September crew... what are you doing?

We have trip booked for End of September early Oct. Split stay at Copper Creek and Beach Club Villas. Issue for us is that we havent bought out park tickets yet. So need those to go back on sale.

Other biggest disappointment my group and i have is park hopping being gone. We were hoping for multiple evenings in EPCOT.

Im in the minority (here at least it appears) in that COVID doesnt worry/bother me. Just bummed about park hopping/Dining plans being gone. But only thing that will stop us from going in Sept is the park being closed again.

We have trip booked for End of September early Oct. Split stay at Copper Creek and Beach Club Villas. Issue for us is that we havent bought out park tickets yet. So need those to go back on sale.

Other biggest disappointment my group and i have is park hopping being gone. We were hoping for multiple evenings in EPCOT.

Im in the minority (here at least it appears) in that COVID doesnt worry/bother me. Just bummed about park hopping/Dining plans being gone. But only thing that will stop us from going in Sept is the park being closed again.
I"m really hoping the hopping comes back sooner than later. IF the parks aren't full they might bring it back.

I"m really hoping the hopping comes back sooner than later. IF the parks aren't full they might bring it back.

Yeah i had it all worked out in my head and dont see why it would be so tough. Stick with me....

1. Say each park caps at 30% full per day (using theoretical numbers)
2. Say no hopping before 4PM.
3. In the DIsney App it shows what percentage full each park is.
4. (This part would make some people mad) But after 4PM if you are not in your park you started the day at you have to "resign up for a reservation". But as long as you dont leave the park then you are good.
5. At 4PM if your ticket has the hopper added to it then you can claim a reservation at a new park if the current capacity is below the max percentage.

That would let people hop and still keep capacities down to a controlled level.

Yeah i had it all worked out in my head and dont see why it would be so tough. Stick with me....

1. Say each park caps at 30% full per day (using theoretical numbers)
2. Say no hopping before 4PM.
3. In the DIsney App it shows what percentage full each park is.
4. (This part would make some people mad) But after 4PM if you are not in your park you started the day at you have to "resign up for a reservation". But as long as you dont leave the park then you are good.
5. At 4PM if your ticket has the hopper added to it then you can claim a reservation at a new park if the current capacity is below the max percentage.

That would let people hop and still keep capacities down to a controlled level.
I think it could be even easier than that. You could just check the app and if there is space just sign up. It cold be any time of day.

According to some posts on the News/Rumors board it seems like the 14-day quarantine if arriving from the tri-state area just got extended another 60 days. Kind of looks like the decision was made for me and will be cancelling my September trip.

Same here - will have to cancel now. Takes away having something to look forward to. Also makes our DVC APs a huge waste of money this year.

I am still so totally bummed that we got moved to Caribbean Beach resort. I really don't want to stay there at all. I was really wishing some kind of discount would come out so I could move up to a deluxe property but it looks like nothing will be available for the rest of the year. I just really hate to stay at a hotel I don't want to be at.
Where did you get moved from? We really liked CBC. Except for the busses. Now that it’s on the skyline, I’d think it’d be fine.

According to some posts on the News/Rumors board it seems like the 14-day quarantine if arriving from the tri-state area just got extended another 60 days. Kind of looks like the decision was made for me and will be cancelling my September trip.
Just cancelled, coming from NYS don’t need to stress anymore about it! Just going to have a heck of a trip next summer Hopefully🤗

We can drive and are booked for last week of September so we are anxiously watching and waiting.

200.gif

Do you have your "Park Reservations" for September? In addition to your tickets you need to make a "Park Reservation" and you need a ticket before you can make the reservation. Reading thru the thread a lot of people are still planning their September visits. Word to the wise planners out there you need to be aware some parks are already booked out the beginning of September. Bottom line is you may come to DW but will not be able to get into the parks. Start planning sooner than later-the park reservations are going quickly!

Last edited:
Do you have your "Park Reservations" for September? Reading thru the thread a lot of people are still planning their September visits. Word to the wise planners out there you need to be aware some parks are already booked out the beginning of September. Bottom line is you may come to DW but will not be able to get into the parks. Start planning sooner than later-the park reservations are going quickly!

The only days in September that have limited availability are the 5th, 6th and 12th and that is only for APs.

Do you have your "Park Reservations" for September? In addition to your tickets you need to make a "Park Reservation" and you need a ticket before you can make the reservation. Reading thru the thread a lot of people are still planning their September visits. Word to the wise planners out there you need to be aware some parks are already booked out the beginning of September. Bottom line is you may come to DW but will not be able to get into the parks. Start planning sooner than later-the park reservations are going quickly!

Us? Yeah we are AP and had a DVC reservation Since October 2019. All 6 days of park reservations already reserved.

so with the extended 14 day quarantine that finished us i guess as my stay was aug. 31 to aug. 5. I told my dh and his response was: " wait, you thought we were even going?!" . oh, hmm...yes, i did for awhile. like in my head....
anyway, because we are honest people we adhere to quarantine guidelines. i think i'm bothered that others don't but i know i shouldn't , and not care what others do, but i guess i do. anyway quarantine (regardless of what i think the real motivations are behind them politically) means there is high covid so what am I thinking anyway. I guess I have to hit the cancel button?! ugh. Maybe I can just wait until the least possible time...!

Our mid Sept. trip is basically done. The return quarantine is no problem but the FL is. Now time to battle DVC about banked points that we will supposedly lose. Also have APs that are basically wasting away and wasting the money we paid. Sucks not to have something to look forward too.

Our mid Sept. trip is basically done. The return quarantine is no problem but the FL is. Now time to battle DVC about banked points that we will supposedly lose. Also have APs that are basically wasting away and wasting the money we paid. Sucks not to have something to look forward too.
The extended order only goes til September 5 so you might be fine if you want to wait it out.

Our trip is 9/7, way too close for comfort. I still haven’t told my TA to cancel but I think at this point that’s just a formality ☹️☹️

It would depend on how DVC handles cancellations since their policy is usually if you cancel under 30 days you have to use the points within 60 days and with my husbands work travel schedule there is nothing we could book in that timeframe. Still find it interesting that the tri state area is singled out on not any of the other hotspots. Guess those states can have their vacations and maybe bring some more cases to FL

Have a dvc reservation but can't buy tickets yet for September trip or maybe never. I live in NY state so I'm worried about Florida's quarantine on nys residents. Do airlines make you fill out paperwork when you land? Just don't wanna get down there and not be able to check in. Also have to worry about coming back to ny. I'm an essential worker so shouldn't have to quarantine in ny. Everything can change just so stressful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter