September 2016 Trip Thread!!!!

lindyv321

DIS Veteran
Is there a September thread up yet??? Sorry I know I posted this on the wrong board a few weeks ago but I don't know ow how to delete it :/

Looks like we'll be there the week of the 11th.
That is unless they have too many more closures.

Where are you seeing September closures? I found a list, but I didn't see anything for September!

Where are you seeing September closures? I found a list, but I didn't see anything for September!
DLR hasn't official released a list of closures for any part of September yet, other than the attractions closed as part of the prep-work for Star Wars Land will still be closed (Railroad, F!, Mark Twain, Columbia, Canoes, and Tom Sawyers Island). Additionally, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain are usually closed in early September to have their Halloween overlays installed. HM usually goes down in mid-to-late August and Space usually goes down about 4-days before the start of HalloweenTime. Both attraction usually open with the start of HalloweenTime, which is usually in early-to-mid-September. We probably won't know when HalloweenTime is slated to start until sometime in early-to-mid summer.

We went the first time in late September 2013 and the second time in February 2015 and there were quite a few closures both times but less crowds and shorter wait times made up for it!!!

We went the first time in late September 2013 and the second time in February 2015 and there were quite a few closures both times but less crowds and shorter wait times made up for it!!!

Yeah, I'm so curious about this. We were tentatively planning a WDW September vacation again, but then we started to lean toward California. But when I looked at crowd calendars, the crowds looked so much higher - lots of 6 and 7 days! I can do heat, or I can do crowds, but I cannot do both. Thinking we might head back to the World after all.

Yeah, I'm so curious about this. We were tentatively planning a WDW September vacation again, but then we started to lean toward California. But when I looked at crowd calendars, the crowds looked so much higher - lots of 6 and 7 days! I can do heat, or I can do crowds, but I cannot do both. Thinking we might head back to the World after all.

Our last trip had 5 and 6 days and it wasn't that bad. Just had to utilize the FP's a bit more

I was looking at crowd estimates from the touringplans.com website, they are predicting crowds at 4-6 during September, except on weekends. That seems pretty reasonable.

That is interesting!

For us, it's more of a "we were spoiled last time by WDW in September" sort of thing. I might be one of the few people who doesn't actually hate FP+ over legacy FP, either.

I've never been to WDW but it seems the FP+ system has good and bad things about it... I am a super planner but that all goes out the window at DL I love just going with the flow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter