SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will MDEs with the same first names, but different last names be merged? I would think not, but want to confirm before I merge. I currently have our real MDE set up with our real names and our second MDE with our first names with my maiden name as our last names.
The system only Merges names that are exactly alike. Different surnames would never be Merged.

The system only Merges names that are exactly alike. Different surnames would never be Merged.
Just imagine the fun at GR if all the Jims, Bobs, Mikes, Daves, and Georges were merged into the same profile.

Another meta-question Hiro - if, hypothetically, SDFP became an unallowed subject, would the moderators allow the old content in this thread to remain, or would the old unallowed discussions have to go bye-bye?

hiroMYhero - why do you recommend making changes to MDE before June 6? I have my MDE account with tickets and FP for August. I have numerous non-expiring tickets that I will use to make phantom profiles for and utilize for CPFP. My gut was telling me to wait to set up those phantoms and add the Non-expiring tickets till after the 6th of June to see how things shake out. If I did it now, I could book FP in the 60-30 day window but that window will still be available after June 6. So do it now or wait? Hope this is appropriate to ask. Thanks

My line of thinking is to do it now while you know you can and it's still allowed...once the changes happen, who knows if you'll still be able to or if it will still be within the Disney TOS. Plus, everyday you wait to make FP's, that's another day that some else can and your FP opportunities dwindle..think FoP....

Also, I'm assuming your non-expiring tix are unused? Can't reassign if they've been used.

Just imagine the fun at GR if all the Jims, Bobs, Mikes, Daves, and Georges were merged into the same profile.

Another meta-question Hiro - if, hypothetically, SDFP became an unallowed subject, would the moderators allow the old content in this thread to remain, or would the old unallowed discussions have to go bye-bye?

Right, but in this case, I'm actually connecting two MDEs with five of the same unique first names and transferring FPs between them :)

If the kiosk system gets tweaked to mesh with actual park ticket usage, then that will be the end of SDFP. All SDFP history would no longer apply so the majority of this thread would be obsolete.

This thread is morphing to CPFP which will still be a viable option for many DISers who have an abundance of tickets.

We'll have to wait and see what system changes are made and if TOS wording is altered. Then, continuation of the thread will again be an administrative decision based on the TOS.

Day #3 update...

No Disney warning e-mail yet...so it's now been about 72 hours later since setting up the above exp. and my FP's all appear to be "good."

I think that might set a record. Let us know if they ever suddenly disappear!

That is interesting that the fp havent vanished as they should have. Difference? He attached a 1 day (party) ticket. Hmm?
I think it's nearly impossible to interpret what is going on behind the scenes right now regarding FPs being pulled. I made some FP's with an AP voucher on 5/14, moved it off the account on 5/17 and didn't get an email warning till 5/30. I've done nothing since getting the email and still have the FPs w/ no ticket.

How did he even make FP for a party ticket that's well over 60 days away??
If I remember correctly, FPs were originally made using regular park tickets (or AP maybe) then transferred to party ticket and remain there at this time.

ETA: Admittedly, I've lost track of the exact dates of the FP so I'm out of the loop with regard to that. Found the OP:
I'm a "glutton for punishment"...here's my latest experiment:

Yesterday, I set-up 3 days of FP's on phantoms that I don't care about/need. I reassigned the tickets I had associated with them that were used to make the FP's, back to my main profiles. I then reassigned our upcoming MNSSHP tickets from our main profiles to the phantoms...so the phantoms have 3 days of FP's and an active party ticket (which is obviously good for only 1 day/party and for a different date). I'm curious if I will get the warning e-mail (and when and if I do, what will happen (FP's deleted? How long until deleted? Account...locked?)...

So far, approx. 24 hours later, everything is still okay...

Last edited:
I think it's nearly impossible to interpret what is going on behind the scenes right now regarding FPs being pulled. I made some FP's with an AP voucher on 5/14, moved it off the account on 5/17 and didn't get an email warning till 5/30. I've done nothing since getting the email and still have the FPs w/ no ticket.

I wonder if the FP's still remain on your account and the Mickey head just turns blue at the tap style and you are denied entry at that attraction. Just because it says you have it doesn't mean you will be able to use it kinda thing.

I wonder if the FP's still remain on your account and the Mickey head just turns blue at the tap style and you are denied entry at that attraction. Just because it says you have it doesn't mean you will be able to use it kinda thing.

That's where CP comes into play; you transfer the FP's from the phantoms to your main profile/magicband that was used to enter the park.

I tested it at home (doesn't mean it will work in the Parks though), that you can CP transfer FP's from ticketless phantoms.

My line of thinking is to do it now while you know you can and it's still allowed...once the changes happen, who knows if you'll still be able to or if it will still be within the Disney TOS. Plus, everyday you wait to make FP's, that's another day that some else can and your FP opportunities dwindle..think FoP....

Also, I'm assuming your non-expiring tix are unused? Can't reassign if they've been used.
My non-expiring tickets have never been associated with MDE. The tickets were 10 day non-expiring and they range in 1 to 6 remaining days. Since the tickets have been partially used, I will assign them to a phantom name (middle name with last name) and link the ticket to the individual that will someday use them. Will that work? I believe that if there is 1 remaining day I can only make FP for 1 day to convert to CPFP.

I am trying to make some NBFP's using an extra 2 day park hopper ticket. I made my first set of three fastpasses on one phantom and attempted to transfer the ticket to a second phantom. MDE is not letting me transfer the ticket from
phantom 1 to the 2nd phantom on both the app and on the mobile site (I keep getting the Donald Duck website down error). Am I doing something wrong? Halp!

I am trying to make some NBFP's using an extra 2 day park hopper ticket. I made my first set of three fastpasses on one phantom and attempted to transfer the ticket to a second phantom. MDE is not letting me transfer the ticket from
phantom 1 to the 2nd phantom on both the app and on the mobile site (I keep getting the Donald Duck website down error). Am I doing something wrong? Halp!
Nevermind. I just rechecked and and the ticket transfer worked.

My non-expiring tickets have never been associated with MDE. The tickets were 10 day non-expiring and they range in 1 to 6 remaining days. Since the tickets have been partially used, I will assign them to a phantom name (middle name with last name) and link the ticket to the individual that will someday use them. Will that work? I believe that if there is 1 remaining day I can only make FP for 1 day to convert to CPFP.

Hiro's right - it's a good idea to get your MDE the way you want it before June 6. So if you have non-expiring tickets that haven't been linked, this is a good time to link them. As you say, you can't reassign a partially used ticket - but you can always change the name of the profile.

One question, I made my 3 FP+ for one day. The last one from 11:00 - 12:00. Can I transfer a 11:30 FP+ after using the 11:00 at my main account? Can I transfer if I am inside the windows? Thanks.

One question, I made my 3 FP+ for one day. The last one from 11:00 - 12:00. Can I transfer a 11:30 FP+ after using the 11:00 at my main account? Can I transfer if I am inside the windows? Thanks.
Yes, the way I understand it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter