Secrets & Little Known Facts about rides

I just read somewhere the golden camel in front of the Aladdin Magic Carpets (Adventureland MK) is controlled by someone hidden nearby and shoots unexpecting guests as they walk by. But I can't confirm that this is entirely true, does anyone else know? :confused3
:rotfl: That is definitely true! It happened to me twice when we were there in February 08!
The spitting camels at the Flying Carpets of Aladdin are completely random and not controlled by Guests or CMs.

Thanks for sharing everyone--I've made it through the whole thread and have copied and pasted to look for and video/photograph for my trip next week:cool1: That and actually looking for the hidden mickeys should make for a "different" kind of look at WDW! So thanks for help making this trip "fresh" again!

I would love a copy of your list if you don't mind sharing. :worship:too and am looking to do the same thing on my trip in a few days. :rotfl:

Thanks for sharing everyone--I've made it through the whole thread and have copied and pasted to look for and video/photograph for my trip next week:cool1: That and actually looking for the hidden mickeys should make for a "different" kind of look at WDW! So thanks for help making this trip "fresh" again!

I would like a copy too if you don't mind sharing, sounds like fun!!! :thumbsup2

This thread is too good to let die, so here's a question:

According to this wikipedia entry, Goofy's trademark holler can be heard when a certain enemy is shot on the Disneyland "Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster". Is this attraction the same as "Space Ranger Spin" in WDW, and if so, which robot must be shot to hear this holler?

Anyone know of anywhere esle in WDW where we will hear the Goofy's famous holler?

I THINK you can also hear it at the little dip on Splash Mountain, that brings you to the happy place.

This isn't a ride - but in The Pirates League there are several real props from the movie (similar to the two in the Bazaar shop) and there is a hidden mickey on Asia in the secret room.

Sorry if this has been said already, I read the first 20 pages and didn't see it...
At Kilimanjaro Safaris: Throughout the savannah there are potted plants which are re-planted to keep the attraction looking the same for every guest. The Safari vehicles originally cost a quarter of a million dollars, there are 44 of them.
They actually cost over $500,000 each:scared1: and although there are 44 trucks, there will never be that many on the ride path at any one time.

Would you mind sending me one as well? (We are going in a few weeks.) Gee, you can start charging for this!! Thanks very much.

The spitting camels at the Flying Carpets of Aladdin are completely random and not controlled by Guests or CMs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I probably am, but I believe the spitting totem poles nearby ARE controlled by a CM.

I enjoy this thread & all the secrets. Any others? I have no problem with repeats either as with 47 pages of posts, some earlier responses tend to get missed or forgotten.

I know that this is more about rides, but there are also a few secrets about the photopass photographers. If they ask you to do something weird, do as they say. When you look at the pictures online, you may find that you are holding Tink, or swordfighting with Captain Hook... They are awesome!

I am originally an architect, now working in facilities management. It is quite a curse, when you walk into a building, and you notice the little ins-and-outs of how things are placed.

So I have to say I look for little things, like where they put the sprinkler heads, where the fire exits are located, how things are attached to the walls, how the rides are attached to the steel above, etc.

UGH!

I am originally an architect, now working in facilities management. It is quite a curse, when you walk into a building, and you notice the little ins-and-outs of how things are placed.

So I have to say I look for little things, like where they put the sprinkler heads, where the fire exits are located, how things are attached to the walls, how the rides are attached to the steel above, etc.

UGH!

LOL you sound like my DH. He is a mechanical engineer and ALWAYS looking at the ceiling!:lmao:

Kristine

UGH!

I'll bet!! You must drive your family....and most of all YOURSELF...crazy!
We are so critical of things with which we're familiar!

LOL you sound like my DH. He is a mechanical engineer and ALWAYS looking at the ceiling!:lmao:

Kristine

He's not alone. I'm constantly thinking, "Is that effect powered by hydraulics? pneumatics? electric servos?":laughing:

Engineers, botanists, sociologists, veternarians, ..... every vocation has their own 'eye' for WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter