• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct...I used AP's to make 3 days worth of FP's on the phantoms, then reassigned the AP's back to my main profiles (so the phantoms where now ticketless), and then transferred MNSSHP tix to the phantoms.

Ok, so tell me if this is a correct strategy (at least as of now, I know after June 6th this could all change)

I will have an AP, my sister will have a 8-day PH. We don't have any older tickets on our accounts. We will also be attending MNSSHP, but I haven't bought the tickets yet (I can do that this weekend if needed)

1) Buy the MNSSHP tickets and assign to our phantoms.
2) Make FP reservation for Day 1 using our primary accounts (these would be for the afternoon)
3) change FP reservation parties to the phantoms
4) Make new FPs (for morning) under primary accounts.

Day of:
5) use morning FPs
6) CPFP to transfer afternoon FPs one by one to our primary accounts.
7) use afternoon FPs

That night:
8) reassign MNSSHP tickets back to our primary accounts for use on Day 3.

Would that even work???

OK, I do not understand one thing about the tickets needing to be transferred off of phantoms in the NBFP scenario. If they phantoms are ticketed, and the phantom account is linked to the main account (which will be used for admission) why can't the phantoms be used to hold the FP+'s that will later be transferred to the main account? If the phantom MBs are not used for admission, won't the ticket entitlements remain?

I am asking because for my upcoming trip with my two kids, I am considering buying a two day ticket for each of us to be used to hold FP+. I am envisioning being able to book the first two days of FP+ 30 days out (60 if I book a campsite?) on the now ticketed phantoms. Then, using my real bands to enter the park, transfering over the FP+ in the usual CPFP fashion. My shiny new two day tickets on the phantoms will never be used for admission, and thus the 14 day window will never trigger, and I'd be able to use the two day tickets for future trips?

Ok, so tell me if this is a correct strategy (at least as of now, I know after June 6th this could all change)

I will have an AP, my sister will have a 8-day PH. We don't have any older tickets on our accounts. We will also be attending MNSSHP, but I haven't bought the tickets yet (I can do that this weekend if needed)

1) Buy the MNSSHP tickets and assign to our phantoms.
2) Make FP reservation for Day 1 using our primary accounts (these would be for the afternoon)
3) change FP reservation parties to the phantoms
4) Make new FPs (for morning) under primary accounts.

Day of:
5) use morning FPs
6) CPFP to transfer afternoon FPs one by one to our primary accounts.
7) use afternoon FPs

That night:
8) reassign MNSSHP tickets back to our primary accounts for use on Day 3.

Would that even work???

So with the exception of @otterpop I don't think anyone here has tried to hold FP reservations using a MNSSHP ticket for a day other than the day the party actually occurs. However the experiment he/she did involved making the FP with a valid ticket entitlement on the phantom profile then transferring the valid ticket off the account and replacing it with a MNSSHP ticket. I don't think anyone knows for sure if the change party function would work to transfer the FP from the main profile to the phantom for a day that was not a MNSSHP date (you may get an error message that you do not have a valid ticket like when you try to transfer to a non ticketed profile. Perhaps @otterpop or someone else who currently holds a MNSSHP ticket would like to try? If not and you planned to buy the ticket in advance anyway worst case scenario is that you assign it to the phantoms but can only get 2 sets of FP for the actual day of the party.

So with the exception of @otterpop I don't think anyone here has tried to hold FP reservations using a MNSSHP ticket for a day other than the day the party actually occurs. However the experiment he/she did involved making the FP with a valid ticket entitlement on the phantom profile then transferring the valid ticket off the account and replacing it with a MNSSHP ticket. I don't think anyone knows for sure if the change party function would work to transfer the FP from the main profile to the phantom for a day that was not a MNSSHP date (you may get an error message that you do not have a valid ticket like when you try to transfer to a non ticketed profile. Perhaps @otterpop or someone else who currently holds a MNSSHP ticket would like to try? If not and you planned to buy the ticket in advance anyway worst case scenario is that you assign it to the phantoms but can only get 2 sets of FP for the actual day of the party.
Ok, is it hard to reassign party tickets? I don't want to screw up those!

This thread moves super fast now! I have a number of phantoms on my MDX. Should I move them all to another MDX and then 'friend' them? Should I do this before June 6th?

ETA: none of them have tickets associated with them.

When planning out a schedule using a second set of FP's, note that you can still overlap the time of the last FP from the first set and the first FP used on the second set. I tried doing this last weekend. No need to wait 5 hours in the park to use 6 FP's.

For example:
FP1: 9-10
FP2: 10-11
FP3: 11-12
FP4: 10:30-11:30
FP5: 11:30-12:30
FP6: 12:30-1:30

FP4-6 are the second set.

Note that FP4 is before FP3. If you finish the FP3 before 11:30 (and can get to FP4 attraction by that time), you will be able to transfer the FP.

Edited: Originally I said you need to transfer FP4 by 11:45. I am not certain if the transfer will work during the grace period, so changed the time to 11:30.

Last edited:
When planning out a schedule using a second set of FP's, note that you can still overlap the time of the last FP from the first set and the first FP used on the second set. I tried doing this last weekend. No need to wait 5 hours in the park to use 6 FP's.

For example:

Note that FP4 is before FP3. If you finish the FP3 before 11:45 (and can get to FP4 attraction by that time), you will be able to transfer the FP.
A little off topic, but do FP windows stay open for 15 minutes past the stated time? For some reason I always thought it was 10.

A little off topic, but do FP windows stay open for 15 minutes past the stated time? For some reason I always thought it was 10.

Maybe. It's up to the CM at the FP check-in. Most people don't have issues being a little late, but the CM is very well within his or her rights to say "sorry"

This past weekend I arrived at KRR 7 minutes early (I mistakenly thought I was 2 minutes early) and got a blue light. At the five minute early mark Mickey turned green.

I was as late as 9 minutes for EE and was also green. I thought the grace period afterwards was 15 minutes.

I can't try it out right now as my MNSSHP tix are being used for my current exp...which is still going strong; up to 4 days now without the dreaded Disney warning e-mail!

I'm tempted to transfer my AP's back to the phantoms and book another day or two of FP's for them and then transfer the AP's back to my original profiles...I'm not sure if I want to press my luck though!

For example:

Note that FP4 is before FP3. If you finish the FP3 before 11:45 (and can get to FP4 attraction by that time), you will be able to transfer the FP.
Did your second set have tkts attached?

For example:

Note that FP4 is before FP3. If you finish the FP3 before 11:30 (and can get to FP4 attraction by that time), you will be able to transfer the FP.

Edited: Originally I said you need to transfer FP4 by 11:45. I am not certain if the transfer will work during the grace period, so changed the time to 11:30.

Was this using Change Party? I wonder if you be able to Change Party on FP 4 if it is overlapping with FP 2? (After FP 1 is used) In other words putting FP 4 on the same profile as FP 2

To unlink an acct from my main MDE can I simply go to friends and family list and remove from party one at a time?

Was this using Change Party? I wonder if you be able to Change Party on FP 4 if it is overlapping with FP 2? (After FP 1 is used) In other words putting FP 4 on the same profile as FP 2

All 3 FP's from the first set need to be used before transferring a FP from the second set. I did use change party

OK, I do not understand one thing about the tickets needing to be transferred off of phantoms in the NBFP scenario. If they phantoms are ticketed, and the phantom account is linked to the main account (which will be used for admission) why can't the phantoms be used to hold the FP+'s that will later be transferred to the main account? If the phantom MBs are not used for admission, won't the ticket entitlements remain?

I am asking because for my upcoming trip with my two kids, I am considering buying a two day ticket for each of us to be used to hold FP+. I am envisioning being able to book the first two days of FP+ 30 days out (60 if I book a campsite?) on the now ticketed phantoms. Then, using my real bands to enter the park, transfering over the FP+ in the usual CPFP fashion. My shiny new two day tickets on the phantoms will never be used for admission, and thus the 14 day window will never trigger, and I'd be able to use the two day tickets for future trips?
NBFP assumes you do not have enough phantom tickets for all of your traveling party. Since FP do not disappear immediately once the ticket is removed from the phantom's profile you could have only 1 park ticket and use it to make FP reservations for 4 phantoms by making FP for the first phantom then transferring it to the second phantom and repeating until every phantom has FP. They refer to it as night before since typically you have at least 24 hrs to reattach a ticket to a profile without losing the prebooked FP. If you have enough tickets to cover your whole party there is no reason to reassign the tickets from the phantom profiles. Honestly reassigning a ticket over and over seems to draw a lot more attention in my opinion as every time you do it MDE generates an email notification.
Ok, is it hard to reassign party tickets? I don't want to screw up those!
no not hard at all-or if the phantoms are you also (meaning nobody else's fingerprint is linked to that profile from previous ticket usage) you can simply enter using those tickets under the phantom profile (you just need to have a plastic ticket mailed to you or pick one up at will call).

All 3 FP's from the first set need to be used before transferring a FP from the second set. I did use change party

I wonder if all 3 FPs from the first set need to be used before transferring or if any 3 need to be used before having a 4th on the band. Here is my dilemma, I am going in 2 weeks and had planned on using overlapping SDFPs so have some morning and some afternoon FPs booked on my ticketed band. I can't move up some of my FPs. I'm wondering if I can transfer that one over to my 2nd MDE band, swapping it for a morning FP, and then swapping it back:

For example:
FP3: 1-2 (7DMT, can't be moved up)
FP4: 11-12
FP5: 12-1

FP4-5 are the second set and will be my CPFPs.

I'd like to move FP3 to MDE #2 and FP4 to the ticketed band, then FP5 to the ticketed band, then FP3 back over to the ticketed band. Think it will work?

I wonder if all 3 FPs from the first set need to be used before transferring or if any 3 need to be used before having a 4th on the band. Here is my dilemma, I am going in 2 weeks and had planned on using overlapping SDFPs so have some morning and some afternoon FPs booked on my ticketed band. I can't move up some of my FPs. I'm wondering if I can transfer that one over to my 2nd MDE band, swapping it for a morning FP, and then swapping it back:

For example:
FP3: 1-2 (7DMT, can't be moved up)
FP4: 11-12
FP5: 12-1

FP4-5 are the second set and will be my CPFPs.

I'd like to move FP3 to MDE #2 and FP4 to the ticketed band, then FP5 to the ticketed band, then FP3 back over to the ticketed band. Think it will work?

I've tried transferring a FP from the second set prior to using all three from the first set. It was not possible.

However, it looks like you only have 2 FPs on your second MDE, so moving FP3 to the second MDE should be possible. You should then be able to move FP4 to the first MDE.

Can't figure out how to delete my question just see an edit button. Thx to all those experimenting for the sake of all of us who aren't there. I'm still hoping it all gets delayed by a few days or weeks or more.

Last edited:
Read almost all of this thread - sorry in advance if my question is/was answered. My situation is close to the OP in that my mil and great aunt in law are actually joining us on the trip but will likely only stay in the park for the afternoon and do 2 rides at most and some days just skip the parks.

If I book their 3rd fp for later in the day as something they won't ride and my dd's will can I then change that FP+ to my dd's bands so they could use it? (The "donor" MB has been used to enter the parks)

Alternately, the "nana's" decide not to visit the parks and we have FP+ booked - can we then transfer some/all of their fp+ to my kids as a 4th if the times are later? (The donor MB has not been used to enter the parks)

I think after reading the thread I can do both ... not sure?

TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter