~~~~~ Sew, the heat is… ON! ~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~ Update x4 6/30!!!!!!!!

Day 3, Part 2

The girls and I napped until 3pm...

We grabbed an afternoon pick-me-up at Java Cafe... And I grabbed a pic of the beer menu for Josh

20190601_170715_HDR.jpg

We were on a bus to AK at 5:15

We met Cindy in the Nomad Lounge and then we headed back to Pandora for dinner at Satu'li Canteen... We all ordered the exact same thing we ordered the other night... I had the beef noodle bowl with the green onion sauce and we all had the pods again. Let me just say - there was a HUGE sticker shock at the price of this meal - adding the pods for the 3 of us, added an additional $25 to the cost of the meal... So, a CS meal, for the 3 of us - with just waters to drink was $70! :eek: It was good, don't get me wrong - and we are on vacation... but yikes!!! Glad we were pixie dusted the pods the other night, because this meal could have wrecked our budget. LOL

And no pics of the meal - sorry. :)

We all had FPs for FoP, but Cindy and I had decided much earlier that we weren't going to ride. I am afraid of heights - and even though I practiced great restraint not looking around me on the last trip - I wasn't sure I could do it again. So, this meant, we gave the girls our Magic Bands, and they got to ride FoP twice! :woohoo:

IMG_1298.jpg

And Cindy and I sat in the wonderful air conditioning at Satu'li Canteen and visited for a good hour.

Again - no pics - sorry... I guarantee you though - the conversation was entertaining. :lmao: It was fun to catch up with our good friend! :lovestruc

After the girls were finished riding... it was just getting dark in Pandora... and so beautiful!!!

Pandora is definitely 1000% worth seeing in the dark - even if you don't ride any rides. Just gorgeous!

20190601_203114_HDR.jpg

20190601_203150_HDR.jpg

20190601_203136_HDR.jpg

20190601_202451.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

It was the perfect temp tonight - there was a nice breeze and it was very comfortable.

Our only goal for this night was to ride FoP - so that's all we did.

After walking around for a bit - we decided to exit the park... Stopping for a few pics on our way out. (don't mind the guy in the background with the bright green shirt sticking out of my head... :rolleyes2

443231417.jpeg

And our only PP photo with Cindy. :lovestruc

443234436.jpeg

We decided to go to the Poly and try to get into Trader Sam's... but of course the waiting list was like 3 hours long - or something crazy like that. So, we opted to get a table outside. Allison ordered her first "official" Disney drink...

Shrunken Zombie Head, Gosling's 15! Black Seal Rum, Appleton Estate Reserve Rum, Bacardi 8 yr Rum, tropical juices, Falernum, and cinnamon. Served in a souvenir Shrunken Head for $25; without mug for $12. It was definitely potent... And if memory serves me correctly - she didn't like it much. In all honesty - my girls don't like the taste of alcohol at all. ::yes::

Cindy and I shared an Uh-Oa! Myers's Original Dark Ru, Bacardi Superior Rum, orange, passion fruit, guava, pineapple, and grapefruit juices, Falernum, Cinnamon, and fresh lime juice. Recommended for two or more guests. Served in a souvenir Tiki Bowl for $40; without bowl for $20.5 - this was pretty cool, because it was served with a little "performance" from our bartender - he lit it on fire! :eek:

V had a Kiddie Cocktail. :D

It was very nice sitting there - while we were visiting, the fireworks started to go off at MK - and the atmosphere was just nice.

I have no pics of any of this - I didn't think to take any... There is a small video clip of it in Allison's video though. :) (there is a small chance that one of the girls or Cindy has pics from this night, if I get some - I will add them to this post later) :)

Cindy dropped us off at SoG at 10:30 and we were in bed at 11.

Link to Day 4, Part 1 (my birthday!!!)

D~​

Last edited:
Sunday, June 2, 2019

Day 4, Part 1

It's my birthday!!! :woohoo:

I was up at 6:30am... Again, I didn't note when the girls got up. :scratchin Usually, I remember Allison getting up right after I got out of the shower - and V was usually dragged out of bed by the promise of coffee about 20 minutes before we had to be out the door. ::yes::

We were out the door at 8am.

We grabbed coffee at the Java Cafe. :lovestruc

I was so excited for today - we had so much planned, and I was looking forward to every bit of it!

Shady Shuttle ----> Poly ----> Monorail ----> Contemporary Resort (I am sure you already know what's planned... ::yes:: )

We shopped for a little bit, but we didn't buy anything.

Cindy met us at the wave at 9:30am... Woohoo!!! My favorite breakfast, with my favorite people in all the World!!!!

IMG_1305.jpg

I was so excited to wear this outfit today... It's a Lilly Pulitzer Donna Romper in the Playa Hermosa print... I got it for an absolute BARGAIN! And I am now obsessed with rompers, but this is still the only one in my closet. It was so comfy and I love that it looked like a dress, but it's actually shorts. ::yes::

We had to wait a few minutes for our table to be ready...

Screenshot_2019-06-02-09-29-53.png

Our server brought us 2 glasses of champagne to toast my birthday... Allison did the toast with me - seeing as it was just her 21st birthday. :lovestruc

My plate of wonderful goodness.... Grits... Sweet Potato pancakes with Walnut Honey Butter... Eggs Benedict... I know there was waffles with warm syrup too... It is all so marvelous here!

20190602_094359.jpg

With full-bellies, we went out to the Marina and Cindy took a few pictures of us at our favorite photo spot...

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1326.jpg

And then we hopped in Cindy's car and headed towards Disney Springs!

I was MOST excited about this portion of our day - well, I was most excited about the entire day, but this was definitely something I had been looking forward to for a while... This might get long...

So, as most of you know - I am new to wearing the Lilly Pulitzer brand... I rediscovered it when I was shopping for a few fun and new things to wear in Aruba last January. I first found out about the brand when they did the Lilly for Target release a few years ago (2015? maybe?) - when I'd purchased a couple shifts there (and have worn them several times since - so flattering and comfy)... Anyways, I really wanted - in the worst way - to be able to wear this clothing line, and look good wearing it. So, I made a "self-imposed rule" that I couldn't buy anything until I'd hit my goal size... Try as I might... I have yet to hit my goal size - so frustrating!!! Finally - after 4 more years of trying, I released myself from my stupid rule and decided to buy a few items for Aruba... And then when I got home from Aruba, I purchased a few more things for Disney... All of it used or second hand. We don't have any Lilly Pulitzer stores in MN, so this trip to Disney Springs would be my first opportunity EVER to get to try on and purchase something brand new from the store - and I had saved up plenty of souvenir $$ for just this purpose on Disney GCs. ::yes::

We go into the store... I find a PILE of stuff to try on... Try it all on, one by one... Skirts, dresses, skorts, tops... You name it, I tried it on.

And nothing looked right. Not. A. Thing. All of it looked terrible on me... Or not good enough to justify paying full price. My heart was so broken!

I literally work out every single day... I do cardio, I lift heavy, I try to make good food choices... And right there, in that moment, on my birthday (no less) - I was going to have a mini-breakdown right in that dressing room. :(

I took one try-on photo, of the one item that I really wanted to buy - but never bought - that looked half way decent on me. It was a romper, of course.

20190602_112849.jpg

And that's it... We left the store, with me nearly in tears, and no bags in my hand...

We did a bit of other shopping in Disney Springs... We went into the Vera Bradley store and World Of Disney, where we found a couple of items.

We stopped at Starbucks for some giant waters and sat at a table in the shade for a bit - while we decided what the rest of our game plan for the day would be.

We hit one more store with Cindy - where the girls bought just a couple of small things

I was cheering up as time went on... but I am sure that everyone who was with me during this time was feeling my inner-sadness. It was something I really, truly had to pull myself out of - and it took me a good amount of time to do so. I felt badly - after all, it was my birthday, and the people spending this day with me just wanted me to have a great day! I know that with all my heart, and I am so grateful for everyone! :lovestruc I know I have talked here (a lot) about how much I struggle with how I see myself... My self-perception is something very difficult in my life & something I struggle to overcome on a daily basis. It is what it is... We all have our demons, right?

After our last store, Cindy dropped us off at Fort Wilderness... We said our good-byes for the day, she wished me a Happy Birthday... And off we went to navigate the crazy internal bus system of FW. :lmao:

Link to Day 4, Part 2

D~​

Last edited:
Just spent my morning reading all your updates! Other than suffering with the heat, it sounds like all 3 of you were just loving being there. You are getting a lot done but it seems really relaxed which is nice. I would say your mid day breaks probably saved the day. You got so many great PP pictures! You all look great and so happy. I was sad for your LP experience. I've fought my weight since about 5th grade so I get the self-perception struggle. I sometimes look back at vacation pictures and remember that at the time, I felt that I looked fat, etc. But when I look at them now, I think hey I actually looked good! The romper you posted looked great on you! Very flattering. Hoping you went back to buy it......

Great updates!

You’re coordinated outfits are so fun! I love them all!

We always love the safari first thing in the morning, too. That’s when we think the animals are most active. One time we did ride it midday, but it was raining, and the animals were really active then, too. I’d like to ride it sometime in the evening. Have you ever done that?

You are right, Pandora at night is awesome. We made a point to visit Pandora at night last trip and we totally loved it. It’s a must from now on.

I’m sorry for your disappointment in the Lily Pulitzer store. I’ve been in that same situation before and it’s so hard and discouraging, and frankly sad, especially when you’ve been looking forward to it. I’m glad your family and friends were able to cheer up you.

Hi! Ive always been a lurker, and rarely comment on peoples post. but just want to say i love reading your trip reports, they really help me get through my disney blues. I totally feel your pain about the lily pultizer store, I've been a life long lily wearer and can attest that some of the clothes just don't fit well,I've found that you once you find a style that fits, you just have to stick to it and just get it in different patterns, the sizing can be totally inconsistent from style to style too. so don't feel bad! we all have those shopping days!

You look adorable in both rompers! How awesome that they are rompers, they look like dresses but I would think the romper would be much more comfortable. I'm sorry the Lily store was such a disappointment. I think we've all had occasions where we have been so excited for an experience and then to have it be such a let down.

Is isn't interesting how we see ourselves compared to how everyone else does? I hate shopping for clothes for myself. My internal brain thinks "oh that's plenty big enough" when I pick something out to try on only to get into the dressing room and not be able to get it over my thighs. Makes shopping depressing and makes it super hard to motivate yourself. You've come a long way and you seem happier than you used to be. Good for you for not letting your Lily experience ruin your day.

I wasn't sure I could do it again. So, this meant, we gave the girls our Magic Bands, and they got to ride FoP twice! :woohoo:
That was nice to give the girls two rides. I bet they love it. I can't do FoP. I gave it three tries but I just get too sick on it.
It's my birthday!!! :woohoo:
June is a nice month for a birthday. Our daughter's birthday is June 3rd.
I was so excited to wear this outfit today... It's a Lilly Pulitzer Donna Romper in the Playa Hermosa print... I got it for an absolute BARGAIN! And I am now obsessed with rompers, but this is still the only one in my closet. It was so comfy and I love that it looked like a dress, but it's actually shorts. ::yes::
I live your outfit. I would not have known it was a romper if you had mentioned it. You look great in it.
And that's it... We left the store, with me nearly in tears, and no bags in my hand...
What a disappointment! I can see why you would be looking forward to finally getting to try these clothes on in person.

ETA: I just looked up Lily Pulitzer online. We have a store in our nearby shopping center. They are adorable but pricey.

Last edited:

Not sure where you live in Minnesota, BUT I have seen two Marshalls carrying Lily. The one in St, Louis Park had the most merchandise. Maple Grove had home goods and MOA had zero.

I think you need to go online and buy the romper/dress you looked so good in. Doooooooo it. I've never really thought about Lilly P stuff before but I have seriously loved all the shorts in the pics so far.

Fort Wilderness is our fav so I'm excited to read the next installment. Great job so far!

Friday, May 31, 2019

Day 2, Part 1

I was up at 5am this morning, with my coffee... As the trip progressed, I made coffee less and less in the room and got coffee from Java Cafe instead... The room coffee was terrible this trip - the coffee pot barely worked - and even though it was the same brand of coffee they have always had, it wasn't very good... :scratchin

So, after Allison got up - we went and grabbed Caramel Macchiatos from JC.

For some reason - I didn't note what time the girls were up... A little out of practice in my journaling I guess? LOL

I was super excited to be wearing my Splash Mountain set on this day! And V was wearing her "Snacks" outfit - which was SUPER CUTE too!

We were on the Shady Shuttle to the Poly at 7am ----> Monorail ----> MK

20190531_072044_1.jpg

20190531_072611_HDR.jpg

It was an absolutely perfect sunny summer day at MK!

20190531_073356_HDR_1.jpg

20190531_074010_HDR_1.jpg

The park opened at 8am for EMH - and we were towards the front of the pack, but lost that advantage when we stopped for pics - as we always do.

441812322_858737425_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

441798362_858709609_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

441805468_858725175_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

We did not have a game plan for this morning... We just wanted to get here early and ride a few rides before it got busy. Most people were headed towards 7DMT, so as we were standing in the crowd, we decided to go for Peter Pan. ::yes::

20190531_080112_HDR.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

20190531_080146_HDR.jpg

Screenshot_2019-05-31-16-21-25.png

We were among the first people on the ride for the day...

20190531_080248_HDR_1.jpg

20190531_080316_HDR.jpg

And this is the first time EVER that we have actually walked the queue... Sooooo freaking cute!!!!! Almost better than the ride itself!

20190531_080436_1.jpg

20190531_080501_HDR_1.jpg

20190531_080521_1.jpg

The ride itself is very cute! I do believe that this was V's first time riding this ride since she was a little girl... Having actually been to London herself - she loved "seeing it from the air"...

20190531_080558_1.jpg

20190531_080710.jpg

20190531_080800_HDR.jpg

20190531_080830.jpg

After PP, we were kinda just looking for something to do... V decided she wanted to meet some princesses... There was really not a line for the first 2, but a decent line when we came back through for the 2nd 2.

20190531_081742_HDR.jpg

441804133.jpeg

441804512.jpeg

441807487.jpeg

441807835.jpeg

ETA - I missed a ride, LOL... After the princesses, we went to ride VOTLM - usually this one is walk on at any time of the day - but we had time before the park opened, so we wanted to squeeze in one more ride.

20190531_084237.jpg

20190531_084330_HDR.jpg

20190531_084354_HDR.jpg

20190531_084522_HDR.jpg

20190531_084623_HDR.jpg

20190531_084659_HDR.jpg

Once we were done here, it was almost time for the park to open officially to other guests... We headed over towards the massive crowds gathering at the entrance to Liberty Square... It was quite honestly a mess - and not something we were expecting at all. Why they only open portions of MK during EMH is beyond me - because it creates this huge mass chaos when the park actually opens.

We made our way to BTMRR - losing V (as we always do) - she has this uncanny ability to make her way in a crowd, as Allison and I straggle along behind. We can usually keep her within sight - but not always. This time, we lost her completely, but once we came out of the bottleneck area - she actually wasn't too far off from us. ::yes::

We met up with her and got in the insane line - which surprisingly - for as far back as we felt, we were actually at the front of the pack. :eek: We actually almost walked on.

After - we decided we wanted breakfast and we all were looking forward to the nutella waffle at Sleepy Hallow... I guess - everyone else had the exact same idea???? It was totally NUTS over there - maybe it wouldn't have been too bad under normal circumstances... but with the refurb of that walkway and the mote - there were refurb walls up everywhere, and no where to sit. It was total chaos - like - I just cannot even explain how bad it was. I don't think someone thought this area out well at all.

Anyways - waffles in hand, we went to seek out *somewhere* to sit... We ended up sitting on a bench across the bridge - it worked out OK, but definitely NOT ideal. However - the waffles were excellent and hit the spot - I'd say they were worth the trouble. ::yes::

20190531_095847.jpg

At this point - we decided we were done for the day. LOL It was like, 10am, maybe? But it was hot and we sure felt like we got a lot accomplished in a short amount of time.

We shopped our way out of the park... Stopping for a few pics along the way.

441884523_858828117_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

Monorail ----> Poly

Then we shopped a bit at the Poly... Decided we wanted to try the Te Fiti cone... FYI - they DO tell you that the flower is "edible" - I tried a little nibble, and decided it wasn't edible enough for me. Allison chucked the whole flower in her mouth, chewed, said it was "tasty", chewed a bit longer and spit it out - said it was the nastiest thing ever. Soooo... It may be "edible" - but it's really not. LOL

20190531_110946.jpg

We walked the path back to SoG... Which - not sure if any of you know this... The entire SoG property is 1000% ID check... If you don't carry a valid military ID, or if you aren't a guest staying with SoG - there is NO WAY you will get on to the grounds... The entire property is gated. This also includes the buses... Not only must you show ID and a valid room key to board the bus, but the buses also stop at the guard shack on the way into the resort and the guard boards the bus and checks all Military IDs and room keys... This was new to us this trip.

We decided, once back to our room, we wanted to swim... So, we threw on our suits and headed to the pool - which was a much longer walk this trip. I don't normally swim, because I don't like having to shower and get ready twice in one day... but I was hot enough this time, I did get into the pool. It was SO NICE!!! And it felt so good! However, I did try to avoid getting my hair wet, as I had JUST had it done and didn't want the chlorine to turn it an awful color. LOL

After our swim, we laid down for our traditional "Disney Nap"... Rarely a day goes by in WDW that we don't take an afternoon nap. ::yes::

Link to Day 2, Part 2

D~​
There is nothing better than the afternoon Disney nap!

Sounds like a good travel day. It’s nice that you have a small airport close to your home. I do, too, but only Allegiant and Frontier fly direct to Orlando from it and I’ve had bad experiences with both. That leaves us to drive to either Baltimore or Philly, both about 90 minutes away.

Your room looks lovely.
You must live fairly close to me - I am in southern York County. We always fly out of Baltimore, its about an hour away and I really don't want to have to drive to Harrisburg.

D you looked great in the romper!

You must live fairly close to me - I am in southern York County. We always fly out of Baltimore, its about an hour away and I really don't want to have to drive to Harrisburg.

Yes! We live in Palmyra (Lebanon County), about two miles east of Hershey. We usually fly out of Baltimore, too (I prefer it over Philadelphia). Harrisburg is only about a twenty minute drive for us, but I just don’t trust Allegiant or Frontier and I can’t get any other cheap flights (like Southwest from BWI).

Just spent my morning reading all your updates! Other than suffering with the heat, it sounds like all 3 of you were just loving being there. You are getting a lot done but it seems really relaxed which is nice. I would say your mid day breaks probably saved the day. You got so many great PP pictures! You all look great and so happy. I was sad for your LP experience. I've fought my weight since about 5th grade so I get the self-perception struggle. I sometimes look back at vacation pictures and remember that at the time, I felt that I looked fat, etc. But when I look at them now, I think hey I actually looked good! The romper you posted looked great on you! Very flattering. Hoping you went back to buy it......

Yes - it was a fantastic trip - other than the heat. Typically, we go for about 10 days, but this trip was only 6... It was a good length. Of course, we wanted to stay longer, but it was nice to leave and still want more, rather than being sick of it. LOL

It's so hard sometimes... It's like, at least for me, my brain thinks I look one way - and then I see pics and reality strikes... Not only that - but I am getting older... At what point is my brain going to shift from "needing a 20 year old body" to a bit more of a realistic expectation? LOL It's just hard, and it's something I struggle with daily... And the fact that, despite my best efforts over the last 7 years, I can't get much smaller than what I am... At some point, I need to be OK with that. ::yes::

Thank you for always cheering me on and relating to me - it means a lot! :hug:

Great updates!

You’re coordinated outfits are so fun! I love them all!

We always love the safari first thing in the morning, too. That’s when we think the animals are most active. One time we did ride it midday, but it was raining, and the animals were really active then, too. I’d like to ride it sometime in the evening. Have you ever done that?

You are right, Pandora at night is awesome. We made a point to visit Pandora at night last trip and we totally loved it. It’s a must from now on.

I’m sorry for your disappointment in the Lily Pulitzer store. I’ve been in that same situation before and it’s so hard and discouraging, and frankly sad, especially when you’ve been looking forward to it. I’m glad your family and friends were able to cheer up you.

Thanks!!! I love planning all of my Disney outfits. I'd love it if the girls would coordinate with me - ahhh, but they have their own ideas of style - and it's nothing like their mother's. LOL

The Safari is the best in the morning - IMO... I love seeing the animals when they are just getting up. I've never gone in the evening either - and never thought to, until now. We may have to try that next time? :)

It's incredible... I wish we would have stayed until it was totally dark. Next time...

Thank you. <3 It was tough - probably much tougher than what I wrote... but I was able to pull myself out of it eventually and have a great birthday! :lovestruc

Hi! Ive always been a lurker, and rarely comment on peoples post. but just want to say i love reading your trip reports, they really help me get through my disney blues. I totally feel your pain about the lily pultizer store, I've been a life long lily wearer and can attest that some of the clothes just don't fit well,I've found that you once you find a style that fits, you just have to stick to it and just get it in different patterns, the sizing can be totally inconsistent from style to style too. so don't feel bad! we all have those shopping days!

Welcome! Thank you! :lovestruc

Yah - I just figured there would be so much more... I had very high hopes that I'd find so much that I loved - after all - there was so much that I did love, just not on me. LOL Thanks for saying that though... it's true no matter what brand or store a person is shopping in - there are styles that work and those that don't. :) Trust me - I've found a few items, since then - that I do love and love on me... So, all is not lost. Sadly, my LP wardrobe continues to grow. LOL And it's fun... I don't know what I am going to wear come winter - it will be so depressing! LOL

You look adorable in both rompers! How awesome that they are rompers, they look like dresses but I would think the romper would be much more comfortable. I'm sorry the Lily store was such a disappointment. I think we've all had occasions where we have been so excited for an experience and then to have it be such a let down.

Is isn't interesting how we see ourselves compared to how everyone else does? I hate shopping for clothes for myself. My internal brain thinks "oh that's plenty big enough" when I pick something out to try on only to get into the dressing room and not be able to get it over my thighs. Makes shopping depressing and makes it super hard to motivate yourself. You've come a long way and you seem happier than you used to be. Good for you for not letting your Lily experience ruin your day.

Thank you - yes, I loved the romper a lot... I just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it. At least I know what size I need in it, so if it ever comes up for sale on the secondary market (which it likely will) - I can snatch it up for a better price. ::yes::

Yes - it is... It's such a struggle. I am definitely much happier and much more confident than I used to be... but sometimes - it's things like I wrote about above, that come at me out of nowhere, sucker punch me, and bring me right back to where I once was... This journey has been much more of an emotional one than I ever thought it would be... And it's also been much longer than I thought it would be... When I started on my lifestyle change 7 years ago... I thought "6 months to a year" and I'd be at my goal size - and I could be "done"... But there still is no goal size met and no "done" to be seen anywhere in my future... These days, I struggle almost harder with "at what point do I need to stop trying so hard, and be happy where I am"... Yet I can't. I am not sure I'll ever find that place of inner peace with and within myself? Sorry - I am just rambling now. Thank you for your kind words, it means a lot! :hug:

That was nice to give the girls two rides. I bet they love it. I can do FoP. I gave it three tries but I just get too sick on it.

June is a nice month for a birthday. Our daughter's birthday is June 3rd.
I live your outfit. I would not have known it was a romper if you had mentioned it. You look great in it.
What a disappointment! I can see why you would be looking forward to finally getting to try these clothes on in person.

ETA: I just looked up Lily Pulitzer online. We have a store in our nearby shopping center. They are adorable but pricey.

Yes - I am glad it worked out that way. :) They had fun and Cindy and I had fun, so it was a win/win. :)

I've always loved my birthday - you are right, it is the perfect time! :lovestruc

Thank you - I do love that romper so much! I do need "assistance" with the zipper when using the restroom - but other than that, it's a fantastic outfit.

Oh yes - Lilly is pricey! Which is why I just couldn't "buy something' for the sake of buying it... I had to LOVE it. And there was nothing I loved enough to pay full price. :) I've since found a local store that does sell some Lilly - it's a bit of a hike for us (but isn't everything?), it's not a huge selection - but enough that I can try on most styles and see what fits. I've had much better experiences since the above experience happened. :)

Not sure where you live in Minnesota, BUT I have seen two Marshalls carrying Lily. The one in St, Louis Park had the most merchandise. Maple Grove had home goods and MOA had zero.

Thanks! I do make it up that direction once in a great while... But I live closer to the south Metro. ;) I have been lucky to find a few Home items at Home Goods down here too... I always know those will fit! :lmao: I did find a dress once in one of the TJMaxx stores - it was a size 0 - of course, but it was still fun to see - there's hope that they could carry larger sizes... :)

I think you need to go online and buy the romper/dress you looked so good in. Doooooooo it. I've never really thought about Lilly P stuff before but I have seriously loved all the shorts in the pics so far.

Fort Wilderness is our fav so I'm excited to read the next installment. Great job so far!

LOL - thank you! :lovestruc I did take a pic of the tag, so I will buy it one day... Just not at full price. :) One day, it will come up on the secondary market - someone will have worn it once and then get sick of it - that is when I will swoop in and add it to my collection at a way better price. ::yes:: At least, that is how I am consoling myself at the moment. LOL

I love many of their shorts - it's sad that even within the same styles of the same brand, the sizes are so inconsistent... I have a great range of sizes, and they are all the same short in different prints. :scratchin Makes life interesting, I guess.

Hahahaha... This was our first trip to FW... We were shocked at how large it was! ::yes::

There is nothing better than the afternoon Disney nap!

Right? LOL - we LOVE our Disney naps! It's rare that we go without one!

Thanks Tess! :lovestruc

Yes! We live in Palmyra (Lebanon County), about two miles east of Hershey. We usually fly out of Baltimore, too (I prefer it over Philadelphia). Harrisburg is only about a twenty minute drive for us, but I just don’t trust Allegiant or Frontier and I can’t get any other cheap flights (like Southwest from BWI).

Cool - it's always fun to find local friends on The Dis! :lovestruc

******************************************************************************************************************

I hope you all had a nice weekend? I was happy to get so many updates done on my TR! I am not sure when I will get my next one up though? I do have a very hectic work week this week, and a busy weekend coming up, so it might be a while?

Victoria and I went to see Toy Story 4 on Thursday night... I am glad we went, but the movie itself (IMO) wasn't up to par with the other TS movies... We left feeling a bit disappointed. A good movie, yes? At matinee prices though, not opening night prices. ::yes:: I did bust out my Toy Story UPB for the occasion - I don't normally carry my bags at home, so this was a big deal. LOL (Wow, my mirror is dirty... Sorry)

20190620_114622.jpg

Josh and I had a nice weekend hanging out - this was our first weekend together since before the girls and I went to WDW... The girls and I were gone for a week, then we came home and Josh left to go on his annual fishing trip with his dad for 11 days... So, this was our first opportunity to really "catch up" since the end of May. ::yes:: So, on Saturday night, he made me my favorite drink from Aruba - the "Snowflake" - I couldn't tell you everything that's in it, but he's managed to perfect the recipe over the last months. Despite the rainy and chilly weather here in MN this weekend - the drink was very good!

20190622_171116.jpg

Meanwhile... Victoria and Carter had a wedding to go to this weekend... So, I stole a few pics off of her Snapchat. They were so cute! Carter is not a "dress up" type of guy... But V is definitely a princess - so she loved it! LOL

Screenshot_2019-06-22-12-31-53.png

Screenshot_2019-06-22-17-13-46.png

And finally - I am actually super excited about this. Josh and I had to run some errands on Saturday morning - one of them was stopping at our Eye Dr. to have his lenses swapped out in his sunglasses. While we were there, I was chatting with our Eye Dr - He is super funny - and telling him how my collection of glasses is getting out of hand, he seemed impressed - so I showed him how I have them displayed in my closet... Which I just had them lined up on a shelf, so whatever I am in the mood for, is what I put on for the day. And he said - "wait right here"... He came out with an extra display that they were just going to toss... So, now I have a really awesome display for my glasses in my closet! However, a little disappointed - it looks like I am capped at 4 pairs! :lmao:

20190622_151221.jpg

20190622_150255.jpg

(Trust me, I have no jewelry that's worth anything... LOL)

I hope you enjoyed my little weekend update.. Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Fabulous updates!
Loving all the outfits and how they fit your theme for the day :)
Food looks amazing too though I almost choked when I saw it cost $70 for a qs at satuli canteen! :scared1:I’m glad it was very tasty :)
Have to admit I know that feeling you had trying to shop at Lily P and I was sad for you :(
Glad you had your girls and Cindy to cheer you up! You look gorgeous in all your outfits but I especially love that romper which I totally thought was a dress :rotfl2: :love:

Last edited:
Loving your trip report so far! I'm not going to tell you that you beat yourself up too much over the way you look, you know it! I feel like I'm the opposite. I KNOW I need to lose weight and get in better shape but lately I don't seem to realize I am actually bigger than I think I am and it shows when I see pics :-( So depressing. Sometimes you are just not feeling the outfits and can't justify spending the money just for the sake of getting something. Glad you have found stuff since then.
Can't wait to see what the rest of your birthday has in store :-)

Glad you had a good weekend! Although busy times are fun, sometimes it's nice when things go back to "normal". For a while anyway. I was glad to read that you've since found some LP things that work for you! I hate when sizing is so inconsistent - it can either be a real upper or a real downer :confused3 How nice men's clothes don't work this way - a size 38 pant is a 38! We had a little weekend get away to St. Louis. Went to 2 baseball games (Cardinals) and stayed 1 night downtown. Was able to spend some time with my sis and brother-in-law before heading home. It was nice. Hope you have a great week - will be watching for updates!

I am late to the party as usual.

Love your ears in this report...did you make them?

You so should have bought that romper! It looks fabulous on you!

V looks just like you in that first photo from this weekend!

Can't wait to read more...

Lynn

Fabulous updates!
Loving all the outfits and how they fit your theme for the day :)
Food looks amazing too though I almost choked when I saw it cost $70 for a qs at satuli canteen! :scared1:I’m glad it was very tasty :)
Have to admit I know that feeling you had trying to shop at Lily P and I was sad for you :(
Glad you had your girls and Cindy to cheer you up! You look gorgeous in all your outfits but I especially love that romper which I totally thought was a dress :rotfl2: :love:

Thanks! I love finding outfits for our trips! It's *almost* better than the trip itself. LOL

Yah - I almost choked too! It was good, but not $70 good. ::yes::

That was a tough one to choke down... It was definitely a sad moment for me.

They definitely did cheer me up - everyone did that day! :lovestruc

Loving your trip report so far! I'm not going to tell you that you beat yourself up too much over the way you look, you know it! I feel like I'm the opposite. I KNOW I need to lose weight and get in better shape but lately I don't seem to realize I am actually bigger than I think I am and it shows when I see pics :-( So depressing. Sometimes you are just not feeling the outfits and can't justify spending the money just for the sake of getting something. Glad you have found stuff since then.
Can't wait to see what the rest of your birthday has in store :-)

Thanks!

Yes - I know I do. :hug: I try not to talk about it much here, as I am sure everyone gets tired of hearing about it. ::yes::

I've been there too - for many years I felt like I looked fine, but really, I didn't. That's just as hard, IMO - to be in that place. :hug:

I have found some fun items since then... Even later that day. ::yes::

I am excited to share it!

Glad you had a good weekend! Although busy times are fun, sometimes it's nice when things go back to "normal". For a while anyway. I was glad to read that you've since found some LP things that work for you! I hate when sizing is so inconsistent - it can either be a real upper or a real downer :confused3 How nice men's clothes don't work this way - a size 38 pant is a 38! We had a little weekend get away to St. Louis. Went to 2 baseball games (Cardinals) and stayed 1 night downtown. Was able to spend some time with my sis and brother-in-law before heading home. It was nice. Hope you have a great week - will be watching for updates!

Yah - it's nice to have life back to normal... For a little while, at least. LOL I never seem to know what "normal" is anymore. LOL :confused3

Right???? Seriously! I shop for Josh and it's easy peasy... I mean - somethings don't work for him... but the waist size is the exact same all the time.

It sounds like you had a very nice weekend away! Did you drive or fly?

I am late to the party as usual.

Love your ears in this report...did you make them?

You so should have bought that romper! It looks fabulous on you!

V looks just like you in that first photo from this weekend!

Can't wait to read more...

Lynn

You're never late Lynn :hug: - Always right on time. The party never starts without you! ::yes::

Thanks! Yes - I made all of my Ears... I think? LOL So far - I think there was one pair I didn't make... Oh yah, my Donald Duck Butt Ears shown later in the TR - those I bought. :)

Thank you! :lovestruc One day - I will buy it. ::yes:: When it's cheaper. ::yes::

She does!!! And she knows she does! LOL And both of my girls HATE that they look like me. :scratchin ::yes:: V looks a LOT like my mom - which I never realized until recently... Now that I've seen it - I can't unsee it and it warms my heart greatly! :lovestruc

I can't wait to share!

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Trying hard to stay caught up! Can you tell? LOL

Gonna try for one more update today, I have a few minutes before Josh gets home. ::yes::

D~

Day 4, Part 2

Cindy dropped us off at the Fort Wilderness bus depot... Where the girls and I just stood there in the baking heat, trying to decipher their bus route sign. :confused3

Eventually - one of them realized that it really didn't matter which bus we boarded, they all get there eventually. I think. We hoped. :scratchin

Months before our trip - I decided I wanted to surprise the girls with something extra special and fun on my birthday... Every single trip - I've always wanted to do HDDR - but I've never booked it. Mostly because it's expensive... but it's getting to the point where EVERYTHING in WDW is expensive - so pick your poison. Right? ::yes:: I finally did it and pulled the trigger. For those of you who have been reading for a while - you know I can't keep a secret from my girls for long - I am honestly surprised I kept it a secret for as long as I did. ::yes:: Anyways... We were all looking forward to this - a LOT!

We arrived at Pioneer Hall really EARLY... And it was HOT. Like baking sun HOT.

I should have taken more pictures than what I did - but I didn't.

We waited in the sun for nearly an hour though, between the 30 minute wait before check in and the 30 minute wait after. We were given our table #49, but had no clue where it was within the theater.

When we were finally seated... To say we were disappointed was an understatement. I mean - there really are no "bad" tables right? We were in Category 2.

20190602_160231_HDR.jpg

My view of the stage.

I mean, really... Could they have put this table in a worse spot?

If any of us was going to have the bad view though - I'd rather it be me over one of the girls.

But when our server came... I did grumble about it a little. She said - "oh let's move the table"... So we did. And this was my "better view".

20190602_162031.jpg

Disappointing.

So, there really aren't any pics... I spent most of the time leaning to my left, so I could see what was going on, which was important - because I wasn't able to hear the show very well. :(

The food...

Well... I have a very hard time with Disney food - especially when it's food that Josh makes, and Josh is a VERY good cook and griller/smoker.

I didn't have very high expectations for this meal, just for that simple fact alone...

The salad was good... So was the cornbread... But I LOVE cornbread - I don't care how it's served to me.

20190602_160243.jpg

The meal itself was pretty lacking... Our chicken was cold and rubbery... The ribs were quite good, but there was a lot of fatty and membrane-y pieces in our batch, with not a lot of meat on them, the sauce was good though. The beans were quite vinegar-y, and we prefer our beans to be sweet vs. sour. The mashed potatoes were EXCELLENT. But we love our carbs, a LOT... Especially on vacation when we aren't limiting them. LOL And I didn't take any corn at all - it just looked like standard canned corn - and I wanted to save room for other things.

20190602_163842.jpg

I do have to say... We did ask for more chicken and more potatoes, and the 2nd delivery of chicken was HOT and FRESH and CRISPY - and it was VERY GOOD. I honestly wish we would have just asked for more chicken in the first place and not eaten any of the first batch they brought. ::yes::

And then there was dessert... The strawberry shortcake was delicious! Absolutely hit the spot! Wish there would have been more. ::yes::

20190602_173319.jpg

My favorite part was watching V enjoy herself with the washboard. :lovestruc

20190602_174620.jpg

Allison did quite a bit of video of this though - in her video at the beginning of the TR, if you want to see a bit more. ::yes::

Overall... I am glad we did it once. I am not sure I would ever do it again? Unless one of the girls REALLY wanted to - or if we were going for the big family trip and it's something we wanted to do as a big group. Otherwise - I dunno... I had a hard time only being able to hear half of the show, I am not sure if it didn't project well under the balcony??? Or if I am just getting hard of hearing??? Not sure? I'd maybe prefer sitting in Category 3 up in the balcony instead of Category 2?

Again - if Josh wouldn't be such a darn good cook, I probably would have enjoyed it much more... But I have such a hard time paying such high prices for something Josh can do much better at home - cheaper. ::yes:: And I know it's the whole *experience* of it - and I try to take that into consideration...

Once the show was over - the girls and I bee-lined out the door and straight to the bathroom, before everyone else got there. Supa-smaaaht. ::yes::

After, we headed straight to the docks to board the boat back to the Contemporary to meet up with Suzi and a few (not named yet) special friends... :lovestruc For the biggest and bestest surprise of all! :scratchin

Link to Day 4, Part 3

D~​

Last edited:
I love that nutella Waffle! I'm not sure how I feel about Toy Story 4. I thought it was good and funny but I am still trying to decide if I like the ending.

HDDR seems disappointing. I can't decide if we will try it or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter