• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train taking forever!!! WHEN will it open?

Gmouse

It's a small world after all!
We ran into the beginning stages of construction in Dec 2011, went back Jan 2013... and it still wasn't done. When will it open?? We're going back Jan 6, 2014....I HOPE we won't have to wait ANOTHER year (2 yrs waiting) I'm ready to ride! :woohoo:

We ran into the beginning stages of construction in Dec 2011, went back Jan 2013... and it still wasn't done. When will it open?? We're going back Jan 6, 2014....I HOPE we won't have to wait ANOTHER year (2 yrs waiting) I'm ready to ride! :woohoo:

Sometime 2014. Being open that early in 2014 would require some pretty serious luck.

I'd rather wait for everything to be done and ready than ride something that's not complete.

And I'm sure once it is done and operational, there will be a slew of people who say "it's not great". I think some people are getting their hopes up for a huge thrill ride and it's not going to be that.

I don't think there has been a exact date announced. All we are hearing is some time in 2014.

I am in the 'high hopes' group. I am sure it will be great no matter the thrill.

I get the impression Disney goes slow cus it saves them money - spread the costs out over a longer period while looking like theyre doing more than they actually are!

I'm sure the area will be nice when it's finished but 3 years! I'm glad universal is able to do new stuff so much quicker. Roll on HP phase II!!

If they spend extra time on theming both in queues and on the actual ride I'm all for waiting. I hope it's not too thrill of a ride because to be Disney is able making rides the whole family can enjoy. That's why I thought RnRR never fit into the Disney type of attractions.

i hope it opens soon too. it sounds like a cool ride. when i was in Disney during Christmas last year, i talked to a worker who said the ride is going to have the hydraulics like the T-rex ride in animal kingdom, but be in the air like i regular coaster. it's going to be sick.:mickeyjum

I wouldn't say it is taking forever - it is on schedule. ;) Disney has never announced anything indicating it would be open sooner....it has all been fan speculation. ;)

I get the impression Disney goes slow cus it saves them money - spread the costs out over a longer period while looking like theyre doing more than they actually are!

I am not a Disney apologist, but I don't agree. One of my BILs is an engineer (owns his own business) and talks about his work a lot. In construction work for homes they pay by the job, but for industrial construction they pay by the bid and man hours. The longer it takes to complete whatever part is being worked on (electrical, framing, wiring, etc) the more it costs for man hours. The only area they may save on would be the allowance of time to purchase supplies.

If they spend extra time on theming both in queues and on the actual ride I'm all for waiting. I hope it's not too thrill of a ride because to be Disney is able making rides the whole family can enjoy. That's why I thought RnRR never fit into the Disney type of attractions.

It is not supposed to be anything like RnRR. This is supposed to be more of a kiddie coaster with exceptional theming based on what I have read so far.

I agree with the OP. This ride is taking far too long to complete. In my opinion its bordering on ridiculous. Especially when you take into account how quickly Universal has turned out some amazing attractions in the past few years.

I get the impression Disney goes slow cus it saves them money - spread the costs out over a longer period while looking like theyre doing more than they actually are! I'm sure the area will be nice when it's finished but 3 years! I'm glad universal is able to do new stuff so much quicker. Roll on HP phase II!!
There is no way it saves them money to go so slow. At the very least, you have to factor in inflation and in construction, inflation is extremely important to consider. My husband sells equipment that is used in large buildings. When he quotes a price to a buyer, the price is only good for three months.

I agree with the OP. This ride is taking far too long to complete. In my opinion its bordering on ridiculous. Especially when you take into account how quickly Universal has turned out some amazing attractions in the past few years.

When did they actually start working on the ride itself? I think some people are counting when they started moving and building the whole of the new Fantasyland as the start date of the new roller coaster. The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train started way into the project, just a bit over a year ago. 2014 has been the target date all along. Disney never said it would be open any quicker.

The length of time they have taken to redo fantasy land is down right crazy. They built the Panama Canal which included millions of cubic yards of concrete, digging thru a mountain range, a rail road and sanitation in only 10 yrs using 1900 equipment. Wondering just how long did it take them to build Disneyland in the 1950's. Considering the stuff that has been completed BOG is the biggest thing talked about it doesnt say much for the remake.

Not to mention that Universal will have built "London" quicker than this one kiddie coaster. :rolleyes:

There is no way it saves them money to go so slow. At the very least, you have to factor in inflation and in construction, inflation is extremely important to consider. My husband sells equipment that is used in large buildings. When he quotes a price to a buyer, the price is only good for three months.

It will not save them money to go slower but it may well help with the cash flow. Many projects are undertaken slowly for financial reasons and it is about capital expenditure phasing not saving expenditure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter