Sept/Oct Planners Check in here

Its funny about Dinosaur, DW is afraid of just about every ride and gets motion sickness easily but she went on Dinosaur last time and loved it. So we went on it again and again and again. No queues when we went so we could just jump back on. DD who was 8 at the time hated it and we have pictures of her head buried under my arm at the end of the ride.

Dinosaur is loud, very loud and dark. You get bounced around a lot and the fact you can not see where you are going you can not brace yourself for the sharp turns.

PS Less than 4 weeks to go and the excitement is starting to build. Days seem to be going a little slower as well.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh dinosaur sounds like it is not for me! I went on indiana jones last year and nearly ......well lets just say I felt like I needed to sit down after it. I was on the outside off the row and felt that if I let go I would of been thrown out for dead. Oh I really did not like it. But hey DD(10) at the time loved it and so did DH. But then again I am a big baby.

Indiana Jones was our families favourite ride, except we didn't take DS who was 7 at the time on it. We felt it might've been too much for him but he has growled at us about it since saying we should have taken him on.

I don't think we'll take him on Dinosaur but I'm definitely going to ride it.

Oh you are all braver than me, but hey thats not hard. We will be at the mouses house the same time as you Ms. Shuttergirl and oz-kateer, we leave on the 19th though....so exciting isn't it. Just wishing the days would pass a little faster now..........

Is Dinosaur really rough? I am sure that last time there was one of those blood pressure/pregnant/neck/back problem warning signs. We didn't go on it but I am wondering about this trip. If it isn't too rough the I may be able to go on it. A friend of mine said she didn't remember it being rough but then I thought I read somewhere ages ago about it being so rough that the person had a sore neck from the ride :confused3

Would love to hear from those who have been on it.

It's rough, Aussie. Very jerky and bumpy and dark and very, very L O U D!!! Very intense.

And because it's dark you can't see what's coming up so it feels jerky indeed!

The contraindications of the ride in my WDW Bible here says it comes with a "Health Warning" so that usually means pregnant mums, people with back and neck problems, broken bones, motion sickness issues etc shouldn't ride.

aussietravellers if its like indiana jones like everyone says it is then yes it is VERY BUMPY. When we lined up for indiana jones an america lady in the line said "oh its fun its a little bumy". Holy cow a little I felt like I was going to fall out of my seat and held on for dear life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's rough, Aussie. Very jerky and bumpy and dark and very, very L O U D!!! Very intense.

And because it's dark you can't see what's coming up so it feels jerky indeed!

The contraindications of the ride in my WDW Bible here says it comes with a "Health Warning" so that usually means pregnant mums, people with back and neck problems, broken bones, motion sickness issues etc shouldn't ride.

aussietravellers if its like indiana jones like everyone says it is then yes it is VERY BUMPY. When we lined up for indiana jones an america lady in the line said "oh its fun its a little bumy". Holy cow a little I felt like I was going to fall out of my seat and held on for dear life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of :headache: I really wanted to ride it. Loud I can cope with but I am not allowed any rollercoasters or rough rides with the torn artery in my neck :sad1:

:sad1: Looks like I may have to give that a miss :sad1: So looks like I will be sitting outside whilst everybody else goes in and has a fun ride :sad1:

Hey Aussie, now I think about it I seem to recall that they run the ride a few times a day on "chicken mode" (for want of a better term) for people who can't handle the intensity of the rough ride but still want to expereince the attraction.

Let me try and see if that was maybe just a thought I had or if it was real.... I'm prett sure it's real.

There was a schedule, I'm sure - will dig out my brouchures from last year and etc and have a look.

Hey Aussie, now I think about it I seem to recall that they run the ride a few times a day on "chicken mode" (for want of a better term) for people who can't handle the intensity of the rough ride but still want to expereince the attraction.

Let me try and see if that was maybe just a thought I had or if it was real.... I'm prett sure it's real.

There was a schedule, I'm sure - will dig out my brouchures from last year and etc and have a look.

Oh that would be awesome! Mind you the rest of the family (and our friends who are going) will want to go on the real ride, but I would still go on the tame one. I know they do have that for Mission Space.

What's annoying is that I do love rides like that, but it's just my stupid medical condition that's stopping me :headache:

We hated dinosour, felt too jerky and was not at all like a roller coaster. Also did the mission space orange, and felt sooo sick. would not recommend this at all. The ride was not great either.

We hated dinosour, felt too jerky and was not at all like a roller coaster. Also did the mission space orange, and felt sooo sick. would not recommend this at all. The ride was not great either.

Mission Space orange? Is that the tame version of the ride or the full normal version?

Team Orange is the original ride that includes the g-forces.

Team Green is the less intense version - there's a bit of bumping around when the shuttle "lands" and soforth, like a bumpy plane landing, and you "feel" the pressure of the "takeoff" and when they apply the brakes but it's nowehere near as bumpy or rough as Dinosaur.

Aussie - I have been through all my stuff and can't find anything about them running chicken rides so I've put it to the boards - maybe someone will know.

Aside of this, calling Guest Services at WDW may give us an answer.

I am so sure I saw it though - it was like a sign saying they run a special version at (for example) 11.20am and 1.20pm.

I hate to scare you guys but I read in the unoffical guide to disney that two people have had heart attacks and died following mission space. This is why disney now offers the less intensive ride (green). That was enough for me to read. Although DH said he doesn't care he is on it!

I have been on MS both versions and it was great.

The Orange version is not for the faint hearted and it clearly notes before you enter that if you suffer from any of a whole list of medical conditons, if you're just not sure about the whole thing, then DON'T ride. I understand that a few people have died after riding the Orange version of MS, a small boy and a middle aged woman. Neither died JUST because they rode MS, both had pre-existing medical conditions.

Thousands of people have ridden it without incident. The Green version is for people who prefer the non-spinning sensation. The ride is essentially the same as the Orange version - the shuttle you are sitting in still pitches and bumps around a little bit, but nothing worse than a bumpy plane ride. But it doesn't spin, so there are no g-force sensations.

It's like the guy who died after riding Dinosaur - his parents did admit he had a pre-existing heart condition and a pacemaker fitted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incidents_at_Disney_parks

Most people do have a pre existing condition which riding the ride can bring on their reaction but some would not know they had that condition. Just make sure you have your blood pressure checked as the scary thing is you don't realise you have high blood pressure very often, then you ride a scary ride and have a serious problem :thumbsup2

Yes being a registered nurse I understand that the ride its self can not kill anyone, thats silly. Its just something to be aware of if you have an exsiting condition. I read on here I think it is you aussietravellers that has some medical considerations just thought you should know what I read about MS. Didn't mean it would kill those that ride it!

We love rollercoaster rides but MS orange is about the only ride that both DH and I came out off feeling green. I loved the G Forces but the visuals of going through the lunar landscape coupled with the G Forces was just something else again. And closing your eyes during the ride does not help.

AussieTravellers - with your condition, I would hope that you do not get on MS, Dinosaur, EE, RnRC, TOT, Space, Splash or BTRR Mountains. Take care of yourself!

I liked the Pop article - it gets it right.

I get a little annoyed about people writing bad reports on the Pop, based on the "garish colours", the "small rooms", no fridges, the lack of an a-la-carte restaurant, the kids everywhere, the fact it's far from the MK, has only buses for transport and no monorail etc. None of this is news to anyone who does a bit of research on the resort before they choose to stay there. Disney promotes this as a value resort, not a luxury resort, and makes no secret of whats on offer.

As for small rooms - overall by world standards, American hotel rooms are quite large. People who complain about a 260sq foot room being too small have possibly never been to Europe, where you often have to share a bathroom even. The rooms are fine. There is enough space. And truly, your room is a sleep, shower and luggage story facility most of the time anyway.

I really like the Pop.

Having said that though, in 2011 am going to give POFQ a shot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter