**September 2019**

Sorry to dampen any optimistic spirits as I was starting to be optimistic myself but I just checked TP’s crowd calendar and all parks have already gone up 1 to 3 number levels since last month. On Jan 19th all parks were at a 1, 2, 3 crowd level range. Today they are at a 4, 5, 6 with one 7 range. Specifically I’m speaking of dates Sept. 21st-27th. Also according to TA’s most of their clients don’t book trips until 3 or 4 months out. It wouldn’t bother me so bad if my family had been to WDW before but this is our first trip. I had carefully crafted my touring plans (way early but I’m super excited) to be able to do everything according to the low crowd levels. I don’t think we will be able to tackle everything now and I’m kinda bummed.

You will be fine, plan for high crowds, make good FP+ choices and then plan to go with the flow when you need to. You will have an amazing time if you know that things will happen to interfere with your plan. I will usually roughly base my touring strategy on Josh's plans, from EasyWDW. I've never had an issue, but its usually just 2 adults, no more kids to take. :hyper:

EDIT: I wanted to add that I usually end up planning to go to the least recommended park also and sometimes park hop to busy parks. We still do fine.

Last edited:
I'm just assuming TP will go to all 10s my week. This is all guesswork and there are a lot of variables at play here.

I just want to see the new hours so I can make a better plan.

Go with a great plan and you'll be fine (but realize you'll NEVER do everything - even with low crowds). I don't love TP, but that's just me. I feel like they give you a general guide and leave the rest to you to figure out. I prefer Kenny the Pirate and actually watched a FB Live video he did the other night that made me feel a lot better about being there the 8th-14th. He's realistic and experienced. He personally was in the parks for Pandora & Toy Story open. He will be at SWGE in Disneyland and Hollywood Studios. I feel like his advice is invaluable because it's coming from an individual who spends his time doing the legwork and then tells you how to navigate it based on his personal experience. He's done this before, and isn't afraid or a "Debbie Downer" about it. Adjust your expectations, be smart about your touring plan, and I think you'll be fine. That's what we're alllll telling ourselves, anyway. ;)
I agree! I love Kenny the Pirate and think his advice is dead on and much more accurate than TP (though i love TP for their other resources and the dining finder!). I only got to watch a portion of the video live but I plan on watching the whole thing tonight. I keep telling myself the same thing you are. And a busy day at Disney is better than a slow day at work!

You will be fine, plan for high crowds, make good FP+ choices and then plan to go with the flow when you need to. You will have an amazing time if you know that things will happen to interfere with your plan. I will usually roughly base my touring strategy on Josh's plans, from EasyWDW. I've never had an issue, but its usually just 2 adults, no more kids to take. :hyper:

I like Josh, too. His dry sense of humor is :rotfl2:

I am so glad we bought our tickets the day they announced SWGE, we paid about $100 less then we would have if I waited. I love Disney, but after this trip I am tapping out, prices are just get more and more crazy and so much has been cut.
The only reason for this trip is to see the last Illuminations, just hoping I guessed right on the dates. Im still trying to stomach paying $150 a night for Pop Century, I use to pay less than that for a room at WL. We won't even discuss the Poly lagoon view prices we use to pay. :sad2:

Sorry to dampen any optimistic spirits as I was starting to be optimistic myself but I just checked TP’s crowd calendar and all parks have already gone up 1 to 3 number levels since last month. On Jan 19th all parks were at a 1, 2, 3 crowd level range. Today they are at a 4, 5, 6 with one 7 range. Specifically I’m speaking of dates Sept. 21st-27th. Also according to TA’s most of their clients don’t book trips until 3 or 4 months out. It wouldn’t bother me so bad if my family had been to WDW before but this is our first trip. I had carefully crafted my touring plans (way early but I’m super excited) to be able to do everything according to the low crowd levels. I don’t think we will be able to tackle everything now and I’m kinda bummed.

I always plan all my trips around TP's crowd calendars. I have definitely been before when shortly before our trip our crowd calendar made this jump from 1's and 2's to 4-6's. We stuck with our original touring plan and everything was still great! We still got to do all the things we wanted to do. You will be fine and still have an amazing time!

I am so glad we bought our tickets the day they announced SWGE, we paid about $100 less then we would have if I waited. I love Disney, but after this trip I am tapping out, prices are just get more and more crazy and so much has been cut.
The only reason for this trip is to see the last Illuminations, just hoping I guessed right on the dates. Im still trying to stomach paying $150 a night for Pop Century, I use to pay less than that for a room at WL. We won't even discuss the Poly lagoon view prices we use to pay. :sad2:

As we come from Australia we used to do the trip every year, then it became every two years, then we had kids and it was 3 years. Now this September I really do fear will be our last trip for a very long time. There is no point to us traveling so far and spending so much money (around $20K) to be wall to wall with people.
We may look into visiting the Asian parks, they are closer to us so won't cost as much money.
WDW is my happy place, but it is just getting less and less fun each time we go.

So, today I cancelled my reservation for the solo trip I had planned for September . But can’t be sad for long since I’m now going with my daughter for Flower and Garden, April 17-20 !

Go with a great plan and you'll be fine (but realize you'll NEVER do everything - even with low crowds). I don't love TP, but that's just me. I feel like they give you a general guide and leave the rest to you to figure out. I prefer Kenny the Pirate and actually watched a FB Live video he did the other night that made me feel a lot better about being there the 8th-14th. He's realistic and experienced. He personally was in the parks for Pandora & Toy Story open. He will be at SWGE in Disneyland and Hollywood Studios. I feel like his advice is invaluable because it's coming from an individual who spends his time doing the legwork and then tells you how to navigate it based on his personal experience. He's done this before, and isn't afraid or a "Debbie Downer" about it. Adjust your expectations, be smart about your touring plan, and I think you'll be fine. That's what we're alllll telling ourselves, anyway. ;)

Right... maybe I should have said everything that WE want to do. I compared the crowd calendars with TP and KtP, it seems they are on the same page with most dates except Saturday, Sept 21st. TP says Epcot is at a 4 giving it the lowest crowd rating of all 4 parks that day as KtP says Epcot and Animal Kingdom is worst. KtP rates HS as being best and considering SWGE opens less than a month earlier, I don’t agree that. As I’ve seen several posters suggest, I’m just going to do what best fits my family’s schedule and go with the flow in regards to crowds.... cause this trip is happening.

As we come from Australia we used to do the trip every year, then it became every two years, then we had kids and it was 3 years. Now this September I really do fear will be our last trip for a very long time. There is no point to us traveling so far and spending so much money (around $20K) to be wall to wall with people.
We may look into visiting the Asian parks, they are closer to us so won't cost as much money.
WDW is my happy place, but it is just getting less and less fun each time we go.

I only have a 2 hour cheap plane ticket, and can afford the cost of Disney, but Im not sure the value is there anymore, I couldn't imagine having kids to pay for again.

If rumors from another site, that is reliable, come true, paid fastpass options will be available for certain popular rides, possibly by the end of the year. That would mean having some for free as they are now and others available for purchase.

With the price hikes and the uncharge events, reduced hours... I may be seeing you overseas, or in Australia, probably will be cheaper!

I'm so happy to read all these posts the last 2 days! Question - is your California Grill brunch for your arrival day? I am assuming your arrival day is Sunday, 9/7? We want Brunch at the Top for our second day and I just had no hope!
Our arrival day is Sunday, 9/8 but our Brunch is on our last day, Sunday, 9/15. The Brunch ADRs went fast so that one should be one of your first priorities when you make your ADRs.

My advice would be to go on the WDW dining site a couple days before your ADR day and check out the availability of everything you want for the week before you get there. Anything that is not available that week should be the first priority when you login at 6am on your ADR date. I had 3 spots that were not available on the previous week but I got every one of them. An hour later they were all unavailable.

Our arrival day is Sunday, 9/8 but our Brunch is on our last day, Sunday, 9/15. The Brunch ADRs went fast so that one should be one of your first priorities when you make your ADRs.

My advice would be to go on the WDW dining site a couple days before your ADR day and check out the availability of everything you want for the week before you get there. Anything that is not available that week should be the first priority when you login at 6am on your ADR date. I had 3 spots that were not available on the previous week but I got every one of them. An hour later they were all unavailable.
Thanks for responding. This trip is only Sat-Fri so I don't have more than 1 Sunday open. We did brunch at Cali Grill on my husband's birthday in December but it was a longer trip. I have been checking availability every day for the hard to get res's I have (Cali Grill, Storybook Dining, Ohana dinner, CRT dinner and BOG breakfast). I'm not too worried about any of them but brunch because it's early and the rest are later in the trip. I take off work my ADR and FP days, so I will be ready for sure!

Yesterday was our ADR day! My husband and I and our 2 best friends are heading to WDW Sept 8-15. We got

Sept 9- Crystal Palace @ 8:25am (going to keep trying for an 8am) and Skipper Canteen @ 4pm
Sept 10- Storybook Dining @ 4:15pm*
Sept 11- Sci-Fi Dine In @ 1:45pm
Sept 12- Bon Voyage Breakfast @ 7:30am and Teppan Edo @ 1pm
Sept 13- no TS
Sept 14- Be Our Guest @ 4pm

*I originally couldn't get Storybook dining before 8:45pm which didn't work since we wanted to go there for dinner before MNSSHP. But I checked one more time, on a whim, before heading to work and there happened to be a reservation for 4:15pm. I freaked out! So now we have everything we hoped for. We're still a bit bummed that we'll be there so close to SWGE opening but we're being optimistic and looking forward to our Adventure.

Thanks for responding. This trip is only Sat-Fri so I don't have more than 1 Sunday open. We did brunch at Cali Grill on my husband's birthday in December but it was a longer trip. I have been checking availability every day for the hard to get res's I have (Cali Grill, Storybook Dining, Ohana dinner, CRT dinner and BOG breakfast). I'm not too worried about any of them but brunch because it's early and the rest are later in the trip. I take off work my ADR and FP days, so I will be ready for sure!

I can see I'm "preaching to the choir". Good luck on your ADRs.

Travel Dates September 26 -30
I "pretend" to do ADR's every morning, just to see when March 30th rolls around (our 180 day mark), IF I will get the ADR's I want. Today for September 10th, BOG was not available at all (usually has a weird dinner time left) and I yet to EVER see Storybook Dining be available. This is a quick, birthday trip and only have 4 days to get in my bucket list dinners..lol..which is BOG and Storybook Dining. We are still going to attempt a day at HS and fingers crossed the opening of SWGE isn't going to completely make the day unbearable :):chewy: We are just going to make the best of it. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..ha!

***September 16th - 22nd - Copper Creek Studio/French Quarter - Ksromack***

We have made some changes to our reservation!
Now we are Aug 28-Sept 6! I WANTED to be there for the SWGE opening but couldnt rationalize 2 trips within 2 weeks of each other so we dropped the later Sept trip. Now we are:
Aug 28-Sept 2 Pop (couldnt pass up the SnF discount)
Sept 2 and 3 Poly studio on points
Sept 4 and 5 CCV studio on points

Travel Dates September 26 -30
I "pretend" to do ADR's every morning, just to see when March 30th rolls around (our 180 day mark), IF I will get the ADR's I want. Today for September 10th, BOG was not available at all (usually has a weird dinner time left) and I yet to EVER see Storybook Dining be available. This is a quick, birthday trip and only have 4 days to get in my bucket list dinners..lol..which is BOG and Storybook Dining. We are still going to attempt a day at HS and fingers crossed the opening of SWGE isn't going to completely make the day unbearable :):chewy: We are just going to make the best of it. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..ha!
I was able to get storybook last week by booking it for the last day of my trip! That’s the best tip I can give

This might be planning way too far ahead, but when are the other September 2019 trippers thinking of going back? I'm thinking November 2021, but that might be too long for me to wait! I'm kind of thinking of doing a 2020 trip as well, maybe for my birthday in April so I can go to Flower & Garden Festival, or maybe a weekend at Festival of the Arts? If I end up doing a 2020 trip it will be a much shorter, smaller trip.

I'm just curious what everyone else is planning for their next trip after September!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter