Searching Interval International Available Inventory (for exchange)

Paul11231

Earning My Ears
When I try to search for availability on the vacation exchange, a screen always pops up that says "To view availability, please select the unit you would like to redeem". Below that it shows my "Deposited with Interval" balance (of 0) and my DVC balance. Are we expected to transfer points to Interval International before they will even tell us if they have availability? Below that there is also a menu that says "Deposit your DVC Vacation points for up to 2 years of access if they are expiring soon to explore the many exchange options your Interval membership provides".

I just find this really strange. Is there really no way to search for availability without first committing your points to II? That's like pre-paying for a vacation before you know it's available! Note: There is a button you can hit to bypass this screen, but then it doesn't show you any availability if you have no deposited points.

I recently tried & tried & tried to find some sort of short availability for some of the Hawaiian islands other than Oahu to combine with a trip to Aulani. No, you don't have to deposit points first - there's just realllllly super limited availability from what I could tell and if there's nothing available for your dates then it just comes up blank. You do have to tell the site how many points you're willing to deposit tho to see if there will be any additional cost OOP. And my problems were probably made worse by the fact that I was just looking for a 3 or 4 night stay. I found the Interval website very glitchy. Sometimes they worked and sometimes it just seemed like a loop of nothing. I would occasionally find about 3 resorts available on Kauai but when I researched them on T.A. I wasn't happy with any of them as they weren't the same quality as Aulani. I finally gave up on island hopping because I wanted to move on to finalizing our plans for Aulani and start looking for flights. We're doing this trip on a tight budget and we were not looking to add any additional cash OOP. We had allocated enough points for up to 10 nights at Aulani or 5 or 6 nights at Aulani and the rest were available for II. It just didn't work out for us. Frustrating for sure because I looked daily for several weeks and it just became too frustrating to continue. So Aulani it is. First trip to Hawai'i without island hopping. Maybe we'll finally relax?

Thanks! If that's the case then availability must be really really limited. I was searching for a 3 night stay near Monterey California, and it showed absolutely nothing when I searched the entire year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter