Sept. 2, 2012 Dream cruise

We live about 6 hours away so we stay at the port the night before, then we will be at my other home AKV:rotfl2:. So excited to meet everyone:grouphug: it will be here before we know it. My husband called me today and told me to watch the weather, I already told him there were several storms out there and what DCL does if we are faced with one, glad he pays attention to me:confused3.The bad part is we work public safety therefore if a storm hits us here we can not leave:sad2: but we do have the insurance for that reason:coffee:.I will tell you this EVERY FREAKIN TIME we go to the port for a cruise it rains!:crazy2: I said if they ever have a drought there just book us a cruise:rotfl2:

We live about 6 hours away so we stay at the port the night before, then we will be at my other home AKV:rotfl2:. So excited to meet everyone:grouphug: it will be here before we know it. My husband called me today and told me to watch the weather, I already told him there were several storms out there and what DCL does if we are faced with one, glad he pays attention to me:confused3.The bad part is we work public safety therefore if a storm hits us here we can not leave:sad2: but we do have the insurance for that reason:coffee:.I will tell you this EVERY FREAKIN TIME we go to the port for a cruise it rains!:crazy2: I said if they ever have a drought there just book us a cruise:rotfl2:

We drive up the morning of the cruise, it's only a 3 hour drive at the most. Then we'll drive home the day we get back, drop the kids off at school, and go back to work. Not as fun as staying at Disney, but we're just happy we are sneaking in this cruise during school. I will hope the weather stays clear for all of us.

That's so exciting!!! We are staying at the Art of Animation then Pop Century before the cruise. We're a party of 6, so we opted to go a more economical route than the DCL bus. Hoping that is an okay choice lol but it was about half the price....

See you soon!!!

Art of Animation looks so cute! I'd love to hear your impression.

You'll probably be at the Port long before I will, since I'm taking DCL. But since there is only one of me, there was no better way for me to get to Port. In February, I was a little disappointed at how late I was picked up by DCL at the resort. (Actually, they told me the wrong time, so I was hanging out in the lobby for a couple of extra hours.) I'm sure your method of getting to port will be much more satisfying. In Jan 2011 I was with my folks, so we had a car. Got to Port very early and were one of the first on the ship. Ah, those were the days!

I'm starting to make my packing list. See you soon! (By the way, we don't use the "r" or "s" words....that would be rain and storm...)

Hi All FE participants!

So, this is the first time I've done the FE thing. At first I misunderstood, but I've read up on it, and think I've straightened myself out. Just got the thing to hang on the fish, and picked up a bunch of goodies. I was going to put items in labeled little baggies for everyone....Is that over the top? Please advise, since I don't want anyone to laugh at me.....

Thanks!
Dawn

Hi all,

My husband Steven and I just booked last minute on the castmember rate. There is still a a chance we wont be able to go if we can't get all the time off but maybe if everyones keeps their fingers and toes crossed for us it will happen!
Heres a little bit about us: This will be our third cruise. Our first was the Western Caribbean (7 days) on 9/19/09 for our honeymoon. Our second was the Panama Canal Repositioning cruise (15 days) on 1/6/11. We are excited to be on the Dream for the first time. we are both Disney castemembers. I, Holly, work at the Boardwalk resort and my husband, Steven, works in Fantasyland. We are originally from NH but have been in Florida for 2 years now. Very excited (and nervous!) about this last minute cruise!
Does anyone know what shows are being shown onboard and what nights they are? Also, since it's been awahile: second seating is at 8:15 right? what time do you go to the show before? Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all!

Holly

Art of Animation looks so cute! I'd love to hear your impression.

You'll probably be at the Port long before I will, since I'm taking DCL. But since there is only one of me, there was no better way for me to get to Port. In February, I was a little disappointed at how late I was picked up by DCL at the resort. (Actually, they told me the wrong time, so I was hanging out in the lobby for a couple of extra hours.) I'm sure your method of getting to port will be much more satisfying. In Jan 2011 I was with my folks, so we had a car. Got to Port very early and were one of the first on the ship. Ah, those were the days!

I'm starting to make my packing list. See you soon! (By the way, we don't use the "r" or "s" words....that would be rain and storm...)

Yes, no "r" or "s" or "h" words spoken here either!!!

Crazy packing now, we leave at 4am! Yikes! I'll try to check DisBoards while we're en route and maybe during our time at DW but no promises! Can't wait to meet you and everyone else at the meet! Don't forget! =)

Hi All FE participants!

So, this is the first time I've done the FE thing. At first I misunderstood, but I've read up on it, and think I've straightened myself out. Just got the thing to hang on the fish, and picked up a bunch of goodies. I was going to put items in labeled little baggies for everyone....Is that over the top? Please advise, since I don't want anyone to laugh at me.....

Thanks!
Dawn

That sounds wonderful!!!! Some people label, others don't.....we didn't last time, did with some things this time.....there's no right or wrong! It'll be tons of fun!!!!!!! =)

Hi all,

My husband Steven and I just booked last minute on the castmember rate. There is still a a chance we wont be able to go if we can't get all the time off but maybe if everyones keeps their fingers and toes crossed for us it will happen!
Heres a little bit about us: This will be our third cruise. Our first was the Western Caribbean (7 days) on 9/19/09 for our honeymoon. Our second was the Panama Canal Repositioning cruise (15 days) on 1/6/11. We are excited to be on the Dream for the first time. we are both Disney castemembers. I, Holly, work at the Boardwalk resort and my husband, Steven, works in Fantasyland. We are originally from NH but have been in Florida for 2 years now. Very excited (and nervous!) about this last minute cruise!
Does anyone know what shows are being shown onboard and what nights they are? Also, since it's been awahile: second seating is at 8:15 right? what time do you go to the show before? Thanks and I look forward to seeing you all!

Holly
How exciting to have castmembers cruising with us, thank:thumbsup2 you for all you do so glad you get some fun time too! If you have second seating you will attend the show first. I think at one point they added a third show not sure if that is still true but they became pretty flexible with which showing you wanted to attend. Shows should be Dreams, Twice charmed and Villans tonight.We are having a meet at 3:30 District lounge on the day we board it would be great to meet you. Have a great cruise!:wizard:

Hi All FE participants!

Thanks!
Dawn

That sounds wonderful!!!! Some people label, others don't.....we didn't last time, did with some things this time.....there's no right or wrong! It'll be tons of fun!!!!!!! =)
I agree no right or wrong, just lots of fun!

I was trying to get an idea of the movies that would be shown, so I asked the people on the 8/15 sailing. The movies shown on that cruise were:Cars 2
The Muppets
People Like Us
Chimpanzee
The Avengers
Brave
The Odd Life of Timothy Green (the pre-mEAR)

See you soon!

I was trying to get an idea of the movies that would be shown, so I asked the people on the 8/15 sailing. The movies shown on that cruise were:Cars 2
The Muppets
People Like Us
Chimpanzee
The Avengers
Brave
The Odd Life of Timothy Green (the pre-mEAR)

See you soon!

Maybe we will check out Timothy Green but we've seen most of the others. Not sure if any other Disney related movies will premiere before our cruise. I can't wait until this cruise. We are so busy at home because of the r and s words. And the RNC word.

OH great, the update on Issac shows it coming straight at us late Tuesday early Wednesday:badpc:, we live in Pensacola (cantonment) GRRRRRR. This may put a damper on our plans depending on how much damage it causes and wether our jobs will make us remain here:faint:If we don't get to go we can still send our FE gifts with our friends.I don't wish this "S" on anyone but if it comes into the gulf someone has to take one for the team:rotfl2: and I prefer it's not us:confused3. Hope to see everyone in a little over a week.

OH great, the update on Issac shows it coming straight at us late Tuesday early Wednesday:badpc:, we live in Pensacola (cantonment) GRRRRRR. This may put a damper on our plans depending on how much damage it causes and wether our jobs will make us remain here:faint:If we don't get to go we can still send our FE gifts with our friends.I don't wish this "S" on anyone but if it comes into the gulf someone has to take one for the team:rotfl2: and I prefer it's not us:confused3. Hope to see everyone in a little over a week.

I will run out to the Gulf with my super powered fan and start blowing it more towards Texas for us. It's a weak storm and I hope it stays that way and breaks up before going back to the Gulf.

I will run out to the Gulf with my super powered fan and start blowing it more towards Texas for us. It's a weak storm and I hope it stays that way and breaks up before going back to the Gulf.

I know we would appreciate that:rotfl: Well it's official Jim Cantore is on his way here:scared1: My husband got his assignment for the "S" today. Starting Sunday night he will be Commander of the night shift until they say otherwise:faint:. I hope hope hope it's a low cat and does minimal to no damage and we will still be good:thumbsup2I will be waiting for it to head West:3dglasses:rolleyes1

To all of you folks in the path of the storm, I'll be keeping good thoughts for you! Stay safe, and I KNOW I will see you on the 2nd!

My dad is debating if he should bring his walker. Are there ones you can borrow - and even if so, would he better with his nice one from home? Granted we can fit it all in the car!

My dad is debating if he should bring his walker. Are there ones you can borrow - and even if so, would he better with his nice one from home? Granted we can fit it all in the car!
I would call DCL to see if they have them to borrow but if he is comfortable with his own and it fits in your vehicle I would just bring it. You could always leave it in your vehicle if he decides he does not want it.
To all of you folks in the path of the storm, I'll be keeping good thoughts for you! Stay safe, and I KNOW I will see you on the 2nd!
:grouphug:pixiedust:

This time next week we'll pretty much and all be riding the aquaduck and/or having a cocktail!!!

Cheers!!!

:woohoo::cheer2::yay:

This time next week we'll pretty much and all be riding the aquaduck and/or having a cocktail!!!

Cheers!!!

:woohoo::cheer2::yay:

I am so excited! I really need to get packing. And working on putting my FE gifts together. Booking late really makes it all come up so fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter