• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shaun thompson will be missed greatly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sha Un was a great part of the podcast and now after seeing his Facebook post and knowing it wasn't on his terms I feel for him and hope he finds work somewhere soon especially involving disney. I wish him all the best in the future.

Shaun will definitely be missed! I hope they find a way to continue the Universal shows. As someone who is visiting Universal for the first time in a few weeks, they have been extremely helpful!

I saw Shaun's Facebook post as well and it's making me say hmmm. The fact that he's on the lookout for a new job tells me that he was probably laid off. If he were leaving on his own terms, I would suspect he would have given some kind of notice and therefore a "this is my last show" thing would have been said. The Dis has several full timers on the payroll and while I'm sure Dreams does a heck of a business, I've often wondered how many FTEs they can support compared to how expensive it is to run a business like that (especially with things like healthcare, travel, etc.). Just my own opinion - love the show, will miss Shaun, hope it works out for everyone :goodvibes

I'm not able to really watch the podcast (well, maybe John and Kevin segments) anymore.

tumblr_mn6xkhDTDl1sp9olpo1_500.gif

Too ranty and bitter. At least when John, Kevin and the young Shaun did Rant and bitter it was served with a nice cup of Earl Grey.

Yes, this!

I will continue to watch but there will be a void from now on.

Shaun's Facebook post made me cry all over again. :sad:

While I certainly understand and share the sentiment that members of the podcast team feel like friends/family to us and we want to know what happened when there's a change, I think the very fact that they chose not to discuss details on the podcast when they are generally open about their lives is telling. I choose to trust that there's a reason for their discretion and wish Shaun the very best.

Laurie

While I certainly understand and share the sentiment that members of the podcast team feel like friends/family to us and we want to know what happened when there's a change, I think the very fact that they chose not to discuss details on the podcast when they are generally open about their lives is telling. I choose to trust that there's a reason for their discretion and wish Shaun the very best.

Laurie

Laurie, you must do something in the legal world. :rolleyes1

I mean, it could simply be just a cost cutting thing? These things happen. I can't imagine this was his full time gig or anything. I think Dustin is the only full-timer.
But in any case, inquiring minds would like a bit more closure :D

Dreams Unlimited Travel and DISBoards are privately held companies. When there is an internal HR change, it's a private matter for both the employer and the employee. The employer ESPECIALLY doesn't want to get sued by the employee, so they just keep quiet and move on.

It's the right move to NOT talk about it on the show. Talk about Disney execs all you want, but talking about former employees at your own company is not OK, regardless of how they left the company. Being a business owner myself, I know Pete did the right thing here by making it brief and quick.

Shaun, you will be missed, you were my favorite person on the show besides Pete!

Ethan

It may be business, but some of their success is how they have touched their podcast viewers and listeners. It doesn't take the sadness away when you feel like a friend is gone. That's what this podcast does really well-it sucks you into their lives and you let them into yours. And you care about all of these people you may be lucky to meet once.

Ethan- I totally agree.

While Disney info is very much public, Pete doesn't owe us a long explanation on why Shaun left. Actually, the way he handled it, in my opinion, was perfect. Imagine if it was a personal issue, you wouldn't want your business being aired out right away. I'm sure in time we may find out what happened, because like people have said, the Podcast team just seems like one big family. But for now, I think we should all respect the business decisions being made, as it's really none of our business!

Still am super upset about the loss of Shaun though. :(

Shaun will definitely be missed! I hope they find a way to continue the Universal shows. As someone who is visiting Universal for the first time in a few weeks, they have been extremely helpful! I saw Shaun's Facebook post as well and it's making me say hmmm. The fact that he's on the lookout for a new job tells me that he was probably laid off. If he were leaving on his own terms, I would suspect he would have given some kind of notice and therefore a "this is my last show" thing would have been said. The Dis has several full timers on the payroll and while I'm sure Dreams does a heck of a business, I've often wondered how many FTEs they can support compared to how expensive it is to run a business like that (especially with things like healthcare, travel, etc.). Just my own opinion - love the show, will miss Shaun, hope it works out for everyone :goodvibes

I wouldn't assume anything -I'm sure things are carefully worded. He'll be fine. While many of us can relate to the podcast as family -a business is a business and they're all big boys and girls. To me, if the end product is the same -I'll be good with it.

While I agree with you all that they don't owe us an explanation on the specifics on why he was let go, or fired, or quit. As you all said it is between the employer and employee and it's better to be safe to prevent and legal issues. However, I do take issue with the way the announcement was handled. No one said we'd like to thank Shaun on the job he has done and being a tremendous asset to the team. And no one said a word about it besides Pete's short, oh btw shaun isn't apart of the dis anymore. I don't care what the issue is Shaun deserved a public thank you and goodbye from the team. I believe he earned that

While I agree with you all that they don't owe us an explanation on the specifics on why he was let go, or fired, or quit. As you all said it is between the employer and employee and it's better to be safe to prevent and legal issues. However, I do take issue with the way the announcement was handled. No one said we'd like to thank Shaun on the job he has done and being a tremendous asset to the team. And no one said a word about it besides Pete's short, oh btw shaun isn't apart of the dis anymore. I don't care what the issue is Shaun deserved a public thank you and goodbye from the team. I believe he earned that

But none of us know the details of how this went down. Was he laid off -maybe(?). What if there was some kind of disagreement behind the scenes? We don't know any of this -and maybe will never know. I'm not a Facebook guy but if Shaun really wanted everyone to know the details, he has the opportunity to present them when he is ready.

But none of us know the details of how this went down. Was he laid off -maybe(?). What if there was some kind of disagreement behind the scenes? We don't know any of this -and maybe will never know. I'm not a Facebook guy but if Shaun really wanted everyone to know the details, he has the opportunity to present them when he is ready.
But the professional thing to do would have been to say thank you and goodbye no matter what the circumstance or disagreements were. In my opinion that would've been the professional thing to do. Just my opinion though

But the professional thing to do would have been to say thank you and goodbye no matter what the circumstance or disagreements were. In my opinion that would've been the professional thing to do. Just my opinion though

You're right -but only if they both agreed to do it that way. (Somewhat) obviously, they both felt the way they announced it was best for both parties. Shaun might have a job lined up, but just isn't at liberty to make it public yet.

I've been hoping that Shaun would make some sort of announcement via Facebook, but maybe because of the nature of what he'll be doing, Pete asked him not to share with the community right now. There could be a conflict of interest if his new job involves Disney or production in some way. That could very easily also be why Pete would decline to share that information on the show. Or maybe Shaun prefers some privacy on his next endeavor. Either way, I hope he feels proud of his work for the DIS and knows how much we have all appreciated his contributions to the show. I also hope that regardless of why it may not be appropriate to share more information about Shaun's departure right now, that Shaun will be able to stay in contact with his fans in some capacity in the future.

Well said.

You're right -but only if they both agreed to do it that way. (Somewhat) obviously, they both felt the way they announced it was best for both parties. Shaun might have a job lined up, but just isn't at liberty to make it public yet.
I don't think that Shaun would have asked people to look for a job for him on fb if he had another job lined up. And while I do respect your opinion. I'll stand behind that an employer should give a thank and a goodbye publicly when you have a public platform. Such as the show. In my eyes that's the professional and courteous thing to do. That was my intention of starting this thread. To give Shaun the thank you and farewell that he deserved but never got.

Reactions: rlp
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter