**September 2019**

For those that have been - what's your favorite Food and Wine food?
I actually prefer the F&G booths but I love ALL the ciders at both festivals 🍷 For food I really like the beef stroganoff from I think the cheese studio maybe? I can't remember but it's been there the last few years as well as the dark chocolate cayenne pepper dessert from Flavors of Fire🔥

We got our upgraded MB's for Sept AND Oct yesterday! Very strange lol but very happy to have snagged them.

Im probably NOT in the majority, but most of the food in the booths is disappointing to me, I think they "dumb" most stuff down so it will be more palatable to everyone. :duck: I do love my La Passion Martini Slushy from France and the Beer Cheese soup from Canada. We will have 2 days in Epcot and the evening we arrive, so I am sure we will hit quite a few booths and they things out.
I agree that some items are simplified, but I think some are still interesting. I just like it to taste good, so as long as they do it well and aren't just reheating frozen dumplings ;) I will give it a try.

Hi. We changed our trip from September 6-14 to September 4-14 if you have a moment to update it, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you for all your work!

Also, where do I find the menus for F/W? We are going with two newbies and thought it could print out and give to them just for something to see.

Astryd, I'm with you about the booths. They just don't excite me but we did have great success last year with the drinking LOL My dd would get flights of beer, we tried a few different drinks and my always go-to drink is the advocodo margarita, OMG, yummy.

Maybe I have margaritas tonight LOL

Thanks so much!
Will update :) We are food and wine opposites lol, I love trying the foods but don't really care for alcohol (I might have a margarita 1x or 2x a year if I am feeling wild lol). And DH is such a craft beer snob I don't even know if any of the beers there will appeal to him :rolleyes:
I have read about the avocado margarita, definitely sounds interesting.

We have never been disappointed by Canada's Filet! I will never eat at Le Cellier when I can get this at F&W! We liked everything at the Flavors From Fire and I'm excited to try the Impossible Burger. We really enjoy the flights at most places.
I ate at Le Cellier and my last trip, will have to stop by their booth this year because I really enjoyed the food there just don't want to take my kids there, it is kinda cramped and toddlers are it or miss - don't want her to ruin anyone's pricey meal. Hitting the F&W booth works for us!

I actually prefer the F&G booths but I love ALL the ciders at both festivals 🍷 For food I really like the beef stroganoff from I think the cheese studio maybe? I can't remember but it's been there the last few years as well as the dark chocolate cayenne pepper dessert from Flavors of Fire🔥

We got our upgraded MB's for Sept AND Oct yesterday! Very strange lol but very happy to have snagged them.
Yay for getting your new MBs! I saw they added quite a few yesterday morning but they never seem to have the one I want at the same time they have the one DD wants - starting to think we just won't get them this trip lol

I love F&G too and was just commenting to someone yesterday about how I might actually prefer it to F&W, which I never expected!

I just booked all my fast passes for our trip. We’re doing a split stay with tickets for the second half from September 3-10. I got everything I wanted and at the times I wanted, except 1. The meet with Disney pals in Epcot! Lol I had no problem getting SDD on September 3 and had my pick of times. I even managed to move a dining reservation at Akershus to fit our plans better.

I just booked all my fast passes for our trip. We’re doing a split stay with tickets for the second half from September 3-10. I got everything I wanted and at the times I wanted, except 1. The meet with Disney pals in Epcot! Lol I had no problem getting SDD on September 3 and had my pick of times. I even managed to move a dining reservation at Akershus to fit our plans better.

Awesome sauce!

Wow! SDD on your first day!?!? I have been thinking that one would be impossible. Our HS day will be 60+2 and I was trying to prepare myself that it may not happen.

And DH is such a craft beer snob I don't even know if any of the beers there will appeal to him :rolleyes:

The beer selection is fairly sad, especially with all the great small craft beer places now. But I guess if these places have to pay a lot to get there product at the F&W its not surprising that isn't a better choice. Its really a shame, there are some great and different beers out there. If y'all are ever coming through Richmond Virginia, he needs to stop and check out the craft beer scene here. It's amazing. :drinking1

Fast pass day was yesterday. Went pretty well. Got SDD for 60+4, wanted 11 AM, closest they had was 12:25. FoP for 60+5 was wide open for the day. SDD for 60+6 was available for 9:35 AM and after. FoP for 60+7 was wide open. Next went for ToT on day one: wanted noon, got 12:10, no SDD available. Wanted 8 AM 7DMT for 60+2, earliest they had was 11:00, but had BoG then, so got 11:40. Everything else pretty wide open.

We are doing DAH MK and 2 MNSSHP, so wasn't too worried about MK. Only got FPs for 1 day. 2 EPCOT, 2 AK, 4 HS. So annoying to pretty much only have 4 FPs for HS on those 4 days that we'll actually use because of the silly tier change. Got ST for each day, probably will only ride it twice. Also got Indiana Jones twice and the Frozen show twice. Who knows if we'll actually use them or just tap and leave. We definitely will go to Frozen once or twice and Indy once, but not necessarily at the times I have FPs for.

Wow! SDD on your first day!?!? I have been thinking that one would be impossible. Our HS day will be 60+2 and I was trying to prepare myself that it may not happen.
Sorry! I wasn’t clear. It’s technically 60+4 because the first 4 days we don’t have park tickets. I was just excited they fixed the problems with fast passes and split stays so it was even possible. But it was wide open so don’t give up hope on 60+2!

The beer selection is fairly sad, especially with all the great small craft beer places now. But I guess if these places have to pay a lot to get there product at the F&W its not surprising that isn't a better choice. Its really a shame, there are some great and different beers out there. If y'all are ever coming through Richmond Virginia, he needs to stop and check out the craft beer scene here. It's amazing. :drinking1
We drive through so he can stop at Aslin (the last few trips), this time we are stopping at the Answer. We have Treehouse and Trillium close by for his local craft beer fix.

Since we will be through Richmond this time, any recommendations besides the Answer? His favorites are IPAs but he also likes a good stout.

anyone doing the eat to the beat packages? we are doing the Sept. 18. New DVC members and we are hoping to get into the moonlight magic at TL. We are also doing the AK after hours. Daughter and her partner are going to MNSSHP on 15th. We have been many times and after the last few parties, i don't think i want to fight the crowds. The experience was not great and TOO CROWDED !

what are your plans?

Hi. We changed our trip from September 6-14 to September 4-14 if you have a moment to update it, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you for all your work!

Also, where do I find the menus for F/W? We are going with two newbies and thought it could print out and give to them just for something to see.

Astryd, I'm with you about the booths. They just don't excite me but we did have great success last year with the drinking LOL My dd would get flights of beer, we tried a few different drinks and my always go-to drink is the advocodo margarita, OMG, yummy.

Maybe I have margaritas tonight LOL

Thanks so much!
You can get the food booth menus on the Disney website or Disney Food Blog.

I did a quick comparison of the booths from last year and was disappointed that there aren't many new items. But, we didn't try everything we wanted to last year so can try now.

We drive through so he can stop at Aslin (the last few trips), this time we are stopping at the Answer. We have Treehouse and Trillium close by for his local craft beer fix.

Since we will be through Richmond this time, any recommendations besides the Answer? His favorites are IPAs but he also likes a good stout.

Champion, the Veil, and Ardent. When you are at Ardent you need to hit up ZZQ for some amazing BBQ. Ardent and ZZQ share a patio, there is often a line to get in to ZZQ, and its well worth the wait, get some brisket, you won't be disappointed.. well actually everything on the menu is excellent.

Sorry if this was asked already but does anyone know why it won't let me customize my magic bands and upgrade them for the $10? Are they out of them and if so, think they will return before our cutoff?

Any thoughts on my plan for HS?

With the FP changes, we've tentatively decided to RD Toy Story Land, ToT, and RnR. We'll get a FP for one of those for later in the day and skip it at RD. Try and get all those done during EEMH and then make our way over to SWGE before other guests are let in.
Is SWGE open during EMH?

Our plans so far. Let me know if you'd change anything!!
Sept 26-0ct 6 me, DH, DD9, DD2 (sister and BIL come Sept 28)
Sept 26- later flight. Sleep at Orlando airport and watch the planes take off and land!
Sept 27- wake up and get on magical express to AoA. Check in and swim, nap and then head to Epcot in the evening. FP's Character spot frozen Turtle Talk
Sept 28- AK hopefully for RD. RD Primeval Whirl FP Expedition, FOP, Nemo- Back to resort to nap- MK around 4pm. FP(from phone) Space, 7dmt, Splash Fireworks
sept 29-AK RD. Have luggage transferred to Poly. RD Safari FP FOP, Dinosaur, EE (or RD Navi)- 3pm check in to Poly villa. 1900 Park Fare at 5:20pm for dinner.
Sept 30- Chef Mickey 7:45am. Walk to MK. Watch Parade at 2pm and then head to EP. FP Soarin. Watch illuminations for last day!
Oct 1- HS RD😫. SWGE, FP Slinky, RnR, Frozen musical. 12pm Poly to swim/nap 4pm back to HS. Watch Star Wars fireworks
Oct 2- EP. FP Test Track. 11L30am MK. Barbershop for DD2 first haircut at 12:20pm. BOG 2:05pm. stay at MK until close
Oct 3- MK or HS- Ohana 5:20pm. Pool, outdoor movie, water parade and MK fireworks at POLY
Oct 4- HS- FP Alien saucers or TSM, RnR, Disney Jr dance party??- Pool- EP for new fireworks!!
Oct 5- MK-Pool-MK
Oct 6- Leave😥

Any changes?

Is SWGE open during EMH?
Yep. And originally my plan was to RD that during EMH but then they changed the FP tiers. Haven't been to TSL since it opened, so we want to experience that. ToT is my favorite ride and RnR is my friend's favorite. We're just trying to think of the best way to do them all without having insane waits (besides SWGE).

Our plans so far. Let me know if you'd change anything!!
Sept 26-0ct 6 me, DH, DD9, DD2 (sister and BIL come Sept 28)
Sept 26- later flight. Sleep at Orlando airport and watch the planes take off and land!
Sept 27- wake up and get on magical express to AoA. Check in and swim, nap and then head to Epcot in the evening. FP's Character spot frozen Turtle Talk
Sept 28- AK hopefully for RD. RD Primeval Whirl FP Expedition, FOP, Nemo- Back to resort to nap- MK around 4pm. FP(from phone) Space, 7dmt, Splash Fireworks
sept 29-AK RD. Have luggage transferred to Poly. RD Safari FP FOP, Dinosaur, EE (or RD Navi)- 3pm check in to Poly villa. 1900 Park Fare at 5:20pm for dinner.
Sept 30- Chef Mickey 7:45am. Walk to MK. Watch Parade at 2pm and then head to EP. FP Soarin. Watch illuminations for last day!
Oct 1- HS RD😫. SWGE, FP Slinky, RnR, Frozen musical. 12pm Poly to swim/nap 4pm back to HS. Watch Star Wars fireworks
Oct 2- EP. FP Test Track. 11L30am MK. Barbershop for DD2 first haircut at 12:20pm. BOG 2:05pm. stay at MK until close
Oct 3- MK or HS- Ohana 5:20pm. Pool, outdoor movie, water parade and MK fireworks at POLY
Oct 4- HS- FP Alien saucers or TSM, RnR, Disney Jr dance party??- Pool- EP for new fireworks!!
Oct 5- MK-Pool-MK
Oct 6- Leave😥

Any changes?

Looks good except for a few FP issues. Sept. 27th Epcot: Both Frozen and Character Spot are tier 1. Oct 1 HS: SDD and RnRC are both tier 1. Oct 4 HS: TSM, AS2, RnRC are all Tier 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter