• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - so this is my plan for AK(I am going in August):

9am RD, head to Pandora (will get there early) and wander around. If possible, ride FoP standby.
9am FP+ (main profile) for Its Tough to be a Bug (will try to tap in on our way to Pandora. Otherwise, let it expire)
10am FP+ (Main profile) for Flights of Passage. Use it.
11am FP+ (Main profile) for Safari, Use it. Once tapped in, CPFP pre-booked 12pm FP+ (ticketed phantom) for Na'vi River Journey to main profile.
12pm Use it.

And so on for the rest of the pre-booked FPs on my phantom.

Will this work?

Many thanks to all those who are doing the leg work, and helping to try to figure out what is, and is not going to work after this change!

I have MNSSHP tickets but it's not allowing me to trial book any FP. I was able to trial book FP 30 days out in 2014. Do party tickets only allow you to book FP just for the party date and you cannot trial book it anymore? I hope I am not confusing you :flower3:
I don't know the answer to your question, but just to clarify what I did/am trying to do...The FP's were not made using the MNSSHP ticket (I made the FP's using another ticket and then reassigned that other ticket away from the phantoms). I'm using the MNSSHP ticket to show the Disney system when it checks that there is an associated "functional" ticket with the phantoms even though the associated functional ticket does not match up with the number of days of FP's associated with those phantoms.

I'm wondering if the system just checks for any functional ticket associated with the phantoms or if it checks for both a functional ticket and the number of "days" on the functional ticket match up with the number of days of FP's.

So far, I have two possible conclusions...

1. The MNSSHP tickets are working and making my phantoms and their associated 3 days of FP's acceptable to Disney and there for I'm good to go.

or

2. The Disney system (whatever that might be!) doesn't check every night (because I didn't wake up this morning with that wonderful warning e-mail), but checks periodically.

I'm guessing #2 will be the case...

I have MNSSHP tickets but it's not allowing me to trial book any FP. I was able to trial book FP 30 days out in 2014. Do party tickets only allow you to book FP just for the party date and you cannot trial book it anymore? I hope I am not confusing you :flower3:

Only for the party day and only 30 days out, unless the partied profile is on a resort reservation. Umbrella technique didn't work last year.

Ok leaving in the morning. I have done SDFP in the past. Came here for a refresher. Saw the new news. So my question is the old way of getting SDFP's should still work until June 6? We are only going to a park tomorrow and June 1. Another question is, as long as a magic band is not listed under the account I booked the trip with it should work to get SDFP even if it is The same name on the primary account and link account, right? Even if the accounts are linked together?

Does anyone think that these changes will have a significant impact on FP availability or wait times? Reading only this thread it seems like everyone uses these tricks, but of course this is only a teeny tiny corner of the Disney universe, so it's hard to say. Plus, if everyone just switches to CPFP, maybe it won't make any dent at all.

Honestly, I can't get mad at Disney for closing the loophole. It's only fair, and I'm surprised they didn't close it long ago.

:wave2: As this thread continues to fly forward, discussion needs to remain on SDFP, CPFP, and the means in which FPs can be booked and then transferred utilizing the Change Party function.

Discussions of FP booking strategies that don't end with CPFPs, are TOS violations.

:wave2: As this thread continues to fly forward, discussion needs to remain on SDFP, CPFP, and the means in which FPs can be booked and then transferred utilizing the Change Party function.

Discussions of FP booking strategies that don't end with CPFPs, are TOS violations.

Sorry - didn't realize I was guilty of this. Going back to delete prohibited posts now.

I'm reading and reading and still having trouble figuring out when I can start transferring (Change Party) FPs from another profile one by one (under the current system). Here are the various scenarios, as I can see them, and please tell me when I'm wrong or help where I need help:

1) At any park, I have used all three of my original FPs - go ahead and transfer. This is the easy one. Whenever I can, I will take this approach. But sometimes my hand is forced, so....

2) At MK (non-Tiered), I have only used 1 or 2 of my original FPs (and maybe didn't even book all 3) - I can delete any unused FP and then can transfer any attraction except one that I've already used a FP for; to repeat a ride, I'll have to use 3 FPs before transferring the repeat ride (IS THAT RIGHT?)

3) At a tiered park (EP, HS, or AK), I booked 3 FPs on my band but have only used 1 or 2 - I can transfer any new attraction (i.e. one I haven't used a FP for already) that fits into the Tier I that didn't ride. If I didn't ride my Tier One, I can transfer a Tier One. If I didn't book a Tier Two, I can transfer a new Tier Two. But if I want a second Tier One, I'll have to wait until all my orginals FP windows are expired or used, whichever comes first (SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS?)

4) At a tiered park (EP, HS, or AK), I booked only 1 or 2 FPs on my band, or I booked 3 but then canceled 1 or 2 - I can transfer any attraction that fits into the Tier I that didn't ride. If I didn't ride a Tier One, I can transfer a Tier One. If I didn't ride a Tier Two, I can transfer a Tier Two. But if I want a second Tier One, I'll have to book three FPs and wait until all my windows are expired or used, whichever comes first (SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS?)

Are these right?? Hoping for clarification based on what CURRENTLY works for CPFT. Understand that things could change.....

There seems to be a lot of speculation in the last few pages of posts.
Ill be waiting for updates after everything takes effect before attempting to reassigning tickets or worry about changing my current fp times to allow me cpfp as an option

Ok leaving in the morning. I have done SDFP in the past. Came here for a refresher. Saw the new news. So my question is the old way of getting SDFP's should still work until June 6? We are only going to a park tomorrow and June 1. Another question is, as long as a magic band is not listed under the account I booked the trip with it should work to get SDFP even if it is The same name on the primary account and link account, right? Even if the accounts are linked together?

If the names are the same, they could be merged - and the bands would be cloned. Change the names so they're not identical. Confirm that the codes on the MBs are distinct on the accounts. If so, they'll work for SDFP - we estimate until the 6th. Check the first post to clarify if you're not sure about the cloning issue.

If the names are the same, they could be merged - and the bands would be cloned. Change the names so they're not identical. Confirm that the codes on the MBs are distinct on the accounts. If so, they'll work for SDFP - we estimate until the 6th. Check the first post to clarify if you're not sure about the cloning issue.
Ok thank you

I'm reading and reading and still having trouble figuring out when I can start transferring (Change Party) FPs from another profile one by one (under the current system). Here are the various scenarios, as I can see them, and please tell me when I'm wrong or help where I need help:

1) At any park, I have used all three of my original FPs - go ahead and transfer. This is the easy one. Whenever I can, I will take this approach. But sometimes my hand is forced, so....

2) At MK (non-Tiered), I have only used 1 or 2 of my original FPs (and maybe didn't even book all 3) - I can delete any unused FP and then can transfer any attraction except one that I've already used a FP for; to repeat a ride, I'll have to use 3 FPs before transferring the repeat ride (IS THAT RIGHT?)

3) At a tiered park (EP, HS, or AK), I booked 3 FPs on my band but have only used 1 or 2 - I can transfer any new attraction (i.e. one I haven't used a FP for already) that fits into the Tier I that didn't ride. If I didn't ride my Tier One, I can transfer a Tier One. If I didn't book a Tier Two, I can transfer a new Tier Two. But if I want a second Tier One, I'll have to wait until all my orginals FP windows are expired or used, whichever comes first (SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS?)

4) At a tiered park (EP, HS, or AK), I booked only 1 or 2 FPs on my band, or I booked 3 but then canceled 1 or 2 - I can transfer any attraction that fits into the Tier I that didn't ride. If I didn't ride a Tier One, I can transfer a Tier One. If I didn't ride a Tier Two, I can transfer a Tier Two. But if I want a second Tier One, I'll have to book three FPs and wait until all my windows are expired or used, whichever comes first (SOMEONE PLEASE CONFIRM THIS?)

Are these right?? Hoping for clarification based on what CURRENTLY works for CPFT. Understand that things could change.....

1. Yes
2. Not sure why you would delete 2nd & 3rd FP instead of using them and then transferring the FP but that would work.
Yes to repeat a ride you have to already used 3 FP.

3. I've never tried the expiring thing so can't comment on that but are you asking if you can transfer a FP while you still have a prebooked FP (one of your original 3) remaining? If so no you can only have 3 original FP. Only Once those are all used you can transfer another.

4. Yes (again I haven't tried the expired thing) but if you didn't have 3 FP for that day you could transfer one subject to the tiering rules and once you use 3 can get an additional one at a time

If you could check booking a SDFP using a card/band without ticket media attached and then transfer it to someone with tickets (even at the end of the day) just to make sure I'm not the only one who can do this ;) we'd really appreciate having another data point!

I left MK early today because of a giant thunderstorm (after being next in line for BTMRR with my 6 year old who finally mustered up enough courage to ride it for the first time grrrrrrrrrr), and consequently all my fast passes are Multiple Experience ones that expire at the end of the day so I can't transfer any SDFPs to my profile (unless someone can explain how to cancel a Multiple Experiences fastpass). I was, however, able to transfer a four person SDFP to four other profiles with valid MYW tickets who did not enter the park today.

I left MK early today because of a giant thunderstorm (after being next in line for BTMRR with my 6 year old who finally mustered up enough courage to ride it for the first time grrrrrrrrrr), and consequently all my fast passes are Multiple Experience ones that expire at the end of the day so I can't transfer any SDFPs to my profile (unless someone can explain how to cancel a Multiple Experiences fastpass). I was, however, able to transfer a four person SDFP to four other profiles with valid MYW tickets who did not enter the park today.
So you tried to transfer them and you couldn't?

The reason I ask is because I received a Multiple Experience one last year and later a CM told me it would not inhibit my ability to book an additional after my other 2 pre-booked ones were used (which isn't exactly the same as transferring so that could be the hiccup). I admit, I didn't try it myself though.

So you tried to transfer them and you couldn't?

The reason I ask is because I received a Multiple Experience one last year and later a CM told me it would not inhibit my ability to book an additional after my other 2 pre-booked ones were used (which isn't exactly the same as transferring so that could be the hiccup). I admit, I didn't try it myself though.

I hadn't tried, but I just did and was able to transfer the FPs to people who were in the park today, even though they still have valid Multiple Experience fast passes.

1. Yes
2. Not sure why you would delete 2nd & 3rd FP instead of using them and then transferring the FP but that would work.
Yes to repeat a ride you have to already used 3 FP.
I mean ones from earlier in the day, after the window has passed (maybe I didn't get to the park in time, and now I'd rather ride the awesome rides on my CPFP than what's left in the FP for the day). Maybe I can transfer anyway, without deleting the missed ones?

3. I've never tried the expiring thing so can't comment on that but are you asking if you can transfer a FP while you still have a prebooked FP (one of your original 3) remaining? If so no you can only have 3 original FP. Only Once those are all used you can transfer another.
Asking if I can transfer a FP after time period expired for the ones I didn't use. Next Wednesday (June 7), my son and I are going to Hollywood just for a couple hours, after dinner on the Boardwalk. I have these FPs booked on our own tickets -- Star Tours 7-8, TOT 8-9, RNR 9-10 (the latest possible). I have another 8-9 RNR booked on my husband and daughter's tickets. I doubt we will get there in time for the Star Tours ride, so that one will expire without getting used. Will I be able to transfer second RNR to our tickets after we ride the first one?

4. Yes (again I haven't tried the expired thing) but if you didn't have 3 FP for that day you could transfer one subject to the tiering rules and once you use 3 can get an additional one at a time
Ok got it. Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't understand why the CPFP system would work differently in a tiered park vs non-tiered park(MK).

I thought I had it all figured out, now this! Here's my situation...We are staying offsite for the first time. I have a throw away room booked at FW for all six of us traveling with tickets attached on one MDE account. I have another throw away reservation for 2 nights later with the same 6 people (for the parking and EMH and another set of MBs that won't be tied to tickets) on another MDE account. Will the MBs come already tied to our reservation? I can change the names on the 2nd reservation to phantom names, but I can't actually change my own can I? If I will need to have the MDE accounts "friend" each other, won't that make it so that my MB will just be a clone (which I already have 2 of).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter