Serious Lag when posting???

Yesterday and today have been absolutely horrid.. Doesn't matter if it's day or night - early or late..

When I try to start a new thread, it will just sit there and spin and spin.. If I stop it - and hit the submit button again - I will get the screen that tells me it's a dupicate - and again, it will spin and spin forever before it redirects me.. Once I've been redirected though, 9 out of 10 times the thread never appears on the board that I tried to start the new thread on.. Just - poof! - gone into Never-Never-Land..

Opening threads from my user page is next to impossible.. Opening them from the main page is next to impossible.. I've been timing how long it takes to open a thread and it has been 6 to 7 minutes on average.. Going to the 2nd page of a thread often won't open at all - it just hangs on the first page indefinitely..

Responding to a thread is equally slow.. It will spin and spin for several minutes.. If I leave it alone, "eventually" (talking minutes here) it will go through - sometimes.. If I stop it and resubmit, I'll get the duplicate notice and it will hang for quite some time before it redirects.. Or sometimes, it won't redirect at all..

No problems anywhere else on the internet - only here.. There was one period when things improved significantly - I think it may have been Sunday morning - but by evening the same problems were happening.. This has been going on since May 9th and seems to be worsening with each passing day..

Hope I gave you enough details.. :flower:

Ditto. Bad stuff today. Bad for at least the past week.

There are random periods of responsiveness, but about 60% of the time it will take a minute or more to load a page, post a message, edit a message, etc.

Another really bad DIS day here for me as well. L-O-N-G lags to read/reply. Often times, once the page finally loads just get an error message that "web site not responding". Doesn't seem to matter what time of the day either. I was on early this morning, during the afternoon and now tonight. Experienced all day long on and off. :confused3

I've been at Disney World and just got back Saturday 5/21. Sunday 5/22 and today the response time on the DIS has been awful. I'm on gigabit ethernet at work (other sites are fine) and cable broadband at home (again others are good).

I've had trouble both reading and posting. Forever lag time to open a thread continues today - right now. From time to time it will seem to free up, but that has been short lived.

Good luck webmasters!

ETA this post took five minutes to complete.

Yup.....still problems here as well. I replied to a thread this morning and it never showed up just now when I went to check. I had hit the reply button and got "web site not responding" like I do 75% of the time. But usually my post will still show up. This time it did not :confused3
Also, unable to log on at all on and off during the day today. Use AOL for Broadband (cable modem).

For the past week, it's gotten worse and worse for me :confused3

MiaSRN62 said:
Another really bad DIS day here for me as well. L-O-N-G lags to read/reply. Often times, once the page finally loads just get an error message that "web site not responding". Doesn't seem to matter what time of the day either. I was on early this morning, during the afternoon and now tonight. Experienced all day long on and off. :confused3

I am receiving the same message "web site not responding", with v-e-r-y
l-o-n-g waits also!!! :rolleyes1
I posted a few replys to threads, and I`m getting the same message.
Then, when I try to reply again, I get a message that I can`t post ANOTHER reply for 40 seconds :confused3 my ISP is AOL also.
Can someone PLEEEASE tell us what`s the trouble!!
Thank you

wish I had an answer, we are looking at things but haven't found the problem yet

Even trying to say "thank you Alex",for letting us know ,YOU know whats going on, is giving me a problem!!! :sad2: :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter