**September 2019**

My daughter and I just avoid going to the parks in the afternoons for the most part (we are night owls anyway and enjoy being there are night), but other than that, we just kind of deal with it. One thing that always cracks me up about going in September is that it is basically impossible to look good in any pictures lol. You are going to look like a sweaty flushed mess with crazy hair no matter how much effort you put in to looking like you aren't melting.

You're so right! DH & I went last September. Aside from our Memory Maker photos, pretty much everything was a selfie. And the ONLY photos I looked halfway decent in were the ones first thing in the morning. Otherwise, I looked sweaty & gross. He looked perfectly normal. Ha! I based my decision not to make a photo book solely on how crappy I looked in 90% of our photos.

I'm getting a new DSLR for my birthday this year, so I plan on being behind the camera taking photos of everything. It has nothing to do with avoiding being in front of the camera, of course. Nothing at all!

You're so right! DH & I went last September. Aside from our Memory Maker photos, pretty much everything was a selfie. And the ONLY photos I looked halfway decent in were the ones first thing in the morning. Otherwise, I looked sweaty & gross. He looked perfectly normal. Ha! I based my decision not to make a photo book solely on how crappy I looked in 90% of our photos.

Oh yeah, it's a losing battle lol. I have accepted the fact that no matter how hard I try, my hair is going to get massive from the humidity, the heat will make my eyes look weird and beady, and no amount of sunblock will save me from my English/Scottish/Irish ancestry and I will fry up like bacon in the Florida sun. The photographic evidence of all of this is just the cherry on top!

Ahh Disney World :cloud9: lol

So, since we're all crazy enough to be going to Disney World in September, what are everyone's plans for dealing with the heat? I have a very high tolerance for heat, and I figure as long as I make frequent stops for free ice water and take advantage of air conditioned attractions during the hottest part of the day (Carousel of Progress will be seeing a lot of me!), I'll be all right.

My plan had been a hotel/pool break in the middle of the day and then off to another park for dinner, but a lot of people have said you waste so much time by doing that... I have a 5, 4 and 2 year old so I'm trying to avoid melt downs as much as possible. lol

Oh yeah, it's a losing battle lol. I have accepted the fact that no matter how hard I try, my hair is going to get massive from the humidity, the heat will make my eyes look weird and beady, and no amount of sunblock will save me from my English/Scottish/Irish ancestry and I will fry up like bacon in the Florida sun. The photographic evidence of all of this is just the cherry on top!

Ahh Disney World :cloud9: lol

Girl, the only place I put my hair in a bun every.single.day is at Disney. If I don't, I look like Chewy's little sister before noon. There's no point in wearing any makeup besides waterproof mascara, and that's only so you can see I have eyes should I take off my sunglasses. I've tried hats, but I feel like they make me hotter. And I'd worry about losing them on rides. There's no way I'd be taking it off & on... that would just make the hair situation worse.

My plan had been a hotel/pool break in the middle of the day and then off to another park for dinner, but a lot of people have said you waste so much time by doing that... I have a 5, 4 and 2 year old so I'm trying to avoid melt downs as much as possible. lol

We ALWAYS take mid-day breaks with the kids. It's worth it for everyone to cool off, rest, and recharge for the evening. The one day we tried to push through, we had to call it a day by 5pm and just go back to the resort. Even when it was just DH & me last fall, we took mid-day breaks almost every day.

In our experience, we can be from where we are in the parks back to our resort in about 30-45 minutes, give or take a few minutes. That's no more time than standing in a long afternoon line for a ride... or a Dole Whip. My kids loved the bus as little ones (they love the bus as big ones!), and would always stay awake. We'd settle into the room, turn the lights off, and everyone laid down. They'd be out in a minute, and we'd set an alarm (Mom & Dad need naps sometimes too!) I'd let everyone sleep at least an hour, maybe longer depending on what our plans were for the evening. Then maybe a little pool time or just get ready to head back to the parks/out for dinner. Our last trip with the kids, my son was older and wasn't able to nap, but still needed rest and downtime. While my DD & DH slept, he and I took a Mom/Son walk around our resort with our mugs, got a nice drink, and relaxed in the shade by the lake. Even without napping, it was refreshing. Don't listen to naysayers who tell you that you're wasting time by resting. If you need the rest, it's never a waste.

Is anyone else waiting for park schedules/calendars/EMM/MNSSHP days to be released so you can start figuring out your days?

I feel like with EMM ticketed events and MNSSHP & evening DAH hard ticket events, our daily schedule becomes more important and more difficult to figure out.

We ALWAYS take mid-day breaks with the kids. It's worth it for everyone to cool off, rest, and recharge for the evening. The one day we tried to push through, we had to call it a day by 5pm and just go back to the resort. Even when it was just DH & me last fall, we took mid-day breaks almost every day.

In our experience, we can be from where we are in the parks back to our resort in about 30-45 minutes, give or take a few minutes. That's no more time than standing in a long afternoon line for a ride... or a Dole Whip. My kids loved the bus as little ones (they love the bus as big ones!), and would always stay awake. We'd settle into the room, turn the lights off, and everyone laid down. They'd be out in a minute, and we'd set an alarm (Mom & Dad need naps sometimes too!) I'd let everyone sleep at least an hour, maybe longer depending on what our plans were for the evening. Then maybe a little pool time or just get ready to head back to the parks/out for dinner. Our last trip with the kids, my son was older and wasn't able to nap, but still needed rest and downtime. While my DD & DH slept, he and I took a Mom/Son walk around our resort with our mugs, got a nice drink, and relaxed in the shade by the lake. Even without napping, it was refreshing. Don't listen to naysayers who tell you that you're wasting time by resting. If you need the rest, it's never a waste.

Yes, that sounds perfect! I just worry bc every time I've ever been there we've had a car or stayed at a monorail hotel, so this will be the first time on the buses. I have my fingers crossed the gondolas will be open by then too though which would make my life much easier (even if I'm somewhat terrified of them lol)

So, since we're all crazy enough to be going to Disney World in September, what are everyone's plans for dealing with the heat? I have a very high tolerance for heat, and I figure as long as I make frequent stops for free ice water and take advantage of air conditioned attractions during the hottest part of the day (Carousel of Progress will be seeing a lot of me!), I'll be all right.

This will be my 4th "summer" trip so far and it never gets easier!
Last September I visited to go to TSL Passholder Playtime, my time slot was at 7am and I was sweating just from the walk to the DHS entrance from the busses!
Mid-day breaks are a MUST, Disney is the only place where I can wake myself up early fairly easily.So I am going to try and do more rope-drops this trip. And we are night owls anyways, so later nights in the park are our preference. Then afternoon naps by the pool.... doesn't get much better!
Oh and handheld fans are a lifesaver. I need to get my boyfriend his own this time around!

DH and I use little necklace fans and they really make all the difference! Especially when you get in those areas where there's no air moving like on the ramp down into the loading area of BTMRR. Without that fan I think I would have had a panic attack!

This will be my 4th "summer" trip so far and it never gets easier!
Last September I visited to go to TSL Passholder Playtime, my time slot was at 7am and I was sweating just from the walk to the DHS entrance from the busses!
Mid-day breaks are a MUST, Disney is the only place where I can wake myself up early fairly easily.So I am going to try and do more rope-drops this trip. And we are night owls anyways, so later nights in the park are our preference. Then afternoon naps by the pool.... doesn't get much better!
Oh and handheld fans are a lifesaver. I need to get my boyfriend his own this time around!

I don't care what anyone says... that walk from the buses to the entrance of HS is BRUTAL. It would be bad in regular weather, but in September, it should be considered cruel and unusual punishment.

We never take a mid-day break, it appears we are in the minority. Our kids 3 and 6, do great. We do have dinner early (5:00-6:00 ADRs) and by the time we finished there was only an hour or so left the parks were open (most nights), so we went back the the resort. We usually have long waits after dinner for the bus, so back to Pop around 9.

Just booked Sept 1 - 10 at Pop. This will be our first trip as a "retired couple" :cool1:
:welcome: Added to roll call.

DH and I use little necklace fans and they really make all the difference! Especially when you get in those areas where there's no air moving like on the ramp down into the loading area of BTMRR. Without that fan I think I would have had a panic attack!
I bought super cheapy ebay ones that - surprise surprise - were garbage. Going to try again this trip with something above dollar store quality ;)

Add me to the list! Booked room only at POP for 9/28-10/3, hopefully to see the last Illuminations show. Waiting for them to actually tell us the last day, but wanted to book just in case. My best friend and I will be going, this will be our second girls trip to WDW during F&W. We had a blast in 2017, looking forward to this year and mostly drinking our way around property. Pretty bummed Illuminations is ending, but least I can get to see it one last time.

Hello everyone! I am gonna get caught up on this thread but thought I would comment first! My husband and I are thinking of doing a long weekend trip at the end of September for our 10th Anniversary! Really hoping for some good crowds. How are we thinking crowds will be with Star Wars opening probably soon after?

Hi everyone!!! So excited to be joining this group! I just booked yacht club for Sept 27-oct5! Hopped on the last of the free dining so it made it possible for us to stay deluxe!!! I cant wait, it will be me, DH, DD15, DS12, and DD10. We will already have been in Florida for a week to celebrate my dads 80th birthday and the kids will think we are on our way to the airport to go home when we pull into disney! I cant wait to see the looks on their faces!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter