See what a little Wishin' can do? A very ENGAGING January 2015 trip! *COMPLETED 10/9*

Best trip report I have read yet! My daughter just surprised her two youngest tonight with the news we're going to Disney. It took a few minutes for it to sink in. They thought it was just her going! ??? No idea why!! She told them a week longer so she can surprise them the day of yet :)

Congratulations to you both on the engagement and wishing you a "Magical" wedding ;)

Hey Candace!

I am SO SO SO embarrassingly behind (like, just drooled over your Cali Grill dinner, behind...) - I have been wanting to go there but my fiance is so picky I don't know that I can justify the price for something he may not like!

And now I want to eat at BOG right now. ;) Lunch was one of our best meals too!

First of all - Wow what a horrid experience from the weather to witnessing the udderly bad parenting! I hate that you guys didn't like HDDR but I had a similar experience last year at Via Napoli. We were drenched and really wanted to head back to the resort but had an ADR for Via Napoli at 6 pm and it was only 4:30. So we decided that we would stop by and asked if there was a chance to be seated earlier which they did. We were soaked, exhausted and had the most obnoxious couple sitting beside us, so needless to say we really hated Via Napoli which is blasphemy as well. It really tainted us and we will not likely go back anytime soon so I know how you feel! :(

It really was a pretty horrid experience. I'm so sad you had that experience at Via Napoli! It's one of our favorites. But I totally understand how no matter how much hype you hear about a place, if something muddies your experience, it really just can't live up to expectations. We had a similar experience at San Angel Inn. It tainted us too and we probably won't be returning anytime soon. But, understandably that's just San Angel Inn and not Via Napoli.

Sorry to hear that your HDDR experience wasn't great - rain really screws things up sometimes!

And that bus story ... I will be the first to say that I'm not a kid person and I lose my patience with kids very easily. But seriously ... that is not a way to treat any human being, whether it's your child or a random stranger. I can't even grasp what this woman was doing ... it makes no sense to me. I really hope that she was just at the end of a terrible day and that's not her normal way of handling the kids.

I was kind of bummed about our response to HDDR. I will say, I didn't dislike it like Joe did. I would return, I think it's cute. But I do agree that it is a huge pain trying to get over there and if it's raining it really makes it even worse.

Right? That bus story still haunts me. I felt terribly for those kids. Here they were at the "happiest place on Earth"...or not. It really worried me that she was behaving that way in front of a bus full of people. I don't want to imagine her behavior when no one is around:sad2:. I agree, I truly hope that was an out of the ordinary experience and it was a combination of exhaustion and lost patience.

Hello. I am coming in late for the party! Because of that, this will be a long post to get me caught up. =) I found your TR link from another that I was reading. So glad I did.

I am in that "between trips" funk and have been taking advantage of other peoples magic! My last trip was in December this past year... and my next isn't until Avatar land opens in 2017.(if it opens then!) DH say's I have to go somewhere else for 2016! I tried to argue with "where else can you go and visit 9 countries in 1 week" but it didn't work. He loves Disney and all, but he says he would also like to go else where sometime too. I just don't understand that statement! So Disney withdraw begins! But 2017 will be a HUGE trip as it will be my DD's 18th birthday so we are going to do a lot of "only on special occasion" things and first time things and it is going to be around a 12 day trip since it will be our DD's last trip with us as officially one of the kiddies.

Loving your TR. My kids and DH have been laughing their butts off at me as I sit and read and they glance over and I am wiping tears off my cheeks. So where to begin!

First and most important!
Congratulations to both of you on the engagement! How exciting to have it happen at your favorite park during you favorite show! Something you will never forget.

Then to recap...
So scary about the car and thinking you weren't going to be able to go!

Raglan Road... I have not been there yet, but it is on my list. I just have never been sure if it would be something my kids would enjoy or a proper environment for them. I tend to stay away from the restaurant/pub environments with them.

You have convinced me that I need to add Boma to my next trip as well

BOG is just amazing. We went in December and requested the West Wing for dinner. I am so glad we did. The whole atmosphere in there is a bit different. Even the waiter we had fell into the "scared of the beast" role. It was something to experience. Some people don't like it because it is darker and a bit louder... but the ambiance is so worth it.

Loved your pics of Minnie. LOL I never tried the animation academy. I was going to in December, but I crammed way to much in to our trip and we missed it. Was going to go for sure next trip... but now that isn't possible with it being closed. I went to 50's Prime Time when I was there as a teen...have been debating going back. The food did not impress me then and I am afraid my kids would not be impressed now. The atmosphere is amazing and I am sure they would enjoy that part of it, but the fear of leaving hungry with the cost has kept me from going back. So cool that Joe was the Rebel spy! I will have to have my DS try your trick next time we go!

Epcot has always been one of my favorite parks. Just something about the wonder of walking in and seeing that amazing ball. From the first time I stepped into that park in 1989 I was mesmerized. Contrary to your fiance (doesn't that sound amazing!) I grew up ( I say that... but yet I was 15 the first time I laid eyes on that beauty) LOVING Figment! However, this version of the ride is nothing like it used to be. I also remember spending hours in the imagination works back when it was 2 floors and playing in the water fountain outside.

Sorry your Qwest experience wasn't what you thought it would be. I have never, nor have any of my kids, had any interest in it, but I have read a lot of people who have enjoyed it. At least it gave you the opportunity to take it easy a bit.

Cali Grill meal looked amazing, but not to sure how a meal watching MK fireworks could be bad. It could taste like rubber tires and probably wouldn't notice. LOL

I had to see Enchanted tales with Belle 1 x too... just for that mirror! Other than that, I can leave it. Nice Knights in shinning armor though!

I am sorry about the rain delays you had and that it put a damper on your mood! I have found one of my fondest memories to be in MK when it was a down poor. Our July of 2012 trip was rain after rain day. the rain was so bad when we got back to our resort one night, they had people at the concierge desk asking for refunds because they could not leave for days at a time. (amazingly, they could not refund the cost of park tickets, but they were giving them refunds for their hotel costs due to the weather??? WHAT???) The one day we went to MK, I just laughed, pulled up my hood on my poncho and I and the family waddled along like ducks in a row. It was the weirdest feeling to be walking around MK and no one else was around. I mean NO ONE. It was raining so hard it was like sheets of rain and we just kept going. WE walked on EVERY ride at MK in seriously 7 hours. Because we were the only ones, the CM's were making such a big deal out of the kids because they were the ONLY GUESTS. There was not a single wait any where! Then as we were walking up to leave....there was a CM standing under his umbrella in front of the castle and I asked him why he was standing there and he said "Have to control the fireworks crowds" with a great big grin. I couldn't believe my ears. Fireworks???? In this Monsoon... He said, "RAIN OR SHINE, The show must go on!" I couldn't believe it. So My DD, Myself, and a friends daughter that was there with us, stood right smack dab in front of the castle, NO ONE ELSE to be seen but the CM and watched the fireworks (the lights didn't go, but the music did) through the down poor. It was our own private viewing of the fireworks. I wish I could have taken pictures of the empty park and watching the fireworks, but it was raining so hard, I didn't even want to try with my phone let alone my camera. It just took something that could have been so awful because of the weather and made it the best memory ever!

I am SO glad you're reading and thank you so much for your awesome response:goodvibes!!! Reading TRs helps SO much with that Disney depression!

Raglan Road...I think you should give it a try! I don't think it's your standard pub type environment, simply because it IS in Disney. I saw a LOT of kids when we were there. The Irish dancers actually call up any kids who want to learn how to do their dances and they go on stage and do a little show - it was very cute. The entertainment there is great and the food is even better!

The West Wing at BOG was SO cool! I sat there for lunch and the ballroom for dinner but haven't sat in the other room so can't really compare but those two rooms are breathtaking!

Definitely try that rebel spy trick! I couldn't believe it worked.

Epcot is one of my favorite parks too! There's so much about it I love. I always fine myself looking forward to our Epcot days almost as much as our MK days! I feel like there's so much to explore, especially in World Showcase. Next trip, we're going for Food and Wine which I'm REALLY excited about!

I LOVE your story about the rain. Sometimes you dread those moments that you feel will put a damper (no pun intended...) on your trip and they can end up being some of the best moments! You seem like you really live life to the fullest and don't let things get you down - I love that!

Thank you for reading and more is on its way :goodvibes!!

I CANNOT Imagine what that was like! I'm an educator, former nanny, lots of grad work in behavior and child development, too. Sometimes I really want to step in, and wonder "What if I don't know the whole situation"? and hesitate. It's so awkward, and tragic.

That stinks that you're HDDR was such a crappy experience. I've never done it (one of the few shows I haven't seen) and have always wanted to. The trip to Ft. Wilderness is certainly time consuming - they should consider shuttles to resorts, just like they do from the show back "home". Can't wait to see how your next day redeems this rainy, child abuse, cloudy filled day.

Ah, see you're just like me! I was teetering on the line of "should I step in?" and "is this my place?" the whole bus ride. It was truly terrible to witness and much worse for the kids themselves I'm sure.

It really did stink that our HDDR experience didn't live up. I actually kind of liked it, more than Joe at least - but that probably wouldn't take much! I think it's a cute show but I guess for whatever reason I just don't LOVE it. I see why people do though! It is time consuming getting there and I think that partly put a damper on our experience. It would be awesome if they started doing shuttles to the resorts!

The next day DEFINITELY made up for all that!

first, glad to hear the conversion is going well .... and nice timing getting Toy Story now knowing Toy Story land is coming.

Congrats on getting the great deal on the camera! Hope it works out well for you for the upcoming trip! :thumbsup2

Ugh, that rain sounds terrible. I always go into a WDW vacation knowing rain will happen but there is like normal Florida rain and like the rain Noah is used to seeing. Glad it seems like you weren't really late in the end and while it sounds stressful to be at your table at 6:25 (with some food waiting) seems pretty good!

Definitely can understand what you are saying about the seating. I think it is good they have the balcony seating for people who want to be more observers than "in" the show but I can get how that might make you feel less involved.

We have yet to do HDDR as kinda waiting until my kids were a little older. I hear very great things especially from people who love the "classic" Disney vibe - but I definitely think if my first experience was like yours it would sour me as well. Seems like one of those things you have to really commit to going with and if you are "off" or distracted by the weather, not prime seats, wet socks, etc. it's just not going to be the same. Maybe give it another try in a few years when, hopefully, things will be a little dryer :goodvibes

and wow, that situation on the bus. It's always tough as an outsider to truly know what was going on and what led to that point, but yeah, seems over the top no matter what and can understand wanting to do more .... though (and this probably isn't an excuse) but what would she have said/done to you if you tried to do something? If that is how she treated her kids how would she treat you? Honestly, not sure what the best course of action is? Maybe instead of trying to correct or fix just ask the mother if she could use a hand or something? I don't know - tough situation, especially coming off the not so great dinner experience.

Oh well, hopefully this just helped shine a light on how great the other days were :goodvibes

Oooo I didn't even think about that Toy Story Timing! We still haven't had a second to watch it since we got it - I think you just motivated me to have us watch it tonight!

I think there was a lot of things that muddied our experience at HDDR and that seating and the rain definitely contributed. I agree with you - I think it's good they have that seating for the reason you listed. If we do it again, we will definitely try for Category 1 or 2 knowing we like being more in the action! I think you should give it a try. It gets so much hype and I do understand why, I guess it just wasn't for us for whatever reason. I, personally, didn't dislike it like Joe did. I think it's cute, I just don't LOVE it like a lot of people do. But I definitely understand why people do. It IS a great and entertaining show. And you can't really beat unlimited beer and sangria...

The bus situation was just awful. It really was tough as an outsider. Everyone on the bus felt SO uncomfortable and awkward. I do understand that sometimes things happen and I try REALLY hard not to judge anybody because, like you said, you truly just don't know the situation. I guess I just have a really hard time thinking of a situation where it would ever be okay to treat your children like that and in front of a bus full of people. I like your suggestion of asking if she needed a hand. That's a great idea!

This makes me a bit worried for our Mickeys BYBQ in October! I've never been to Fort Wilderness but I can imagine it takes up a pretty decent chunk of time, especially having to make the trek in the rain!

Hopefully Joe's washboard solo made it all worth it...? lol

I hate seeing children getting screamed at in Disney. Not exactly "magical".

Oh, don't worry about Mickey's BYBQ! I really think our experience was a fluke and it was a combination of a LOT of things that tainted our experience I think. It really is what you make it and usually I'm not one to let a couple negative things muddy my experience especially in Disney. I think it really was just the combination of a lot of things. You'll have a GREAT time!

Joe's washboard solo did make up for everything:rotfl:!!

Watching that mother definitely was not the most magical thing I've seen in the World...:sad2:

Best trip report I have read yet! My daughter just surprised her two youngest tonight with the news we're going to Disney. It took a few minutes for it to sink in. They thought it was just her going! ??? No idea why!! She told them a week longer so she can surprise them the day of yet :)

Congratulations to you both on the engagement and wishing you a "Magical" wedding ;)

Oh my gosh you're SO sweet! Thank you:goodvibes!!!

AWWW!!! I love watching the Disney surprise reveal videos. They're always so funny because I feel like it's never the reaction the parent was hoping for because it takes a few minutes to sink in:rotfl:!

Thank you for the congrats, I really appreciate it :)!!!

Hey Candace!

I am SO SO SO embarrassingly behind (like, just drooled over your Cali Grill dinner, behind...) - I have been wanting to go there but my fiance is so picky I don't know that I can justify the price for something he may not like!

And now I want to eat at BOG right now. ;) Lunch was one of our best meals too!

HI!! Girl, don't even worry. I'm behind on every TR I'm reading. I'm pretty sure most of them have started another TR since the one I'm behind on:laughing:

Cali Grill...ah it really is amazing. Take a look at the menu and have your fiance too and see if there's anything he would get. It really is such a great meal and watching Wishes from the top of the Contemporary seriously cannot be beat! But, it IS expensive. We usually do it on the dining plan so we don't have that sticker shock since it's already paid for but...yeah it isn't cheap that's for sure.

We leave for Florida in 25 DAYS!!!:hyper::woohoo::cheer2: We have a lot left to do but we're slowly but surely creeping to that departure date! One month from today we'll be at Animal Kingdom having a WILD TIME! Hopefully. :laughing:

Onward!

January 13, 2015 - Where We Visit The Doctor

I'm not sure what time we woke up today, I must not have documented it - THE HORROR - but I know it was early as we were headed to HS for rope drop!

But first? We had to do some dancing at the bus stop. Naturally.

DSC09020.JPG

DSC09026.JPG

And of course, Joe had to point out - for the 16,783rd time - that he was a Galactic Hero.

DSC09023.JPG

Did you guys know Joe is a Galactic Hero? Don't worry, he'll remind you.

Our bus ride over to HS was a lot of fun. The bus driver had everyone sing Happy Birthday to someone as he flashed the lights on and off. So fun and cute. I love Disney:goodvibes.

He also wished us a happy engagement over the loud speaker and then said we would treat everyone to breakfast at 50s Prime Time:laughing:. Did I mention I love Disney?

The bus ride was really quick and we were in line by 8:25 at HS! There was a breakfast ADR line to the left and once everyone who had a breakfast ADR was let in, they opened that line to us common folk and we scooted on over and were some of the first in line! At 8:50, we were set free! HS let's do this!

We headed right to RnRC and were met with simply ridiculous crowds.

DSC09029.JPG

THANKS A LOT THREE PEOPLE. WHO I THINK ARE CMS...

We boarded our super stretch limo right around 9:05.

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7155766417.jpg

...and Joe proceeded to open wide for the doctor.

1.-Say-ahh.png

When we got off the ride at 9:10 there was a 20 minute wait which, now that I'm learning about the great Disney wait time inflation, was probably closer to a walk on.

We headed to ToT next! One of my absolute favorites!

DSC09034.JPG
Didn't those missing letter use to spell something?

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7155779931.jpg

Joe is still at the doctor's apparently.

After we were done, the SB wait was 10 minutes (why not 13, WHY?) so of course we decided to go again!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7160809705.jpg

The doctor's office exhausted us.

After a superstretch limo ride and two mechanical elevator issues, it was only 9:45.

IMG_5941.JPG

We decided to browse some stores on Sunset Boulevard. And I stared longingly at the Disney Pandora beads and Vera Bradleys.

Next we headed to Joe's favorite - Star Tours! Yesterday we were talking about which rides we rode the most on this trip. We were both in agreement that Buzz was #1. We both thought EE was #2 until Joe remembered about Star Tours and EE was quickly replaced. What's kind of crappy is Joe gets a little motion sick on this ride but that doesn't stop him. Next trip we'll be bringing dramamine for this and Mission: Space:thumbsup2. For those who say Disney rides aren't thrilling enough, take note.

Continued in next post since I take too many pictures...

January 13, 2015 - When I Actually Like My HS QS Meal

During our trip, they were slowly taking down the hat.

DSC09035.JPG

I still don't really know how I feel about it. Not that it matters at this point.

We explored the Streets of America for a bit.

DSC09036.JPG

Don't hate me but...I'm kind of glad to see the Streets of America go. I've always kind of thought it was a waste of a lot of space and I'm so much more excited for what they have planned to do with the area. Don't get me wrong, I love Youse Guys Moychindice and my sister and I sung many a Full House theme song in the San Francisco area. But...I am excited for the future of the area!

We stopped to listen to and watch Mulch, Sweat, and Shears for a bit which I enjoyed.

IMG_5945.JPG

And then we were HUNGRY! Hello Pizza Planet! Since it was before 11, we couldn't order but we were invited to come in and sit. But right at 11, we were ready to eat!

We each got a pepperoni pizza which came with a little caesar salad which I thought was nice.

DSC09045.JPG

DSC09046.JPG

For dessert, I got the cappuccino cupcake and Joe got the Big Hero Six cupcake, the same one we got at Backlot on our first HS day, which was a chocolate cupcake with banana buttercream icing and caramel drizzle. Joe won this round.

DSC09047.JPG

So, again, don't hate me, but...I actually really enjoyed this meal. I liked the pizza and salad a lot. Don't tell anyone, ok?

I made a note here that I REALLY noticed the CMs and the lack of the Disney touch/magic that many have complained about. I had to agree with a lot of our experiences on this trip unfortunately and here was probably the worst. The CM who took our order was so crabby and lacked any Disney touch that it was really noticeable and disappointing. Now, let me say, I KNOW people have bad days. I KNOW you can't be magical all the time and I certainly don't expect that. However, for a company who prides themselves on providing "magic", I feel we have the right to at the very least notice the lack of it in certain situations. And this was one of them. That's all. I thought about our bus driver that morning and realized THAT is part of what I love about Disney and I realized those magical CMs DO still exist. I just think it's getting harder to find them. End rant.

We left lunch and strolled a bit.

IMG_5946.JPG

IMG_5948.JPG

BFF.

Next, we headed to Beauty and the Beast! I really love this show.

IMG_5973.JPG

IMG_5975.JPG

So good!

We headed to Voyage of the Little Mermaid next. I think we got in line at 12:25 and the show was at 12:30 and we made it in. This show...hm. I'm not sure about it. There are some parts of it that are cute. I love The Little Mermaid so I think any positive feelings I'd have toward it would be because of that. I personally think they could do something else with this area. We'll see!

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
January 13, 2015 - We Buckle Ourselves In All By Ourselves!

After BatB, we went to Starring Roles to get some cupcakes to go that we could bring to Indiana Jones with us. YUM!

We got the Butterfinger cupcake and the Red Velvet cupcake. I must have only gotten a picture of one of them?

DSC09051.JPG
I remember the CM at Starring Roles was great. She was very nice, helpful, and friendly. Made up for the CM at Pizza Planet, that's for sure! Awesome CMs - they're still there!

As we were eating our cupcakes waiting for Indiana Jones to start, Joe looked at me and said "I feel like every bite is a year off my life." Accurate.

I actually like the Indiana Jones show. I know some are so ready for it to be gone and I can see where they're coming from. But there's a lot of nostalgia with this show. Steve and D.J. anyone?

STEVE, NO!

It'll be interesting to see if they keep it or not with Toy Story and Star Wars lands.

We had a TSM FP+ to use after the show!

DSC09052.JPG

I wasn't able to capture a picture of it, but the Speak and Spell was working! I didn't even know it could do this but it was on and spelling different things. I can't remember what exactly but it was very cute!

DSC09054.JPG

DSC09056.JPG

Whatever the equivalent of a Galactic Hero is on this ride...well, we weren't it.

IMG_5982.JPG

Even though we aren't good...to put it nicely...I still love this ride! Hopefully the expansion they're planning will help with the ridiculous lines this ride attracts.

A Star Tours FP+ was up next!

And then...there was a certain shirt Joe could've bought for the SECOND time!

rebel spy.jpg

He was the Rebel Spy - AGAIN!

Something cute happened on this ride as we were sitting down and can probably be attributed to why I had no chance of being the rebel spy this time as you need to be looking straight ahead and not distracted the second you sit down to be it. There was a little boy sitting next to me who sat down and was struggling with his seat belt. He wanted to do it on his own and was working so hard at it. Finally he did it and he very loudly yelled, "I DID IT! I BUCKLED MYSELF IN ALL BY MYSELF!" Then he turned to me all excitedly and said the same thing - "I BUCKLED MYSELF IN ALL BY MYSELF!" and he was met with many high fives and "GOOD JOB!"s from me. Adorable.

success.1-300x199.png

Since we loved the Animation Academy the first time we did it, we tried for it again at 3:10. Unfortunately, the 3:30 class was already full at 3:10:sad:. This has sure gotten popular in the past few years! I'm REALLY bummed they closed this although I have heard they are planning to reopen it in a new area where there is more space to address the popularity of it. I sure hope that's true.

We couldn't wait for the 4pm class since we had reservations at 4:45 at Sci Fi plus we had a 4:05-5:05 FP+ to use at ToT. But we did explore the building a little bit!

Joe took a really attractive picture

IMG_5984.JPG

and it was determined he was most like...

IMG_5985.JPG

Ok!

Continued in next post!

Last edited:
January 13, 2015 - Sci-Fi DIE Inn

I took this picture...

IMG_5986.JPG

And apparently I was determined to be cunning, devious, and manipulative...also armed and dangerous...and like seafood? What's happening? Are they basing this off me trying to get BOG reservations? Because then cunning, devious, and manipulative might apply.

It was determined I am most like...

IMG_5987.JPG

Ursula? I mean, I DO like eel but that's only when I'm eating it as sushi.

I guess it was fitting that we were heading to Tower of TERROR next.

IMG_5994.JPG

Is Ursula ever scared though?

Apparently.

On the way over, I took a picture of one of my favorite quotes.

DSC09057.JPG

And another picture on the way...

DSC09059.JPG

Okay ToT let's do this!

PhotoPass_Visiting_Disneys_Hollywood_Studios_7156638889.jpg

Why Joe?

Our next experience was...hm. It wasn't the greatest meal we've ever had. In fact, and I hate saying this at Disney but, it was one of the worst meals I've EVER had:o.

We take you now to...Sci-Fi DIE Inn.

DSC09060.JPG

We look happy...but that was before the food.

IMG_5999.JPG

I'm not even going to include pictures of the food. It was that bad. I have in my notes "worst meal of the trip" and it truly was. I'm so sorry to anyone who loves Sci-Fi and I do think the atmosphere is great. That was really why I booked the meal, so I wasn't expecting this to be California Grill food but I also wasn't expecting it to be terrible. I got the ribs and they were just...so gross. There was also WAY WAY too much mayo or whatever it was on the cole slaw. I took about one bite of it before realizing that and being done. There was also...just something gross throughout the baked beans. Joe hated his meal as well, though I can't even remember what he got. For dessert, I hoped it could maybe help rectify the awful entree part and I got the glazed donut with ice cream. This was...even worse than my entree. The donut tasted stale and the ice cream was SO melty it could barely even be considered ICE cream. Oh, also at the beginning of the meal the server asked if we were on the dining plan like they usually do which we replied yes to because, well we were. At the end of the meal when she gave us the check, she hadn't put the dining plan in and charged us for the meal. We corrected her and she, VERY snottily and sarcastically, said to us "oh, NOW you're on the meal plan?" WHAT the heck?! I was shocked. This really was a terrible meal experience all around and we defffffffiiiiinitely won't be returning.

It didn't put a damper on the day though! We just chalked it up to a bad experience, learned from it and know we won't be going again. We still had an evening of HS ahead of us!

Til next time - SEE YA REAL SOON! (And now I realized I need to go catch up on See Ya REEL Soon!).

well, glad you enjoyed one of your meals that day. I think at Sci Fi you have to stick to the burgers and shakes (though I know some people really like the steak there). That is kind of annoying of the waitress ... like, why are you going to bother asking me at the beginning of the meal if I am on the dining plan if you aren't going to make note of it?

Fully agree with you that I hope they relocate the animation academy - was a lot of fun (except for when they didn't select the character my daughter wanted to do and she got upset about it)

Sounds like a fun afternoon other than some less than magical food service CMs

Okay, I am so far behind on your thread. So here is the deal... there are going to be a lot of comments. I need to make up for lost time. I hope you don't mind. LOL!
I have in my notes "omg SO COOL" and it really was. This is like nothing I've experienced at Disney before.
HOLY CRUDE NUGGETS!!! Every time I see videos of talking Mickey I think it is the freakiest and coolest thing on earth. I am so used to seeing the old Mickey. It is amazing and I need to get out there to finally see it.
I'm fairly certain one took a nap on my leg.
But the nap on the leg? Not cute
Oh those wonderful awkward Disney moments. We all have them. I once had a guy standing beside me with terrible B.O. during Wishes. Normal not a problem. But he was very enthusiastic with his arms and liked to show it often. Yeah... not fun!!!
It honestly felt like we were being shot with rain drops. Coasters + rain = :scared1:
Classic Florida story.
Joe swears he's bringing this in September:laughing:
And he should!! That is an AWESOME moment. I can't wait until I get mine. A guy can dream!!

We had a lot of fun exploring AoA. It really is a very cool resort. The Cars section was probably my favorite; you really felt like you were immersed in the movie. It was fantastically done.
You are doing all the things I wish my wife and I had done our last trip. Thanks for helping create a new "To do list".

But first? We had to do some dancing at the bus stop. Naturally.

dsc09020-jpg.120262

dsc09026-jpg.120264

Well of course, isn't that what those lines are for? :rotfl:

We headed right to RnRC and were met with simply ridiculous crowds.

dsc09029-jpg.120267

Oh those crowds are crazy! :scared1: How did you cope?? :crowded: :laughing:

We boarded our super stretch limo right around 9:05.

photopass_visiting_disneys_hollywood_studios_7155766417-jpg.120269

...and Joe proceeded to open wide for the doctor.

1-say-ahh-png.120270

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Open wide!

I actually like the Indiana Jones show. I know some are so ready for it to be gone and I can see where they're coming from. But there's a lot of nostalgia with this show. Steve and D.J. anyone?

STEVE, NO!

Every time I see Indiana Jones I say "STEVE NO!" I'm just that cool! :lmao:

Something cute happened on this ride as we were sitting down and can probably be attributed to why I had no chance of being the rebel spy this time as you need to be looking straight ahead and not distracted the second you sit down to be it. There was a little boy sitting next to me who sat down and was struggling with his seat belt. He wanted to do it on his own and was working so hard at it. Finally he did it and he very loudly yelled, "I DID IT! I BUCKLED MYSELF IN ALL BY MYSELF!" Then he turned to me all excitedly and said the same thing - "I BUCKLED MYSELF IN ALL BY MYSELF!" and he was met with many high fives and "GOOD JOB!"s from me. Adorable.

Aww! He's a big boy now!
:goodvibes :laughing: You guys are so adorbz! ::yes::

I'm not even going to include pictures of the food. It was that bad. I have in my notes "worst meal of the trip" and it truly was. I'm so sorry to anyone who loves Sci-Fi and I do think the atmosphere is great. That was really why I booked the meal, so I wasn't expecting this to be California Grill food but I also wasn't expecting it to be terrible. I got the ribs and they were just...so gross. There was also WAY WAY too much mayo or whatever it was on the cole slaw. I took about one bite of it before realizing that and being done. There was also...just something gross throughout the baked beans. Joe hated his meal as well, though I can't even remember what he got. For dessert, I hoped it could maybe help rectify the awful entree part and I got the glazed donut with ice cream. This was...even worse than my entree. The donut tasted stale and the ice cream was SO melty it could barely even be considered ICE cream. Oh, also at the beginning of the meal the server asked if we were on the dining plan like they usually do which we replied yes to because, well we were. At the end of the meal when she gave us the check, she hadn't put the dining plan in and charged us for the meal. We corrected her and she, VERY snottily and sarcastically, said to us "oh, NOW you're on the meal plan?" WHAT the heck?! I was shocked. This really was a terrible meal experience all around and we defffffffiiiiinitely won't be returning.

I'm sorry you had a bad time at Sci-Fi its one of my favs but more for the atmosphere than the food!

Urg, sounds like you had some bad CM's which is sad :sad2:

They should be the exception not the rule and sometimes it seems the other way around.

Glad it didn't get you down! :thumbsup2

I love all the ride pictures of Joe opening wide for the doctor ... was he aware that he was at Disney and not the doctor's office?'

Okay, so, don't be too disappointed, but ... I've never seen the Indiana Jones show (other than on Full House, of course). No interest in it. So even with the Full House nostalgia ... I'm totally cool with them getting rid of it.
Besides, everyone knows the best part of that episode was Steve as Aladdin. Really.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Sci-Fi Dine-In. I've heard some pretty mixed reviews about it ... but really, you expect more from Disney!

We didn't love sci fi either. Thought our experience wasn't as bad as yours. We thought it was fine but nothing special except for the atmosphere which I really liked.

25 days! Totally jealous of your up coming trip!!! Enjoy

First off, LOVE the Baymax cupcake!

I think Disney, for the most part, really does hold up to their excellent guest service standards, so when a CM provides a "less than magical" experience, it's so much more noticeable and almost kicks you back into the real world.

Your not so great experience at SCI FI makes me happy that we cancelled our lunch for October! We had been debating between spending our last day at HS or AK and had dining reservations for both but ultimately decided to do AK that full day. I definitely would like to experience the fun atmosphere at some point....maybe just milkshakes? :confused3

well, glad you enjoyed one of your meals that day. I think at Sci Fi you have to stick to the burgers and shakes (though I know some people really like the steak there). That is kind of annoying of the waitress ... like, why are you going to bother asking me at the beginning of the meal if I am on the dining plan if you aren't going to make note of it?

Fully agree with you that I hope they relocate the animation academy - was a lot of fun (except for when they didn't select the character my daughter wanted to do and she got upset about it)

Sounds like a fun afternoon other than some less than magical food service CMs

1/2 ain't bad, right?! I think you're right about sticking to the burgers and shakes at Sci Fi. I've heard they're starting to serve breakfast there in November I think so mayyybeee we'll give that a chance one day. We were slightly annoyed by the tone of the waitress...I thought we were in the HAPPIEST place on Earth?!

Okay, I am so far behind on your thread. So here is the deal... there are going to be a lot of comments. I need to make up for lost time. I hope you don't mind. LOL!

HOLY CRUDE NUGGETS!!! Every time I see videos of talking Mickey I think it is the freakiest and coolest thing on earth. I am so used to seeing the old Mickey. It is amazing and I need to get out there to finally see it.

Oh those wonderful awkward Disney moments. We all have them. I once had a guy standing beside me with terrible B.O. during Wishes. Normal not a problem. But he was very enthusiastic with his arms and liked to show it often. Yeah... not fun!!!

Classic Florida story.

And he should!! That is an AWESOME moment. I can't wait until I get mine. A guy can dream!!

I LOVE lots of comments!

Holy crude nuggets might be my new favorite expression :rotfl: Talking Mickey IS seriously the coolest thing! It's so crazy. I read recently that he can speak Spanish too...whaaat!

Oooo...BO + Disney...it's one of those things you know to expect but is NEVER fun...especially during a show about wishes...your wish probably ends up having something to do with the disappearance of BO which just isn't very magical.

If you can dream it you can do it right?! Galactic Hero, here you come! I have faith!

You are doing all the things I wish my wife and I had done our last trip. Thanks for helping create a new "To do list".

TRs always help add to my Disney to do list! By the time we get there it's 12 pages long :laughing:

Well of course, isn't that what those lines are for? :rotfl:

Oh those crowds are crazy! :scared1: How did you cope?? :crowded: :laughing:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: Open wide!

Every time I see Indiana Jones I say "STEVE NO!" I'm just that cool! :lmao:

Aww! He's a big boy now! :goodvibes :laughing: You guys are so adorbz! ::yes::

I'm sorry you had a bad time at Sci-Fi its one of my favs but more for the atmosphere than the food!

Urg, sounds like you had some bad CM's which is sad :sad2:

They should be the exception not the rule and sometimes it seems the other way around.

Glad it didn't get you down! :thumbsup2

What are bus line for if not to dance in them?! My thoughts exactly!

Ya know, the crowds were really difficult to cope with. Somehow we made it through but I'm really not sure how. I've heard they're just as ridiculous in September so I'm preparing us for our trip this month.

STEVE, NO!:laughing: If that makes you cool, consider us Miles Davis.

I agree about Sci Fi being more for the atmosphere over the food. We might give the breakfast a try when they start doing that!

The CM situation definitely didn't get us down but it was noticeable for sure. The few CMs that stuck out REALLY stuck out so that was the good thing!

I love all the ride pictures of Joe opening wide for the doctor ... was he aware that he was at Disney and not the doctor's office?'

Okay, so, don't be too disappointed, but ... I've never seen the Indiana Jones show (other than on Full House, of course). No interest in it. So even with the Full House nostalgia ... I'm totally cool with them getting rid of it.
Besides, everyone knows the best part of that episode was Steve as Aladdin. Really.

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Sci-Fi Dine-In. I've heard some pretty mixed reviews about it ... but really, you expect more from Disney!

:rotfl:Apparently Joe really felt the need to visit the doctor in Disney. Just to make the trip that much more fun.

Never seen Indiana Jones?! I mean, I have to agree with you a little - even with the nostalgia, it feels like it either needs serious updating or to be rid of altogether. You're so right about the best part of the Full House episode:laughing:!

We didn't love sci fi either. Thought our experience wasn't as bad as yours. We thought it was fine but nothing special except for the atmosphere which I really liked.

25 days! Totally jealous of your up coming trip!!! Enjoy

Another anti-Sci Fi'er. I can say the atmosphere is really cool and eating in a car is neat but the food just isn't worth it to me unfortunately.

We're getting realllyyyyy excited about our upcoming trip! We leave 18 days from today:faint:!!!

First off, LOVE the Baymax cupcake!

I think Disney, for the most part, really does hold up to their excellent guest service standards, so when a CM provides a "less than magical" experience, it's so much more noticeable and almost kicks you back into the real world.

Your not so great experience at SCI FI makes me happy that we cancelled our lunch for October! We had been debating between spending our last day at HS or AK and had dining reservations for both but ultimately decided to do AK that full day. I definitely would like to experience the fun atmosphere at some point....maybe just milkshakes? :confused3

I STILL think about that Baymax cupcake! I doubt they still have them anywhere but I'll be looking in *18 days*!

I have to say cancelling Sci-Fi was a good call. It's a neat experience and eating a car is cute but honestly, to me, the food just wasn't worth it. I LOVE AK so I think you made a good decision:thumbsup2!

Last edited:
Okay, I need to wrap this TR up - we leave in 18 days!!!

We finally figured out our MNSSHP costumes - Joy and Anger from Inside Out! Joe found a tie at the thrift store the other day and I just ordered a lime green tank and skirt that I'll be putting fabric paint on. I also ordered a blue hat to serve as Joy's hair...Joe is really against this for some reason :laughing: He thinks we should find Joy and Anger masks and wear them or I should wear a blue wig. I tried to explain Disney bounding and failed. The blue hat prevails!

January 13, 2015 - A Simply Fantasmic Evening

After "dinner" we headed back to Animation Academy to see if we could get in the next class. *Fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed*...

And WE MADE IT! It seemed much less busy around this time - probably because most were at dinner. Hopefully not at Sci-Fi.

While I didn't draw a Minnie Mouse that looked like she had just had some sort of dental procedure done this time, I did draw Rapunzel who apparently had a nose job to remove the bridge of her nose. Her next plastic surgery procedure should have something to do with those lips.

IMG_6006.JPG

And moving right along again...

Oh I forgot to mention. While we were waiting in that little holding room, I sat down next to a girl who had some very professional looking art materials out and was drawing a picture of Elsa. Not just A picture of Elsa, THE picture of Elsa. It was SO good. I started talking to her and complimenting her on her work and she said she loves doing the animation classes and comes 4-5 times per day! I guess the 1-2 times per year I go speaks for itself in the picture above.

Since we had used all of our FPs, we headed to the kiosk by Tot and RnRC to see if we could snag another one. Like expected, ToT and RnRC were gone but there WAS a Fantasmic FP. I really had no desire and didn't feel we had a need to FP Fantasmic but I figured "why not?" So we grabbed them.

I think it was around 6:30 at this point and Fantasmic was at 7 so we just headed right there.

A picture along the way...

IMG_6008.JPG

...I can't wait to use my new camera next trip.

So Fantasmic FP. So...unnecessary? I thought there might be a FP reserved section and maybe this is changed now (actually, I think I did read it is) but they didn't even put us in a reserved section. I guess it guaranteed us a seat but it just wasn't necessary in January.

It was time for FANTASMIC!!!

"Imagination...!"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Fantasmic. It is RIGHT there behind Wishes. Nothing will ever and can ever replace Wishes for me (especially now!) but Fantasmic has a huge piece of my heart.

Tale as old as time...

IMG_6015.JPG

What would I give if I could live out of these waters?

IMG_6016.JPG

"You may think you're so powerful, well, this is MY dream!"

IMG_6020.JPG

IMG_6028.JPG

"Some imagination, huh?"

Love it SO much. Love the music, love the story, love it ALL!

Well, except for the mob getting out of there.

We headed to the bus stop and I have "FINALLY GOOD BUS MOJO!" written in my notes. A bus arrived just as we were walking up! We were on the bus at 7:40 and Joe talked to his mom for a bit on the bus ride back.

Back at Pop, we were hungry and decided to get a little snack at the food court. Joe went with the tye dye cheesecake (I was glad one of us got it!) and I actually went with sushi? Both were great!

This night we had to do something sad which was to book our hotel for the way back :sad2: We did that quickly and pushed leaving to the back of our minds.

Tomorrow is EPCOT!

Last edited:
January 14, 2015 - Yeah, Use Your IMAGINATION

This morning was our last planned park day :sad1: I think we were both starting to feel a little sad that the trip was starting to wind down. BUT I think it's very silly to start getting sad about your trip ending when YOU'RE STILL ON YOUR TRIP. It makes no sense to me! So I pushed those thoughts away - we still had a whole day of Epcot in front of us AND a day 'off' tomorrow!

To the big golf ball we went!

We were at the bus stop at 8am this morning. I don't know if anyone has used the DPart app but it's an app that's supposed to tell you the bus schedules at WDW. I had heard of it before the trip and downloaded it, using it here and there. It didn't seem to be too accurate usually and I had in my notes today that my opinion was solidified about the inaccuracy. It must have told us the bus was coming at a certain time and it was much later. I know these things can't be perfectly accurate all the time and things happen on the buses that prevent them from staying strictly on schedule. But it had happened enough that I kind of stopped using the app at that point. I HAVE heard that some of the resorts now have bus monitors telling you what time the buses should be arriving and I have a feeling these will be more accurate. I'm also pretty sure I heard they have them in place at All-Star Sports which is where we'll be staying after AKL! I do wish they would somehow incorporate the bus times into My Disney Experience. While the bus monitors at the stops are neat and probably nice just for knowing what type of wait to expect, it would be more helpful if you could look it up in your hotel room and plan accordingly.

Wow. I never realized how passionate I am about bus times.

Moving right on then...

We arrived at Epcot at 8:30!

IMG_6045.JPG

Hello beautiful!

We made it over to Test Track by 9am and the SB wait already said 30.

More like we were done with the entire ride by 9:10.

Our creation...

DSC09069.JPG

That thing had to have won the efficiency category.

A quick check of the My Disney Experience app showed a ten minute wait posted at Soarin' (AKA THE BEST RIDE EVER) so we headed that a way!

By 9:30 we were in line and we got the ever elusive row 1! AKA No feet in our faces!

Excitement while waiting in line...

IMG_6047.JPG

Soarin', you have my heart. Joe, you're alright.

We got to see one of our favorite parts of any Disney ride.

Just fast forward to 4:10...

Nice work, pal.

We were getting a little hungry at this point so we stopped at Sunshine Seasons where Joe got an apple caramel pastry and I got a coffee. We found a table and just sat and relaxed for a few minutes. These are actually some of my favorite Disney moments. It's no secret I'm a type A planner and our Disney trips are often go go go. So I actually really enjoy those calm, relaxing, unplanned moments a lot and this was one of them!

Nemo had a ten minute SB wait so we decided to head over there next!

DSC09072.JPG

We were in line at 10:15 and done by 10:25. We wandered around the Seas which I've never really done and it was really neat! We got to watch a manatee get fed and nom on his lettuce - it was super cute and cool to see!

IMG_6051.JPG

Really can't wait to ditch this point and shoot from the 1960s and use my brand new DSLR in a couple weeks!

I believe the manatee observation deck was upstairs, somewhere I had never been and there's a lot more to see upstairs so make sure you head up there too!

IMG_6056.JPG

Seahorses :lovestruc

It was time to head BACK to Sunshine Seasons so we could have lunch! I had heard such great things about Sunshine Seasons and don't remember ever having lunch here before so we decided to give it a try. Spoiler alert: this was one of my favorite QS meals of the trip! Just so good and fresh!

I can't remember what Joe got but I know I got the Mongolian beef with vegetable fried rice and it was just fantastic. Of course I had to get the strawberry shortcake for dessert and wow. People aren't kidding when they rave about this!

When Joe was picking out his dessert I had told him about the strawberry shortcake but for some reason he ended up picking something else and, of course, not liking it. STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE FOREVAH.

I mentioned to Joe as we were eating "well, I like this better than my meal at Sci-Fi" and Joe replied with "dog poop <insert other euphemism for poop> would taste better than Sci-Fi"...I had to agree. :o

After lunch, I said to Joe "hey, wanna go try this ride called Figment?" "SURE!" Joe enthusiastically replied...

Joe uh...well let's just say he wasn't impressed with Figment.

Joe during the ride...

aladdin.gif

In the Figment gift shop after, I found a Duffy and said to Joe "I want a Duffy!" and he said "yeah, well use your IMAGINATION"...:rotfl:

To make up for Figment, I thought we should head to Club Cool! ...where I tricked Joe with Beverly. Ya know, to make up for Figment.

IMG_6058.JPG

Sugared and Beverly'ed up, we headed towards World Showcase! I LOVE World Showcase. This next trip we have coming we're doing Food & Wine for the first time and I CANNOT WAIT. Food + drinks + World Showcase = :love::lovestruc:love:

As we were right at the base of World Showcase about to head in, two CMs came over to us and excitedly started congratulating us on our engagement! I'm telling you, if you ever want a LOT of attention at WDW just wear "Just Engaged" pins...oh my. She asked when the date was (EVERYone asked when the date was which was sweet and I get that it's just a natural question but it literally had happened a week ago:rotfl:! LET US BE ENGAGED!) and then said something about 'the scary big b word'. I couldn't quite figure out what she meant so I said "bridezilla?" and she said "no, budget!" Guess I knew where my head was at. They were really sweet:cloud9:!

Since we started in Mexico last time (I think), we started on the other side in Canada today! I've never seen any of the World Showcase films before (I know, the horror!) so we went to see O Canada! This was actually our longest wait of the trip! I think the show must've just started so we had to wait for it to cycle through but we got to wait inside in the little holding area before the theatre which was nice because it was kind of chilly:cold:. K, that emoticon is a bit dramatic.

Joe, who I've mentioned is a big hockey fan, said "Steve Yzerman better be in this" as we headed into the O Canada theatre. Not...not quite Joe.

I actually really enjoyed this film and it makes me want to see the other ones in World Showcase next trip!

After the film we took some pictures around Canada which I think is one of the most gorgeous areas in all of World Showcase.

IMG_6059.JPG

IMG_6062.JPG

Continued in next post.

Last edited:
January 14, 2015 - Our EY Game

DSC09083.JPG

DSC09090.JPG

Just such a pretty area! I could take pictures here all day.

But alas, we had some Canadian beer to get! We went to the little beer cart that has Unibroue and each got a Trois Pistoles. I really wanted La Fin du Monde but they were all out. The beers were GREAT. We've actually gotten both Trois Pistoles and La Fin du Monde here at home a couple times since the trip!

DSC09096.JPG

Something pretty funny happened while we were waiting in line for the brews. We noticed on the menu they had these nice, craft Canadian beers and then...Labatt. Labatt IS a Canadian beer but it's definitely not something difficult to get being from Michigan and so close to the Canadian border. It's actually just as easy to get as Budlight. It's a really really common, cheap beer here. So, as we're waiting Joe sarcastically says "ooo let's just get a couple of Labatts, so exotic" and we both laughed. Well...of course, the two guys in front of us get up to the counter and said "two Labatts please"...oops:rotfl2: We forget that Labatt isn't found all over the country let alone the world and that some people really might have never heard of it! Also that maybe some people might actually just like Labatt! We sheepishly walked away after ordering our beers and still laugh about it and tell the story to this day.

As we were drinking our delicious beers Joe said something about us "giving our EY game". I politely giggled, not really paying much attention, and moved on. Until about 15 minutes later when I turned to Joe and said "OHHH I'm just now getting it" :laughing:. A game...EY game. We were in Canada, ey? Okay then. Joe responded to me by saying "ok, you can get a-wEY from me now." Love - ain't it beautiful?

DSC09098.JPG

Just giving my EY game.

In France, I got some red wine and proceeded to spill it all over my light gray shirt.

vader.jpg

#firstworldproblems

Before the dreaded spill

IMG_6065.JPG

Actually it probably happened while I was trying to take a picture of me enjoying my wine :blush:.

DSC09106.JPG

While in France, I had something on my HAVE TO GET list and France was where I could get it. The brioche ice cream sandwiches!

DSC09110.JPG

Why all ice cream shops don't make Mickeys with their ice cream, I'll never know.

I really liked the ice cream sandwich! Would definitely get it again!

We went into the Boulangerie next and got a couple of snacks. I liked it in here and I see why people love it but I don't know that I'd make a special visit there every trip.

Some PhotoPass pictures from our visit to France -

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7157513066.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_Epcot_7157513065.jpg

Alright it looks like that's all the room I have for pictures and I've got to sign off to get ready to head up north for the weekend! I hope you all have a WONDERFUL Labor Day weekend:goodvibes!!! And thank you for reading:cool1:!

Last edited:
While I didn't draw a Minnie Mouse that looked like she had just had some sort of dental procedure done this time, I did draw Rapunzel who apparently had a nose job to remove the bridge of her nose. Her next plastic surgery procedure should have something to do with those lips.

img_6006-jpg.121534

You know I always thought nose bridges were really overrated!
:laughing:

I think you did a good job!

Oh I forgot to mention. While we were waiting in that little holding room, I sat down next to a girl who had some very professional looking art materials out and was drawing a picture of Elsa. Not just A picture of Elsa, THE picture of Elsa. It was SO good. I started talking to her and complimenting her on her work and she said she loves doing the animation classes and comes 4-5 times per day! I guess the 1-2 times per year I go speaks for itself in the picture above.

I get so jealous of people who can draw! I cannot draw AT ALL! Maybe its a good thing the closed the Animation classes cause now no one has to see my stickman Elsa!
:rotfl:

That is such a cute picture!
:goodvibes

I am drooling over your cupcakes in HS.. Gahh. I need to try the Butterfinger! I feel like you guys got so much accomplished on your HS day. As much as I hate that there's not a ton to do there right now, I'm determined to stay past our usual 1 PM next time lol.

I'm not too picky of an eater but the Sci Fi meal just sounds so bad! Sorry it was awful, that's the worst.

I agree with you on the un-magical CMs. It happens like you said, not everyone can have a great day. But it's kinda like an "aww man" feeling when a CM isn't super magical and friendly.

Laughing at your Labatt mishap.. :rotfl: Being so close to Canada in northern PA (well, kind of..) Labatt is frequent around here and it's just another Bud, Miller, Coors to me. So exotic! I guess it must be for some. ;)

And that ice cream sandwich sounds delicious, holy cow. I had the salted caramel ice cream from there last time and it was god awful, tasted like burnt caramel. Might need to try the ice cream sandwich next time.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter