Settle a disagreement about TOT

BelleBriarRose

Disney Princess
Are there handles on the seats for you to grip onto and brace yourself on TOT? My friend says yes, there are handles on either side of your seat so you can hold yourself down onto the chair. I don't remember that being there. Who is right?

I believe there is on seat in the last row, center without handles...is this correct?
Amazing that I don’t know for sure since I’ve ridden TOT a gazillion times!

Okay, that makes sense! I know the last time I rode TOT I was in the center of the back row, and I looked for handles but didn't see any, so maybe that's why! I'm a total wimp about the ride now, so maybe I just need to make sure I get a seat with handles this time!

I rode for the first time in many years recently. Seems like there used to be a lap bar that went all the way across the row, so if you were a smaller person on a row with a larger person, the lap bar would allow you to rise up out of your seat. Now there are individual seat belts that hold you down. I liked it much better this way.

I rode for the first time in many years recently. Seems like there used to be a lap bar that went all the way across the row, so if you were a smaller person on a row with a larger person, the lap bar would allow you to rise up out of your seat. Now there are individual seat belts that hold you down. I liked it much better this way.
I don't remember that ever at WDW. Always seat belts for me.

Okay, that makes sense! I know the last time I rode TOT I was in the center of the back row, and I looked for handles but didn't see any, so maybe that's why! I'm a total wimp about the ride now, so maybe I just need to make sure I get a seat with handles this time!

Wow. When I rode it (back when I would bother going to Studios), if I was on the back row next to the center, I made it a point to let the center seat have the handles! (Granted part of that was self preservation so I did not get hit if their arms flew up, but still...)

I don't remember that ever at WDW. Always seat belts for me.
There was definitely a bar across the row of seats for awhile. For my DD’s first ride on it when she was 4 in 2008, the row had a lap bar for everyone. I had to hold onto her bc she was flying into the air. She hasn’t rode it since! One of these days I’ll talk her into it 😂

Thank you! I'll make sure I get one of those seats on my next trip. Somehow I've never gotten to grip a handle on TOT before, so I always get the full blast of the free-falling feeling, which I don't like.
All the seats have it.

All the seats have it.

I haven't been in almost 5 years so my memory isn't detailed enough to remember (which is why I asked the question in the first place) but I know I have never been able to grip a handle on TOT. Maybe there weren't handles on my particular seat, or maybe my neighbors had their hands on the handles and wouldn't share with me, idk. I just wanted to verify their existence, because I couldn't remember. Thanks all!

Thank you! I'll make sure I get one of those seats on my next trip. Somehow I've never gotten to grip a handle on TOT before, so I always get the full blast of the free-falling feeling, which I don't like.

I always ask if I can sit in the front row, at the end to the right (facing the ride as you enter). For years I have avoided this ride until I had the nerve to try it again, and was seated in this spot.

I remember this ! My poor daughter got plenty of 'air time' due to this.... and was terrified, hasnt been back on to this day :oops:

I remember this ! My poor daughter got plenty of 'air time' due to this.... and was terrified, hasnt been back on to this day :oops:

My husband still talks about flying out of the seat on ToT and it's why he won't go back on. The way he recalls it, his father or uncle had to reach his arm out to pull him back down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter