Sept. Challenge

Umm....not sure where the idea that Scrapbook 101 closing came from, but that is definitely NOT the case. Not are they still in business, but are in the process of building a BIGGER store.

Also, when I said one of "our" kids it isn't my personal biological child. But any of the boys on the team in a sense belong to all the parents. Jesse is out now from the latest word - an opposing player came down with what was essentially a chop block to the back of his neck as he was attempting to catch a pass. (For those not well versed in football ANY contact from a defender BEFORE the receiver has possession of the ball is considered pass interference and the type of contact in this case should have been called as a personal foul) It caused his neck to "snap" and pushed him towards the ground at an odd angle. The long and short is that he hit the ground hard and in such a way that his spine and neck hyperextended, and his mouth piece jabbed into that little bridge of skin between the upper lip and jaw. Of course there was also concern of concussion, especially since he was out cold on the field for more than a minute. Thankfully it looks like there won't be any long term or permanent damage.

Mine isn't actually on the field this year due to a couple of factors, most of which could have been dealt with except for an injured knee. He took a hit last year, and it never healed correctly. Which I didn't know! Denial is an amazing thing in a high schooler! Finally found out that over the summer with all the backpacking he did it just got worse. He is doing all of the filming, etc and was helping the trainer with equipment a couple of weeks ago and she caught that he was limping rather noticeably. Apparently he didn't think about hiding it from her. She assessed it, and had the team doc look at it - he heads for the orthopedic surgeon for a more complete assessment on the 29th!

Anyway, that all made for a lot of energy to use putting pages together! :rolleyes:

Deb

Deb - Thanks for clarifying about SB101. Where's the new store going to be? I'm so glad the boy who was hurt will be ok. There's no excuse for that stuff at any level!!!! Unfortunately, even pro ref's miss stuff and HS ref's are less than pro. It's up to coaches and parents to teach teh kids not to do these things, but we all know that doesn't always happen either! I hope all goes well with your son's injury too!

I'm finally getting back on track. Put me down for 6 mor pages. Oh boy, that's a whopping total of 10!

Deb - good way to use your stress energy! I hope things go well on the 29th!

I have another 9 pages for a total this month of 19. Thanks for the motivation you guys!

Latest totals:

Disneygal027: NR
jennz: 19
ILOVEPOOH1: NR
ToDisney: 60
TN Traveler: 15
WDWgwen13: NR
wdwprincess_keli: NR
pjlla: 8
Alice28: 84
OurDogCisco: NR
wuvtigger: 6
wtpclc: 10
cobbler: 14
pattyT: 6

Today is the 28th and I'll check in throughout the week. Oct 1st I am out of town so if possible I'll post the winner over the weekend. I'm pretty sure I'm done for the month - didn't get any scrapping done this weekend. Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes I guess.

Deb

I got 18 done this weekend! That makes 28 total. Not anywhere near 84, but at least I'm moving again!!! Thanks for the tracking you've done Deb!!

2 more last night. That puts it up to 30. That should be it for me for the month. I'm going to a scrapping weekend Friday, though, so I'll be getting an awesome start fo rOctober. Better watch out everyone!

Uh oh Carrie the challenge is on! :) I'm going to my first power layout in October too...not a whole weekend but you never know how much I might be inspired!

Yikes! Jennz, PL is VERY inspiring. And, you'll be one up on me, 'cause I won't have room to use PL at it's best. I'll be Power Sorted by the end of the weekend , though and, once you're sorted, PL is SOOO easy!

I think I'm caught up for awhile. I have a few more pictures to scrap in my 7x7 album, and some pictures in the camera....so I won't be participating in the next few challenges. And if I do, it won't be like this month, that's for sure! I'm intrigued with the PL box; I think I need to get one of those for my mom for Christmas. She's kind of new to scrapping and has a hard time keeping organized and such.

Watch out ladies.... I haven't posted my totals lately... been too busy SCRAPPING!! But I'll be sure to post in the next day or two. I've been keeping a tally sheet on my work table! It's has been a great month for me, as far as scrapping goes... probably not the winning amount, but I am pleased!..................P

Okay.... my total for the month (assuming I don't do any today ;) ) is..... *drum roll*..........45 !!!! Yeah me! I know it's not the winner, but WOW! That is an amazing number for me! (Goes to show you what kind of time I have now that the kids are in school!)..............Hope everyone else had a productive month too!....................P

Awesome job pjlla! I think it is the motivation to get more done than we think we can in a month that is the real benefit of these challenges!

Deb

Well, i guess I'm coming in at the bottom of the barrel. Didn't complete one page last week altho I did spend a few mins cropping pictures and then this week I've been in Atlanta for a travel show, today I'm playing catch up on emails and laundry.
Friday I have a class on Princess Cruise lines and Saturday will be working a booth at our town's Fall Festival. Maybe I can get into the swing of things Sunday or Monday.

Well it is the end of the month and I did suck-y. I only did my 14 pages.

BUT - I did crop a whole mess of photos yesterday so now they only need to be put in the album AND I did sort through ALL my pics - put them in my power sort box and they are divided by what album they need to go in.

Here is to a better October :)

Alice28 is definitely the winner with 84 pages complete.

So please email me at Deb.Patten@davenport.edu with your address and also an idea on what you're scrapping in the upcoming months so I can put a package together that is appropriate. Since I didn't post a list at the beginning I figured I'd see who won and then get an assortment together for them!

Deb

Congrats to Alice28! Maybe I'll do better for October. Travel slows down somewhat in the fall months and then picks up again in Jan. Of course since it's the 4th of Oct and I haven't done one thing in my album yet, this is not a good sign!! :(

Tomorrow.........tomorrow.........
Karen...aka TN Traveler!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter