• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaun thompson will be missed greatly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened today- was very shocked & sadden that Shaun has left. I too feel bad for Craig to loose his "little buddy". They were always sent to do things together - whether going out to CA to get footage of something or reviewing a movie or something at the Parks. I love their chemistry on the Universal show!! Shaun you will be missed and I wish you luck with your future!

If a Disney executive departs, Pete will devote 10 minutes or more to the story and follow-up conjecture. (Remember Nick Franklin?) But when it's one of his own, we get 10 seconds and the equivalent of a "No comment" from him and the staff. Definitely suspicious. I can only give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they're somehow protecting their friend from some sort of personal and private crisis. It'll all come out in the wash. It always does.

Very sad to learn of Sha Un's departure. He was always one of my favorites on the show. I just finally listened to the special Social Media show he did and so enjoyed it as I did all his segments. He will definitely be missed.

If a Disney executive departs, Pete will devote 10 minutes or more to the story and follow-up conjecture. (Remember Nick Franklin?) But when it's one of his own, we get 10 seconds and the equivalent of a "No comment" from him and the staff. Definitely suspicious. I can only give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they're somehow protecting their friend from some sort of personal and private crisis. It'll all come out in the wash. It always does.

I found this post to be very insulting and uncalled for. The purpose of this thread is not to question how a individual runs his own business or create rumors but instead to say goodbye to someone who has moved on. Please be considerate moving forward.

Just wanted to say Goodbye to Shaun and wish him all the best.:thumbsup2

Adieu Shaun we will miss you.

Been unsettled about this since Tuesday and the announcement. Other than the obvious of missing Shaun is the way it was announced and moved-on-from by the entire cast..it burst a bubble I had created around my perception of the podcast. It brought to stark clarity that first and foremost the podcast is a business venture involving business owners and employees. Not that the podcast hasn't made that known or very clear. Nor that that there's anything wrong with that. I'm guilty of creating this "friend-bubble" around the podcast...that's on me and in the end, Pete nor John nor Kevin owe us further explanation...even though deep down I'd love to know that it was truly truly amicable and that Shaun is happy and doing well.

It certainly burst the bubble I had created as well. But, I think that we were led to believe that they were friends, simply by the way the the introductions of the show are always made...ie: "my very good friends...." But the more I think about it, they only introduce those actually on the panel in that manner. By the time they get to the production nook, they simply state their title and name.

I'm sad that Shaun is no longer there. I watch the Universal show simply because of Craig and Shaun. I enjoy the Disney World show for what the "production nook" guys bring to the table. I would be hard-pressed to find a show in which their comical banter was not spot on or enjoyable. I am going to miss Shaun; however, I hope that they don't try to replace him so to speak with someone like him...I hope they find someone who finds a new niche within the podcast team.

Best of luck Shaun in your life post-DIS. You were one of my favorites and I hope you have all of the success you deserve!

Bye Shaun i'll miss your imput on the Dispodcast and especially your Food and Wine exploits with Craig and Corey. Hope the Universal podcast doesn't suffer and I think Craig will miss his buddy! Whatever it is your going on to do, good luck Shaun. :goodvibes

Shaun will be missed. Pete and John hire talented people, and from time to time those talented people get opportunities elsewhere. It has happened before and it will happen again. It does take some adjustment, but eventually everything feels complete again.

Good luck Shaun.

I will also miss Shaun's wit and contribution to the Podcast. BUT, I never expected him to stay very long. He has a degree in graphic design and I always assumed this was a spring-board type of job; something I am sure Pete understands.

While it was very sudden and disappointing, remember to keep it in perspective . . . it will never compare to the loss of Bob from the Podcast. I know Shaun will have great success in his future endeavors. :hug:

I've been hoping that Shaun would make some sort of announcement via Facebook, but maybe because of the nature of what he'll be doing, Pete asked him not to share with the community right now. There could be a conflict of interest if his new job involves Disney or production in some way. That could very easily also be why Pete would decline to share that information on the show. Or maybe Shaun prefers some privacy on his next endeavor. Either way, I hope he feels proud of his work for the DIS and knows how much we have all appreciated his contributions to the show. I also hope that regardless of why it may not be appropriate to share more information about Shaun's departure right now, that Shaun will be able to stay in contact with his fans in some capacity in the future.

Shaun was the podcast member that I most identified with--we're close to the same age and shared several characteristics and interests. I often found that his opinions on various topics very closely mirrored my own and it was rare that he would make an "obscure" reference that I didn't get. I'll miss having that kind of connection to the show. I love the whole team and each person brings a unique perspective to the table that is valuable and interesting, but I don't feel quite as in sync with anyone else.

Incidentally, I was really hoping that we were getting a show segment comparing and contrasting WDW attractions & events with those at DL given Shaun's recent trip to DL, but I guess that's not going to happen now. Bummer.

I remember when Will left for brighter horizons and the team spent more than 30 seconds discussing his departure. It just feels very strange.

Part of the success of the Podcast has been the personality of the team. They figured out early that flashy professional personalities didn't fit the model of the show. They let go the tv/radio personalities and started hosting themselves. This is what made the podcast different from their peers.

The cast have always been open about their private lives and have shared some milestone moments with their listeners. Bob's death, Kevin's father's tragic passing, and Pete and Walter's wedding come to mind as events shared. Listeners have donated, wrote letters, signed petitions, and have sent gifts in response. We have grown to care and it is obvious they have a huge fan base. We are all deeply appreciative of their hard work and dedication to making, IMHO, the best Disney podcast out there.

That said, they shouldn't be surprised that we are not curious or concerned over Shaun's departure. A few months back, Pete was defending "his boys" and proclaiming how he was giving them bonuses. Shaun's departure leaves the question about the future the Universal show.

This reminds me of the sad departure of Walter.

Nooooo!!
Not even a goodbye, either :(
I will miss him very much. Even more-so on the Universal edition.
Who will Craig banter with now?

I've been hoping that Shaun would make some sort of announcement via Facebook, but maybe because of the nature of what he'll be doing, Pete asked him not to share with the community right now. There could be a conflict of interest if his new job involves Disney or production in some way. That could very easily also be why Pete would decline to share that information on the show. Or maybe Shaun prefers some privacy on his next endeavor.
He just posted on his Facebook a thank you to everyone and at the end he asks if anyone knows of any openings for web designer around the orlando area. So he doesn't have a job that he is leaving the podcast for. It seems clear he either quit due to a personal reason or was fired or let go

Now after seeing Shaun's Facebook post I'm really confused ..... I really loved Shaun on the show and he made me literally laugh out loud when I was listening. He will be missed. I know it's not my business, I just wish I knew more of what happened. Also I thought the Universal show was hilarious because of Craig and Shaun's personalities and how they played off of each other :(. Soo sad now

I'm not able to really watch the podcast (well, maybe John and Kevin segments) anymore.

tumblr_mn6xkhDTDl1sp9olpo1_500.gif

Too ranty and bitter. At least when John, Kevin and the young Shaun did Rant and bitter it was served with a nice cup of Earl Grey.

Whatever the catalyst I hope that his friendship with the other members of the DIS continues. Though not having a goodbye show seems a little telling.

They also kind of glossed over him not being on the previous weeks show as well. So they waited a bit to say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter