• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2016 Trip Thread!!!!

Semi panic moment this morning! I went to check in online for our 5:40am flight tomorrow so that we are not forced to get to the airport at 3:40am (even though the Delta counter only opens at 4:00!) but when I tried to check in I got an error message that said that I was unable to check in online!

Thankfully, Google did not let me down and I found a post somewhere from years ago that said if you get this error message you can go back in, go to change seats and just select the same seats you had before and then check in will work!

Phew, what a relief!

Here now, since Tuesday; tomorrow's our last day. Crowds have been high but of course today, Friday, is pretty nuts.
We're having fun but I'm pretty over stimulated. I think I get less tolerant of the crowds and noise as I get older. We're back at the hotel taking a break right now, about 3 pm, after getting into the parks just after opening at 8.
We did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour today. It was... okay. I'd recommend you do it on a midweek day when crowds are slower. It felt like it wasn't the best use of valuable morning touring hours, especially with the park so busy. Things I didn't like: I knew they put you on a couple of rides, like Alice and Potc, which is nice because those get quite busy in heavy days. Alice was fine, but she put us on IaSW. :confused3 Whyyyyy? Standby was only 10 minutes and so many people don't like it anyway... What a waste of time. Would much rather have done PoTC, which was up to 25 minutes at the time. Also she was ok but not a very natural or entertaining guide, seemed like she hadn't been at it long. Pronounced especially "expecially" and often "off-ten"- yeah, just pet peeves of mine. Also we're gluten free and they ascertained that at the beginning, but stil gave us breadsticks with our lunch. I know, picky picky, but for that much money I expected better. The dream suite was cool.
Lots of other thing that I will report on in my eventual trip report, this was just on my mind, though.

We're headed back home tonight. Our week stay was perfect (with the exception of the high temps). I actually didn't have an issue with crowds. Our family took 4 hour breaks each day. On yesterday when we went to Animal Kingdom, we only took a 2.5 hour break, but we left the park at around 7pm because the kids wanted to go swimming instead.

I love, love the fast past system. Besides a 15 minute wait for the Under the sea ride at MK, we did not have any wait longer than 2 minutes. We literally did everything that was age/height appropriate for the kids.

We're headed back home tonight. Our week stay was perfect (with the exception of the high temps). I actually didn't have an issue with crowds. Our family took 4 hour breaks each day. On yesterday when we went to Animal Kingdom, we only took a 2.5 hour break, but we left the park at around 7pm because the kids wanted to go swimming instead.

I love, love the fast past system. Besides a 15 minute wait for the Under the sea ride at MK, we did not have any wait longer than 2 minutes. We literally did everything that was age/height appropriate for the kids.
I'm glad you had such a good time at WDW !

Just got home last night. *sigh. It was amazing. We probably won't go back as a family, my husband really doesn't enjoy Disney as much as I do. Even though it was 'off season' it was still crowded. I'd be scared to see it in Peak Season.

We also got back last night. We had a fun time, but got pretty Disney'd out by Saturday with the heat and the high crowds. The heat wasn't terrible for CA in September, but was starting to climb into the upper 80s by Friday and Saturday. Also the crowds were pretty crazy. Fireworks Friday night were just insane, considering it was the five minute "Fantasy in the Sky".

Looks like it's going to be warm while we are there next week but we live in Phoenix so we are used to it!

Club 33 was excellent! Atmosphere and food were top notch.

My dinner:

Started with Old Rip Van Winkle 10 Year Old Bourbon:

h6Tr6PK.jpg

First Course - Filet Mignon Steak Tartare, Poached Quail Egg, and Country Mustard

TqHlcVQ.jpg

Second Course - Heirloom tomato Bisque with Shaved Black Truffles

zwCjguh.jpg

Third Course - Pampano (Fish of the day) with Nantucket Bay Scallop and Crawfish Etouffee

UoKmwDg.jpg

Fourth Course - Colorado Lamb with Green Garlic, Chanterelle Mushrooms and Syrah Sauce

cgK1Gtv.jpg

Fifth Course - Huckleberry and Summer Corn Buckle with Lemon Curd Gelato

PF9g3CF.jpg

Haven't downloaded the pics of my wife's dinner yet. I'll get them posted sometime this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter