Shareholding / Annual Passes

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hi All,

My first post - did the DisneyLand Paris thing back in November for the first time, it was also the first time to any Disney Park.

Been reading here for the past week or so, and notice threads on the benefits of being a shareholder and/or Annual Passes.

If you become a shareholder or annual pass holder (or both), do you have to deal directly with DLP for booking etc in order to get the discounts etc?. I guessing that your average on-the-high-street tour operator isn't going to have a clue on handling the discounts?.

Is there any dis-advantages to become a annual pass holder?. I noticed in one thread someone suggesting that in there case it was going to cost MORE just for a transport/room only package than a classic package (ie with park entrance included).

Having visited DLP back in November, I'm now bitten by the DLP bug and really can't wait until I can get back there - certainly going back in November 2005 (for Christmas season), but if I can swing it (finance/timing/offers) would like to get there earlier. How often do others get across to DLP?.

Thanks

Can only tell you about shareholding - hopefully an annual pass holder will be able to fill you in on their side of the story.

Yes, you do have to phone Disney direct if you want the shareholders discount, but unlike the parks in Florida or California, I have yet to find any travel agent who does packages cheaper than DLP themselves - and that's before the discount!

Annual passholders also have to phone Disney direct to get discount.
I took annual passes since we visited the park twice last year. The vouchers and discount on shopping and food fairly made it attractive.

Reid

OK - so, lets say that I take out an Annual Passport, I need to call DLP's hotlines to book.

Can I still book with them the Room and Transport (in my case it would be Eurostar), or I'm I now left in a position where I need to talk to DLP for Rooms and Eurostar direct for transport?.

In either case, does the pricing reflect that you've purchased the Annual Passport, by this I mean, is the pricing for Room + Transport significately lower then the normal 'Classic' package?

Thanks

Iain
I haven't yet tried Disney hotels which AP discount, since I was able to get very attractive rate for Holiday Inn.
In a previous discussion somebody stated that it was more expensive for room only rate and passes compared to all inclusive.
Guess it would depend on time of year and how busy the park/hotel could be.
Why not try phone CS to comapre ?

Reid

Thought I would explore this as I'm sure others are interested in comparison.

Please note that there are lots of variables, but hope this helps as a rough indicator :) :)

Family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children, visiting in July have been used for the purposes of the calculation. Duration 3 nights, since that is the duration that AP holders can book each visit.

Sequoia Lodge Classic package - room, breakfast and passes £670

Room and breakfast AP price £406. Dream passes (which have no blackout days) €159 each, times 4 people with family discount equate to approx £350.
Total cost £756.

AP cost is therefore £86 dearer :earseek:

But what needs to be remembered is a number of other factors
- that for subsequent visit(s) only room rate applies.
- the room only rate is high season. Other times it is possible to get 25% off
- AP discount 10% on food and merchandise
- AP vouchers of 20% on food and merchandise to be used in first 3 months

Reid

Reid, may I ask what dates in July you used? That seems an excellent price if it's for the summer holidays.

Used arriving Sunday 3rd July, departing Wednesday 6th.

Mind you for these same days I can get Holiday Inn for €100/night, equates to £208 for the same period.

Reid

Hi Cyrano (or anyone else),

Can you tell me which 'Euro Disney' you purchased the shares in please.

I'm a tad confused as having looked on Comdirect and else where Euro Disney appears to be listed under various symbols.

EUD.L (Pounds)
EDLP.PA (Euro)

Thanks

Iain

Hi, Iain, when I bought mine I watched them on C4 Teletext for a bit (not always listed there), then bought them over the telephone from Nationwide. I just asked to buy shares in Euro Disney, the certificate I received says Euro Disney S.C.A. and the shares are 0.01 Euro each, not £ or pence like British share certificates, although when I bought them they were listed at 18 pence a share.

Sorry I haven't been that much help, hope someone else comes along and answers you better than me!::MickeyMo

Elaine

As Elaine says stock is Euro Disney SCA. The symbol for comdirect is PEDL.

Current price is around €0.23.

Elaine - have you received any information about the rights issue?

Reid

Thanks. It's all becoming clear!

What had confused me was that when I called Comdirect, they quoted me 0.14p - for a symbol EUD.L, which is listed as Euro Disney SCA, but some deposits account.

I'd also found the PEDL one, and then lots of others from various markets...got really confused then!.

Cyrano said:
Elaine - have you received any information about the rights issue?

Reid

Hi, Reid, no I haven't. The only info I've received since buying them was about the AGM in December.

Elaine

Reid, I received a large envelope this morning, obviously the rights issue. Haven't got time to look at it now,:confused3 it will have to wait until tonight!

Elaine

Iain Chapman said:
Thanks. It's all becoming clear!

What had confused me was that when I called Comdirect, they quoted me 0.14p - for a symbol EUD.L, which is listed as Euro Disney SCA, but some deposits account.

I'd also found the PEDL one, and then lots of others from various markets...got really confused then!.

The reason you'll find a number of different quotes is because the EuroDisney SCA (Disneyland Paris' holding company) shares are quoted on the Paris, London and Brussels stock exchanges and they all have different codes or symbols for them! I believe EUD.L is the London one, so you'll be fairly safe in buying those.

Just got my new share rights package today. I was wondering that as they are increasing the amount of shares in the company, will they increase the number of shares you need to hold in order to qualify for the 'free' membership of the Shareholders Club? If they are, then it might be worth buying them at this cheap price...

Received a communication from broker (comdirect) informing me that for every 5 shares, rights issue of 13 shares was available. Transaction has to be completed by 8 February. In my case 400 shares equals another 1040 through rights issue.
Worry is that possible shareholders club will now require different levels of shareholding?

Reid

Someone on another forum said they would up the requirement to 1,000 shares. Cant vouch how accurate that is however.

Yes, I saw that also.
Thought it best to take up the rights offer, just in case ;)

Reid

Hi Reid,

Not sure if you spotted this on the communication from Comdirect, their message I received via their messaging system said that instructions needed to be with them no later than 8am on 3rd of February 2005.

Regards

Iain

They've got that wrong. It's 3pm on the 8th February on the documentation that I got through the post (all 200 pages of it!)

Edit- unless it's because you're doing it through a broker and they need the info sooner, whereas I'm dealing direct...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter