• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaun thompson will be missed greatly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like so many, I am so sad to have Shaun gone from the DIS. Whatever the catalyst I hope that his friendship with the other members of the DIS continues. Though not having a goodbye show seems a little telling. He was like a family member to so many of us and it is always so hard to say goodbye to one. Shaun was always ready with a quick smile & his quick wit. He was so well prepared that whenever John, Pete or someone would look at their notes and say "it was here somewhere", Shaun jumped in. Always the fountain of knowledge. One can only hope that the friendships created behind the camera between the boys, or the genuine love in Teresa or Kathy's voices when they spoke to, of, or came to Shaun, Craig and Dustin's defense will continue behind the scene. A family, John, Kevin, Pete, Teresa, Kathy, Corey, Julie, Dustin, Craig, & Shaun, changed. Good luck Shaun. We will miss you sooo much.
I think that no goodbye was telling as well. Very telling. Especially because only Pete said something about it. The rest of the team didn't say a goodbye or a thank you or nothing. I think that is very telling that it wast a "amiable split up"

The podcast has lost one of its greatest assets.
So true. The idea of Shawn, Corey & Craig never doing a followup Epcot "drinking around the world" is sad. Those 3 gentlemen are in a different demographic and it will be hard to replicate it with the existing, though excellent, cast.

I hope personal stuff didn't come into play. We have lost some great members of the team that way. Shaun always acted professionally, yet with refreshing good humor. He will be missed.

I think that no goodbye was telling as well. Very telling. Especially because only Pete said something about it. The rest of the team didn't say a goodbye or a thank you or nothing. I think that is very telling that it wast a "amiable split up"

Yeah, I get the idea that it was a very sudden decision to leave(or be forced out). If it truly was amicable, I believe there would have been a farewell for him because of all that he has done for the show.

Next to Teresa and Kathy and John and Kevin, Shaun was my favorite podcaster. So very bummed about this. He will truly be missed on the show.

Hoping for nothing but the best in your future endeavors, Shaun. :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Shaun -I'm kind of hoping you don't have any future endeavors. Here's to hoping Pete paid you so well, you opted for that early retirement package!

This is soooo sad! I love listening to Sha un! I plan runs around listening to podcast and listen to repeats of the Universal Show. Love it! Hate to hear he is gone and baffled by the fact that it was announced after the fact. In listening to the last universal show it is hard to imagine that he thought he would be not around for the next one. I really hate to hear he won't be part of the team. He was like a lovable younger brother! If it was truly amicable I would think it would be announced beforehand or even if last minute, that he would come around for a farewell show! Really stinks to not hear where he is going and his favorite moments of being with the DIS. If it was amicable, Bring him back for one last hoo rah or special! We were at Universal and Disney in September and I had a plan if we saw him with the DIS somewhere the kids would call him Sha Un!

I'm disappointed to hear that his departure was so oddly rapid. This really came out of nowhere, at least from the listener standpoint. I do think that he was so good that he was outgrowing the podcast. The podcast is fun, but it certainly is not a truly professional endeavor, that is according to the entertainment industry...it simply is what it is. I have always found Shaun (and Dustin) to be head and shoulders above in their knowledge and humility.

Good luck to Shaun and he will be missed.

I'm also curious to see what the status of the Universal show is now, I doubt Craig does it all by himself.

Definitely a surprising revelation. I was very bummed to hear about this too. I also wonder why his exit was so abrupt?

I will miss Shaun too. He was great, always a pleasure to listen to and always made me laugh. Good luck, Shaun!

Dis unplugged is always one of my favorite saturday activities, been listening for years now. Hate to hear Shaun is leaving, but i hope all is well amongst the crew. its a great product, and always brings smiles and laughs to my day

thanks to all involved!

Dis unplugged is always one of my favorite saturday activities, been listening for years now. Hate to hear Shaun is leaving, but i hope all is well amongst the crew. its a great product, and always brings smiles and laughs to my day

thanks to all involved!

Agreed. I always look forward to Tuesday nights when I watch. They have a lot of fun.

To say I'm bummed is an understatement. There was a time I'd stopped listening to the podcast, just feeling like I was not getting anything worthwhile enough out of it to spend the hour listening. Shaun (and Dustin too) had given me a new lease of sorts with the DIS and I really enjoyed Shaun's informative quick-witted commentary. It will be hard to replace him, b/c those are some pretty awesome shoes to fill there! Good luck to the remaining members of the crew in trying to do so.

Been unsettled about this since Tuesday and the announcement. Other than the obvious of missing Shaun is the way it was announced and moved-on-from by the entire cast..it burst a bubble I had created around my perception of the podcast. It brought to stark clarity that first and foremost the podcast is a business venture involving business owners and employees. Not that the podcast hasn't made that known or very clear. Nor that that there's anything wrong with that. I'm guilty of creating this "friend-bubble" around the podcast...that's on me and in the end, Pete nor John nor Kevin owe us further explanation...even though deep down I'd love to know that it was truly truly amicable and that Shaun is happy and doing well.

Other people have come and gone from the podcast, it's not the end of the world. As long as Pete, John, and Kevin are there all is good.

Been unsettled about this since Tuesday and the announcement. Other than the obvious of missing Shaun is the way it was announced and moved-on-from by the entire cast..it burst a bubble I had created around my perception of the podcast. It brought to stark clarity that first and foremost the podcast is a business venture involving business owners and employees. Not that the podcast hasn't made that known or very clear. Nor that that there's anything wrong with that. I'm guilty of creating this "friend-bubble" around the podcast...that's on me and in the end, Pete nor John nor Kevin owe us further explanation...even though deep down I'd love to know that it was truly truly amicable and that Shaun is happy and doing well.

Completely agree

Completely agree

Very well put...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter