**September 2019**

Our dates are August 28-September 7. FPs are in place. It's just DH and I--couple of 40-somethings. Here's our itinerary:

8/28 flight leaves 7:05 PM, layover BWI, arrives MCO 12:15 AM. DME to AoA for room only one night stay.

8/29 sleep in until 10, check out of AoA, walk to POP and check in. Hopefully a room is ready otherwise drop bags at bell services and head to HS. This is DH's idea. He wants to see the insanity of SWGE on opening day. Pretty sure he thinks we'll get in to SWGE. I'm not even sure we'll get in to HS. I have FPs for 12:10 ToT, 1:15 ST, 3:00 Frozen sing along. Head to MK around 5 or 6. We will do DAH MK from 10 to 1 AM. Sometime today we will add a day to DH's 9 day ticket and upgrade me to AP.

8/30 Sleep in until 11. Head to EPCOT. FPs: 11:30 SE, TT 12:30, M:S 1:40. If crowds don't get TOO bad, stay through Illuminations. Otherwise, head to AK. Get what FPs we can, do FoP last thing.

8/31 RD MK (7 AM EMH) 8:40 PP, 10 AM Rapunzel/Tiana, 11:05 lunch BOG, 11:40 7DMT. Take boat to Wilderness Lodge and explore a bit. Back to POP for pool/nap. If we didn't do AK 8/30, do AK for this evening. FoP last thing. Maybe hop to MK if it is open until midnight like last year.

9/1 RD EPCOT Hopefully ride Soarin standby, then use 9:05 FP, 10:15 LWTL, 11:20 Seas. Afternoon break at POP. Depending on how well we've done at HS so far, go there for the evening. Hopefully get to see SWGE at dark. If not, SDD right before close.

9/2 RD HS. Like stupid early. Be there shortly after 5 AM. 10 AM Muppets 11:20 ST 12:25 SDD. Afternoon nap at POP. Return around 5 for MNSSHP.

9/3 Take Uber to Character Warehouse on Vineland. Be there at open (10 AM) KS 2PM, FoP 3PM, EE 4 PM. Attend DAH AK.

9/4 Take Uber to Booster Packs and Beyond collectibles/pins store at about noon. HS for evening. 3:30 SDD, 4:30 ST, 5:30 Frozen sing along. Perhaps get in line for SDD right before close.

9/5 RD AK (7 AM EMH) If we are up far enough in the crowd, RD FoP. If not, RD NRJ. 8:05 FoP, KS 9:15, KRR 10:15. Afternoon break/nap. DS for evening. Must hit Uniqlo, World of Disney, and the VOID.

9/6 Depending on how much we've been able to do in SWGE so far, we may RD it at 5:30 AM again. Otherwise, arrive more like 7 and try to do TSL rides. ST 9:15, SDD 10:15, VoTLM 11:20 . Hoping for ToT to be not very busy and we can get a couple rides in. We were able to do it 4 times in a row walk on last year, but SWGE throws a wrench in that plan. Afternoon break. MNSSHP.

9/7 Last day. We only have 9 day hoppers so far, so weren't able to get FPs. Depending on what we still want to do, we will try to get FPs for that. DME to MCO about 2:30, flight at 5:30.

Champion, the Veil, and Ardent. When you are at Ardent you need to hit up ZZQ for some amazing BBQ. Ardent and ZZQ share a patio, there is often a line to get in to ZZQ, and its well worth the wait, get some brisket, you won't be disappointed.. well actually everything on the menu is excellent.
We are looking at can release schedules and Fridays does not seem to be conducive with their releases. Might have to look into his beer trade groups for someone that wants some local New England IPAs. Thanks for the tips though, would you say Ardent/ZZQ is a family friendly spot to stop?
Booster Packs and Beyond
How did this place never make it onto my radar?? Might have to check it out, thanks!!

ADR day tomorrow, woo hoo!!!

Sorry if this was asked already but does anyone know why it won't let me customize my magic bands and upgrade them for the $10? Are they out of them and if so, think they will return before our cutoff?
If by won’t let you, you mean it’s only showing the regular plain ones, yes, it’s because they are out. They have been restocking periodically, just keep your eyes peeled!

is anyone doing the candy sushi?
We are! However, my sister and I weren’t able to book the same time for our kids (one of us has a 3:30 res, one of us 5:30), so we’ve been checking religiously to see if one of those time slots opens up so we can do it together, and we aren’t having any luck 🤦‍♀️

Our dates are August 28-September 7. FPs are in place. It's just DH and I--couple of 40-somethings. Here's our itinerary:

8/28 flight leaves 7:05 PM, layover BWI, arrives MCO 12:15 AM. DME to AoA for room only one night stay.

8/29 sleep in until 10, check out of AoA, walk to POP and check in. Hopefully a room is ready otherwise drop bags at bell services and head to HS. This is DH's idea. He wants to see the insanity of SWGE on opening day. Pretty sure he thinks we'll get in to SWGE. I'm not even sure we'll get in to HS. I have FPs for 12:10 ToT, 1:15 ST, 3:00 Frozen sing along. Head to MK around 5 or 6. We will do DAH MK from 10 to 1 AM. Sometime today we will add a day to DH's 9 day ticket and upgrade me to AP.

8/30 Sleep in until 11. Head to EPCOT. FPs: 11:30 SE, TT 12:30, M:S 1:40. If crowds don't get TOO bad, stay through Illuminations. Otherwise, head to AK. Get what FPs we can, do FoP last thing.

8/31 RD MK (7 AM EMH) 8:40 PP, 10 AM Rapunzel/Tiana, 11:05 lunch BOG, 11:40 7DMT. Take boat to Wilderness Lodge and explore a bit. Back to POP for pool/nap. If we didn't do AK 8/30, do AK for this evening. FoP last thing. Maybe hop to MK if it is open until midnight like last year.

9/1 RD EPCOT Hopefully ride Soarin standby, then use 9:05 FP, 10:15 LWTL, 11:20 Seas. Afternoon break at POP. Depending on how well we've done at HS so far, go there for the evening. Hopefully get to see SWGE at dark. If not, SDD right before close.

9/2 RD HS. Like stupid early. Be there shortly after 5 AM. 10 AM Muppets 11:20 ST 12:25 SDD. Afternoon nap at POP. Return around 5 for MNSSHP.

9/3 Take Uber to Character Warehouse on Vineland. Be there at open (10 AM) KS 2PM, FoP 3PM, EE 4 PM. Attend DAH AK.

9/4 Take Uber to Booster Packs and Beyond collectibles/pins store at about noon. HS for evening. 3:30 SDD, 4:30 ST, 5:30 Frozen sing along. Perhaps get in line for SDD right before close.

9/5 RD AK (7 AM EMH) If we are up far enough in the crowd, RD FoP. If not, RD NRJ. 8:05 FoP, KS 9:15, KRR 10:15. Afternoon break/nap. DS for evening. Must hit Uniqlo, World of Disney, and the VOID.

9/6 Depending on how much we've been able to do in SWGE so far, we may RD it at 5:30 AM again. Otherwise, arrive more like 7 and try to do TSL rides. ST 9:15, SDD 10:15, VoTLM 11:20 . Hoping for ToT to be not very busy and we can get a couple rides in. We were able to do it 4 times in a row walk on last year, but SWGE throws a wrench in that plan. Afternoon break. MNSSHP.

9/7 Last day. We only have 9 day hoppers so far, so weren't able to get FPs. Depending on what we still want to do, we will try to get FPs for that. DME to MCO about 2:30, flight at 5:30.
The only thing I worry about is you getting FoP as a standby at the end of the night. You can always stalk FPs there as the evening goes on or try for a FP as you scan your last FP of the day in whatever park you happen to be in at the time.

We're at POP for a good portion of your trip as well.....and we plan on several afternoon pool breaks. It's going to be hot!

ADR day went well, just need to tweak a couple things. Checked the MB band options and saw a Jack Skellington for anyone who is looking.
Thanks for this tip! He wasn't available when I tweaked our MB just a few days ago! I guess I should stalk that site more often!

We are looking at can release schedules and Fridays does not seem to be conducive with their releases. Might have to look into his beer trade groups for someone that wants some local New England IPAs. Thanks for the tips though, would you say Ardent/ZZQ is a family friendly spot to stop?

ADR day tomorrow, woo hoo!!!

Haven't been to Ardent proper, just ZZQ and have seen they back to each other's outside patios, but the breweries seem very family friendly here, Ive seen kids of all ages. The husband isn't a beer drinker, so Im usually there with my son, though he is 26! lol He seems to know all the good places to go. When we go out I like going to The Veil, they have some great sour beers, I like those. The last time went was for their Anniversary, the line was out the door, which it often is on the weekends, but also wrapped around the parking lot and out on the sidewalk. People had wagons and carts to carry out what they were buying, it was insane.

If you like cocktails and are around in the evening, The Jasper on Cary Street has amazing craft cocktails, their motto is Full Pours and Honest Prices, and they live by it. Excellent drinks with no syrupy filler to cheap out, NOT family friendly though.

Please add me to roll call. We will be going to WDW first time Sept. 21st-28th and staying at the Wilderness Lodge. My kids are 7 and 3 and I’m by far the most excited member of my family. We got all the ADR’s we hoped with the exception of Storybook Dining. Hoping the FPs goes as well!

Please add me to roll call. We will be going to WDW first time Sept. 21st-28th and staying at the Wilderness Lodge. My kids are 7 and 3 and I’m by far the most excited member of my family. We got all the ADR’s we hoped with the exception of Storybook Dining. Hoping the FPs goes as well!
Added. Yay for first time trips, so magical :lovestruc

Keep trying for that ADR , especially closer to your trip - often times something will open up when people firm up their plans and drop excess ADRs.

DH and I are staying at POFQ September 20-27, then moving over to Universal for the weekend. We plan on doing MNSSHP and AK DAH. This trip will be our first as empty nesters and as grandparents. Our baby moves in to her college dorm August 16 and our oldest is expecting our first grandchild on August 24. I think we will need this vacation!

DH and I are staying at POFQ September 20-27, then moving over to Universal for the weekend. We plan on doing MNSSHP and AK DAH. This trip will be our first as empty nesters and as grandparents. Our baby moves in to her college dorm August 16 and our oldest is expecting our first grandchild on August 24. I think we will need this vacation!
Added to roll call :)

FP day today.......got everything I wanted!
FOP, SDD are the most exciting ones. Have not been on either. :flower1:
I'm so happy to see reports of people getting the FPs they want! May I ask how many days into your trip you booked both SDD and FOP? Thanks!

I've got a fireworks show on the 4th. FP's at 4AM my time on the 5th. The 30 min show starts at 9PM - we should be all cleaned up and trucks loaded by midnight and I'll get home by 1AM...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter