Sept/Oct Planners Check in here

Can't wait to get the dvds now aussietravellers. Thats so funny you are first born as well, the book I read is so true. I think that 90% of us on here would be first borns as we love to be organised! We all actually enjoy it, which of course my last born husband just really doesn't get.

Oh I'm so glad you loved it Aussietravellers. That makes me relieved :rotfl: and happy.

Didn't you just love all of the bits of info about when WDW was being built and the interviews with the Imagineers.

Oh I'm so glad you loved it Aussietravellers. That makes me relieved :rotfl: and happy.

Didn't you just love all of the bits of info about when WDW was being built and the interviews with the Imagineers.

Yes I really loved the interviews with the Imagineers! What was great too was that my DS does not like rollercoasters and he has it in his head that dark rides are scary rides. Last time we were there I could not get him on quite a few rides, including Dinosaur, the signs outside made him run away. Anyway after seeing the DVD's he can't wait to go on Dinosaur. Even splash mountain he would not go on through fear and seeing that on the DVD, he can't wait to go on that either, he said "thats not scary" and I said "I KNOW! thats what we were telling you!". So it's great we have lots more rides to go on this trip thanks to the DVD's. Annoying thing is, now he will go on these rides and I can not because of my neck :sad2: Oh Well!

What they need to do next is one for the resorts. I would love a resorts DVD or DVD's to see around the different resorts and how they were created.

I'm about to watch undiscovered Disney Parks :cool1:

Yes I really loved the interviews with the Imagineers! What was great too was that my DS does not like rollercoasters and he has it in his head that dark rides are scary rides. Last time we were there I could not get him on quite a few rides, including Dinosaur, the signs outside made him run away. Anyway after seeing the DVD's he can't wait to go on Dinosaur. Even splash mountain he would not go on through fear and seeing that on the DVD, he can't wait to go on that either, he said "thats not scary" and I said "I KNOW! thats what we were telling you!". So it's great we have lots more rides to go on this trip thanks to the DVD's. Annoying thing is, now he will go on these rides and I can not because of my neck :sad2: Oh Well!

What they need to do next is one for the resorts. I would love a resorts DVD or DVD's to see around the different resorts and how they were created.

I'm about to watch undiscovered Disney Parks :cool1:

OMG, I totally agree about the Resorts one. I was really disappointed that there wasn't one. Now that would be awesome.

And I agree about seeing inside the rides, my kids have agreed to do splash this time, and Dinosaur as well as Big Thunder Mountain all from those DVD's

I am so scared of heights, but love disney mainly because of the atmosphere and seeing my children enjoy the rides. I am thinking of doing big thunder mountain when we go as looking at my hubbys video he took while on the ride it doesn't look to bad. Any advice?

I am so scared of heights, but love disney mainly because of the atmosphere and seeing my children enjoy the rides. I am thinking of doing big thunder mountain when we go as looking at my hubbys video he took while on the ride it doesn't look to bad. Any advice?

Big Thunder isn't too bad :thumbsup2 There are not a lot of great heights in that ride. Go for it, its great fun :thumbsup2

Kyl, you and I both. I have decided I will be giving Big Thunder a try this time. In fact I have decided to push myself slightly out of my comfort zone each day. When I was younger I used to go on roller coasters, nothing like Lethal Weapon at Movieworld but I've done the rollercoasters at Luna Park etc. But as I've gotten older it's almost like I've gotten more scared :lmao:.

This time my new rides will be BTMRR, Dinosaur, Test Track, Mission Space (the easy side), and if my confidence builds over the first week I will try Expedition Everest and Space Mountain.

Kyl, you and I both. I have decided I will be giving Big Thunder a try this time. In fact I have decided to push myself slightly out of my comfort zone each day. When I was younger I used to go on roller coasters, nothing like Lethal Weapon at Movieworld but I've done the rollercoasters at Luna Park etc. But as I've gotten older it's almost like I've gotten more scared :lmao:.

This time my new rides will be BTMRR, Dinosaur, Test Track, Mission Space (the easy side), and if my confidence builds over the first week I will try Expedition Everest and Space Mountain.

Thats one thing that I learnt on the DVD's.... that Mission Space has an easy side :cool1: I didn't know that. I am thinking I may be able to do that, I had almost ruled out most of the exciting rides. I won't get to do test track though because of my artery :sad1: and I really want to ride that, I will have to see how i feel as to wether I will give it a go. I just don't know what's classed as a not safe ride for me and what isn't :confused3.

Another really fun one is tower of terror. I was terrified but I have to say it was absolutely amazing! I virtually lost my voice from screaming so loud :rotfl2:

Ummmmm, TOT...............not so much :rotfl2:

Funny how things change as we get older. When I first went on TOT, I was... about 20. Now at almost 40...... not so keen to go on it. Although my excuse now is my torn artery, TOT has been said to have been the cause of a couple of torn arteries so won't be rushing on that this trip :lmao:

But when I was a child, we went to Disneyland a few times (first time was when I was 4) and my favourite rides were Matterhorn and Space Mountain, I would ride them over and over again. Now many years on, my favourite rides are Toy Story, Soarin and It's a small world :lmao:

I saw a thing on test track on utube. I think I might just might be brave enough to try that as well. Anyone else done it?

Test track is uber fun and not as bad as it seems. You accelerate very quickly from 0 to 60 mph in a very short time.

It doesn't look like a rollercoaster kinda ride Test track that is so I think I will brave it princessinoz. It doesn't have any major drops in it does it? Thats what I hate, I was even in a panic on the pirates ride at disneyland last year when it dropped....I know I am a big baby.

No major drops in Test Track. You sit in a 'car' and it goes over some bumps and curves before it hits the accelerator button. It's one of the few rides that takes a photo that you can add to your photopass.

Test Track is great - not a rollercoaster at all.

You sit in a roofless simulated car, two rows of three and put on a seatbelt. There is room at your feet for a bag. Make sure you remove your hat and sunglasses and put them in your bag (or sit on your hat) before the ride starts as they will both fly off when the car goes on to the outside track and suddenly accelerates.

The story of the ride if that you are in a car being run through various methods of factory testing. You go around tight bends, go over bumpy "road", sudden braking, swirving around witches hats, extreme cold and heat etc. This all takes place indoors, and the speed of the ride varies. The car is on a track, which is reasonably flat.

At the end of the ride you go outside on to a track where the car accelerates very fast - it's exhilarating! The wind in your hair etc. Feels fantastic. The car then slows down and you go back down into the ride loading area to exit the vehicle.

My son and I rode TT over and over again and he was only 6 at the time - it's not scary.

Added: Try riding TT at night as well as during the day - the lights going by really fast look great.

Take care with children on Dinosaur - it's dark and VERY loud. My son, who is a real daredevil and will give anything a go (including ToT), started crying towards the end and this is the only ride he has vowed never to go on again.

Take care with children on Dinosaur - it's dark and VERY loud. My son, who is a real daredevil and will give anything a go (including ToT), started crying towards the end and this is the only ride he has vowed never to go on again.

Ditto!

The Dinosaur ride uses the same ride technology as Indiana Jones in DLR. It is the one ride that my 10 yo son did NOT enjoy!

I have to admit that both DH and I remembered it differently from 2005 to 2010. Not sure if they changed the ride in between but we didn't enjoy it as much as we did in 2005. Indiana Jones at DLR is a much better ride experience.

So it is similar to Indiana Jones but not as good?

My DS8 loves dinosaurs but I said my DD12 and I would ride the Dinosaur ride first to see if it was something he would like. He is a little bit of a fraidy cat so now I don't know what to do..

Ditto!

The Dinosaur ride uses the same ride technology as Indiana Jones in DLR. It is the one ride that my 10 yo son did NOT enjoy!

I have to admit that both DH and I remembered it differently from 2005 to 2010. Not sure if they changed the ride in between but we didn't enjoy it as much as we did in 2005. Indiana Jones at DLR is a much better ride experience.

I think it was just the intensity of the whole thing that got to my DS, not the bumping of the ride.

It's indoors, the dinosaurs are roaring, and mean ROARING, and moving close to the cars, that are jerking about, while the time travellers are yelling instructions to each other..... after a few minutes he was over it. I would have loved to have ridden it again without him to see what the ride actually had to offer but I spent my ride cuddling him and fretting about how worked up he was getting.

Maybe this time I can ride with an older child while DS gets babysat!

So it is similar to Indiana Jones but not as good?

My DS8 loves dinosaurs but I said my DD12 and I would ride the Dinosaur ride first to see if it was something he would like. He is a little bit of a fraidy cat so now I don't know what to do..

It is dark and LOUD in places. If your DS doesn't like either, then this is not a good ride for him.
My DS10 HATES both; but loved the RnRC ride and Space Mountain. :confused3
He did NOT like the Dinosaur ride!
He also loved EE, Kali, BTMRR, Splash, Soarin', Test Track. He used to not like PoTC but found that really mild this trip. He wasn't happy about Maelstrom - it didn't have enough spills and excitement for him. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter