• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~~~ Sew, it seams this trip wasn't the adventure we had planned! ~~ January 2018! ~~ COMPLETE 5/6!

I bet you are happy to have warm Florida weather instead of what you had in January.

It looks like you are having fun. We went to the Shell Factory ages ago, when it was still mostly had shells. ;) I have relatives in that area..

It looks like heaven to me too. This is the time we would have been in Florida this year if we'd gone. We got 6" of snow Friday and more today. Still snowing so not sure of the total yet. At least it's warm in the low 30's.

Enjoy your trip!

Looks warm. I would complain about the snow here, but it has been very pretty on the trees. My husband has been in Florida for several weeks caring for his mom. Lucky guy! Bring some warmth back to MN.

All caught up! Loving your TR.
Sad to hear about your A&A braclets. I fear the same and should probably stop collecting. :sad:

Good morning everyone! :)

I am home... Florida was amazing! I WILL be back for a beach vacation again... I had the best hosts, and just the best time ever. Suzi and her family - I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful they all were!

Reality though... I think I've gained 3 sizes in the last week... :scratchin Back to 1000% Paleo today... I have a Europe trip in less than 3 months to get awesome for... :eek:

I wanted to post a few pictures of our last days in Florida... Gosh, just the weather, the palm trees and the sun... All of it was gorgeous!

Suzi, her mom (Deb) and I went to see Mamma Mia! at Broadway Palms on Saturday night... It was a FANTASTIC show and the food... YUM!

C67B0D0F-8D73-46E1-9237-810477528C1D.jpg

0CE0995F-EEA7-49B2-B91C-8C7CCB083521.jpg

Lots of pool time... Their pool was just glorious! Their whole Lanai... Pretty sure I could live my entire life right there. ::yes::

31BDADA0-F0BD-483D-8B41-B864D59FD22C.jpg

We went for a very nice walk at a local Eco Preserve... That was very neat!

B8161877-7CCC-446B-8EDB-BBAD0C5E5F88.jpg

Deb's flowers... Gorgeous!

54CCC36F-4B21-4560-865A-9823AE5FE593.jpg

We did a day out at Sanibel and Captiva Islands...

D8144F8A-0646-4CC1-8920-C201B77DF5F7.jpg

D50E3D10-3FE1-451F-A379-43FFDC2651BD.jpg

9292207D-B370-4ACF-BF82-F971409F2637.jpg

We ate at many, many, many fantastic restaurants... I cannot even begin to talk about the fantastic food and pick a true favorite - but The Bubble Room on Captiva Island is right up there... the atmosphere, the dessert... :lovestruc

B0BB334D-0222-4800-B36B-5C7A8123056E.jpg

6EBC04EA-DDDF-49A4-86BF-7E0F429F5D6E.jpg

1FE9B322-9388-4E72-8FA2-FBE2CF9BB491.jpg

We honestly just enjoyed ourselves and ate a lot. :lmao:

666F1661-A775-4677-BC80-5AC8B482EB16.jpg

6F3ACA50-17C1-462C-BD71-783695F57C81.jpg

And their pool.... I think I have a photo of their pool from every angle at every time of day? :scratchin It was perfect. :lovestruc

E69E65FA-B543-4D2C-AB00-77AB77ADC329.jpg

I had a decent flight home yesterday - it seemed to go much faster than my flight down. I flew Frontier this time - I've never flown them before... I "bundled" my luggage and seat - so I was in the 2nd row with lots of leg room. I would definitely fly with them again - but only if I bundle and sit in the 2nd row, I've heard that seats at the back of the plane are some of the worst for space and comfort... There was even one lady who booked a flight with her elderly mother - but chose not to "choose a seat"... They were at the airport and Frontier would only guarantee them a "flight" - not necessarily the one they booked - so in other words, they were on standby because they didn't purchase a physical seat. :eek: They did get on the flight - but she was very upset. I would be too. Duly noted - if you fly Frontier, purchase a seat. ::yes::

Anyways - I am home and back to work/life today. Headed to Aldi this morning to stock up on good for me groceries and then home to work all day. ::yes:: After I work out, of course.

I hope to get a few TR updates this weekend. I have my brother - so it may not happen? :scratchin I will do my best though.

Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Sounds like you had a good time.

If Frontier didn't tell you on their website that you have to purchase a seat to not be set on standby that is not good.

Have a great time with your brother this weekend.

The sunny, but cold weather we have had for the last 50 days is over (that's a new record of no snow and sunny days). Yesterday and today it has snowed. It's not cold, just around freezing point. Those in the south have it really cold now with temperatures from -4ºF to -30ºF.

That pool though... Looks like you had a glorious trip. We have recently traveled on Frontier also and we purchased our seats and the entire experience was very easy, peasy. I was just stocking up at Aldi's last night, that store has really become a favorite for me.

I'm glad you had a good time in Florida with Suzie and her mom. Right now we're under a winter storm warning. I'd love some warm Florida weather.
Liz

Glad you and Suzi had a good trip. I was jealous...

We have an Aldi in York, but that is about 20 miles from home. Just got a sketch plan for one in Shrewsbury - about 4 miles from my house. Don't know if it will happen, but we'll see.

Glad you had great weather. Sounds like you had a very relaxing trip. That pool makes me so envious! I almost look forward to swimming in our pool as much as Disney.

We finally picked out a new car for my husband so I'm glad that's over. It was such a hard decision. New cars have this new start-stop technology that shuts your car off when you stop and restarts it for you. My husband didn't think he wanted that. We ended up with a Trax. It looks like a smaller Equinox and a little more basic features and better gas mileage. With all the discounts and credit from our GM credit card we saved almost $9000!

Have a nice weekend with our great weather!

:flower1:Hello again:wave2:
Remember me lol

Finally back on the Dis and found your TR. Loving it all so far and your bags and outfits are even more fabulous on you than in the pre trip photos :goodvibes
Looking back at your older photos I have to say you have anti-aged D :worship:
You look amazing and I would easily mistake you guys for sisters :)
Hopefully I’ll manage to keep up but I’ve a feeling my life is about to get very very busy!!! Leaving you in suspense for now but hopefully for not too long :goodvibes
Have a great weekend

Your trip to Florida looks amazing! I could go for some Florida warmth and sunshine right about now. It’s my dream to snowbird in Florida...

So glad you could come. It is always a great trip and you made it even better! It felt good to laugh so much....and eat so much. I filled my grocery cart with veggies yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter