Shannon & Craig's Scottish/Canadian Wedding ~ May 5/08 ~ WPBeach/ADH ~ We're Married!

Hi All,

Found a seamstress to do my dress...in a roundabout way...my sister called her bf's aunt who had a bridemaids dress made by a lady named Judy. We called Judy...unfortunately, she was leaving on vacation today. So Judy recommended a lady from her church named Rose. So we called Rose and treked off to see her today to see if she could help. She took a look at it and can help. She is going to shorten it as much as possible, and we're getting a bigger hoop...think 4 hoops!! We're shortening it to my running shoes so when I add the hoop and my heels it should be an inch or so too short, which is great for the beach and also okay for the reception. Fingers crossed...should be able to pick it up on Saturday or Friday night. We think we have a solution to my tiara issue. If I can find a metal comb, my jewellery store is going to sauter it to the tiara to help hold it. Oh, did I mention I can't find my ceremony shoes?????? Lost. Hmmmm... Going to get my cake knife set engraved tonight...along with a charm I have for my garter. Picking up my new earrings too. The cake topper I ordered came in today and Rev. Miller emailed me a copy of the ceremony. I still need to make the table name cards and the stickers that I am putting on Mickey Head Rice Krispies to use as place cards. Not sure where to begin to make those. Things are slowly falling into place, but I still feel like there is something I'm missing. Anyways, going to take a power nap then off to the mall!

Wedding Twin - I will mention this to Ken as well! I hope we do run into each other...and that your dress is still on when we do! :thumbsup2

Called Carolyn Allen's today and they are going to do the French Bustle for me on my dress!!! I have an appt. next Thursday at noon to get it fixed then they are going to keep it, steam it and drop it off to me on Sunday while I'm having my hair trial. Whoo hoo!

Here's the funny story of the day...

We had our rings custom made and they were supposed to be ready last Sunday (20th). I thought Sunday was weird, but okay. They were closed. On Monday, they called and told us Thursday. So my mom and Craig trekked across town to pick them up today. When they got there, the guy went into the back...was gone for quite a few minutes...when he came back he said the jeweller needed more time. Craig said like two hours and he said, like Saturday at 5pm. Ugh. Not really surprised. I had spoken with them when they were on the way to the store. Two hours later they still hadn't called me to tell me how great they were so I knew something was up. I called and said so when will they be ready?? Apparently my mom and Craig were playing Rock Paper Scissors to see who was going to call me to break the news!!! :rotfl:

Got my hair done today...another checkmark on the list!

Wow, you poor thing. Not exactly been smooth-running has it?! I'm sure it will all work out for you and you will forget about the hassle.

Keep us posted sweetie x

Suitcase is packed and all the wedding stuff and THE dress are on their way to Florida with my parents, sister and Craig. Huge load off my mind. Had a huge panic attack yesterday, but feeling super positive today and ready to go! Printed the table cards and place cards this morning. Just going through and making sure I have nothing outstanding with my planners and vendors. Getting all my paperwork in order and I'm off in two days! I will post a lot of pics of things when I get back so you can all see...and I have more time!!!

So glad everything is coming together for you Shannon. Have a wonderful time and try to relax and enjoy your day as much as possible (you too Nikki the Wedding Twin;) ). Can't wait to hear all about it when you come home (not that I'm wishing your time away you understand).

Good luck and :goodvibes

Just saw your sneek peek on stans website and it looked fantastic, hope you had a lovely day

Just saw your sneak peek on stans website and it looked fantastic, hope you had a lovely day

I saw it too. :goodvibes

I was just browsing on the other events since I went there to see Lynn570's video and when I saw kilts and beach wedding I immediately thought that it must be you! :rotfl:

It looked like a very nice wedding. Congratulations! :upsidedow

I saw it too!!!!
your wedding ceremony looked beautiful!!!
loved how you had the flags in the sand and your dad with the mickey hands..hilarious!!!! congratulations

Thank you everyone!! I am just getting all the pics organized and hopefully I'll have sometime to get some up this weekend. It was a magical day!

omg so I was just looking at some pics my friend Chrissi posted on facebook and as I was clicking through I realized I was looking at YOUR WEDDING! lol It looked beautiful! I loooved the mad hatter cake!

omg so I was just looking at some pics my friend Chrissi posted on facebook and as I was clicking through I realized I was looking at YOUR WEDDING! lol It looked beautiful! I loooved the mad hatter cake!

Ha! That's funny. She came with our friend Nick, which was great as she worked there when we did too!

Sorry for slacking on getting the pics up. I have the whole day off tomorrow and will get a lot of stuff up then!!

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about the wedding :)Congrats!!!

Since I just found your pj/tr, I missed your earlier posts with photos. Can't wait to see your photos!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter