• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 30, 2006 -- Eastern Magic

I've still got knick knacks to get. Still need a new camera bag & surge protector (Circuit city?). Maybe some fun light reading, maybe 2 or 3. Still don't have underwater cameras yet.

Oh gosh!! What am I missing?

Gotta charge camera batteries & camcorder batteries. Get all my cords, chargers, memory cards & tapes together.

I bought the magnetic paper but my ink was running low. I ended up sending some stuff to be printed to my local Kinkos online for $2.84.

I'll get them laminated when I pick them up. Now I just need the magnetic tape.

Where's my packing list!!!!

David

Jennifer-
We are excited to meet you today! My DH is coming with us so we can make a beeline back to mall from there. I'm sure he'd love it if you could bring yours too. See ya at 10...
Cindy

Cindy: My better half left for Philly this morning...he knows to stay away from me the week before vacation! :rotfl2: I look like this :furious: because of the stress of packing for 6. Yep...after McDonalds I am off to the mall. See you all soon!

Jennifer

Here we are - a bit windblown but the only recent picture I could find of all of us!
IMG_0495-1.jpg

Kathie

Here is my clan on semiformal night last year on the Magic:
MinnieMouse.jpg

That's me, Emma, Minnie, Mallory and my wife Pam.

Someone else mentioned that they were staying at the Hyatt the night before and taking the Disney Bus to the port - we are doing the same thing. Our flight Friday night isn't scheduled to arrive till past 11 PM. I can just see us dragging two suitcases and two unconscious children around the airport. At least we won't have far to go. :) I'm hoping it all goes well; we always seem to hit some sort of transportation snafu every time we go to Orlando.

Well, it’s off to Target for more cruise related items. Only 6 more days to the boat!

-Jason.

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on the thread for quite a while, but with the boat ride only days away, its time.
Didi just came in from a long shopping effort. She was laughing wildly, and is typing a message for the board. Even I don't know the theme yet. She won't tell me until she posts.

So without further waiting...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeeee's
Didi

:rockband: party:

What a day, I am now sitting down with a glass of Cab :drinking1 to calm my jittery nerves. I got the big wine glass with my blue mickey wine glass charm. :drinking1 :smickey: I'm not sure if Mickey drinks, but I do!!!! :drinking1 :lmao:

For the menfolk, just cover your eyes and don't read this. Yes, I went bra shopping!!!! :rolleyes: Went to on JC Penny and they only had one of the kind I like. I had them call the nearest JC Penny to put the remaining two on hold for me and I drove like a maniac :car: :drive: picked them up and drove back. On the way I took a wrong exit and got pulled over by a nice police man!!! ::cop: ::yes:: :sad2: He asked me real nicely ::cop: if I knew how fast I was going. :confused3 Truthfully, I didn't know, all I had on my brain was the list of stuff I had to pick up from Walmart!!!! :yay: :crazy2: So the nice policeman asked me when was the last time I got a ticket, I said never. Then he asked when was the last time I was pulled over. I told him I really don't remember sir. :hyper:

Time for another sip of wine, make that a big gulb!! :drinking1

The very nice policeman asked me for my picture ID aka mug shot along with the registration. He came back with a big smile and told me that I had a perfect record and because I told the truth all I was getting was a verbal warning. :cheer2: :cheer2: He aslo told me that if I had not told the truth I would have gotten a big ticket of $260.00. I love that policeman!!! :love:

Okay, next I finally found the Walmart and got close to $260.00 worth of stuff. I got lots and lots of stuff and I don't ever want to go back there again. :lmao: Maybe tomorrow, but I'll focus on my driving. ;)

Jennifer, I too look like this the week prior to the trip :furious: , my DH trys to stay on my good side. He cleaned the bathrooms today for me and folded the laundry.

Time for more of my nerve medicine!!!! :drinking1
DiDi :grouphug:

Okay, now this whole cruise thing is actual starting to feel real to me. I had no intention of starting packing until later in the week, but Patrick started packing tonight and it made me nervous so I started throwing things together. We went to Walmart and got every medication under the sun "just in case." I think short of dismemberment we are covered for every medical situation. :thumbsup2

Last night I went shopping with my best friend, who was in from out of town, and found a dress for formal night. It's a black knee-length wrap dress...which should be interesting as I've never worn one before. Patrick hasn't seen me in it, so I'm hoping it will turn his head a bit. :love:

I also picked up some supplies for a door sign (yay!) as well as a pillowcase to get signed for DS4. Does anyone know where we can find one of the waterproof card cases? I've tried Walmart, target, cvs...no luck. Help!

Holy cow. I can't believe in a week from now we'll be watching the pre-dinner show. :bounce: I'm starting to have a mild panic attack over here. I'm hoping that's normal. :crazy:

Oh, and sorry for the long post but I don't get a chance to post on here much. Here is a pic of all three of us (DS4 is staying with his father that week).
742059172_l.jpg

Mommaraven said:
Does anyone know where we can find one of the waterproof card cases? I've tried Walmart, target, cvs...no luck. Help!

They sell them on the ship in a couple of different sizes. I got a fairly good-sized one for around $8 (I think) last year. Don't stress :goodvibes

UGH :crazy: This last minute shopping is killing me! Now I think I need a slip and so does DD! Now I have to run back to Target or WalMart tomorrow!

I found magnetic strips in the craft section at Wal-Mart. Don't remember who was looking for them. Also found lanyards (card holders) in the sporting goods section for 87 cents. Hunters like to use them for their licenses. Also need to get a pair of new black strappies. What was I thinking when I bought my 3-inch heels a couple months ago? I am almost 40 for Pete's sake, like I could walk ANYWHERE with them!! :rotfl: I put them on tonight and walked to the kitchen and almost broke my neck! :blush:

I have been packing, ironing, packing, ironing all day. DiDi - you are not the only crazy one. I have no idea why I iron. I know I'll be ironing again before I (or DD) wears it! My beloved Vikings also lost today :confused3 so am really crabby.

Gotta get the door signs done and then I think I am done and can relax. Anyhoo, FIVE MORE DAYS :woohoo: I just want to get on that ship with a tropical drink in my hand and get on with the R & R! :cool1:

Hi all-

I just wanted to say that if the rest of you are as nice as Jennifer and Shirley, we are going to have a great bunch of DIS'ers on board. We met today at McDonalds and had a great time. Hopefully now their kids can leave their sides and go to the camp on ship so they can get some R&R!

Here is a not-so-good pic of us onboard the Wonder last year..
486293678205_0_ALB.jpg

and here is a clearer one from xmas...
597725441405_0_ALB.jpg

Hello All, spent yesterday working on packing I think I need an entire suitcase just for shoes, why can't they make one pair of shoes that will match everything :rolleyes:. How is the weather looking for our week, anyone know? :sunny: Our beloved Steelers lost today guess its a bad day for football unless your :cheer2: for the (Bengals). I can't wait till saturday relaxing with a tropical drink in hand sounds great. :drinking1 Can anyone tell me how casual is the dress for pirate night if your not dressing in pirate attire, DD and I are prepared but DH is not feeling like a pirate pirate: ? Lisa

ok, have been watching accu weather. there are 3 tropical waves that they are watching to see if they turn into anything. lets all keep our fingers crossed that they go out to sea and not to land. will keep you all posted

Count me in as another who irons everything prior to packing. I have my daughter's packed (for the most part). However, my twin DD's inform me today that they don't want to wear princess dresses on formal night because they are itchy!! So, now what I am going to do?

The pre-vacation stress does put a damper on things. I think I could spend from now until we leave trying to get it all together.

According to weather.com, it looks like the tempature for the sail-a-way party should be around 88 with only a 30% chance of rain.

I am sure we will all be watching the weather very closely.

Have a great evening everyone!

Former Hurricane Helene became extratropical late Sunday morning EDT. The remnants of Helene should impact the northwestern islands of the Azores with gusty winds (35-50 mph) and high surf (16-22 feet) into Monday morning.

Elsewhere in the Atlantic, a low pressure center about 1200 miles east of the northern Leeward Islands has a small chance of developing into a depression over the next day or two as it drifts toward the northwest. At the moment, convection with the system is not colocated with the surface center which would preclude any rapid development. Another low, meanwhile, is spinning westward several hundred miles south of the Cape Verde Islands. This system may have a somewhat better chance of becoming a depression over the next couple of days.

Ok, I have had one of life's little reminders that I really am not the genius that I think of myself to be :sad1: I purchased one of those new oxi clean ball things that are good for 20+ washings. My thought was that it was small and easy enough to travel with instead of buying a box of detergent and putting into baggies. I was so proud of myself until I realized that I could only use it one at a time - it would obvoiusly not work with multiple loads. Not that I enjoy bening the laundry queen :laundy: but I do not like the idea of packing dirty clothes with clean ones...Too much work to be done in such little time! I shouldn't even be visiting these boards right now - WAY TOO much to do but can't stay away~

CNB1124 said:
Count me in as another who irons everything prior to packing.
Ditto - I iron everything before packing too. But, and you all will think this is pretty sick, but I like to iron, ok I LOVE to iron, :blush: for some reason it really calms me down. Plus making perfect creases totally satisfies my OCD. :lmao:

Started packing today and did my last run to Target. :moped: Door signs are done. :artist: Pillow cases are bagged. I think I'm pretty much ready... I'm sorry so many of you are having nightmares and not able to sleep. I've been sleeping like a baby. :cloud9: But, my turn will come. I have a really hard time sleeping in beds other than my own so I'll probably have a couple of restless nights on the ship. :guilty: I think DS is having a little trouble sleeping tonight. He has come out of his bedroom probably about 6 times over the last 2 hours with a ton of different excuses - mostly our cat Calico is bugging him... :cat:

By the way, I LOVE all the pictures of everyone - what awesome looking families!! :cutie:

Can you believe we only have FIVE more days???? Hoo hoo! Let's all scream together - wwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Good night all!
Angela

Tropical Weather Outlook

Statement as of 5:30 am EDT on September 25, 2006
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico...

Cloudiness and showers associated with a tropical wave and a broad area of low pressure located a little more than 1000 miles east of the northern leeward are poorly organized. Upper-level winds have become less conducive for development.

Elsewhere...tropical storm formation is not expected through Tuesday.

$$ Forecaster Avila

We are about half packed, went back over list last night, looks like we are in good shape. Cant figure out how to put pic of us here, so we will be the surprise family. We are hoping to be at the port when it opens at 10.
Filled the cooler last night to be sure it all fits, need to take out a few pepsi products to put other stuff in it. Grandparents both like diet pepsi, not coke products.

Only have to work 4 days this week, then it is party time. have a great day, talk to you all soon
Kim

yea!! 4 day work week for me too...got out the suitcases last night and started to fold the stuff I am taking..got alot of laundry done

I am thinking about sending out some of my stuff to be ironed the first night...it is really cheap and better than going to the laundry area and using that one..it was so hot and dusty in there last year, I almost DIED! Very cheap to have it ironed..and I only have a few things that will need it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter