~~~~~ Sew, the heat is… ON! ~~~~~ June 2019 ~~~~~ Update x4 6/30!!!!!!!!

Awwww....I’m sad that your HDDR experience wasn’t wonderful. We didn’t get a chance to chat much this trip.
I hated it the one time we were put downstairs for that show. We always book Cat3 up on the balcony. Best view and better seats IMHO. And we have always had great food.
Well hopefully if there is a next time, it will be better.

Yeah, I had forgotten my sunglasses, so we had to go up to the room to get them.
Sorry, but I don’t think I can attach photos from my iPad. I can send the room view to you for you to attach if you want.

That fireworks cruise was just amazing. So incredibly thankful to you, Monica ❤️! It was great to see you again, wish we could have coordinated more time. But thank you thank you thank you. A memory I will always hold close.

D, I was so sad reading your bad birthday shopping experience. I wish you could see yourself the way we all do. You are a beautiful human being, inside AND out. You inspire me daily my friend 😍

What an awesome birthday surprise! Your birthday may have started out rocky, but it ended with a bang!

I'm joining in and just caught up! Bummer that HDDR didn't live up to expectations. If you're someday on the Dining Plan you can get Category 1 seating for the later show and it's great in that section!

Telling me that she had booked a fireworks cruise for Suzi and I for our birthdays!!! :lovestruc

Wait!!! What???? Seriously?????? NO WAY!!!!!!

That's so amazing! What a fantastic surprise!

IMG_1339.jpg

Love this photo! How wonderful!!

then past the Shoe Tree - where all of the Boat Captains throw their shoes on their last day of work...

I had no idea this was a thing!

Wow, what a nice birthday surprise! When you are on the boat can you hear the music for the fireworks? I just love the water pageant! Great find in the Lily shirt, it looks great!

Welcome! Yes - I love her video! I actually remembered to share it with Josh yesterday - and he *almost* seemed to enjoy it? LOL

Bummer that you missed the Canteen this trip... Hopefully you'll get there next time? I know we will make a point to eat there any time we need to do CS in AK. ::yes::

Yah - I gave the girls those 2 seats, so they could enjoy the show... I took the seat with the "crappy view". Between having to watch the show around the pole and not being able to hear well (did you have issues hearing there?) - it just wasn't the experience I thought it would be. :scratchin Yah - our food sat on trays at the edge of the room for a good 10-15 minutes before they put the food on our table... It definitely wasn't fresh. Oh well... We've checked that experience off of our list, and more $$ for fun things next time. :)

It's great to see you here Loree!!! :hug:

LOL at Josh *almost* enjoying it! This reminds me of our friends that we went with on this trip, the A-Team (so called because they are Adam, Andrea, Aric and August!). It was their first trip, well, technically the kids first trip but Adam and Andrea haven't been since they were little themselves and they don't remember a lot from then. Adam didn't really want to go - too expensive, too many people, too much planning, not really their thing, etc. They really aren't much in the way of planners for vacation, more of a 'go on a whim and wing it' type. Andrea and I did all the planning and made all the reservations. Adam started to get on board with all of it once the rooms were booked, but he still grumbled about how much it was going to be. Anyways, we all went on the trip and had a fabulous time, both together and separately. We were almost back home when I got a text from Andrea saying Adam is already trying to figure out when they can go back! LOL! So, maybe there is still hope for Josh!

Yes, I was really looking forward to getting the chicken bowl at the canteen again, but I was pretty happy to at least have a Rum Blossom while we were in Pandora. I was prepared for it to be hot and humid while we were there, but nothing in our training could have prepared me to be able to deal with the heat and humidity that we had while running that morning and that is what really did me in that day. There is always next time though. Or the time after that, or the time . . .! I foresee a few more F&W trips in our future. And DH really wants to try the Fort in our motorhome one trip. And DH and I love Star Wars, so we will have to go to Galaxy's Edge. See, many trips I haven't even had a chance to plan yet!

I had your seat at HDDR when we went this year, but our server must have moved the table into a better position because none of us really had to watch around the pole. We didn't have any issues hearing, on either time we were there. I really think the server you get makes a difference too. Our server the first time was okay, but didn't 'play' up at any point. The server we had this time was excellent though. He kept bugging me that I wasn't drinking enough sangria or eating enough chicken, exaggerated when DH needed another beer and went OTT when DS wanted anything - another root beer, more ribs, more potatoes. He helped DS put his napkin on (added a couple of extra too), kept pulling on DS's chair whenever he walked by, balanced the extra ribs on his head, etc. He made the experience go from great to awesome, so I really think that helps. I think he has been there for a bit, because he really seemed to have a routine that worked well and was one of the fastest servers there. Years of working in food service makes me notice that kind of stuff and appreciate servers that much more.

The birthday cruise looks like so much fun! Love the cakes, they looked yummy. I really must add the water parade to my list of must sees. That list just keeps getting longer and longer. Looks like you had fun adventures on your birthday!

Thank you for always taking the time to share your trip reports. I enjoy them each time.

I love your outfits and the pics of you are your girls are #parentinggoals! Hello from another MN mama. You look amazing and should be so proud of your hard work. Your smile lights up every photo!

Wow, I would have been unhappy too with that experience at HDDR. We've never been because being from the south, we don't appreciate the cornpone stereotypes, if you know what I mean? Yes, we have bumpkins and that seems to be who they put on TV, but they're the exception and not the rule. HeeHaw made my skin crawl back in the day. BUT ANYWAY lol . . .

THAT HEAT. It was really bad that week, wasn't it? Y'all seem to have made very good decisions, though, and it looks like you had a blast.

Stepping on soapbox . . . please please please D, love yourself as you are now. You're strong and beautiful. I keep harping on this becasue in a decade or so your body IS going to change and it doesn't come back from it. No one explained to the extent your whole self changes, so for the next moment consider me your aunt or older sister delivering a truth bomb. I used to think menopause only affected your moods and childbearing organs. Boy was I wrong. I am really enjoying being in my 50s, truly, but menopause and aging does some awful things to a woman's body. My skin, all over my body, is not the same. It's not feminine anymore, and I can't think of another way to describe it other than that. Literally the skin on my arms and legs and all over. Don't get me started about the skin on my chest. I went from being at a decently plump weight to being shaped like a barrel overnight. Waistline? HA! Better send out a search party. Genetic vertical wrinkles have shown up on my upper lip, seemingly overnight. Here to stay. I look in the mirror in that area and see my grandmother. But sometimes it's the little things that hurt the worst - my EYELIDS have changed horribly. The skin is loose and crepey and so unattractive that I rarely wear eyeshadow anymore because eyeshadow seems to highlight the crepe-yness no matter if it's matte, frost, or in between. And I've never been one to stay out in the sun or use tanning beds, I've always eaten a balanced diet, etc. There are lots more things - like the fact that after wearing contacts since I was in 8th grade, they don't seem to work for me anymore, and I can't see with glasses and can't see without glasses, even with bifocals. That's not just for females but it's a maddening issue to deal with all day. Would I go back to when I was younger if given a chance? NO WAY. But I wish I had known all this so I could CHERISH and appreciate my young body while I had it. Sorry for the longwindedness, but I'm pretty passionate about this because I wasted so much time that I can't get back, wanting to be a little smaller, or a particular size, reaching for something when I was already perfect - perfectly ME.

Internet disclaimer: YMMV, this is my own experience and possibly not yours, I chose not to take hormones (which would have delayed some of this), I have chosen not to do artificial things to my face/body but no judgment to those who do, etc.

Your outfits look SO cute! I love that LP romper! Victoria's outfits are cute as well. Allison is clearly resisting, but JUST WAIT lol. Re your Lilly bummer, I hate it when shopping trips are unsatisfying! Sometimes it's just like that. I'd rather wait and buy it for so much less, too. Can't wait to hear what the surprise is!

Wow... I am not even sure where to start here... First off - thank you for always giving me your candid knowledge about life and living life - it means a lot to me, especially this - right here - losing my mom at a young age... A) she never got to an age to experience any of this. And B) I was too young and it never would have occurred to me to ask. So, thank you - from the bottom of my heart - for taking the time to type this out. :hug:

As women, I feel like we have such high expectations of ourselves... I've already started to experience some of the things you mentioned... I have no idea if the zero skin elasticity is due to "getting to be that age" or if it's because of my gain 50 lbs, lose 50 lbs a hundred times in my life??? I can definitely see though, where my skin hasn't bounced back - and I doubt it ever will - I probably struggle with this part the most - as it affects me so much... My thighs - my stomach... No matter how loose the waist of my clothes are - I will always have a "muffin top" because of the excess skin. Sigh. And when I look at photos of myself - that is all I see. Age is really not good to us, is it? It's almost scary and sad to think that our bodies will never get better, only worse... :eek: Thank you again - for taking the time to write all of that - truly. :lovestruc

Also... At this point in my life - I have a very hard time taking any sort of medication - unless it's necessary, of course... (This is just me talking now) - I've never once in my life taken a hormone for any reason, I've always felt like it would mess with my body and just nature in general. I've kind of already decided, and of course - I reserve the right to reevaluate at any time (LOL) - that when the time comes, I will not take any hormones for the menopause time of my life either... I have a hard time taking anything to off-put something that is supposed to occur naturally within my body. And - I totally agree... To each their own - this is just me. :lovestruc

On to the rest of your post...

I can totally see how that would be bothersome... As someone, who doesn't live in that area of the country, I can honestly say that I didn't give much thought to it... And to be very honest - I couldn't hear a lot of the show - so any implications simply went straight over my head. ::yes:: As a girl - I loved HeeHaw... It was always on before/after Lawrence Welk - who was my mom's FAVORITE - so we always ended up watching it... However - at that age - I had NO idea what it represented... But now, I can totally see how it could be offensive. :hug:

Yes - according to everyone who was there... "It was the hottest week EVER" ::yes:: The girls were miserable... For some reason - yes, I was hot - but I wasn't as miserable as they were. :confused3 Not sure why? You'd think it would be the other way around?

Thank you - you all know how much I love my Disney outfit planning... It's so much fun and brings so much joy to trip planning for me. :lovestruc Victoria has since discovered Lilly Pulitzer... Which you will see as I end the TR (LOL)... Allison wants NOTHING to do with it - she's my "tightwad" remember? LOL Love her for it though and the longer she can resist, the better. :lmao:

Again - thank you! :hug:

What an amazing ending to your birthday!!! The cruise looks like so much fun and now I have another bucket list item to add-a cruise to watch the water pageant and fireworks from the lake! I LOVE fireworks and Disney's are the best-I could literally watch them every day. Your pics are beautiful and makes me want to do this asap ::yes::

Right? For a day that was kind of turning out to be less than what I wanted it to be - it did a total turn around.

Definitely - I know it's been added to my "must do again" list... ::yes::

What a great Birthday surprise. Looks like you had a lot of fun on the boat.

It was wonderful! A great surprise!

Awwww....I’m sad that your HDDR experience wasn’t wonderful. We didn’t get a chance to chat much this trip.
I hated it the one time we were put downstairs for that show. We always book Cat3 up on the balcony. Best view and better seats IMHO. And we have always had great food.
Well hopefully if there is a next time, it will be better.

Yeah, I had forgotten my sunglasses, so we had to go up to the room to get them.
Sorry, but I don’t think I can attach photos from my iPad. I can send the room view to you for you to attach if you want.

That fireworks cruise was just amazing. So incredibly thankful to you, Monica ❤! It was great to see you again, wish we could have coordinated more time. But thank you thank you thank you. A memory I will always hold close.

D, I was so sad reading your bad birthday shopping experience. I wish you could see yourself the way we all do. You are a beautiful human being, inside AND out. You inspire me daily my friend 😍

It's OK... I didn't want to dwell on the fact that it wasn't that great for us - when so many of my friends, you included, love it! If we ever do it again - I will take your advice and book Category 3... I was looking around while we were there, and those seats look fantastic!

Oh that's right... I wasn't even gonna go with you - but like a crazy person, I chased you down. :lmao:

It was - the absolute HIGHLIGHT of our trip - for both the girls and I. ::yes::

Awwwwh - thank you my friend. :hug: :lovestruc

What an awesome birthday surprise! Your birthday may have started out rocky, but it ended with a bang!

It was incredible - still no words to describe how moved and touched I was. :lovestruc

I'm joining in and just caught up! Bummer that HDDR didn't live up to expectations. If you're someday on the Dining Plan you can get Category 1 seating for the later show and it's great in that section!

That's so amazing! What a fantastic surprise!

Love this photo! How wonderful!!

I had no idea this was a thing!

Welcome!!! Yes - if I ever do DDP again, I will certainly keep that in mind - otherwise I've heard great things about Category 3, as well. ::yes::

It was amazing! I couldn't believe it... It's something I've always wanted to do!

Agree - it was a beautiful vantage point!

Neither did I, LOL... Cpt. William was a wealth of knowledge! ::yes::

Wow, what a nice birthday surprise! When you are on the boat can you hear the music for the fireworks? I just love the water pageant! Great find in the Lily shirt, it looks great!

Yes - I asked Cpt. William about that - because he played the music from the boat speakers... And I know they play it at the resorts on the lake too... He said that WDW broadcasts it on a radio station? He didn't tell me what that station was, but cool - right?

Thanks - I love that Lilly shirt... I've only worn it once, but I am certain it will get more use once it's colder out. ::yes:: (though our summer hasn't exactly been very warm... :scratchin )

What an awesome birthday and great surprise!

It was amazing!!! Truly unexpected and wonderful! :lovestruc

LOL at Josh *almost* enjoying it! This reminds me of our friends that we went with on this trip, the A-Team (so called because they are Adam, Andrea, Aric and August!). It was their first trip, well, technically the kids first trip but Adam and Andrea haven't been since they were little themselves and they don't remember a lot from then. Adam didn't really want to go - too expensive, too many people, too much planning, not really their thing, etc. They really aren't much in the way of planners for vacation, more of a 'go on a whim and wing it' type. Andrea and I did all the planning and made all the reservations. Adam started to get on board with all of it once the rooms were booked, but he still grumbled about how much it was going to be. Anyways, we all went on the trip and had a fabulous time, both together and separately. We were almost back home when I got a text from Andrea saying Adam is already trying to figure out when they can go back! LOL! So, maybe there is still hope for Josh!

Yes, I was really looking forward to getting the chicken bowl at the canteen again, but I was pretty happy to at least have a Rum Blossom while we were in Pandora. I was prepared for it to be hot and humid while we were there, but nothing in our training could have prepared me to be able to deal with the heat and humidity that we had while running that morning and that is what really did me in that day. There is always next time though. Or the time after that, or the time . . .! I foresee a few more F&W trips in our future. And DH really wants to try the Fort in our motorhome one trip. And DH and I love Star Wars, so we will have to go to Galaxy's Edge. See, many trips I haven't even had a chance to plan yet!

I had your seat at HDDR when we went this year, but our server must have moved the table into a better position because none of us really had to watch around the pole. We didn't have any issues hearing, on either time we were there. I really think the server you get makes a difference too. Our server the first time was okay, but didn't 'play' up at any point. The server we had this time was excellent though. He kept bugging me that I wasn't drinking enough sangria or eating enough chicken, exaggerated when DH needed another beer and went OTT when DS wanted anything - another root beer, more ribs, more potatoes. He helped DS put his napkin on (added a couple of extra too), kept pulling on DS's chair whenever he walked by, balanced the extra ribs on his head, etc. He made the experience go from great to awesome, so I really think that helps. I think he has been there for a bit, because he really seemed to have a routine that worked well and was one of the fastest servers there. Years of working in food service makes me notice that kind of stuff and appreciate servers that much more.

The birthday cruise looks like so much fun! Love the cakes, they looked yummy. I really must add the water parade to my list of must sees. That list just keeps getting longer and longer. Looks like you had fun adventures on your birthday!

Hahahaha... Well - he has been there with us twice (2003 & 2008) - but totally different animals at that time... The girls were little and we were doing the parks Commando style... They weren't the most ideal of trips. It's way different now... We nap all day. LOL I think he'd enjoy it much more now? If I could just get him there...

How funny that your friend's DH is actually looking forward to going back? Hehehehe!

I see many trips in your future too - by the looks of things. LOL

Interesting about the hearing - maybe I need to get my hearing checked? Your waiter sounds amazing - I would have loved to have had him! ::yes:: Our waitress barely spoke to us. :(

It was fun and the cakes were amazing!!!

WOW!!!
Just WOW!!!

Exactly my thought too! ::yes::

Thank you for always taking the time to share your trip reports. I enjoy them each time.

I love your outfits and the pics of you are your girls are #parentinggoals! Hello from another MN mama. You look amazing and should be so proud of your hard work. Your smile lights up every photo!

Thanks for enjoying them! I wouldn't continue to write them if no one read them - I don't think? LOL

Thanks! I love planning my trip outfits and accessories so much! Awww - thank you - I love my girls and (most days) they love me back. ::yes:: I love hearing that some of my readers live close... I've had a few approach me while I've been out - and it always takes me off guard for a minute, LOL... I expect to see people when I am in WDW - but not at home. :lovestruc Glad to have another Minnesotan following along. :lovestruc

And thank you for your kind compliments. :hug:

************************************************************************************************************************

OK all caught up on replies! I think I may have time to do a quick update? Cruisin' right along here... Only 2 more days to write about - and then I can go back to hiding in the PTR section. :lmao: ::yes::

D~

Monday, June 3, 2019

Day 5 Part 1

I was up at 6:15am.

Grabbed coffee at Java Cafe... My new favorite - which I fell in love with on this trip - and continue to have occasionally at home... An Iced Mocha. YUM! ::yes::

The girls and I decided - after the last time we tried to get to Epcot from SoG and it took us 2 hours - this time, we'd "splurge" and take an Uber. Yup - BEST decision ever - worth the $10 + tip. 💯

We were in the Uber and at Epcot by 8am for park opening at 9am.

We were probably among the first 100 into the park that day...

I will say - and I may get flamed for this... We were about 15 people from the front of the line at the turnstyles... Meanwhile - there are about 10k people in line behind us. At the VERY LAST MOMENT - a family zooms up with a stroller to the side of our line (we were at the edge) and budges right in front of us. Ok - my V has a mind and a mouth all her own - and she isn't afraid to use it... So, she said something to them - and the mom basically told V to shut up "they were there first" (um - no you weren't, we've been there for an hour and never saw you until now)... So, we are going through the turnstyles - and Dad and Kid's MB wasn't working... So we all went around them... On the other side, about 20 ft into the park, was Mom waiting for Dad and Kid... Of course - my V has so say (loudly) - "Karma is a b****)... And we all chuckled & kept walking to the front of the crowd, while Mom had to wait for Dad. ::yes::

So, yah - don't expect my V to not say anything. :lmao:

Anyways - back to your regularly scheduled TR...

Again - among the first 100 into the park...

20190603_084431_HDR.jpg

Eventually - they let the masses go... The great divide... Half go to Soarin' and half go to TT. We went to TT.

Of course V was absolutely, without a doubt, ahead of the crowd and FIRST in line for the day... However - she had to let several people go ahead of her because Allison and I were straggling behind. :lmao:

She had to settle for being part of the first group on TT that day. ::yes::

We built our car...

20190603_090327_HDR.jpg

And enjoyed our ride... And I'll say this in every TR for eternity - it will never be the same or as fun as the original TT. ::yes::

444064824.jpeg

When we were finished with TT... We hiked across the park to ride LWTL with a 5 min standby time... It wasn't even that long - we walked on.

20190603_093650_HDR.jpg

This is still my favorite thing - because, as I've told you all in every TR... This is the Disney miniature version of our house... They make it look so cute. LOL

20190603_093918_HDR.jpg

20190603_094240_HDR.jpg

20190603_094325_HDR1.jpg

20190603_094550_HDR.jpg

20190603_094604_HDR.jpg

20190603_094809_HDR.jpg

We had a quick breakfast before our Soarin' FP at Sunshine Seasons - I had a giant cinnamon roll!

20190603_103005.jpg

And we rode Soarin' - as always... Front and center. ::yes:: We don't travel 2k miles to see the Eiffel Tower bent over. :lmao:

20190603_095229_HDR.jpg

Then we had a FP for Figment...

20190603_104601.jpg

After Figment - we headed around World Showcase, starting at Mexico... It was VERY HOT and the girls needed to duck into every country to cool off. ::yes::

444255021.jpeg

444255117.jpeg

444255200.jpeg

We stopped in Mexico, Norway (hi Lillian!), Japan, Germany...

Taking pics along the way...

444178892_861512665_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

IMG_1370.jpg

And finally Italy...

And finally Via Napoli... Ahhh...

20190603_115321.jpg

And the Quattro Formaggio Pizza... Extra large please. ::yes::

20190603_115531.jpg

Now - I need to pause right here to say... V has started making this pizza for me (she has a 2nd job - which used to be her first job - at a pizza place) on special occasions. Well - she had JUST made it for me on Mother's Day, so it was fresh in my memory... Either the Via Napoli pizza isn't as good as we remember it? Or V has really perfected her own recipe... As we all agreed, V's is better. ::yes::

When we finished eating, it looked like rain was looming... So far, this trip - we have had no rain.

Allison stopped in France to have a drink... A Grand Mariner Slushie.

20190603_125435.jpg

And we exited here - hoping to meet an old friend.

We boarded a Friendship Boat destined for DHS...

20190603_130035_HDR.jpg

We were sitting on the back bench outside - but then we decided that the rain was DEFINITELY coming... So we moved indoors.

20190603_131124.jpg

Good choice... It poured - like only Florida rain can pour - for the entire ride. And we were dry.

We exited the Friendship Boat at DHS - and walked the long walk around the walls, through the new bag check. We had one mission, and ONE mission only.

To find Photopass Joe.

We walked around... We asked around... Someone said to go "here'... Someone else said to go "there"... Finally, someone said "follow me"... And we did. And there was Joe. Happy as ever to see his favorite girls from MN.

IMG_09122.jpg

IMG_09142.jpg

We visited for a while in the blazing sun... Turns out we were lucky that we came to see him on this day, as he was scheduled off the following day (our planned DHS day) and on vacation for the next 2 weeks. He was very happy to see us, and we were so happy to see him.

He took our picture - as he always does...

444319638.jpeg

We said our goodbyes...

The girls were very hot - to the point of not feeling well... We walked to the bus stop in the blazing hot sun again - and grabbed waters on the way. We had just missed our SoG bus, so we found a spot in the shade until the next one came at 2:15.

Bus ----> SoG (Didn't note time, but we would have arrived at 2:30.

And we took our required Disney nap.

Link to Day 5, Part 2

D~​

Last edited:
I can totally relate to V not being able to not say anything to the family that cut the line. I wouldn't be able to hold my moth shot either :D
I had to smile when I read your comment when visiting Norway at Epcot :)

It is interesting that your SoG room is a little bigger than the CR tower room. If I was to ever stay in the tower then I would pick the Bay Lake View. I just love looking at that lake. It is so peaceful. :)

I love the birthday surprise. You and Suzi look so cute, especially with your custom made bags. :)

the Shoe Tree - where all of the Boat Captains throw their shoes on their last day of work...
I've always wondered why there were shoes hanging from that tree. We stay at the WL quite often and love taking the boat to/from FW. It isn't as good as a private fireworks/birthday cruise but it is nice just to travel around Bay Lake. It is like you aren't in WDW at all. :)

The cake was so delicious!!! Amazing!
The birthday cakes are really cute, even with the misspelled name. What a nice birthday surprise.
And then... According to Captain William... "Once you see Happily Ever After from the water - you'll never want to see it any other way again..." I can't say I'd disagree. It was beautiful!
I love the way the fireworks reflect on the water. You can see it do that when watching from the GF boat dock. I would love to find out what radio station plays the fireworks music. There are some windows in the WL that have a fantastic view of the MK fireworks but if you had music it would be perfect. :)

A truly spectacular end to my Birthday - and a truly spectacular beginning to Fuzi's Birthday! :lovestruc
What a great birthday. You are really lucky to have such good friends. :)

The girls and I decided - after the last time we tried to get to Epcot from SoG and it took us 2 hours - this time, we'd "splurge" and take an Uber. Yup - BEST decision ever - worth the $10 + tip. 💯
I hate trying to get to Epcot from the monorail resorts. That is one reason why we prefer WL. It is easy to get to Epcot from there.
At the VERY LAST MOMENT - a family zooms up with a stroller to the side of our line (we were at the edge) and budges right in front of us. Ok - my V has a mind and a mouth all her own - and she isn't afraid to use it... So, she said something to them
I had something like this happen when we were in the bag check line at AK and I said something to them. Lucky for me, they behaved after that. ;)
The girls were very hot - to the point of not feeling well...
You look hot in your pictures. Epcot is really hot when it is sunny, especially the World Showcase with all that concrete. They really need more shade there. Our September trip was so hot that we weren't able to spend as much time in Epcot as we wanted. The sun was making us sick, too.

What a great end to your birthday! I'm glad it ended on a high note. I completely understand about not being able to go out on the balcony. I'm staying at the Contemporary this fall and unless we are on a lower floor, I won't be enjoying our balcony either!

Your birthday ended with a spectacular bang! It must make you feel good to have such good friends and daughters that love you. I've always wanted to do a fireworks cruise but so far it hasn't happened. The cakes look great and the birthday girls happy. So sorry the heat got to you but I must say your hair and make up held up well :flower:So, which do you think is worse - the cold trip in January (I think?) or the hot one in June? I think I would take the heat but a mid day break would be a must. Great that you were able to track down photo pass Joe! Things and people like that can sure make a trip special and memorable. Where did V find the LP pants! Or did she bring them from home?

I can totally relate to V not being able to not say anything to the family that cut the line. I wouldn't be able to hold my moth shot either :D
I had to smile when I read your comment when visiting Norway at Epcot :)

Yah - I think she is more Dutch than Minnesotan sometimes. LOL Which can be a good thing. :scratchin

Of course - I think of you often! Especially the 1st of the month, when I flip my calendar over. :lmao:

GO V!

Ugh why do people suck!!!

Hahaha... I debated on writing about that - I mean, we weren't exactly nice about it either... But really, they were rude. ::yes::

It is interesting that your SoG room is a little bigger than the CR tower room. If I was to ever stay in the tower then I would pick the Bay Lake View. I just love looking at that lake. It is so peaceful. :)

I love the birthday surprise. You and Suzi look so cute, especially with your custom made bags. :)

I've always wondered why there were shoes hanging from that tree. We stay at the WL quite often and love taking the boat to/from FW. It isn't as good as a private fireworks/birthday cruise but it is nice just to travel around Bay Lake. It is like you aren't in WDW at all. :)

The birthday cakes are really cute, even with the misspelled name. What a nice birthday surprise.

I love the way the fireworks reflect on the water. You can see it do that when watching from the GF boat dock. I would love to find out what radio station plays the fireworks music. There are some windows in the WL that have a fantastic view of the MK fireworks but if you had music it would be perfect. :)

What a great birthday. You are really lucky to have such good friends. :)

I hate trying to get to Epcot from the monorail resorts. That is one reason why we prefer WL. It is easy to get to Epcot from there.

I had something like this happen when we were in the bag check line at AK and I said something to them. Lucky for me, they behaved after that. ;)

You look hot in your pictures. Epcot is really hot when it is sunny, especially the World Showcase with all that concrete. They really need more shade there. Our September trip was so hot that we weren't able to spend as much time in Epcot as we wanted. The sun was making us sick, too.

The view in the CR room was incredible! I loved it! I would just never be able to go out on the balcony... Maybe on a lower floor?

Thanks! It was so sweet and definitely a memory we will cherish forever! :lovestruc

That's why! ::yes:: It was a neat story.

The fireworks were incredible on the lake - it was double the fireworks. LOL Yah - he was pretty tight lipped about the radio station... For all I know - It could be something closed circuit? Not really sure... :confused3

Yah - that was crazy on our last trip... I mean - we would have tipped the Shady Shuttle $5 anyways... So, the cost for this convenience was well worth it. We will be doing Uber 100% from now on from SoG to Epcot... Coming home we can do the monorail to the TTC and it's not a problem - we usually never have a time deadline when going back to the resort. ::yes::

Good! It's so annoying when people do that! ::yes::

It was very hot that day... And you are right - the concrete in WS does make it a little more unbearable than in other places on property. I have to say the 2nd worst is actually the main street of DHS - that is blazing as well. I often wonder how Joe does it? Or any of the photographers - they would have to take breaks often, I would think?

What a great end to your birthday! I'm glad it ended on a high note. I completely understand about not being able to go out on the balcony. I'm staying at the Contemporary this fall and unless we are on a lower floor, I won't be enjoying our balcony either!

Thanks - it did end up being a great day! :lovestruc

Yup - I don't think I would ever go out on the balcony, maybe on a lower floor - but it kinda even gave me the creeps looking out of the patio door from the bed area. LOL

Behind in reading updates - but, your hair looks great!! On to the next update!!! :)

Hahaha! Thanks! I am really loving being blond! I didn't think I would - but it's nice to have something different. :lovestruc

Love that purse!!!

Thanks! It was a fun one to make! :lovestruc

Your birthday ended with a spectacular bang! It must make you feel good to have such good friends and daughters that love you. I've always wanted to do a fireworks cruise but so far it hasn't happened. The cakes look great and the birthday girls happy. So sorry the heat got to you but I must say your hair and make up held up well :flower:So, which do you think is worse - the cold trip in January (I think?) or the hot one in June? I think I would take the heat but a mid day break would be a must. Great that you were able to track down photo pass Joe! Things and people like that can sure make a trip special and memorable. Where did V find the LP pants! Or did she bring them from home?

It did - quite literally! :) It was very nice, and super sweet! And a total surprise! :lovestruc I am so fortunate to have some great people in my life. ::yes::

Hahaha - thank you! I just wore my same make up that I wear at home... Oh - except for my spf moisturizer - I usually use Cetaphil facial moisturizer spf 15 at home, but Myrthe sent me some Rituals Spf 30 from Europe, and I used that while in WDW... It was definitely more oily that what I usually use - but in all fairness, I have VERY oily skin on my face. I definitely wanted more protection down there - and I really should wear it up here in the summer too. :scratchin But otherwise - I wore all of my regular make up and it was just fine. I didn't even use a setting spray this time around.

Hmmm... Which is worse???? Honestly - I think the cold January trip is the worst... The cold in FL is so much worse than the cold in MN ever gets - IMO... And FL really is not equipped to deal with the cold like we are at home - so it seems like you can never really get warm there? Where - when you go to FL any other time of the year, a person expects it to be HOT, and everything is air conditioned - so they are more adapted to heat survival. Make sense? There are so many places a person can "duck in" to cool off - it's rare (like the walk to the buses at DHS) where it's difficult to go far and not find somewhere to cool off. So, I think January is worse. ::yes::

Sounds like an amazing trip so far!

So far - it has been a great trip! :lovestruc

***********************************************************************************************************

I hope you all are having a great weekend?

We had our big family "Christmas" yesterday with my Mom's side... As most of you remember, my grandmother died last year, we've gathered on the "Sunday before Christmas" every year for my entire life and long before... After Grandma passed last year, we decided to switch our gathering to a "less busy" time of year. It was fun to see all of my cousins during the summer, for once. LOL And it was great for our large family (we wear name tags) to be able to spread out in garages and outdoors. I wish I had pics for you all - but I didn't take any - except for one selfie of the dress I wore and I am sure you all don't want to see that. LOL :)

As long as the weather holds out, Josh and I will be working on moving black dirt and rock today... And then we will be going to a benefit this evening for a local HS girl who was burned in a small grease fire at a local restaurant.

Enjoy your weekend all! :lovestruc

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!