• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September Check-in - September has Arrived!

We hit the road tomorrow evening and plan to arrive in Disney on 9/14 to hit DCA for EE! Plan is to have some breakfast @ Flo's! So ready for vacation.....it does look to be very hot while we are there....I got one of the Frog Toggs chilly pad cooling towels....might get another one so the kids don't "fight" over it.

10524208_10153210887992627_4776161018444834539_o.jpg

ready to go :)

We hit the road tomorrow evening and plan to arrive in Disney on 9/14 to hit DCA for EE! Plan is to have some breakfast @ Flo's! So ready for vacation.....it does look to be very hot while we are there....I got one of the Frog Toggs chilly pad cooling towels....might get another one so the kids don't "fight" over it.

I'll see you at rope drop at DCA Monday morning! Have you been to the parks this time of year before?

Anyone going next week get the feeling it's going to be packed? Honestly I live in Utah and I can't tell you how many people I've run into in my day to day activities who have told me they are going next week. I know friends of friends going...not to mention all the people on several Disney boards saying they will be there next week.

We leave on Sunday - haven't packed yet ;) I'm looking at those Frog Tog cooling towels - It's going to be HOT... :eek:

I called multiple times a few weeks ago to see if we could extend our stay a day in our standard room reservation but they said they were completely booked with standard rooms so we would have to upgrade to a premium view. We did, but it seemed weird to me too that it is SO packed during a school week... hoping that it isn't. :(

I called multiple times a few weeks ago to see if we could extend our stay a day in our standard room reservation but they said they were completely booked with standard rooms so we would have to upgrade to a premium view. We did, but it seemed weird to me too that it is SO packed during a school week... hoping that it isn't. :(

Depending on the days you are there, it could be fuller for Dapper Days. Maybe people down for the Hallowe'en stuff and then staying later.

(and not everyone is back in school-no one in BC (Canada) is back yet-school strike. Because of that, I know two of my nieces will be there starting tomorrow for a week).

Great high crowds with searing heat. The whole reason I didn't go in the summer. And higher crowds with lower hours is even worse. If it does end up being really crowded then we've proven that all those planning sites that predict crowds are fairly useless. I mean some are saying today (Dapper Days) is a low crowd day.

The crowds were very light yesterday. My BFF had a 1 day 1 park ticket. We rode everything we wanted to from 11am-3pm at Disneyland. In all the 10 years I have been coming that was the smallest crowd.

It was really hot and I know the next few days it will just get hotter...stay hydrated...bring an umbrella?

Have fun!

I don't think next week is going to be anything like yesterday. Everyone was waiting for the Halloweed decorations to come up until they came to the parks I guess. It may taper off a bit by Wed but it seems many are making a longer trip out of it and a lot are coming in Thursday for next weekend.

The Thursday will be tough because park is only open till 5:00. May be a crazy day.

Hello all,

Hope you are enjoying your holiday if you are here now, like us. Crazy Hot, but we are Queenslanders and our summers are similar to this ;)

We were off to what I thought was a bad start to the day, left the hotel room later than anticipated. We had a 10 reservation for Carnation Café, we hit the security area at about 10.10-10.15 (yep already late for it). Then WOW the lines were the biggest we have seen since starting our time in the parks last Thursday. Wasn't this supposed to be off peak? and a weekday? lol. Anyway, we made it to Carnation Café by about 10.30 and all was good, seated us right away, kids wanted an inside table as they were already sweating from me rushing them to the entrance haha.

Pixie Dust coming soon ....... but next up was the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for my twins (girl/boy) Princess Snow White for her and a Knight for him. Just gorgeous and worth every penny for the Castle Package from the moment they sat in the chairs they were beaming. DD felt like princess all day and has already declared she wants to wear the dress again tomorrow, heat? what heat? :rotfl2:

Now for the Pixie Dust pixiedust: We hit the last show of Beauty and the Beast, hung around after to see if Belle would come out (a few others did too) but being the last show they said she was off to prepare for the parade :( So my DS (the Knight was being a knight slaying dragons and almost wiped out a Cast Member walking behind him. We apologised. She was lovely said she had all boys and 17 grand and great grandsons, so she was used to boys lol. We started chatting in general about kids, school, etc. She noticed DD in her princess outfit and said, I don't get to do much for girls often. She sent for another Cast Member who presented DD with a Cinderella's slipper and DS with a Pirate Patch pixiedust: But wait there's more ...... did you get on all the rides you wanted today she asked the kids .... We replied no we knew it would be a slow ride day due to BBB day. Much to older DS disappointment. No worries she said whipping out her special fast pass supply .... BTMRR for DS10 pixiedust: Space Mountain for DS 13 pixiedust: and Princess Snow White asked for Story Book Land ( Mum chimes in that they don't have a fast pass for that ride, but is put in her place lol) alas it was closed for parade preparations though ..... So a rethink and Peter Pan it is ..... walked over by a Cast Member and bypassed the line all for a little princess's wish!!! pixiedust: We took a photo with our lovely Cast Member, who certainly made my kids day today! Thank you to our Cast Member (you know who you are ;)).

Wishing some Pixie Dust for our other September holiday friends:cool1:

First trip hiccup. We had Studio Disney reservations 9/29 and today it was indeed confirmed that they WILL CLOSE to change over to A&E's Boutique 9/22-10/6. I was really hoping that BBB would at least be doing the Frozen hairstyles since that's all my DD wanted. The CM made it clear they will not. Seems strange to me that Disney doesn't off compromises like that. Yes, we've closed the area where your reservation was but we will honor it here if you so chose. First world problems, I know. But my DD8 has said that she's "too old for BBB" and would prefer Studio Disney. She's going to be heartbroken :(

I am getting so excited. This time two days from now I will be in the parks! Can't wait.

We switched hotels and are now going to be at Ramada Plaza. It's closer, yay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter