Seriously thinking of Skipping Hollywood Studios this trip!!!

ToT, Rock n Roller Coaster and Toy Story are three of my top 6 or 7 rides at Disney, along with Splash Mtn. (closed when we are going in November, which is the 3d time in last 4 trips it has been closed :mad:>:(:furious:), Expedition Everest, Big Thunder and Test Track. Our son really enjoys Star Tours and the Star Wars stuff, and our daughter wants to see the Beauty show, so we'll spend some time at DHS. Certainly not a full day. We are staying at an Epcot resort and have park hoppers so I suspect we'll make several rope drop trips to DHS and do the rides/shows we want to do then head back to the resort for midday break and somewhere different in the evening.

So we leave for Disney in Oct, and I was just notified of yet another closure for Hollywood Studios. This seems like such a waste of a park ticket now with all the closures going on while they transition the park.

Looks like we will have 2 attractions open (Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. I cant count TOT or RockNRoller Coaster cause theyre too scary for us) and then the rest is all Meet and Greets and shows (Beauty and the Beast and Frozen sing a long, as we have already seen Fantasmic, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and The Indiana Jones Stunt show)

Bummer. We dont have Park Hopper tickets this trip so am I wrong for wanting to skip this park completely and just going to Epcot instead??? What are your thoughts???o_O

We definitely would not go without hoppers or AP's. It was already a half day park, now, the only ride I go for is TSM. Dh likes TOT and that's it!!! Would be a waste of a single park ticket IMO.

We definitely would not go without hoppers or AP's. It was already a half day park, now, the only ride I go for is TSM. Dh likes TOT and that's it!!! Would be a waste of a single park ticket IMO.
Yeah, if you don't have hoppers I'd think you want to make sure that you'll ride all the "big" rides there plus see a show or two. And maybe Fantasmic. But if getting there for rope drop and staying for Fantasmic that makes for a LONG day at the park.

I went in March with a 4 park, no hopper ticket where I could only go to each park once. So I didn't skip HS, but that was a very short day. Part of what I always liked was just wandering around taking in the overall theming. So much is closed off that it didn't take long to be done.

Will definitely skip on potential September trip. It's a dump right now. Will check it out after they complete SWL.

I know we've skipped it the last 2 trips and I used to really like the park. Just don't feel motivated for some reason. We can never get there early enough to find a manageable standby wait for Toy Story and I can't FP it because that limits FPs for my evening park. We'll probably skip it again this Dec.

I wonder if HS park attendance has dropped sharply this year - or if they have so many SW fans and first timers that numbers are still strong.

Good! I hope lots of people skip it. Then I can get a good view of the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. Last Nov I missed it because of the stupid Christmas show. I usually go for a morning EMH, hop to another park, and go back another evening because I love the atmosphere, neon lights, TOT at night. I am a big Muppets fan, like The Little Mermaid show, Beauty and the Beast. May check out the Frozen sing along which I have never seen, and then there is the music of Pixar Live now too.

Good! I hope lots of people skip it. Then I can get a good view of the Star Wars Galactic Spectacular. Last Nov I missed it because of the stupid Christmas show. I usually go for a morning EMH, hop to another park, and go back another evening because I love the atmosphere, neon lights, TOT at night. I am a big Muppets fan, like The Little Mermaid show, Beauty and the Beast. May check out the Frozen sing along which I have never seen, and then there is the music of Pixar Live now too.

I was thinking similar thoughts. I really hope people skip it on Thanksgiving Day :)

We are also going in October and will be skipping it as well. TSM would be the only ride for us and unless they do something like open a Sith Training Academy, my kids have no interest.

Go ahead and skip it. Really no reason to go there without Park hoppers or an AP at this time. Since we haven't started our APs yet and don't have park hoppers, we're skipping it now

If I were in your situation, I would skip it, too.

DH and I will not skip it in November, however. We will do RnRC (once is enough), ToT (2-3 times) TSMM (2-3 times) Frozen sing along, Indiana Jones show, Muppetvision, Meet Chewie and BB8, meet Baby Groot, music of Pixar (if it's still there), meet Olaf, March of the First Order, Star Wars: A Galaxy Far Far Away, plus we have never seen Fantasmic so hope to do that this year.

I'm activating my AP this fall (love the new DVC discount) so will probably stop by HS when I go in September. But I will definitely go in early December if only to check out the decorations.

HMMM. Interesting . . . we are going in Nov/Dec and we had 2 days planned at HS. We figured it would take 2 Days to see the shows & hit the main rides. Can it all be done in one day? We have a long trip planned, so we have plenty of time planned in the other parks. But, if we can do HS in ONE day, we may add a 1/2 day to MK and take a 1/2 day break . . .

I considered doing this as well, but the SW meet & greets are honestly pulling me in. I can't NOT meet Kylo Bae!

"meet Baby Groot"

Forgot about The Groot. Aw- I LOVE him. And never get tired of the muppets. Maybe we'll swing by for a few hours after all. :D

Totally agree! it used to be my favorite park at Christmas with all the lights. We are going for TOT, RnRc, TSM and lunch and are outta there!!

For me personally, I'd not waste a ticket on DHS.

I don't like scary roller coaster rides anyway.

So we leave for Disney in Oct, and I was just notified of yet another closure for Hollywood Studios. This seems like such a waste of a park ticket now with all the closures going on while they transition the park.

Looks like we will have 2 attractions open (Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. I cant count TOT or RockNRoller Coaster cause theyre too scary for us) and then the rest is all Meet and Greets and shows (Beauty and the Beast and Frozen sing a long, as we have already seen Fantasmic, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and The Indiana Jones Stunt show)

Bummer. We dont have Park Hopper tickets this trip so am I wrong for wanting to skip this park completely and just going to Epcot instead??? What are your thoughts???o_O

I am sure many will defend DHS as being a good value still. I think it depends on how many of the remaining attractions hold value for you. No one in my family will ride ToT. DS enjoys RnRC, DW does not, though she did ride with him. I haven't ridden it yet, and DD won't ever. Star Tours everyone but DD will ride, Toy Story we will all ride. What else is there? Indy Jones is an ok show. Beauty and the Beast eh. It is in a hot, open air theater, and isn't a great show. Little Mermaid is ok, and we do like Muppet Vision. What is left is fireworks, and Fantasmic. Basically, we get two rides (one for DD) and a couple of shows. What we've lost is the parade, Backstage Tour, Great Movie Ride, Lights Motors Action. It adds up to half of what we did in DHS. We will return in a couple of years when the current construction is done.

I went in March with a 4 park, no hopper ticket where I could only go to each park once. So I didn't skip HS, but that was a very short day. Part of what I always liked was just wandering around taking in the overall theming. So much is closed off that it didn't take long to be done.

This is exactly what I did in January...a mostly solo trip with four park days and no hopper. I rode everything (RnRC twice), saw the Little Mermaid show and the Frozen sing-a-long, wandered through One Man's Dream and watched the film, sat and ate a pretzel, and stood around for almost half an hour to watch some streetmosphere performers...and I was still done by 2:30.

It sounds like going there will not be of value to you.

DHS still holds value for us since we have small kids and we like shows and meet & greets - WDW isn't all about the rides for us. I love ToT, Star Tours and RnRC but don't ride them right now since we have small kids now and I focus the trip on stuff they can do. We like the relaxed nature of DHS. See a show, do a meet and greet, etc. You still feel the magic of being in a Disney park but it's a slower pace than the other parks (and we like to take it slow anyways - we do rope drop to close daily but don't rush from ride to ride.)

While DHS still holds value for us, it doesn't sound like it would for you and I would skip it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter