Seeking specific snacks out like a snack ninja!

DuskKodesh

Marvel Hero in Training
Does anyone else do this? I've got my regular dining planned and while I don't want to overplan myself there are things I've seen on this board that are simply 'Must Eats' and I'm now counting out my snack creds and when I'll be in the parks and far enough from meals to get them! Maybe I'm just too highly food motivated? I didn't get to try a lot of snacks on my first trip, just a bite of Dole whip, a mickey pretzel, and a root beer float that was probably cheap as heck but at the time I was overheated and thought it was the most amazing thing ever.

So far my must eat snacks: pulled pork fries at Flame Tree BBQ, Blueberry mousse dessert at Satuli Canteen, Literally any dessert at Kringla Bakeri, zebra domes at Boma, Kakigori at Epcot, Blue milk at Hollywood Studios, Oga's obsession at Oga's cantina, Night Blossom at Pongu Pongu.

If you do this then what is on your list? :D

Yes! I'm going in November and keeping a list of snacks I'd like to try if I'm in the area/hungry at the time. A lot of people get excited about the ADRs for Signature Restaurants but there haven't been many that appealed to me and it's a very short trip before a conference off-site, so I'm focusing on snacks. My lists by park are:

HS: cream cheese pretzel (cart near R&R); cookie num num (Neighborhood/Pixar Place); blue or green milk (Oga's)

Epcot: Kakigori (Japan); Caramel Butter Bar (Germany's Karamel Kuche); Food & Wine booths (too many to list!)

MK: Ooey gooey toffee cake (Liberty Inn); totchos (Cosmic Rays); cheeseburger egg rolls (Adventureland cart); dole whip (Aloha Isle); Lefou’s brew & cinnamon roll (Gaston's); Cheshire cat tail (Cheshire Cat); Nutella waffle (Sleepy Hollow)
MVMCP: snowman pretzel and shaved ice (Tortuga Tavern/Adventureland); cookies (everywhere!); hot chocolate (Pinocchio Haus)

DS: ribs (Morimoto street food); chocolate chip cookie (Polite Pig at 10:30/11 and 3:30/4); petit cake (Amorette's); clothesline bacon (The Edison);

Not sure yet if we'll hit AK this trip, but if so: lumpia at pongu pongu and ribs at Flame Tree Barbecue.

We also made an ADR for Homecoming Brunch and am debating trying to sneak over to Kona Cafe for Macadamia nut pancakes. If it were a longer trip, I might try to do the Hoop-Dee-Doo as it's been something like 16 years since we last went.

We are doing 3 day trip in 2 weeks.
MK Halloween Party: Frozen Apple Cider,Caramel Pretzel, Headless Horseman Cheesecake, Malicifent Cone or the Halloween Mickey Waffle Sundae, & Wedding Cake
Hollywood Studios: Oga's Canteen-Fuzzy Tauntaun, Bespin Fizz, Yub Nub, Blue Bantha, Ronto Wrap (split it so it will be like snack), Woody's Grilled Cheese (splitting it)
Epcot: Canadian Cheese Soup w/ Pretzel Bread

HS at Epic Eats a funnel cake with strawberries and vanilla ice cream.

MK - Pepper jack stuffed pretzel.I

Epcot - France pavilion any all pasteries.

Large cupcakes available everywhere and candy apples. (Ask a cast member and they scan divide, if you'd like to share.

In the past I haven't, so I feel like I missed out! This trip I plan to make a snack list before we go. Based on our dining reservations, I suspect my snacking will be mostly at HS and Epcot.

HS: Something at Oga's Cantina (Fuzzy Tantuan, maybe? Still deciding) and either the popcorn or blue milk
Epcot: Something from Karamell Kuche, maybe a s'more. Lunch will be from a F&W kiosk--I may trade a QS credit for 3 snacks, but I haven't picked the booth I'll do it at yet. I also want to try the Hummus fries (Morocco?) and the Impossible Cottage Pie (Active Eats?). I need to get through FP day before I start to focus on F&W. I'm also waiting until this year's photos start showing up.
MK: Either a nutella waffle at Sleepy Hollow or something from the Big Top Circus shop/bakery

I made a long list but we had REAL problems with having the appetite to order. I can comment on your list because they were some of ours!
FTBBQ pulled pork fries - temper your expectations. They were an okay breakfast for me at 11am. I shared with 3 kids because it's a large portion and I drank a beer ;) BBQ sauce - meh. Pork - meh. Cheese sauce - not really and didn't add any flavor. Fries - good! This wasn't hoovered, despite the fact that it was my first meal of the day and I had 3 helpers. We liked Mr. Kamal's seasoned fries better, and the saffron aioli was the favorite dipping sauce.
Blueberry dessert at Satuli - very good! The four of us shared but we could have ordered two and been fighting for bites after a HUGE lunch. I think you'll really enjoy it.
Zebra Domes - I was cautious because of the hype. They're delicious and DH enjoyed them days later when we arrived home. Totally worth getting them at Mara and FANTASTIC with coffee.
Night Blossom - my youngest insisted on this. It reminds me of a Kool-aid sweet tart. Very sugary, kinda tart. He couldn't handle the whole thing and his two siblings had to help him drink it.

Favorite snack credit items were Joffrey's frozen coffee drinks/smoothies. Bacon cheese roll and ham croissant at Les Halles. Fries anywhere. Honestly, the (free) DDP ruined my snacking plans!

Peter Pan float, everything at Karamel Kuche, both Gastons and colossal Mickey cinnamon buns, tochos and loaded mac n cheese are always on my list!

Our list on just completed trip was

Raspberry dole whip
Pineapple dole whip float
Pepperoni spring rolls
Ice cream from the cart near Everest
Funnel cake from epic eats
Midnight hot dog from Casey’s
Hades nachos

We got all of them!

Oh, I was 100% a snack ninja on our latest trip to the World. In the past, I wasn't super focused on snacks, but this year, I crossed off everything on our bucket list!

-Joffrey's Strawberry Frosted Donut
-Mickey Celebration Donut
-Pongu Lumpia
-Night Blossom
-Jack Jack's Cookie Num Num
-Candied Bacon Skewer
-Pumpkin Spice Milkshake
-Totchos (technically a meal, but we split it between three people!)

Whoah, are the totchos truly that big? I may have to throw those on my list!

They're considered an entree at Woody's Lunch Box. I thought they were a side at first! But no-- they're served in a huge bowl! I wouldn't have been able to finish the whole thing by myself in the middle of a hot August day, so I was glad I had friends to share it with!

Oh, I was 100% a snack ninja on our latest trip to the World. In the past, I wasn't super focused on snacks, but this year, I crossed off everything on our bucket list!

-Pumpkin Spice Milkshake

Where can I get that milkshake? Although I don't know how I'd fit it in, but I'd find a way! Like you, I already have a very long list of snacks for my upcoming trip.

Where can I get that milkshake? Although I don't know how I'd fit it in, but I'd find a way! Like you, I already have a very long list of snacks for my upcoming trip.

It's at Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies in Tomorrowland! It's served all day and it's sooo good!

-Joffrey's Strawberry Frosted Donut
-Mickey Celebration Donut
-Pongu Lumpia
-Night Blossom
-Jack Jack's Cookie Num Num
-Candied Bacon Skewer
-Pumpkin Spice Milkshake
-Totchos (technically a meal, but we split it between three people!)

What are these totchos you speak of?

These AMAZING tater tot (sorry... *potato barrel* ;) ) nachos from Woody's Lunchbox! Tots loaded with beef chili, fritos, shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, and queso sauce!

Oh, those do look good! I’ve never heard of them before, so thanks for sharing. I’ll definitely have to try these on our trip next summer.

I'm not sure if you can use the dining plan for these but if you can these are worth adding to your list:
  • Salt Caramel Sundae at Ghiradhelli's at DS ( I have dreams about this yummy sundae )
  • Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake Ice Cream at Ample Hills Creamery at Boardwalk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter