September crew... what are you doing?

95% sure I’ll be cancelling Sept 6-10 but will give it until the last possible minute as we know this is a roller coaster and anything can happen. Currently no quarantine for Colorado. Every aspect of my trip is cancelable until earliest 48hrs out so I’ll know by Sept 4th. I’ve come to terms with giving up this trip but if next May gets iffy I’ll start the crying.

95% sure I’ll be cancelling Sept 6-10 but will give it until the last possible minute as we know this is a roller coaster and anything can happen. Currently no quarantine for Colorado. Every aspect of my trip is cancelable until earliest 48hrs out so I’ll know by Sept 4th. I’ve come to terms with giving up this trip but if next May gets iffy I’ll start the crying.
ya, same. come to terms. hard to watch people going though, a little jealous, yet not, maybe "fomo" ....

We are currently booked at Boulder Ridge on our DVC points from September 7-12. We are proceeding as though we are still going, but I know in my heart that we probably will have to cancel. The only thing we will lose is the cost of our nonrefundable Frontier flights, but thankfully those were pretty inexpensive.

We are scheduled to go 9/7 to 9/17. we are going to wait a few more weeks before deciding on what to do. But I know deep down we will probably cancel.

Unlike most people here (it seems), I would say that I am about 90% sure that we WILL still go on our Labor Day trip. We are within driving distance (Atlanta), so getting here isn't too hard. Plus we are DVC, and we come pretty often anyway. Even if we can't get theme park tickets (which we don't have yet) or park reservations, we probably will end up coming just to have a nice long weekend trip enjoying the resort, pools, and dining at the resort and Disney Springs. Then again, if quarantine situation changes, we might decide to cancel.

Unlike most people here (it seems), I would say that I am about 90% sure that we WILL still go on our Labor Day trip. We are within driving distance (Atlanta), so getting here isn't too hard. Plus we are DVC, and we come pretty often anyway. Even if we can't get theme park tickets (which we don't have yet) or park reservations, we probably will end up coming just to have a nice long weekend trip enjoying the resort, pools, and dining at the resort and Disney Springs. Then again, if quarantine situation changes, we might decide to cancel.
I’m going the week before Labor Day and still plan on going. We have tickets and park reservations and are renting dvc. We aren’t in a high risk group, so I really have zero concerns. I think that as long as the parks are open and Disney lets us in (from Texas), we will be there for what I believe will be a very memorable trip!

I got my ADRs this morning. And I got reservations for Droid Depot. My husband is still letting me go through the planning, but I really think he will end up pulling the plug on in by the end of July. I just really want to go somewhere other than work and home.

We will still be going at this point for our trip starting 9/11.

We have flights booked but if we decided not to fly we are in a drivable distance and coming from a state not on the quarantine list.

We drove down to go to Universal a few weeks ago and had a good experience so we are looking forward to Disney

Where did you get moved from? We really liked CBC. Except for the busses. Now that it’s on the skyline, I’d think it’d be fine.

We were moved from Port Orleans French Quarter. We chose that Resort because it's so small. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort several years ago when our kids were small and really liked it, but for this adult only trip we just really are choosing not to stay there so we went ahead and upgraded. No big deal. I still think the resort is nice just not what we were looking for for this trip.

We are scheduled for 8/30-9/3 for my bachelorette trip. As of now we are still planning on going. From NC so right now we have no travel restrictions. I rescheduled a May trip with my family to later in Sept. and already cancelled that. It was with family, including my grandmother and they weren't thrilled about the limited experience and my grandmother is in a high risk group

100% going on our 9/26-10/1 trip unless Disney closes again. And if the parks do close we’re still going since we snagged $53 RT airfare. Couldn’t believe it. We’ll find something to do.

Was able to buy tickets for the kids and get park reservations this morning. All dates were still green except for the first week after opening.

Well we bought our park tickets and made our reservations this morning. Looks like we’re pretty much definitely going!

sigh of a relief now that tix are purchased and park ressies are made for everyone in our group.
labor day trip is 8 weeks away and i can now let myself get excited about it!

unsure about the quarantine as we are coming from the northeast, but if things don't settle down i would be fine getting a test before the trip and/or upon return to be able to avoid the quarantine since i know my employer is allowing that in lieu of the 14 days.

FYI, there is no provision in the current Florida EO for testing in lieu of quarantine. It might help coming home but will do nothing about going down.

We just cancelled our hotel at Pop Century since we were only staying onsite for free dining. We purchased new park tickets this morning and reserved our parks. For the same amount of money (even after our 35% discount), we now have a 4 bedroom, 4 bath townhouse at Windsor Hills with large private pool and hot tub!!! We enjoy staying onsite, but since there are no dining plans (and mask requirements), offsite made much more sense.

My experience this morning was seamless going from purchasing tickets to making park reservations. DW and I have APs but we had three guests without tickets. When checking park availability, all dates through October were green, except for the first week after opening and those days were yellow.

There was a lot of speculation heading into June 22 that there was no need for everyone to be on the site first thing. I got up at 4AM and went through a couple of hours of trial and error to get September dates. Now it seems I was just clogging up the system for those wanting July dates. I could have waited.

I should have waited...

We were moved from Port Orleans French Quarter. We chose that Resort because it's so small. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort several years ago when our kids were small and really liked it, but for this adult only trip we just really are choosing not to stay there so we went ahead and upgraded. No big deal. I still think the resort is nice just not what we were looking for for this trip.

Gotcha! Totally get the idea. We choose POFQ for our adults only trips most times, too.

Seems this fall will be the trip of many compromises for most of us!

We shall persevere 😍

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter