Shape up before you sail!

jcuzzort1026

Mouseketeer
We sail in 8 weeks and I'm hoping to lose a few pounds of holiday weight before we go. I thought maybe some other people were in the same boat :-)rotfl: ) as I am. If so, maybe we could get a thread going to offer some support to each other.

Anyone interested? It doesn't matter that when you sail - just that you are trying to shape up a little before bathing suits and all that :)

We sail in 8 weeks and I'm hoping to lose a few pounds of holiday weight before we go. I thought maybe some other people were in the same boat :-)rotfl: ) as I am. If so, maybe we could get a thread going to offer some support to each other.

Anyone interested? It doesn't matter that when you sail - just that you are trying to shape up a little before bathing suits and all that :)

We sail in May. I started Weight Watchers the 1st weekend in Jan. I have abotu 20 to loose (ouch!!)

I wasn't really thinking about it until I pulled out the scrapbook from our last trip and saw a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a while :sad2: ! Of course that trip was three years and a baby ago but still... So I'm hoping to drop at least a size. I've started power walking with resistance bands and playing on the Wii Fit every day. I should do something like wieght watchers but I don't have babysitter to watch my kids so I can't do anything that has meetings. That's my problem with gyms too...

I figure that if I don't lose it before the cruise, I will have to lose more after.

Me! My goal in 2008 was to lose 40 pounds before our WDW vacation. I lost 25. I know that was progress, but not quite what i wanted.

I would like to lose more before our WDW vacation in 11/2009. But, my big desire is to lose weight for the cruise. Our cruise isn't until 12/2010 - and I'd like to slim down so I can buy a nice dress for formal night. Maybe have a romantic encounter with my DH. :lovestruc So I've got plenty of time - but have yet to really get motivated.

I'm leaving in four weeks and I'm definitely trying to lose at least 5 pounds. I took out my summer clothes that I plan on bringing and they were a little snug ;) I don't have much time left!

I wasn't really thinking about it until I pulled out the scrapbook from our last trip and saw a pair of jeans I haven't worn in a while :sad2: ! Of course that trip was three years and a baby ago but still... So I'm hoping to drop at least a size. I've started power walking with resistance bands and playing on the Wii Fit every day. I should do something like wieght watchers but I don't have babysitter to watch my kids so I can't do anything that has meetings. That's my problem with gyms too...

I started doing Wii Fit about 2 weeks ago.

How about that Hoola-Hoop. If that can't trim my waist nothing can:rotfl2:

Nope. I am trying to shape up a LOT before our cruise. Of course, I have about 11 months to accomplish it. I am hoping to lose another 45 lbs or so before our cruise.

The beginning to 2009 has been more difficult than I planned on.

Last summer I was at a point where I wanted to lose 20 pounds or so (had already lost 20). Then I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia Syndrome and Rhuematoid Arthritis, and put on medication that caused me to gain 25 pounds! So at the beginning of this month I started with Slim Fast, and using the Wii Fit. I can't do too much with my medical problems, but I try to get in at least 3-4 hours a week. I have lost about 6 pounds; the medicine is fighting me every step of the way! I could use some encouragement. I have almost 10 months, but I know it will be hard.

Be careful what you wish for! I tried on my clothes for the cruise and nothing fits! I've lost 20 pounds (would like to lose another 20)-but now have nothing to wear on the cruise! I'm crossing my fingers that store will have shorts out before we leave in 3 weeks!

Not to worry about getting it off even when you're on the medicine-I gained 30 pounds in a year before I was diagnosed with thyroid disease and rheumatoid arthritis. I now exercise at Curves 3-4 times a week (I skip the machines that hurt) and watch my diet carefully- it's coming off despite the medicine-so keep trying it really will come off!:cool1:

Last summer I was at a point where I wanted to lose 20 pounds or so (had already lost 20). Then I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia Syndrome and Rhuematoid Arthritis, and put on medication that caused me to gain 25 pounds! So at the beginning of this month I started with Slim Fast, and using the Wii Fit. I can't do too much with my medical problems, but I try to get in at least 3-4 hours a week. I have lost about 6 pounds; the medicine is fighting me every step of the way! I could use some encouragement. I have almost 10 months, but I know it will be hard.

I'm kind of in the same pickle. I have a bad thyroid and my medication just doesn't seem to counteract the effects of the thyroid. I am in hopes of losing 30 pounds before our trip in May. So I started a good diet and workout out plan especially for thyroid patients on January 1st and finally lost 7 pounds in 3 weeks. Then I had emergency surgery last week and am now laid up for 4 to 6 weeks and forbidden to exercise more than a walk around the house every so often. I have lost another 3 pounds since the surgery, due to a lack of appetite. But I am sure that will fade and I will really need some willpower to stick to my diet if I have any hope of losing the next 20 pounds. Maybe a thread dedicated to cruise weight loss will give me a bit more encouragement to stick with it.

Add me to the list of those who are trying to "lose before the cruise"! Actually, the DH and I are just trying to lose weight and get healthy in general, but knowing that I'll have to wear a bathing suit in September is definitely added incentive!
We've been working out at the gym at least 3 nights a week and trying to eat better. The eating is the hardest part for us. Finding good healthy meals that we like has really been a challenge for us, so if anyone has any ideas, please share!
I've thought about Weight Watchers, but it's a little expensive in my opinion, and I HATE counting points. The Wii Fit sounds fun though!
By the way, I think this thread was a great idea!

I am trying to too! :wave:

I am doing pilates - I have been for about 3 months now - and this is a great way for me to lose the inches in my middle! Its been great.

I also am dieting to lose about 40 pounds - whatever comes off is a bonus.

I'm glad this thread was started as well.

What motivates each of you? I'm wondering if the people who have been on a cruise could share a picture once in a while - maybe one every other day, or one a week - to remind us what we are working for. Doesn't have to be a bathing suit shot - could be a beach shot. . .to help us picture ourselves there. Or a shot of formal night - to remind us how lovely we want to look that night, etc.

Any other motivation suggestions?

I also see where some of you have tickers showing you have had some success. What has worked best for you? Any tips that work you'd like to share? I just started a new job - and one downfall is there is food EVERYWHERE. And they are constantly going out to lunch. I try to beg off, but don't get away with it - so I am eating a lot of salads. I am thinking of countering with days I go out to lunch with slim fast for dinner.

I started doing Wii Fit about 2 weeks ago.

How about that Hoola-Hoop. If that can't trim my waist nothing can:rotfl2:

I started Wii Fit about 2 weeks ago too! However, got sick about a week and haven't really done much. And yes, that Hula Hoop can really work you! The advanced Hula, were you have to go right, then left, OMG, that's tough but I like it so I don't feel like I'm working out.

Anyway, I've been gaining/losing those last 15 pounds after pregnancy for the last 3 years! Now that we are planning our 7 nt cruise for Dec 5, I definitely have motivation now. I've got to get back to Curves and the Wii Fit.

What a great thread!!!

Last cruise, I found a really great designer dress for formal night, SUPER CHEAP! It was nearly one size too small, so that was my goal...lose enough weight to fit into THE DRESS. I did it and it looked terrific!

This time around, I can't seem to get as motivated. I love Pilates & the Wii Fit hula hoop, too. I just don't do it as much as I need to....:sad2:

I wanted to get in shape for my cruise so I bought those P90X videos and I was doing them faithfully for 3 weeks. I lost size and noticed my stamina was a lot better!
Then I found out I was pregnant!
So no more P90X for me until after the baby is born. I still try to walk and do little exercises here and there, but all I really wanna do is eat.

vanessa3198 - Congrats on the baby!!!!

When I was pregnant with both of my boys, I felt really sick unless I had something in my stomach at all times!!! I found that fruit, raw veggies, trail mix, granola bars, and whole grain crackers helped a bunch - and I felt a little less guilty about eating all the time! ;)

vanessa3198 - Congrats on the baby!!!!

When I was pregnant with both of my boys, I felt really sick unless I had something in my stomach at all times!!! I found that fruit, raw veggies, trail mix, granola bars, and whole grain crackers helped a bunch - and I felt a little less guilty about eating all the time! ;)

Thank you!!
I'm extremely excited about it, when i'm not tired of course!! Still in my first trimester and if I could, I think I could sleep through the whole thing.
I've pretty much been living on fruits and veggies and saltine crackers! Gotta try the trail mix and granola bars though. I could easily carry that around in my purse!
Thanks for the tip!!
I don't want to gain any more weight than completely necessary, ya know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter