Selling fast and prices climbing!

I really don't understand. I've been looking daily at my reservations that I made as platinum on Monday...and going on line to book mimic booking the exact same cruise every day. Greek Isles 8 night and my price is exactly the same....what gives. I was looking for proof that prices are rising so I could justify purchasing on opening day. So far I don't see it. I also priced several other cruises and went back to look with same result. Is there a reason that some are seeing this and I am not, and have not in the past.

\
I really don't understand. I've been looking daily at my reservations that I made as platinum on Monday...and going on line to book mimic booking the exact same cruise every day. Greek Isles 8 night and my price is exactly the same....what gives. I was looking for proof that prices are rising so I could justify purchasing on opening day. So far I don't see it. I also priced several other cruises and went back to look with same result. Is there a reason that some are seeing this and I am not, and have not in the past.

I have never seen the prices rise from opening day to the first day available for everyone, I have seen cabin categories and choice locations sell out. For example we wanted two 4A cabins connecting on Wonder for our Alaska cruise. By the time we booked today (silver) both sets of 4A connecting cabins were gone, and we got the last set go 4B connecting cabins.

Depends on the cruise. I first checked prices for the room category I eventually booked on Tuesday morning. By Tuesday afternoon, the price had gone up by about $500 for my family. It has not gone up any further since then. But the bigger issue on the high-demand cruises is availability. The room category I booked has shown unavailable at points, and is now booking GTY only. The lowest-price verandah option on the same cruise is now several thousand more than yesterday morning, not because the price for that particular category has risen, but because the lower priced cabins are no longer available.

Bottom line, if the cruise you are booking is not selling out (which will include most cruises before mid-June or after mid-August, due to school schedules) the price is probably not changing much. In that case, what you win by booking early is your choice of rooms and dining time.

I was going to book one of the European cruises, but the prices are outrageous. I've decided to save money by purchasing a mega mansion in Dubai instead.
So funny! I said something similar in one of the other threads. We are platinum and had planned to do concierge for the June 18th Rome/Greek Isles/Croatia cruise. I didn't realize it was going to be the hot ticket. The 1-bedroom we wanted for the three of us was over $41k. I said I think I'll be a BMW instead, LOL. We're still doing the cruise, but went for two rooms instead. We may end up switching to a later date anyway so it's probably a good thing I don't have an unrefundable deposit, but 9-nights for $41k is pretty steep. I want to say the Royal was $74k (for 3).

I'm thankful for that! We're silver and ended up booking the 6/10 8nt Greek isles cruise today. I wanted the 6/18 9 nt one...prices for the 9C went up by $700 from opening day and then the rooms sold out before we could even book. (Better for us in the long run, saving $ and I didn't like the location of the last rooms available.). This is the first time we can book in June, normally school gets out the 3rd week of June, but my youngest graduates in 2022 and that happens on 6/3 that year! I really wanted the 8/17 Norway/Iceland...but freshman start college before that cruise ends! Eventually we won't be tied to school schedules!

So, is it really a FCC if the prices were increased by that much??

We opted for the full refund when our Sept cruise was canceled (we bought new flooring instead 😂), maybe that was the wrong decision but I didn’t want Disney holding on to our money with no interest for who knows how long.

I was chalking the increase in prices to a summer cruise vs our normal Jan/Feb time frame. Now I wish I’d taken notes of the prices.

I only have numbers for the first Alaska cruise in May, so not necessarily a "hot ticket" cruise.
Prices on that one stayed pretty consistent though.

2 adults, cat 7A, no OBB, no transfers, no airfare, no ins.
Opening day prices:
5/18/2020 $6,110
5/17/2021 $6,067
5/16/2022 $6,256

I'm sure there are other dates and/or destinations that saw the price increases people are talking about.

I moved our September Norway cruise from 2021 to the same cruise in 2022. I booked them both on Silver CC day. The 2022 cruise was $148 more (total) for the exact same room. Negligible Increase.

In 2019 I priced up a 7 night Alaska on Wonder for 2020. The same cruise for next year's equivalent dates is a few hundred £'s less. (or it was on gold opening day)
I'm gold and booked 22nd August 9C for £4336 for 2 ad 1k. I honestly thought we were going to be priced out of Disney, and had been doing lots of research into RC.
So happy I'm getting to go to Alaska on a Disney ship!

These prices are insane. We are officially priced out of DCL. We’ve got a 4 night on the Dream booked for next year and it looks like that’ll be our last for a while. I’m looking at five nights on the Dream for august and the cheapest is $3700 lol. Compare that to a 5 night on the fantasy in early Sept I had booked for 2020 with a balcony foe $2100.
It just isn’t worth it

Those are some super cheap prices! There are 3 of us that sale and we have not paid under $5000 for an inside room for years. But we don't usually sale in hurricane season.

I just got my quote from Dreams Unlimited and have sent my deposit. Same dates, almost exactly the same itinerary and same stateroom category, the September 2022 Norwegian Fjords is actually $30 cheaper than the September 2021 Norwegian Fjords. The actual room is different, but only 2 rooms down the corridor from the room I have booked for September 2021 Norwegian Fjords. Very very pleased, after all the waiting until general booking and no stress or having to be on hold for hours, as my Dreams Unlimited agent did it for me.

Im out. The European cruises are just too much for us so we'll put the money towards Orlando instead

really, aww, thats a shame, maybe its the room category? You should price up a different room category or an inside room.

Those are some super cheap prices! There are 3 of us that sale and we have not paid under $5000 for an inside room for years. But we don't usually sale in hurricane season.

It’s not cheap compared to balcony rooms on Royal for better itineraries. I can sail 7 nights for $900 per adult with a balcony.

Like I said the 5 night we had booked on the fantasy was $2100 so $3700 is quite the jump from that.

everyones financial situation is different but I could just not justify $5K for an inside room when other cruise lines are nice and so much cheaper.We love DCL but I just don’t know that we can continue to justify sailing with them as often as we want

really, aww, thats a shame, maybe its the room category? You should price up a different room category or an inside room.

yeah I’m looking at ocean views but even the inside state are pricey. I don’t want to spend £4,000 on a 5-7 night cruise when if my DVC resale goes through, I’ll travel to Orlando a year earlier than planned. The £4K will cover most of flights, tickets and dinning plan for 2 weeks

These prices are insane. We are officially priced out of DCL. We’ve got a 4 night on the Dream booked for next year and it looks like that’ll be our last for a while. I’m looking at five nights on the Dream for august and the cheapest is $3700 lol. Compare that to a 5 night on the fantasy in early Sept I had booked for 2020 with a balcony foe $2100.
It just isn’t worth it
we are doing a 4 night in august and 2 people is 2100. Its our one and done disney cruise as my pocket book likes other lines how many people was this for?

we are doing a 4 night in august and 2 people is 2100. Its our one and done disney cruise as my pocket book likes other lines how many people was this for?

its 2 adults and a 1 year old. That explains part of the price difference as the other cruise I had booked was just 2 people. It is what it is at the end of the day. If we want to sail with Disney we will have to stick with 4 nights to the Bahamas. When we want to do better and longer itineraries we will sail with Royal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter