• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SHIP OF FOOLS SISTERHOOD - Strong & Healthy in 2005!!!

I really have nothing to add except that it is snowing and I am frustrated.

Congrats to the losers and toners this week.

I hope to lose another pound come Wednesday and then I will be at the lowest level of points for WW.

Of course, Monday will probably not be much of a diet day since it is my birthday, but it all depends on what DH has planned.

disneydudette1 said:
Pam!!! Please please please! I hope you don't call the Dudettes nursey. :rotfl2:

No way, the term comes from a very funny TV programme, Black Adder. Don't know if you get that over there. It is used in a derogative manner on the TV and I would not dream of using it to anybody to their face, I wouldn't like to offend. So, no, I would not call any of the Dudettes that name!

Am I back in good books?

Pam

Feeling very down today. The weather has me in a real tizzy. I don't want to get on the treadmill or do any work. How is that for lazy?

At least I am not a nursey either!

Yesterday I was hungry and frustrated, not a good combination, but I didn't give into it.

Good for you resisting the temptation, Denine! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I finally have the scales going in the right direction again. My cravings are back under control and I've dropped 3 lbs this week! :cool1:

While I'll still be hiding in my swimsuit coverup all cruise, I'll be the best me that I can be!

Have a great week, everyone.

Arlene

mississaugamom said:
While I'll still be hiding in my swimsuit coverup all cruise, I'll be the best me that I can be!

Arlene

That will be me, too. I will still be hiding because of my "dimples" but at least I am not covering up as much!

Congrats Arlene!

I am feeling listless today, this week, this month. The continued bad weather really has me down and all I want to do is nap. I have no desire to get on the TM and I was doing so good with it.

I am feeling fat and decided to drop down a point starting today. I feel I am at a standstill.

Of course, the continued celebrations dont' help. We went out for a nice meal for my birthday yesterday and I did really good except for the dessert I ordered. We had a birthday party last week that only served pizza and we have another birthday party on Saturday.

Hang in there, Denine! I know how hard it can be to motivate yourself sometimes, since I struggle with that myself.

I did something I didn't expect to today - I BOUGHT MYSELF A BICYCLE!!!!

We were actually shopping for Lara's birthday in June since Grandpa wants to buy her a new bike for the occasion, and I decided that it's time for me to start doing more. Lara loves her bike since finally learning how to ride a two-wheeler last year. She's rock-steady on it this year and is ready for street riding and bicycle paths in our area. Since she tries to be my "fitness coach" at home, riding together could be a good way to get some additional exercise for me. (I also didn't like Lara's suggestion that SHE could ride her bike and I could jog along beside her! :teeth: )

Wish me luck, folks! It's been a LONG time . . . I just hope there's not a cast in my future! :rotfl2:

Arlene

pampat said:
No way, the term comes from a very funny TV programme, Black Adder. Don't know if you get that over there. It is used in a derogative manner on the TV and I would not dream of using it to anybody to their face, I wouldn't like to offend. So, no, I would not call any of the Dudettes that name!

Am I back in good books?

Pam

You were never is the bad books. Yes we get Black Adder over here on PBS sometimes...very funny show! I was only teasing. Heck it beats what they call nurses in Germany...Sisters of the Sick. While traveling in Ireland I stayed in a B&B and a German couple was there when I told them I was a nurse they thought I was a nanny.

Arlene-I hope you also bought the helmet, knee pads, elbow pads... Good luck! Congrats on the weight loss!

All you cover up people...don't forget we are all in the same boat, some more than others but heck nobody is 20 years old!! Some will look better than us, some worse. Love me love my fat, dimples, wrinkles.

Arlene: Thanks for the encouragement. Good for you buying a bike. We love to go bike riding and do that when we got to HH. It hasn't been easy with a 2 year old. The thigs get a real workout when you haven't done it in a long time!

I did get on the TM yesterday. It took everything I had, but I did it.

I didn't lose or gain any weight again this week. I really want to lose about 7 more pounds before the cruise.

I will try to do the TM today, but DD is not taking a nap today and that is when I do it. Maybe she will play nicely while I walk, yeah right!

Race day is sunday, so today after work I tried out my gameplan on the track, run 1/8th walk 1/8 th mile. Did the three miles in 41 minutes. I figure that's close enough to my goal of 40 min.

Arlene, congrats on the bike. DD and I used to bike to the mall (5 miles) have lunch and bike back. It was probably calorie neutral but lots of fun.

Denine just getting on the TM is a victory :cheer2: I think I'd be depressed too if I was still dealing with snow.

I was called nursey today. She was a sweet little 95 year old who was having cataract surgery. It appears it was her generic name for everyone including the surgeon (male) :teeth: Maybe tomorrow she'll be seeing better and notice he's a guy.

I've decided that I'm wearing my tankini on the cruise and I really don't care what folks think about my dimples. I've had most of them since I was 15, they are my old friends and deserve to see the light of day. ;)

eye R.N. said:
Race day is sunday, so today after work I tried out my gameplan on the track, run 1/8th walk 1/8 th mile. Did the three miles in 41 minutes. I figure that's close enough to my goal of 40 min.

I've decided that I'm wearing my tankini on the cruise and I really don't care what folks think about my dimples. I've had most of them since I was 15, they are my old friends and deserve to see the light of day. ;)

First, can't wait to hear how you did in the race. I bet the sheer adrenaline drove you on. I am very envious of your dedication, but strangely lacking in any desire to follow in your footsteps!!

I totally agree about the dimples. And besides, dimples is such a lovely name. I usually call mine 'fat puckers'. Try saying that when you've had a few!!!

Just to share: I had my 3 monthly diabetes check last week. I told the nurse that although my glucose levels were good, I had really let myself go after Christmas just because I knew no one was going to keep a check on me for another three months. Out of sight, out of mind, kind of thing. She is a lovely person, my nurse, and told me that if it made me feel better and kept me on the straight and narrow, she was quite happy for me to see her monthly, just to check on the weight, and have a chat. I was delighted, and since then, I've been really good with my eating lost a pound since Wednesday and have treated myself to a lovely new outfit. It fits now, but would fit a lot better with just 5lbs off, so am working towards that and I can wear it in the South of France when we go off 4 weeks from yesterday.

Have a good week, Sisters. We deserve to have all good things come to us, but we have to work for them.

Pam

EyeRN: So how did you do on Sunday?

Pam: Congrats on getting back on track!

We had a party Saturday night and I ate too many kinds of foods and my tummy hasn't been happy since. I haven't eaten much yesterday and today. Who knows what weigh-in will be on Wednesday.

This is a heads-up to those friends who haven't experienced it yet, and an explanation to those friends and family who have. Most of you have read the scare-mail about the person whose kidneys were stolen while he was passed out. Well, read on. While the kidney story was an urban legend, this one is not.
>
>It's happening every day.
>
>My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. It was just that quick. I went to sleep in my body and woke up with someone else's thighs. The new ones had the texture of cooked oatmeal.
>
>Who would have done such a cruel thing to legs that had been mine for years? Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans and Sheer Energy pantyhose.
>
>Then, just when my guard was down, the thieves struck again.
>
>My butt was >next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear end (although badly attached at least three inches lower than my original) to the thighs they stuck me with earlier. Now, my rear complemented my legs, lump for lump. Frantic, I prayed that long skirts would stay in fashion.
>
>It was two years ago when I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was fixing my hair and I watched horrified but fascinated as the flesh of my upper arms swung to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush.
>
>This was really getting scary. My body was being replaced one section at a time. How clever and fiendish.
>
>Age? Age had nothing to do with it. Age is supposed to creep up, unnoticed, something like maturity.
>
>NO, I was being attacked repeatedly and without warning. In despair, I gave up my T-shirts. What could they do to me next? My poor neck disappeared more quickly than the Thanksgiving turkey it now resembled.
>
>That's why I decided to tell my story. I can't take on the medical profession by myself. Women of the world, wake up and smell the coffee. That really isn't plastic that those surgeons are using. You KNOW where they are getting those replacement parts, don't you?
>
>The next time you suspect someone has had a face "lifted", look again. Was it lifted from you?
>
>I think I finally found my thighs .. and I hope that Cindy Crawford paid a really good price for them!
>
>This is not a hoax. This is happening to women in every town every night.
>
>WARN YOUR FRIENDS.
>
>P.S. I must say that last year I thought someone had stolen my breasts. I was lying in bed and they were gone! As I jumped out of bed I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.

:rotfl2: KEEP ON EXERCISING!!!! :rotfl2:

mississaugamom said:
This is a heads-up to those friends who haven't experienced it yet, and an explanation to those friends and family who have. Most of you have read the scare-mail about the person whose kidneys were stolen while he was passed out. Well, read on. While the kidney story was an urban legend, this one is not.
>
>It's happening every day.
>
>My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago. It was just that quick. I went to sleep in my body and woke up with someone else's thighs. The new ones had the texture of cooked oatmeal.
>
>Who would have done such a cruel thing to legs that had been mine for years? Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine? I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs. Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans and Sheer Energy pantyhose.
>
>Then, just when my guard was down, the thieves struck again.
>
>My butt was >next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear end (although badly attached at least three inches lower than my original) to the thighs they stuck me with earlier. Now, my rear complemented my legs, lump for lump. Frantic, I prayed that long skirts would stay in fashion.
>
>It was two years ago when I realized my arms had been switched. One morning I was fixing my hair and I watched horrified but fascinated as the flesh of my upper arms swung to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush.
>
>This was really getting scary. My body was being replaced one section at a time. How clever and fiendish.
>
>Age? Age had nothing to do with it. Age is supposed to creep up, unnoticed, something like maturity.
>
>NO, I was being attacked repeatedly and without warning. In despair, I gave up my T-shirts. What could they do to me next? My poor neck disappeared more quickly than the Thanksgiving turkey it now resembled.
>
>That's why I decided to tell my story. I can't take on the medical profession by myself. Women of the world, wake up and smell the coffee. That really isn't plastic that those surgeons are using. You KNOW where they are getting those replacement parts, don't you?
>
>The next time you suspect someone has had a face "lifted", look again. Was it lifted from you?
>
>I think I finally found my thighs .. and I hope that Cindy Crawford paid a really good price for them!
>
>This is not a hoax. This is happening to women in every town every night.
>
>WARN YOUR FRIENDS.
>
>P.S. I must say that last year I thought someone had stolen my breasts. I was lying in bed and they were gone! As I jumped out of bed I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.

:rotfl2: KEEP ON EXERCISING!!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I am going to print this off and keep is as my incentive!

If this doesn't do it nothing will!

Thanks Arlene!

Scratch
:rotfl:

Thanks for asking Sisters (and you are my sisters)

Sunday was interesting. My boss called DH on Saturday and took him up on his offer to help, so we needed to be there by 7:00 am, this meant getting up at 5:30. There was a seminar on teen driving prior to race (very interesting stuff about the teen brain and why they do what they do) but right before the race I realized I hadn't eaten. . .anything. So I grabbed a red bull and drank it down. I have no clue what is in that stuff, must be loads of sugar and caffine, but I finished in 37 minutes, was still the last one on the course, but since I brought in the largest number of pledges i won the an I pod mini and a beautiful metal sculpture that says DREAM. So I've now done a 5K and will cross that off the life list.

Thanks to everyone for your support. I could not have done this without you. :banana:

Loved the story about the body parts. Thanks for starting my day with a smile.

Pam, I understand the idea of being accountable to someone other than yourself. I do much better when I know there is someone watching over me. Can't wait to see you in the new outfit. :cheer2:

hi there would you mind a new person joining the ranks?
:)

I really could use some support in my venture here. :)

binny said:
hi there would you mind a new person joining the ranks?
:)

I really could use some support in my venture here. :)

Hi Binny, welcome. You'll get all the support you need here. If you go back some pages you will see just how wonderful all these ladies are in this location.

BTW I loved the narrative. I've been experiencing the same thing happening to me, but with a difference. I know where my new body parts have been coming from - my Mother!

Well done with the 5K. I had every confidence in you.

Have a great week.

Pam

Way to go Dee on the 5K!

Welcome Binny!

I have been MIA for awhile. Kind of depressed. My twin DD is moving out this weekend and it is very hard. We are very close. She is 25 and it is time to fly but it doesn't make it any easier! My weight is bad and I was told that stress affects weight loss. Brighter days are ahead and soon. Her twin is pregnant with twins and the babies more than likely will come the end of May.

Loved the thigh article! Unfortunately if we would line all of us ladies up I would be number one with the most. I heard on tv the other day that a person is either destined or not and some can't turn it around. I try to make myself feel better by that but it is so hard to lose the weight expecting to see nice thighs etc and doesn't!

Did any of you see the picture of Paris Hilton in a bikini? Her back side was loaded with dimples and she is extremely thin. If she has them then we shouldn't feel so bad.

Pam, the tv said that it is genetic. You probably did get it from your mom!

Dee: Terrific job on the 5K!

Arlene: Loved the article!

Sandy:You should be proud of Heidi, not sad! You will be a grandma before you know it! Then you will be spending all your time at Stacey's house!

I lost 3 pounds this week, somehow. Maybe it is all the green tea I have been drinking. I'll take it though!

Hi Binny :wave:

Thanks for the advice Denine. That was nice! It is just so hard.

After a horrible week of gaining for no reason, I am proud to say that since Monday I lost 2.8. Phew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter