She's Going Back in Two Weeks, a Jan 2022 PTR

I just read that the Figment popcorn buckets have SOLD OUT! That's one thing you won't have to worry about ;)
Have a wonderful time. Looking forward to reading all about it! :)

Not only do I find the popcorn bucket obsession crazy, but I don't know how Figment became so popular. ;)
I have been nearly a life-long Figment fan, since my souvenier of choice when I visited when I was 6 was a stuffed Figment. I still have him... I like the little guy, and the premise of inspiring imagination, but I feet the popcorn bucket craze is more about online profit potential than anything else...

Except for the dented Zebra striped suitcase. :)
The baggage handlers need to take better care of passengers' luggage.
Yes, that poor bag is a survivor. It has outlasted many of its companions, which tend to loose wheels or be damaged beyond usability in a trip or two. That one is hanging in there still, and will attempt to extend its record.

We always put on a lot more steps when staying at an Epcot resort than staying in the MK area. I think it has to do with walking to/from HS and repeated trips into Epcot. The World Showcase is a really big place.
That is interesting, but does make sense. With Epcot so close (and yet so far) it is easy to decide to walk the over there, and then do another substantial walk around World Showcase.

The ears are really cute and lightweight, too. :)
Yeah, they have collected quite a few over the years. Our new plan is to find a way to display them at home on a wall or something.

I hope the transition to the new job goes smoothly. Will the people at the old job bother you will questions once you have left them?
I spent most of my last two weeks recording videos, writing instructions, and hosting meetings to explain how things get done. I do expect a call or e-mail, and we should start a pool for when the first message comes in. The new job is ramping up nicely though, and it will be nice to get a taste of it before Disney.

I just read that the Figment popcorn buckets have SOLD OUT! That's one thing you won't have to worry about ;)
Have a wonderful time. Looking forward to reading all about it!
Oh well... Now whatever will we do with out Epcot days? We are excited about the rest of Festival of the Arts, and have some artists we want to visit. We have some blank wall space that we might find a little something for.

What restaurants do you have planned? Will you be going to Space 220?
We hoped for Space 220 but we’re not able to get it at any time during our trip. Instead we will try a lunch in the Mexico pavilion instead, which will be new to us.
Other new ones for us are Brown Derby for lunch, Beaches and Cream, and Steakhouse 71 for dinner. We are also adding Skipper Canteen for lunch, since the girls liked it last year. Another new thing is brunch at Homecoming, which we are really excited about.
We also are going back to Yak and Yeti, Boathouse, Teppan Edo and Liberty Tree. We have quite a few open slots too, so we will see what we wind up with.

We hoped for Space 220 but we’re not able to get it at any time during our trip....We have quite a few open slots too, so we will see what we wind up with.
Maybe you can keep checking for new openings at Space 220, especially a day ahead. I went there in November and was surprised how good the food quality was. The theming was IMHO rather hokey (you can see your own reflection in viewscreen to "outer space") but still fun.

Maybe you can keep checking for new openings at Space 220, especially a day ahead. I went there in November and was surprised how good the food quality was. The theming was IMHO rather hokey (you can see your own reflection in viewscreen to "outer space") but still fun.
Yeah, we will see what we can do, but won't be too disappointed if we don't get it this time.

I'm looking forward to our first visit to Festival of the Arts :)
Congratulations! It is our favorite of the Epcot festivals, followed closely by Food and Wine, but the neat thing about it is it has food and art. Fun stuff.

Bon voyage!
Thanks, it is almost go time!

The day is finally almost here! We leave for Disney World in the morning.

The earrrrly morning, practically tonight.

Yes, we are getting up at 2AM to leave the house about 2:30. I really do think this is about an ideal time though, because it gets us to Orlando just after 2 PM, and we still get some sleep tonight instead of doing the red eye and being wiped out tomorrow.

We’re probably still gonna be wiped out but a nap helps.

It was fun getting all the notifications today about fun things that will start tomorrow, like the airport transportation, our resort checkin, and our park passes.

I even checked into our flights all by myself after Paul had already gone into the office. I was left unsupervised but fortunately for Paul first class was already full.

That’s probably good. I made it through my first three days in the office, and already had stuff to do, but overall the trip should be pretty work-free for me. Once we get back it’s a whole different story.

You did a good job this week! I’m proud of you.

Aww, thanks. We did get a bit of Mickey Mail today that we packed for reading material on the plane.

It was super timely. All that’s left is to brush our teeth and hit the hay, it’s gonna be an early morning.

The crazy thing is it is already our arrival day in Florida. We’ll be there soon!

I wish that the weather in Florida was going to be warmer for you.

Have a great trip. I can't wait to hear all about it. :)
Thanks, and hello from the plane.
p561645552-4.jpg

For $5 the Delta WiFi seemed like a deal. It is super fast.

I just looked at the forecast again and it does look a little chilly. Today might be the only 80 degree day, but that’s ok. We will have a ball, we just might not swim a whole lot.
Have a great trip!!
Thank you so much, we will! It is already off to a nice start, as we’re about 1/3 of the way there.

We arrived and had a great time so far last night. We’ll save most of it for the trip report but we made a great call going with the limo over Mears connect. The kids loved it and it saved over an hour of transportation time compared to Jon and Brandy who took the bus and had 6 stops.
4C7A748D-E567-4FE6-A728-9506ADDFADA8.jpeg23B5B80A-5146-4894-B5F9-A8E2FC12D369.jpeg

Also, walking to Epcot was great, and we will be doing a lot of walking. We did one lap of World Showcase last night, and got to see Harmonious which was awesome. Maybe we just really missed having fireworks last year, but we all loved it. It far surpassed our expectations.

671CC0D6-29D6-45B8-9C72-5363A0559639.jpeg
14461757-8FE7-4BD9-BF71-9B0601F0266D.jpeg

Now I’m off to explore a beautiful resort as the sun comes up.

Attachments

• 9385FD8C-98D3-4A51-9F18-DFEA469F09A9.jpeg
    9385FD8C-98D3-4A51-9F18-DFEA469F09A9.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 2
We did one lap of World Showcase last night, and got to see Harmonious which was awesome. Maybe we just really missed having fireworks last year, but we all loved it. It far surpassed our expectations.
I really like Harmonius. There is a good view from the bridge between UK and France if you just want to quickly run into Epcot one night - which is what I usually do. ;) You can't see what is in the big circle but you can see what is in the four half circles. :)

I love your pictures. :)

I really like Harmonius. There is a good view from the bridge between UK and France if you just want to quickly run into Epcot one night - which is what I usually do. ;) You can't see what is in the big circle but you can see what is in the four half circles. :)

I love your pictures. :)
We were so impressed with the show that we wound up booking a fireworks cruise for it. That should be great. Our spot next to Canada worked well for no wait though, and wasn’t crowded.

Thanks for the picture compliments. I went out again this morning and got some over by Boardwalk. It is a neat area.

Your pictures are gorgeous! Can't wait to see the Beach Club Villas in August when we go :) I really love your trip reports, can't wait for more!
Thanks so much. You should love it here, and in August the great pool options will really be nice. We swam yesterday and Marshall loved the big slide. Today looks like it will be a little cooler.

Also, can I ask about your limo from the airport? I kind of want to do that too! Wondering how expensive it is?
Yes! The limo was $233 from the airport to the resort for the 4 of us, but it would have been the same cost for up to 8 people. We used black diamond transportation after reading some reviews that scared us away from a couple other companies. It worked out great, and they have SUV service for $133 that we will use for the return trip. Our driver Emile was super nice and helpful for us and random people at the airport who were looking for Mears buses. When you consider that Mears would have been $250 round trip for their express service on a bus, it’s not a bad deal. The extra $100 for the limo was a splurge but something the kids just loved. It and the pool slide are Marshall’s favorite parts on the trip so far.

Looks like you're off to a great start! It's probably nice for you to have new territory to explore in the early am. The photos are beautiful! We're treating our family (7 of us) to a trip early March. I'm thinking of booking Mears Express but maybe I'll check out the limo options too? Hope you're having a fabulous time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter