"Service Your Way" Program

I did know about the room checks. Do they leave a note that they have been there? I'd also decline housekeeping for the gift card.
They do not leave a note that they were there (to inspect, if you declined housekeeping).

Can you decline service for some days, but not all? We are there a week and would decline service if we could get a sheet change and vacuuming mid week.

Can you decline service for some days, but not all? We are there a week and would decline service if we could get a sheet change and vacuuming mid week.

Its an all or nothing thing - we did it back in November and got $120 or $130 due to being there 14 nights

I assume they were in our room every day of our stay since they came the 2 days we were in the room during the day. No note was left.

Regarding sheets, my son caught a 24 hour stomach bug during our trip and threw up in the pull down bed at POR. (Fun times.) We called for new sheets and they were there within 15 minutes.

Is opting out of room service the same amount per night for Value, Moderate and Deluxe resorts or are they all $10 per night?

Will they bring fresh sheets as well? I don't mind changing them myself but we are going to be there long enough that I'll want fresh ones....sweaty Florida and all...

I’m sure that they will, but keep in mind that making up hotel beds is not the same as it is at home where you have fitted sheets. All hotel sheets are flat, and it’s not easy to get them tucked in well enough to stay put while you’re asleep. Sweaty sheets are less gross to me than coming in contact with a mattress, but YMMV.

Personally, I would not opt out of housekeeping because I like it when someone other than myself is doing the cleaning. That is something that NEVER happens at home.

Nothing says “vacay” to me more somebody else running the vacuum. LOL!

I’m sure that they will, but keep in mind that making up hotel beds is not the same as it is at home where you have fitted sheets. All hotel sheets are flat, and it’s not easy to get them tucked in well enough to stay put while you’re asleep. Sweaty sheets are less gross to me than coming in contact with a mattress, but YMMV.

Personally, I would not opt out of housekeeping because I like it when someone other than myself is doing the cleaning. That is something that NEVER happens at home.

Nothing says “vacay” to me more somebody else running the vacuum. LOL!
Yeah..I'm debating. I agree, I don't WANT to clean the room, but honestly, I find myself doing it half the time anyway! lol!! I'm pretty adept at making the bed with a flat sheet in place of a fitted one, so I don't mind that so much.....it's just a matter whether or not its worth it to me. I really haven't decided if it is yet. Taking out my own trash will bother me more than anything else as silly as that sounds

I assume they were in our room every day of our stay since they came the 2 days we were in the room during the day. No note was left.

Regarding sheets, my son caught a 24 hour stomach bug during our trip and threw up in the pull down bed at POR. (Fun times.) We called for new sheets and they were there within 15 minutes.

Since you mentioned that they came by when you were in the room, can you answer some questions about that for me? First off, I'm assuming they knock. If you do not answer the door fast enough, would they just come in even if they realize you are there? I'm just wondering - what if we are getting dressed/showered? When they see that you are there, do they just stick their head in the room and then leave? Do they wander around your room and check things out?

My DH and I are just going for a relaxing anniversary trip when we go in August. We'll likely be in the room much more often than on trips when we go to the parks. I feel like this could be potentially be really awkward if they come in at random, so I'm curious to hear what that was like.

Since you mentioned that they came by when you were in the room, can you answer some questions about that for me? First off, I'm assuming they knock. If you do not answer the door fast enough, would they just come in even if they realize you are there? I'm just wondering - what if we are getting dressed/showered? When they see that you are there, do they just stick their head in the room and then leave? Do they wander around your room and check things out?

...I feel like this could be potentially be really awkward if they come in at random, so I'm curious to hear what that was like.
There is a huge thread about this!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/guest-experiences-with-daily-room-checks.3660888/

We always left the ‘do not distirb’ Sign on the door anyway. We only really ever use housekeeping for fresh towels so the fact that you can get the gift card but still get fresh towels and trash service, plus anything else you need, seems like a no-lose situation to me. Now I’m wondering what the catch is. You never get somethin’ for nothin’ especially from Disney.

My DH and I are just going for a relaxing anniversary trip when we go in August. We'll likely be in the room much more often than on trips when we go to the parks. I feel like this could be potentially be really awkward if they come in at random, so I'm curious to hear what that was like.

This is why you use the flip latch on the door when you're in the room. It's possible to be walked in on in any hotel - housekeepers stopping by to do something they forgot earlier, maintenance checking for leaks because the room upstairs had a plumbing problem, housekeeping managers checking someone's work. That's why hotels put that flip latch on their doors, so there aren't any awkward moments when a staff member walks in on someone who's not in a state to receive company.

Sure. Both times my husband answered the door, so not sure what he would do if we hadn't answered fast enough? I assume he would come in assuming we weren't there. When my husband answered the door, he said he was from security and needed to check out the room. When he told them we were napping, no offer was made to come back later. We didn't insist he come back later though, so not sure how he would handle it if we had? He came in, looked around the room, looked in the bathroom and left.

When he told them we were napping, no offer was made to come back later. We didn't insist he come back later though, so not sure how he would handle it if we had? He came in, looked around the room, looked in the bathroom and left.
This sounds weird to me. What on earth are they looking for?! I can't imagine why they would look in the bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter