September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! :wave: It's been a LOOONG time! Thanks for all of the :goodvibes :wizard: for Christina's surgery. She's now just about recovered. Taking :artist: camp and pretending to be a great :artist: . Unfortunately, her talent is more like mine. We will DEFINITELY win that creatively-challenged family contest for the fish extenders. :rotfl2:

So what's up with all the posts? :confused3 Is this some contest to see who can post the most? Ewww - that even rhymed. :crazy:

I'm really looking forward to the cruise - and am ready to jump back in - but only a little bit. There is NO WAY I can keep up with the posting going on.

So.... I need people to PM and or email me. I am still raring to go on the Radisson Meet and "Watch the Magic Depart" dinner at the grill. Ken (kpros), can you please PM me with more info on the grill. I hadn't been before and figure I better at least warn them before this DIS group descends upon them! :dance3:

I can't wait for this cruise - and I can't believe how much is planned. :Pinkbounc :yay: :bounce:

Sweet Sue

Sue thanks for the great news, glad to see ya back here. You could always take a few of Christina's works to the art auctions and make a few bucks. Some of us could talk her up as an upcomming artist to the unknowing.

Watching "Master and Commander", this evening, gets one in an ocean going mood.

Well I finally got our pirate names. Bill is Cap'n Jack knife, Billy is Swashbuckler Long Eye and i get to be Privateer Christoper of the Caribbean. Not too bad.

Now i'm trying to work on our daily schedule and figure out what things i've signed up for and what one's I still need to pm someone.

Scott H said:
Sue thanks for the great news, glad to see ya back here. You could always take a few of Christina's works to the art auctions and make a few bucks. Some of us could talk her up as an upcomming artist to the unknowing.

:lmao: Of course this would only work if you explained she is an up-and-coming contemporary artist that focuses on abstract art and it's symbolism. For example, to many people the lump of clay on my coffee table is just a lump of clay. But to the art patrons of the world - the blue grey sculpture symbolishes the life force of an elephant blending with the cool blue water of the local watering hole. The grey protuberances symbolize the ritual cleansing and erotic feel as the elephant splahes water over it's ears and upon it's back.

So how's that for starters? :lmao:

Sweet Sue

sweetsue said:
:lmao: Of course this would only work if you explained she is an up-and-coming contemporary artist that focuses on abstract art and it's symbolism. For example, to many people the lump of clay on my coffee table is just a lump of clay. But to the art patrons of the world - the blue grey sculpture symbolishes the life force of an elephant blending with the cool blue water of the local watering hole. The grey protuberances symbolize the ritual cleansing and erotic feel as the elephant splahes water over it's ears and upon it's back.

So how's that for starters? :lmao:

Sweet Sue

EXCELLENT!!!!!!Now that is what I was thinking about....

Welcome back Sue. :thumbsup2 So glad to hear Christina is doing so well. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Emily (rotary2808), your extender went out priority mail today. :cool1: Hope you enjoy it.

Carol and Doug

Oops! I goofed. :blush: It's Bob of BobandLee that I was thinking of for Grills. Bob? PM if you have a chance. I'd like to make sure the Radisson Meet and Grills are covered for Saturday.

As for the art work my DM (otherwise known as Nana) said that we can certainly frame original artwork by Christina for silent auction at the wine tasting event. Of course then I answered that the auction would be very silent indeed! :rotfl2:

Sweet Sue

Hi Everyone

Been off the boards for a few days and now there are to many posts to try and catch up with. For any and all lurkers out there - get you name on the cruise list if you want name badges and lanyards for everyone in your group! Please don't wait for the last minute.

Had a great time in Napa over the weekend. I really like the Iron Horse vineyard and winery.

Ken

My husband and 9 y.o. son are just poopers. Yea, I said it, "poopers". Can I say that on the disboards? They don't wanna do the Jammie Breakfast. That's alright! I'm the one in the family who does the packing and the laundry. They'll see just what's left to wear in their respective drawers the morning of the breakfast. That's right. Nothing but Mickey. And if they don't come down to breakfast, I'll just cry & be mopey all day.

Sandy

Strissel said:
My husband and 9 y.o. son are just poopers. Yea, I said it, "poopers". Can I say that on the disboards? They don't wanna do the Jammie Breakfast. That's alright! I'm the one in the family who does the packing and the laundry. They'll see just what's left to wear in their respective drawers the morning of the breakfast. That's right. Nothing but Mickey. And if they don't come down to breakfast, I'll just cry & be mopey all day.

Sandy

There are a lot of us guys who want to and will have fun. Your DH and DS might just get into the mood once onboard.

Hi Sue!!! Glad to see you back again. Don't worry I'll help keep you up to date on the postings here.

Thanks Carol. I'll keep an eye out for it. :thumbsup2 Can't wait to figure out how I'm going to decorate it. :confused3

Don't think I'm going to be able to put in my quota of posts today. I tried but I missed a few hours this evening so I am now behind. Oh well.

Later guys!!!

BobandLee said:
Yes. Walked back to the tendering dock. Noooooooo problemo.

Hey Bob, don't forget, on the way back to the dock we stopped at the little tiki place where they gave us the free japenese food.

Strissel said:

Sandy

Sandy

You could tell them that (a) it is the only way they are getting breakfast on Tuesday....or (b) once you're signed up you are committed!!!!!

Wow you guys have been busy. Finally all caught up. We had a great time in WI with the family but it will be great to get back home tomorrow morning.

Good Night everyone!

Evening all!! Just back from a low carb dinner ( :sad2: ) and a movie Talledega Nights. I did this :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: all through the movie. I almost shot diet coke out of my nose I was laughing so hard. You have to be a nascar fan and get the way race car drivers act and such. And liking Will Ferrell is imperitive.

Kevin is now the proud owner of not one- but 2 grass skirts. Had to go to 2 stores to find them as they were all sold out at the first one!

About to go to see You, Me, and Dupree. It's supposed to be funny so we'll see.

I'll check in later!

:surfweb: :surfweb: Still looking for pirate costumes! Coming up with the same song and dance of SOLD OUT!

PrettyInTink said:
Evening all!! Just back from a low carb dinner ( :sad2: ) and a movie Talledega Nights. I did this :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: all through the movie. I almost shot diet coke out of my nose I was laughing so hard. You have to be a nascar fan and get the way race car drivers act and such. And liking Will Ferrell is imperitive.

Kevin is now the proud owner of not one- but 2 grass skirts. Had to go to 2 stores to find them as they were all sold out at the first one!

About to go to see You, Me, and Dupree. It's supposed to be funny so we'll see.

I'll check in later!

:surfweb: :surfweb: Still looking for pirate costumes! Coming up with the same song and dance of SOLD OUT!

Did Kevin get a formal and a casual grass skirt combo????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter