Sept. 30, 2006 -- Eastern Magic

I ordered DS a medium basket and I think it was between $65.00 to $75.00 -- I can't remember and it hasn't come through on my card yet. I special requested Mug Root Beer (only Mug will do :rolleyes: ) and Pokemon cards. Shhh!! Don't tell, because this is the only secret I was able to keep from him. :blush:

Betsy - don't worry about the t-shirts. We are just very thankful that you pulled this together for us. :hug: Breathe, relax, pack - remember, just 4 days until we're cruisin' with the mouse!! :hyper: :banana:

Angela :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

CNB1124 said:
For those of you who have ordered baskets from Shirley, would you mind sharing how much they approximately cost?

i ordered a medium basket with some special things like a Mickey stuffed animal, little debbie brownies ( my son loves them) and a baloon etc. The total was $50.

I ordered a happy birthday basket for DD with Tinker Bell fanny pack, girly stuff (no sand toys), candies, stickers, popcorn, princess tattoos, "pixie dust", etc. Don't know all that will be in there. Total was $56.

Hello everyone! Sorry I haven't written for a while. I'm usually in the fast lane of things, but I do read most of what you guys write. You are a great bunch!
My DW, DD (9) and I will be arriving MCO at noon on Friday 29th. We have hired a great van service we used for our Disney Cruise last year. He'll take us to Cape Canaveral where we will probably stay at the at the Radisson that afternoon and night. Does anyone want to share this ride with us? Anyone staying at the Radisson? ($109) They also offer free shuttle to the port.

I can't wait to see your faces... :teleport: Is is Friday yet?? :mickeyjum

Alfredo

Dear Betsy,

Hang in there!!! Sending you a big hug. :hug: We really appreciate all the work you have done pulling together the tee shirt orders. Major KUDO's!!! I believe I am the other tank top gal that had ordered a big size. :teeth: No worries, it will be just great to see you all. Have a nice calming drink tonight, you deserve it. :teeth: If you want I'll have one for you. :thumbsup2

Thank you again.

DiDi

I ordered our basket from Shirley last week. I gave them a price of around $50 and told them to do one for the boys together with sand toys, little candy, juice drinks, and light sticks.Only request I made was for red and orange drinks. My kids can't stand grape. I didn't want Mickey stuffed because I bought one that I'll give to DS4 on his birthday. I ordered decorations from Disney. I figure its all a little over kill but then again, we haven't had a family vacation so why not!

DH called from Augusta, GA to say "only 5 days and we're there". :cool1: First time he's sounded excited since the planning stages.

Skipping kick boxing tonight to go home and start bagging items to pack. Plus, I don't have the energy today. Gotta get it done before I leave town Wed. morning. I'll be back Thursday but work will be insane trying to get everything wrapped up before leaving on Friday for the airport hotel.

I'm sure there are things I've forgotten to do, but at this point, I'm not going to worry about it. Just going to smile and enjoy the anticipation of this fabulous trip! Okay, I lied, I can't relax and I will obsess about forgetting things!!!!!! God bless my husband for having the patience to deal with me this week :love: .

Tracey :ccat:

Betsy!
All of the shirts came to you, huh? What a hassle for you. Well, thanks for taking on this responsibility. I guess we should plan how to get them from you. We will be at Canaveral Friday evening, so perhaps we can get them from you then. What are your plans?
Enjoy your drink!
Kevin

I would like to wish my lovely wife, Didi, a very happy birthday! :love:
We look forward to celebrating it on the trip, but I didn't want to wait. :bounce: :banana:

Happy Birthday Darling! :wizard:

Bill pirate:
(and Patrick :wave: and Barney :cat: )

Hey..today is my stepson's birthday too! We just got back from japanese food..

Kevin - she didn't give me all the shirts..only mine..she will be sending you and email with paypal instuctions...if you think you are leaving too soon..tell her so she can bring them to me

Happy Birthday Didi. We will all celebrate in 5 days!!!! :banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

Just finished the last minute Walmart shopping. Hoping not to go back this week. Dh says I'll be back :rotfl:

3 more work days and then we are off. See all of you soon. We are hoping to be at the port at 10. If all travel plans go as expected, and no travel delays. :drive:

Okay, I need your thoughts. In the past, as I recall, jeans were not considered acceptable clothes for even casual night dining. Maybe my memory is bad, though, as not I recently read that they are okay. Does anybody wear jeans to dinner? Or is it....uncouth?
Kevin

Beachball said:
Okay, I need your thoughts. In the past, as I recall, jeans were not considered acceptable clothes for even casual night dining. Maybe my memory is bad, though, as not I recently read that they are okay. Does anybody wear jeans to dinner? Or is it....uncouth?
Kevin

The casual night dress code has been rewritten to allow for jeans. These days, jeans are more widely accepted everywhere. There are many designer jeans that now cost more than some suits and gowns. As long as they are not holey it is fine. I know there will be some nights that we plan on wearing them. I only have so many dressier clothes. Some may call it uncouth, I call it vacation!

Beachball: Disney states that jeans are now ok to wear in the dining rooms. We wear jeans to dinner some nights. If you look back a few pages you will see a picture of my family in jeans, from our Wonder Cruise last year. I usually wear jeans on the nights we eat in Parrot Cay and Animators (regular rotation dinner, not formal or semi formal nights) The theming of these restaurants is rather casual. Some of our party will also be in jeans for Pirate night. - just picked up a pair for DD17 with a huge skull and crossbones on the leg - very cool and appropriate!

g'nite guys off to bed,

Jennifer

Rellyrooly: I guess us Arizonans like our jeans. DH used to work in Casa Grande. Formal was a cowboy hat, a pair of jeans and a BIG belt buckle :thumbsup2

G'nite,

Jennifer

FOR THE NORTH ATLANTIC...CARIBBEAN SEA AND THE GULF OF MEXICO...

CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH A BROAD AREA OF LOW PRESSURE
LOCATED ABOUT 925 MILES EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHERN LEEWARD
ISLANDS REMAIN FAIRLY WELL-ORGANIZED. ATMOSPHERIC CONDITIONS ARE
EXPECTED TO BECOME A LITTLE MORE FAVORABLE FOR DEVELOPMENT AND A
TROPICAL DEPRESSION COULD FORM LATER TODAY OR WEDNESDAY.

Is anyone else watching the weather like a hawk? I know I booked during hurricane season but have been in denial. ;) What happens if there is a tropical depression/storm/hurricane out there with us? I know they try to go around it but does if affect the waves. I'm not a seasick person but in a 20+ foot waves I may be (DH is going today to get the patches).

I'm probably just looking for somehting to stress me out. :confused3 I haven't even begun to pack and I just realized our camera was broken when I went to use it this weekend. (It had been kinda freaking at times but then went completely black) SOOO, off to amazon.com to 2 day ship a new camera. (gotta love online ordering!)

It never fails I will forget to pack something major (like I have completely forgoten to pack all my underwear once, then, multiple times for this one, :blush: PJ's for everyone, also, hairbushes, toothbrushes, etc) It's like the basics I seem to forget but that you can usually pick it up somewhere while travelling. I think being on the boat is making me nervous about forgetting things. No Walmart around the corner. :rolleyes:
Anyone that wants to share their "must have" list would be wonderful!!! :teeth:
ps. I don't have OCD, I have procratinator syndrome. I will become a pakcing maniac about mid day friday. :hyper: haha

that system is too far north and east of where we are going...I too am watching the weather like a hawk and we get alot better coverage here in hurricane alley...the numbers below are wave heights..
atl72_latestBW.gif

MORNING!! Off to work!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter