• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September crew... what are you doing?

We just cancelled our hotel at Pop Century since we were only staying onsite for free dining. We purchased new park tickets this morning and reserved our parks. For the same amount of money (even after our 35% discount), we now have a 4 bedroom, 4 bath townhouse at Windsor Hills with large private pool and hot tub!!! We enjoy staying onsite, but since there are no dining plans (and mask requirements), offsite made much more sense.

Love Windsor Hills! Would’ve done the same thing except have rented DVC points. It’s our 25th Anniversary and had DDX and tons of ADRs. Now it’ll be a bunch of Magical Dining reservations instead.

Cancelled our trip today. Quarantine both ways and halloween party being cancelled just made it not worth it anymore to us. We still have everything booked for December though. It's sad that even that doesn't feel certain.

sigh of a relief now that tix are purchased and park ressies are made for everyone in our group.
labor day trip is 8 weeks away and i can now let myself get excited about it!

unsure about the quarantine as we are coming from the northeast, but if things don't settle down i would be fine getting a test before the trip and/or upon return to be able to avoid the quarantine since i know my employer is allowing that in lieu of the 14 days.
from what i have read that's not really an option. it's because covid has an incubation period so if you test negative in that moment in time on that day it doesn't mean you aren't incubating it from your trip and you won't have covid positive days later after the test. our business isn't providing that option and i haven't read anywhere that that is a skirt around to avoid the quarantine in the tri state area. it's an added recommendation though when u get off of a flight from fl for ex. to get tested plus quarantine but not instead of.....

from what i have read that's not really an option. it's because covid has an incubation period so if you test negative in that moment in time on that day it doesn't mean you aren't incubating it from your trip and you won't have covid positive days later after the test. our business isn't providing that option and i haven't read anywhere that that is a skirt around to avoid the quarantine in the tri state area. it's an added recommendation though when u get off of a flight from fl for ex. to get tested plus quarantine but not instead of.....

so my employer IS providing that option
unsure if i need to quarantine upon entry into FL if i'm coming from PA anyway?

so my employer IS providing that option
unsure if i need to quarantine upon entry into FL if i'm coming from PA anyway?
PA isn't on FL's list (yet), but FL is on PA's list. But PA's list is a recommendation, not a mandate (so far).

We’re starting to discuss how it may not happen for us at this point. Still holding out hope since for us it’s still 10 weeks away. But we are definitely looking at other options in case.

We bought tickets, linked them and made park reservations today. I feel so much better knowing we won't be taking the trip and not going into the parks. My dh and daughter have been patiently waiting to go to GE and now they'll finally get to. So, we're officially ON for September. :)

Just moved our August trip (was a cancelled April trip) to the last week of September. Here's hoping COVID looks better in Fla by then.

rethinking my decision to go yet again lol The mask and heat is really The only thing I’m worried about(and of course if the Covid numbers are still skyhigh not going down) but I keep telling myself with all the indoor rides that are air-conditioned and the relaxation stations and stopping to get snacks or bites to eat maybe we can do it

gosh darn it to be honest if we weren’t getting such a good deal Price on this vacation plus upgraded room with my daughter about to turn three we have five in our family really makes our vacation a lot more expensive starting end of September This decision would probably be even easier

I think I read somewhere that you can’t walk/eat and drink or maybe it was all just a big joke? Curious about that because with the heat you’re gonna need to rehydrate a lot

We were taking our DGD2 in September for her first trip and it would have also been our DDIL's first trip! We were SO excited but between the mask for her and the lack of character meals, parades, etc. we decided to wait :( Very sad about that!
My family and I went to Universal right after they reopened in June and it was wonderful! DH and I are going to Disney July 24th and we have another trip booked for November. We go often enough that what's available vs. what's not doesn't matter so much to us but for a "first trip" I think it's worth waiting.

First Trip should likely be a wait for most people. I've been multiple times and don't do the character meets so I'm not missing anything. If a kid is all about rides - then go now 😂. (That was my 6 year old niece - I don't want to meet characters, I don't want to stand here for a show - she just wanted to go on rides) Seeing the low ride waits makes me wish I was there now. I'll be there 2 months from today.

Over 15k cases reported in FL today - wow. From the msn article: "If Florida were a country, it would rank fourth in the world for the most new cases a day behind the United States, Brazil and India."

I have a DVC rental I'm stuck with but definitely won't be going if the numbers continue to be this bad.

So far we are still planning on going. Delaware's stats don't look too bad compared to the rest of the US (though the southern part of the state where the beaches are is really bad). I'm looking through Florida's stats and am a little weary. For Orange county, it looks like it is 18,000 cases for a 1.39 million population, or 129 positives per 10,000 people. I just don't like the trends from the past 3 weeks compared to earlier in the pandemic - they've gained about 145,000 new cases since June 21, which is ~57% of the state's cumulative cases since covid began. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is the peak that was estimated to be around this time of year, but I'm cautious that if it keeps on rising like this there will be a good chance of the parks/state closing again.

This might just be the nerdy nurse in me venting, but I hate Florida's covid stats platform with a passion. Give us a rate per 10,000 people so we can really tell the severity instead of misleading us with "530 people are positive in this zipcode", when there are 26,600 people in that zipcode.

We just cancelled our trip last week, that was set for mid-September. It was with a DVC owner who was willing to refund so we wait our refund, minus some compensation (we are fine with the compensation since this is an owner we have used the past two or three trips). He was able to get all his points back without any issues.

Ours is still scheduled for mid Sept, but there's just no way to know if it will happen or not. Switched up to snag the 40% AP discount that came out, so ended up with Contemporary main tower theme park view. That got me all excited about it again, but nothing to do but wait.

I think I read somewhere that you can’t walk/eat and drink or maybe it was all just a big joke? Curious about that because with the heat you’re gonna need to rehydrate a lot
From what I've seen and heard, you cannot walk while you are eating and drinking. You absolutely can stop off to the side of a walkway and do so. Then you can reapply your mask and keep walking. They don't want people to carry a drink and then use that as an excuse to not wear a mask.

I thought it was if you're actively eating or drinking, it's fine? But I'm not sure on that one. However, actively eating or drinking means put that mask back on between sips or bites, while walking. I'd trip and break a leg, no way. But snagging sips from your water bottle is fine.

I have watched a few of the live streams from yesterday at MK. I saw several people walking with a mask off while eating/drinking. I plan to drink a gazillion bottles of water, so I hope it is allowed. This heat has got me second guessing myself, but I'm also stuck with a DVC rental, so I will be there. We have been searching around for a good, lightweight fabric to make some masks out of. I ordered the ones from Disney and they're comfy but could be hot.

I feel like by the end of September, when we go, Covid numbers will be somewhat lower. Not gone, but better. That's a full 2 months away.

I have to pay the balance on my trip on august 9th. I’m still so torn on going or not going! My heart says POP..... my head says not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter