Serious Lag when posting???

mudnuri

<font color=deeppink>I HATE it when I miss somethi
When I post a new thread or reply, there is serious lag, takes forever for the page to load...

Any ideas????

Brandy

We're looking at it... Not sure what the cause is right now, but we'll figure it out.

:badpc:

(By "we'll figure it out", I mean we'll all pester Alex about it until *he* figures it out. ;) )

I just made a few more changes, let's see if it helps

I am having alot of problems too. It lags when I try to post a reply. But, if I try to start a thread with a poll, it just freezes and does not let me go to the poll page. I can wait 5 mins or more. If I hit the button again, I go to a page that says I have already posted that thread. But, it never lets me post my poll.

I have dial up internet service and I wonder if that is a big part of my problem....??

WebmasterAlex said:
That could definitely be part of the problem

Certainly not my problem- T1 at work, and DSL here.......everything else flies....just the dis draggin

Brandy

Is it dragging when you go to post? Or when you are reading threads too

Alex,

I have noticed this too. Both at work and at home, I will submit a post and it will hang. If I do not let the page load up, and click to the thread again, the post is there. However, it is not a situation that I can reproduce, so I wish i could be more helpful.

I don't know if its a bandwidth thing or not...

(Editing to say:) Ironically, it happened on this post!

I've been having this problem too. It's even hard to get on the board from my favorites list. Then it's hanging and the green bars are moving ever so slowly - often I have time to go to the kitchen to get a snack by the time my post finally goes through. Reading isn't as much of a problem, sometimes it is when I try to read the second page of a thread.

This evening has been better however. :)

I'm having problems as well (have broadband cable connection). Sometimes get "web site not responding" when trying to sign on to boards and very often get this message when trying to either post or edit a post of mine. It's been going on for many days now but yesterday was particularily bad.

I don't know what is going on - yesterday evening, it was much better, but today it's been really bad again.

It would be helpful if you could be specific. For example today I am flying around the boards reading but posting or editing seems to take a long time

Posting, editing and even signing on the DIS boards can have a long lag time. Most times after I reply to a post and hit "submit" it lags for awhile and then I get "web site not responding". Not sure if this is exactly what everyone else is experiencing. I actually couldn't even sign on to the boards between 3 and 4 pm est today.

I am having that problem too. Sometimes it will go right to a new thread like usual but most of the time it will take a good minute or more to load a page. Usually when I post a reply, it takes well over a minute to load to the new page. I feel like I have dial-up service on a BAD day on this board lately but I have a cable connection at a high speed and a new computer with a lot of speed. Usually the pages just pop up, but lately I get the tool bar loading thing at the bottom of the page that just inches along.

Another thing I noticed was that the counters for the view/replies are not working properly. The reply number for posts from the past few days is always one more then the view counter number. If there are say 10 replies, there will be 11 views. It is on every post that way, except for the ones that have been around for a long time. I know there are posts that I have looked at, but not replied to a few times and that is not registering. Could this have something to do with the slowness?

Alex, I have been having problems for ten days or so.

It is slower than usual to navigate around. When I click on "post reply" the form appears quite quickly. When I click "submit" it takes an age to do so, eventually resulting in a "server busy or broken" message.

Invarioably the post will have posted, but often does not appear for another 4 to 5 minutes (???) despite me trying refresh, closing the Dis totally and relaunching etc.

Other times when I am doing a post it will tell me it is a duplicate when it definitely isn't. The first time it happened I was unsure if maybe I'd goofed and posted twice, but it has happened several times since, at times when I know I haven't clicked "submit" twice in error.

Hope these specifics help a little, and thank you for your help in sorting this out :)

Regards,

Karen

I should have said - I'm on a 1MB Broadband connection and I can fly around the rest of the internet quickly!

DIS boards seem to be really bad today ! I am constantly getting "web site not responding" whenever I try to log on, read threads, post a reply etc. Seems they keep coming up and down. At times they're running smoothly, then after 20 min they go back to "not responding" ? Anyone else having a particularily difficult time today ? I have broadband connection/AOL.

That's weird, they are actually much better for me today!

The boards have been horrible for me for over a week now too. At times I can get on just fine, but then when I try to go to a forum list it just sits there for what seems like 2-3 minutes. I usually get frustrated and just close it down. Just now it took me almost 3 minutes to get into this thread from the time I clicked on the Tech Support fourm link. I don't post much, so I can't provide feedback on that, but just surfing is close to impossible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter