Sharing the Disney Magic with Family & Friends-DL Diamond Anniversary-DCA F&W Fest Kiosks & The End!

That onion soup looks good enough to lick through the screen! I love me some onion soup and bacon and gouda added to it? Yum!!!

You sure do love your Diamond Martinis :) Its like me and my standard manhattan at WDW! \

Glad you had some nice Disney meets even if its was mostly drinking and talking! Always the best guide of meet :)

You forgot that it was starting to sprinkle when we were leaving DL and at about the Mercantile, the skies opened up and POURED! I stopped and got a poncho and then we stopped at WoD so I could pick up my new HM Dooney. :) The drive to the drugstore was in pouring rain with palm fronds on the roads everywhere! I stepped in a puddle on the way to Trader Sam's and soaked my shoe and sock! I had to change socks and shoes before my shuttle came...no way was I setting in for a 15 hour flight with wet feet! BTW, I got masking tape so I could hang Flat Stanley up and take pictures.

We had a great time! Loved hanging out with you again and we could get together before your trip.

I have to finish my Flat Stanley book for my niece and then I can get my trip report started!

Jill in CO

Great update! I think that I might cry if I saw the train at the Main Street Station and not moving.

Good luck on finding a turkey! We buy them all at Thanksgiving and then defrost about one a month (or every other) so we can have them all year.

Maybe I can find a turkey breast that I can roast. Not quite the same but, tasty just the same. I wish I had bought a bigger freezer when I replaced our old one after the fire. I was concerned with saving money. If I had I've room to buy a bunch.

Five days you must be getting excited! Which resort are you staying at?

Great update! I love that you are meeting so many friends when they come to visit Southern California = Disneyland. ;) Food always looks yummy and so do all those drinks! :thumbsup2

I have to finish my Flat Stanley book for my niece and then I can get my trip report started!

Could you please PM me when you start your TR? I'd love to read along, but I am lazy when it comes to go to the TR board itself and look for things (in other words I forget)

Hey excellent I made one of your updates! :woohoo:

We had a great time despite the rain. I give you a lot of credit for sticking with us all night. Even for Northerners it got pretty miserable there towards the end. (And you have to remember it was -15 when we left Buffalo. So ,yeah it was still shorts weather!)

One thing you didn't mention, we totally made the right call on the parade and fireworks. They ended up canceling BOTH of them - so we definitely wouldn't have had fun standing in the rain waiting for them. In the end DW and I ended up catching them the next night, but unfortunately my mom decided not to stay out so late, so it was just the two of us.

Thanks again for taking the time to come meet with us!

It sounds like two great days despite the weather.

We both ordered the onion soup with bacon and gouda. Neither one of us expected what we were about to receive, but it was incredibly good. We both wanted to lick the bowl!

That sounds and looks to die for. This would be right up my street.

we stopped at WoD so I could pick up my new HM Dooney.

Congratulations on your HM Dooney.

Corinna

More fun times with friends, I love it! Sorry about all the rain though. Thanks for sharing :)

Your trip is coming up soon!!!

Alison - the Crab au Gratin and Onion soup were making me drool tonight, they looked so good. Looks like both meets were fun.

Hope you don't mind me picking Skier Pete's brain Alison for our Fall trip...

Even for Northerners it got pretty miserable there towards the end. (And you have to remember it was -15 when we left Buffalo. So ,yeah it was still shorts weather!

@skier_pete - We're Northern Californians (not wimpy SoCal) thinking about running up to Niagara Falls the first of November for a couple of days, are we crazy weather wise?

@skier_pete - We're Northern Californians (not wimpy SoCal) thinking about running up to Niagara Falls the first of November for a couple of days, are we crazy weather wise?

Well, that time of year can be pretty variable - anywhere from 60s and sunny to 30s and rainy. Average high 1st of November is 53 F. Fall here in Western New York can be quite beautiful, even late fall like that. (You will be past peak leaf season.) Snow is unlikely but not impossible. I don't think it is a crazy time to come. Crazy time is Dec-March. Early November should be OK, just bring a jacket. PM me if you have any other questions - happy to answer but I don't want to hijack @franandaj thread.

Your update was wonderful and that is my kind of trip, fun, and drinks.

That potato soup really looks good, and licking the bowl is a good idea right? It is a nod to the chef that you really liked it.

In fact while we were chatting in their hotel room, I got a text from Fran saying that it was pouring rain in Long Beach.
So... about .1" of rain? :rolleyes1

Pete and his wife split the sliders, which I’m sorry to say are no longer on the menu.
That's a shame. They look delicious!

We dropped off Mom at the Grand Californian Hotel and walked on over to the Disneyland hotel and Trader Sam’s in the pouring rain. I met one of the Disneyland cats who was being overly friendly and trying to keep dry
Cool! I've heard of the cats, but I never did see one.

We hopped over to Disneyland Park and I was sad to see the train stopped here, not going on any rides for maybe another two years.
At least they have it out on Display. Isn't that the Lilly Belle car?

We started off with some drinks, my Diamond Martini and she got a Hurricaine.
That hurricane looks fantastic.

I’m going to guess I had a couple Piranha Pools, while Jill had a couple drinks that I don’t remember! No pictures, no memory! We were just having fun chatting and enjoying the adult beverages.
Well, you were drinking some memory erasing drinks there...

Looks like a couple of fun, laid back visits. Even if you did get a little wet. Nice to spend some time connecting with friends and enjoying a beverage or 2.

So much fun! Lots of adulty kinds of stuff going on- perfect for rainy days. That's one of those things I love about Disney: you can never step foot in a park and still have a simply wonderful time. By they way, this gets me all kinds of excited for my visit to Trader Sam's!

So much fun! Lots of adulty kinds of stuff going on- perfect for rainy days. That's one of those things I love about Disney: you can never step foot in a park and still have a simply wonderful time. By they way, this gets me all kinds of excited for my visit to Trader Sam's!

Trader Sams is awesome! I drink the Krakatoa. It's a yummy mix of juices and rum! And it may or may not trigger a special effect. :)

Jill in CO

That onion soup looks good enough to lick through the screen! I love me some onion soup and bacon and gouda added to it? Yum!!!

It was really good! I wonder if it's still on the menu. They change it up seasonally. I might have a chance to go back there next week, and if they still have it, I'll order it!

You sure do love your Diamond Martinis :) Its like me and my standard manhattan at WDW!

Yeah, and it's been a while now since I've had one!

Glad you had some nice Disney meets even if its was mostly drinking and talking! Always the best guide of meet :)

For me I don't mind. I just hope that people who don't get out there as often as I do are OK with not riding so many attractions and stuff. At least the last two were both OK with it.

You forgot that it was starting to sprinkle when we were leaving DL and at about the Mercantile, the skies opened up and POURED! I stopped and got a poncho and then we stopped at WoD so I could pick up my new HM Dooney. :)

You're right! Thanks for pointing that out. My memory is not what it used to be!

The drive to the drugstore was in pouring rain with palm fronds on the roads everywhere! I stepped in a puddle on the way to Trader Sam's and soaked my shoe and sock! I had to change socks and shoes before my shuttle came...no way was I setting in for a 15 hour flight with wet feet! BTW, I got masking tape so I could hang Flat Stanley up and take pictures.

The palm fronds in the street was normal for when it rains. Those are always falling off in the winds. That wouldn't even phase me, but I can see where it was interesting for you to see.

Another pitfall of rain in So Cal is that rain has nowhere to go, especially when it falls as heavy as it did. I guess I always look for puddles because the ground is so dry heavy rains take a long time to soak in. Sorry about your wet shoe!

We had a great time! Loved hanging out with you again and we could get together before your trip.

We need to do it again sometime!

So how's that coming along? :hyper:

Great update! I think that I might cry if I saw the train at the Main Street Station and not moving.

And I forgot to ride the train in WDW. It's closed when I'm back there in October. :headache:

Maybe I can find a turkey breast that I can roast. Not quite the same but, tasty just the same. I wish I had bought a bigger freezer when I replaced our old one after the fire. I was concerned with saving money. If I had I've room to buy a bunch.

Did you ever cook a turkey breast? I have three freezers and two of them are pretty big. They are packed full of meat! I need to have a party to get rid of some of the food! :rotfl2:

Five days you must be getting excited! Which resort are you staying at?

Since you have subbed into the new TR I probably answered this question over there!

Great update! I love that you are meeting so many friends when they come to visit Southern California = Disneyland. ;) Food always looks yummy and so do all those drinks! :thumbsup2

And pretty soon I will be meeting you out there!

Could you please PM me when you start your TR? I'd love to read along, but I am lazy when it comes to go to the TR board itself and look for things (in other words I forget)

Done, and done!

So sorry I missed the meet with you and Jill. Looks like a total blast! party:

We did! It was a mellow day (except for the buckets of rain), and we laughed a lot. That's important!

Hey excellent I made one of your updates! :woohoo:

We had a great time despite the rain. I give you a lot of credit for sticking with us all night. Even for Northerners it got pretty miserable there towards the end. (And you have to remember it was -15 when we left Buffalo. So ,yeah it was still shorts weather!)

Yes you did! I don't know how you folks deal with weather like that!

One thing you didn't mention, we totally made the right call on the parade and fireworks. They ended up canceling BOTH of them - so we definitely wouldn't have had fun standing in the rain waiting for them. In the end DW and I ended up catching them the next night, but unfortunately my mom decided not to stay out so late, so it was just the two of us.

Yes you're right, it would have been awful if we sat there in the drizzle waiting for the call on the fireworks. Instead we were sipping tropical drinks!

Thanks again for taking the time to come meet with us!

You're very welcome, we will see about doing it again in October!

It sounds like two great days despite the weather.

I think all my partners in crime were wise enough not to want to spend a lot of time in the rain!

That sounds and looks to die for. This would be right up my street.

I hope it's still on the menu when I am back next!

More fun times with friends, I love it! Sorry about all the rain though. Thanks for sharing :)

Your trip is coming up soon!!!

And now the trip is done!

Are you going to Disney before your PC cruise?

Alison - the Crab au Gratin and Onion soup were making me drool tonight, they looked so good. Looks like both meets were fun.

They are both very tasty! Worthy of a repeat!

What amazing DisMeets! Wish I were there for both of them. It would have been nice to catch up with @skier_pete and his family....and to accompany @jedijill to Oz. ;) Oh well....I had my own DisMeet with Jill after yours.

Yes, you and Jill seemed like you had a blast!

Your update was wonderful and that is my kind of trip, fun, and drinks.

That potato soup really looks good, and licking the bowl is a good idea right? It is a nod to the chef that you really liked it.

I wonder if the chef would take it that way? :scratchin

That is nice that you were able to meet up with Jill and @skier_pete during those two months and had fun.

We had a lot of fun on both occasions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter