• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shareholding / Annual Passes

Yes spotted the 3rd February deadline, which is because broker needs to process by 8th February.

Reid

So...my Shareholders club card arrived at the weekend - bit of an anti-climax...just the card, no words, no 'instructions'.....

Question if I may please:

When filling in the application form I completed the field regarding my partners name. I notice that the card has been printed with just my name - can both my partner and I sign it / use it, or is it limited to me?.

Thanks

Will drop the Shareholders Centre an email about my previous topic - thanks Cyrano.

On a slightly difference subject - are the new shares actually 'available'?. I took up my allocation via Comdirect, but as yet they do appear in my portfolio, nor have Comdirect charge me.

I thought they actually started trading as of today, so am surprised that neither of the above events have occured.

Have Comdirect screwed up my transaction, or are others (Comdirect, and non-Comdirect customers) seeing similar things?.

(I have sent a message to Comdirect...but as yet not had a reply).

Thanks

I'm pretty sure the new shares must be available by now because I got a cheque through a few days ago for the "change" left over from my shares purchase. I believe it was because the exchange rate between pounds and euros changed between me sending the cheque off and them cashing it in - all £3.67 of it!

Apparently they officially went onto the Paris markets today. I took the following from the headlines on the Yahoo Finance webpage.

WEDNESDAY FEB 23
-Euro Disney (Paris: FR0000125874 - news) new shares listed following 13-for-5 capital increase at 0.09 eur per share

Does anyone know if it is possible to get an AP discount in February halfterm please? I expect not but I can always hope ;)

I know where to get historical WDW AP discount prices for last year - is there anything similar for DLRP? Or is it just a flat 25% off room rate (when it is available)?

Thank you :)

Had a look at Annual Passsport magazine no.5 and it reports the following:
Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay, Hotel New York 1st - 5th, 20th - 26th February, 6th - 16th March.
Cheyenne 8 - 16th March.
Maximum of 2 consecutive nights 25% discount.

Reid

Sorry to seem a bit slow :confused3 but what are the benefits of having a share in disney or this annual passport?? Ive never heard of it beofre! Thanks :wave2:

If it hadn't been for boards I would not have known anything either :teeth:

Annual Passports allow you to go to the parks a number of times, without having to keep getting passports. Unfortunately all the publicity is only in French.
http://www.disneylandparis.com/fr/passeport_annuel/nonadh/hp.htm
At certain times of the year it is possible to get 25% discount on Disney Hotel stays.

Shares allow you to own a little Disney Mag?c :goodvibes
There is a shareholders club. Discounts on passports. Salon Mickey is open to members of the shareholders club :cloud9:
http://www.eurodisney.com/en/0321.php

Reid

wow :sunny: Salon Mickey sounds really great! Are the shares/annual passports expensive? What are the price ranges? :confused3
:wave2:

Cyrano said:
Had a look at Annual Passsport magazine no.5 and it reports the following:
Sequoia Lodge, Newport Bay, Hotel New York 1st - 5th, 20th - 26th February, 6th - 16th March.
Cheyenne 8 - 16th March.
Maximum of 2 consecutive nights 25% discount.

Reid

Reid, thanks a million for that :)

Looks like Feb half term has no AP discounts which I guess I expected.

Oh well!

Thanks again :)

Cyrano/Reid,

Can I ask I question of you please (sorry to be a pain),

Did you take the Rights issue up via Comdirect?. If so, can I ask you how much they charged per share please, based on £.

I ask, because I was surprised that I was charged £0.09 per share - given that this was the exact match for the publish Euro price per share ie €0.09.

Based on recent currency valuations, €0.09 was only worth £0.06 - hence somewhere someone has added £0.03p per share, adding nearly £30 to the entire transaction

Comdirect claim it is correct - but just feels a little steep to me. Would like to understand whether this price per share is the same as yourself, before I attempt to take it further.

Thanks

Iain

Iain
yes I did take up the rights issue. Unfortunately Comdirect statement is very difficult to read, but I can confirm I paid 6.34p per share which would be right at €0.09.
Hope you manage to get it sorted

Reid

Okay, so I didn't do it through Comdirect, but can confirm I bought 1,040 shares for about £65 (can't remember exact figure), so that ties up with what Cyrano said.

Thanks Steve_Rob,

I'm beginning to wonder whether Comdirect have screwed up my application somehow, and have now purchase 'regular' stock to fulfill my transaction - just looking at exchange rates and stock pricing, £0.09 would equal €0.13, which is rougly the current price of Euro Disney stock.

Following a secure message to Comdirect, they have now corrected the transaction and I'm £25 better off!.

Thanks for your help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter