Seriously thinking of Skipping Hollywood Studios this trip!!!

I live in Orlando and haven't been going to DHS of late. Especially with GMR closing next month, I feel like this park is going to be less than a half day park. Even with the shows, it doesn't have enough to fill up a full day. If you want to find a way to fill up a day and enjoy yourself, I would do DHS in the morning, walk over to Boardwalk or Yacht / Beach for lunch and then after lunch, head over to World Showcase and spend time around the World Showcase.

Until Disney beefs up Future World in EPCOT and gets Star Wars and Pixar lands open in DHS, I think both of these parks are less than full day parks and if you plan it out correctly, you can really fit both of these parks in to one day. But, it also depends on how much you enjoy ToT and RR.

We love RnR and ToT but I've never been a huge fan of HS.
I would gladly skip it altogether this trip but since our visits are further apart than we would like, the kids don't want to miss it.
I'm planning on spending just 1/2 day and then will use the other 1/2 to walk around DS and dinner at Raglan Road.

We decided to simply hit the park for 3 hours before the Xmas party. Grab a quick lunch, hit TSMM, Star Tours, Tower of Terror, and the single rider line on Rock n Roller Coaster and we're out. The fireworks and shows aren't worth skipping another 1/2 day at AK later in the trip for us!

So we leave for Disney in Oct, and I was just notified of yet another closure for Hollywood Studios. This seems like such a waste of a park ticket now with all the closures going on while they transition the park.

Looks like we will have 2 attractions open (Toy Story Mania and Star Tours. I cant count TOT or RockNRoller Coaster cause theyre too scary for us) and then the rest is all Meet and Greets and shows (Beauty and the Beast and Frozen sing a long, as we have already seen Fantasmic, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and The Indiana Jones Stunt show)

Bummer. We dont have Park Hopper tickets this trip so am I wrong for wanting to skip this park completely and just going to Epcot instead??? What are your thoughts???o_O

You have plenty of opinions already, but I figured it couldn't hurt to offer my two cents here!

My family and I decided to skip DHS when we visited this past May because, like you, we only were interested in a few attractions, and our trip was a little shorter than normal. We always like to spend three days in MK, and we added an extra day in EPCOT so that we could get FPs for both the new Soarin' and Frozen Ever After. However, I do regret skipping DHS a little because Star Tours is one of my favorite rides, and we could have gone on the Great Movie Ride one last time before it closed.

That said, if you aren't getting PHs and you don't have an extra day, I'd agree that it doesn't make sense to spend a day at DHS for only two attractions.

My kids love the Launch Bay! If your family enjoys Star Wars, I would definitely go to HS. It's actually become one of our favorite parks!

I think that when you have a family with small kids then Skip HS ...You have attraktions like RNRC and TOT (Funfact: TOT=Death in German:tongue:)
But allot of smaller Children won't want to ride them ....
So you just have ST and TSM ... We have park hopper and maybe just go for a half day. But Disney really has to do SOMETHING untill SWL and TSL opens!!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

One Man's Dream is still open, but the Florida Project part (which was my favorite) has been scrapped to become a Guardians M&G (argh! they weren't happy taking my beloved ToT from DCA?) and the film is now a Pixar commercial.

Matt[/QUOTE]

What was the Fl project? Many years ago I gave tours for YES groups. The first thing the group did was see the One Man's Dream film and then they would draw with an animator. I can't remember any FL project. Maybe it wasn't there in 2000?

Have you considered doing a half day at Studios, taking a nap at the hotel, and then spending the rest of the day at Disney Springs or the Boardwalk?

We have a day planned in October, but we're planning to leave for a meal and then return to see F! Right now I actually have 2 ADRs that we need to choose from. one for lunch at ESPN club (thinking we could take the boat over and relax a little) Our other one is for 1900 Park Fare for 4:20, dinner with the Step Sisters, which I've heard is great! BUT F! is scheduled at 7:30 that day, so I am not sure we can make it back in time!?! I've gotten mixed reports about that (which is why I still have both ADRs) I'd prefer 1900 Park Fare, but we do not want to miss F! I would love some more input! THANKS!!

I've always loved the atmosphere at Hollywood Studios, and I could never miss riding Tower of Terror, especially since I couldn't get my fix at Disneyland last time I was there. Also love all the Star Wars offerings. But there's no denying it's really half a park these days

Skip if your not gonna do rocking roller coaster or TOT. Its a shame, the park is gorgeous but was pretty bleak this August....

We went one morning and I love the two above mentioned rides but if it weren't for that we would have skipped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter