SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to ignore/delete if this is a stupid question, but I promise I read the entirety of the first post, twice:

We have a package. We'll be bringing an infant. I am under the impression said infant will receive a free MB because he's on the package, even though he doesn't have a ticket. Post #1 said that a ticket-less baby's MB could be used for SDFP, but also said that you can't add phantoms to a package.

My question is twofold:

If I acquire a second MB so that hubby and I can use it and Baby's MB as SDFP bands, I would HAVE to put that otherwise-acquired MB on its own, separate, phantom MDE, correct? That's what I would do.

I can't put it on my real one because we're on a package? (Unless I made the real one a baby, too, who doesn't need a ticket? But wouldn't I get major side-eye at check-in or whatever when we only have one actual baby and not two?) I suppose you could create another phantom under age 3 as long as you are not exceeding the occupancy limit of your resort room. No you wouldn't get side-eyed. Especially if you did online check-in and never even went to the front desk. Personally I prefer a completely separate MDE for my family's phantoms. It just feels more neat and tidy to have them completely separate.

Secondly- and this is mostly a question about how child-swap works (or whatever it is they call it) but sorta applies here- we have grandparents coming whose primary duties will include "Hold the baby while Mommy and Daddy ride Space Mountain" because we prefer to ride things together and not as solo riders. If we choose to child-swap (ride swap?) instead, how many FP's do you have to have for 2 parents + 1 child? Would both of us have to have a FP in order to enter the FP line, one person waits with Baby and then swaps with the other? Or can you enter that line on a single FP? (If that's the case, maybe we can get away with only using the one MB without having to acquire another...)here's a relatively new thread where the first post explains it pretty well:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/rider-swap-graphically-explained.3606277/

If I acquire a second MB so that hubby and I can use it and Baby's MB as SDFP bands, I would HAVE to put that otherwise-acquired MB on its own, separate, phantom MDE, correct? I can't put it on my real one because we're on a package? (Unless I made the real one a baby, too, who doesn't need a ticket? But wouldn't I get major side-eye at check-in or whatever when we only have one actual baby and not two?)

You will NEVER get side-eyed at check-in. In the first place - what hotel has ever asked you to line up the guests who will be in the room (picture the children von Trapp) so that they can do some kind of roll call or inspection? Never happens. And in the second place - CMs have seen it all - including the same man arriving three times in one day to check in with three different "wives" (in three different rooms) - the women were not supposed to know about each other (and the CMs said nothing). (This is a true story from the Boardwalk.) If you had something unusual on your reservation -- such as triplets or quadruplets (three or four infants of the same age) -- they might comment at check-in - but only out of human interest, not to police you or your reservation.

Maybe if you called reservations to add another infant to the package, the CM might ask you why you hadn't included the second baby from the beginning. You could explain it was a mistake - that you had intended to include both. Or, better yet, reward their nosiness by saying that you decided to tell your husband about your love child - you had gone to Paris to wait out the pregnancy and give birth, so your husband hadn't known until just today. You decided to reveal the existence of petit Jean Claude so you could bring him along to Disney - one of the nuns will be flying to Florida with l'enfant from the convent where he's been hidden for the last year. Your husband took the news really well, but of course he's got skeletons in his own closet.

Personally, I'd add Jean Claude's profile to your primary MDE. (Please call him Jean Claude!!) Too much trouble to switch back and forth between MDEs when you only have one lonely phantom. You can set up his profile on your MDE whether you decide to add him to your package (under age 3) or just buy a MB for him (leaving him off the reservation -- too much drama, right?). And of course adding a phantom to your profile does not add him to a reservation - you have to call Disney to do that.

Last edited:
Or reward their nosiness by saying that you decided to tell your husband about your love child - you had gone to Paris to wait out the pregnancy and give birth, so your husband hadn't known until just today. You decided to reveal the existence of petit Jean Claude so you could bring him along to Disney - one of the nuns will be flying with l'enfant from the convent where he's been hidden for the last year. Your husband took the news really well, but of course he's got skeletons in his own closet.

Personally, I'd add Jean Claude's profile to your primary MDE. (Please call him Jean Claude!!) Too much trouble to switch back and forth between MDEs when you only have one lonely phantom.
Had a good laugh at this - thanks for being so generous to mere mortals like myself with both your humor and knowledge.

Has anyone just carried the extra magic band to get on the ride instead of wearing it? I would like for us to just wear our reg. magic band and have the extra in our hand to use at the attraction, then I would just put the extras back up in my bag. Will the castmembers say anything if we do that?

Has anyone just carried the extra magic band to get on the ride instead of wearing it? I would like for us to just wear our reg. magic band and have the extra in our hand to use at the attraction, then I would just put the extras back up in my bag. Will the castmembers say anything if we do that?
Yes I've done that. Just keep in mind some attractions have a second MB touch point farther down the line. Might be a PITB to dig them out of your bag again.

I have a clarification question for efficient kiosk booking.

If my group wants to split up in groups, with half the phantom bands being used by one group, and half being used by the other, will bands/people from the other group show up and need to be deleted from the party when I go to book extra FP at the kiosks? The first time I will need to tap every band I want to book FP for correct? But after that I should only need to tap one, right? But will the two groups stay separate from each other, or will the system see that they have all been tapped, even at different times.

Is there a quick step by step instruction on how to do this at the kiosk? I don't want to attract attention.

I haven't been there in two years, but I recall walking up only with my band and making six passes for the rest of the family.

1) If you're saying I'll need all six bands, does that mean I'll need to swipe each one individually?

Which I assume means that...

2) You might not be able to get six identical sets of FP's?

Is there a quick step by step instruction on how to do this at the kiosk? I don't want to attract attention.

I haven't been there in two years, but I recall walking up only with my band and making six passes for the rest of the family.

1) If you're saying I'll need all six bands, does that mean I'll need to swipe each one individually?

Which I assume means that...

2) You might not be able to get six identical sets of FP's?
Post #3 of this thread has step by step instructions with pictures.

Below is the FastPass kiosk location list taken from the original FP+ FAQ DIS thread. It was last updated about a year ago. Does anyone know if it is still accurate? In addition to the City Hall location in MK, are there any other locations that are accessible before rope drop?

Thanks!

MAGIC KINGDOM
  • Mickey's PhilharMagic
  • The Diamond Horseshoe
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Stitch's Great Escape!
  • City Hall / Guest Relations (not listed on park maps, not staffed)
EPCOT
  • Innoventions West Breezeway
  • Innoventions East Breezeway
  • Innoventions Plaza Tip Board (between SpaceShip Earth and Future World fountain)
  • International Gateway (between UK and France in World Showcase)
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
  • Corner of Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard
  • Sunset Boulevard (between Tower of Terror and Rock 'n' Roller Coaster)
  • Toy Story Midway Mania
  • Muppet*Vision 3D
ANIMAL KINGDOM
  • Disney Outfitters
  • Island Mercantile
  • Kali River Rapids
  • Tusker House Restaurant
  • Guest Relations (not listed on park maps, not staffed)

After you tap all your bands the first time do you need to tap all of them each time or will they all come up after the first time? hope that's not confusing.

We were just there 5/12-17 & one of my boys had to just carry his old band. It was from 3-1/2 years ago when he was a lot smaller so we had removed the extra part back then to fit more comfortably. It wouldn't fit on his wrist now so he just carried it. He never had a problem.

A cool side note, I bought four used cards on Ebay for a trip in a few months, and then overheard a co-worker saying they were leaving for Disney World this Monday. So, they're borrowing the four cards to both use for themselves and to make sure I don't have clones (they were only $2 each, so no biggie).

Thanks for this thread! It's very clear and I'm sure it's totally doable for my friends and me next year.
I hope it's still working then.pixiedust:

Added to the first page:

May 2017
THE PARTY MAY BE ENDING VERY SOON!

- Don't buy any more MagicBands or cards for SDFP.
- Don't use any BORROWED bands after June 1.
- Don't attempt to enter a FP attraction with a prebooked FP unless you used the linked ticket at the park entrance. (This thread has refrained from discussion of this for many months - but now we're saying specifically DO NOT DO IT.)
- Don't add phantoms to your primary MDE profile, if you haven't already done so.

Check back for more updates soon.

Added to the first page:

May 2017

- Don't attempt to enter a FP attraction with a prebooked FP unless you used the linked ticket at the park entrance. (This thread has refrained from discussion of this for many months - but now we're saying specifically DO NOT DO IT.)
- Don't add phantoms to your primary MDE profile, if you haven't already done so.

Poop! But will June 1st be ok, that's our last day? Fingers crossed since you said after!

Added to the first page:

May 2017

This is sad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter