SDFP: CHANGES COMING!! Beware the 7th of June?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I've read the main page and as much as I can, and didn't find the answer to this question. Sorry if it is buried somewhere. I know I can borrow a friend's magic bands (they have their own MDE), and use those for SDFP. But, can I use my sister's from our trip last year-she is listed on my MDE (not linked-I "manage" her), because she is not going this year. So, she is listed under my MDE, but she isn't going with us. And, if so, do I have to use her magic band, or could I use her ticket card instead for SDFP? Thanks!

So you can't use that set of cards for SDFP.

But you could set up a new profile for your husband's new ticket and change the name of his profile with the old hopper. Then you could prebook "GLFP" on the six day hopper - probably six days worth of FP (even if there's only one day of admission left on the ticket). The thing is, it only gives you one set of extra FP - which doesn't do a family a whole lot of good. Still, it's an option.

So sorry but what does GLFP stand for?

We are travelling to WDW in October and my sister and her family are going in December. I have persuaded her to let me use her tickets for GLFP (with my solemn promise that if I mess it up I will buy her a new set of tickets!). Obviously I will not be using her tickets for park admission. She did ask me if the tickets have a fastpass entitlement on them which I would use up, leaving none left for her, even if her park admission is fine. Now clearly if GLFP work, that can't be the case but could I clarify why that doesn't happen to put our minds at ease? Before posting I read the GLFP section of the first post three times to check I am not asking a question that is already answered there!

We are travelling to WDW in October and my sister and her family are going in December. I have persuaded her to let me use her tickets for GLFP (with my solemn promise that if I mess it up I will buy her a new set of tickets!). Obviously I will not be using her tickets for park admission. She did ask me if the tickets have a fastpass entitlement on them which I would use up, leaving none left for her, even if her park admission is fine. Now clearly if GLFP work, that can't be the case but could I clarify why that doesn't happen to put our minds at ease? Before posting I read the GLFP section of the first post three times to check I am not asking a question that is already answered there!

This is a wrinkle I didn't address on the first post, but you were a sport to reread. There are quite a few versions of the situation, so it's hard to simplify an answer.

You can't "use up" your FP entitlement. You could book some for next week, use them - then book another set for the next week, use them, and repeat - indefinitely. However, at any one time, you can only have FP for the same number of days that you have tickets. So if you have four day hoppers, you can only ever have four days of FP. As you use one day's worth, you can book another day. When you've used up your GLFP in October, your sister can book her FP for December.

The problem you may have is that her booking window is probably going to open before or during your trip. (She's presumably staying on site. What sister of yours wouldn't??) So she's going to need those booking days for herself, potentially. If she's really nice, she could wait until your last day to book her FP - but that might mean missing out on a Frozen Ever After FP, etc.

I don't suppose you're going at the start of October whilst she's going at the end of December? Let us know how it works out.

Ha ha, she's my older sister so she doesn't listen to me! She's staying offsite. Thanks for the clarification on the FP entitlement. I'll definitely report back afterwards.
Jen

Ha ha, she's my older sister so she doesn't listen to me! She's staying offsite. Thanks for the clarification on the FP entitlement. I'll definitely report back afterwards.
Jen

So offsite means she'll only have a 30 day booking window for FP - which will open in November. So you should be able to book your own FP in the next few weeks (if you're staying onsite) without stepping on her booking window.

Please...need help with this...First, I am sorry if I am asking in the wrong thread...We are still going to Disney World in September but, we will be dropping one adult from our reservation and tickets...However, we purchased 3 adult and 1 child MNSSHP tickets...I know it's not refundable but, what is the best way to get "something" out of it, rather than just throw it away? Thank you in advance.

Please...need help with this...First, I am sorry if I am asking in the wrong thread...We are still going to Disney World in September but, we will be dropping one adult from our reservation and tickets...However, we purchased 3 adult and 1 child MNSSHP tickets...I know it's not refundable but, what is the best way to get "something" out of it, rather than just throw it away? Thank you in advance.
Call Ticketing and explain your situation. It's very likely your money will be refunded and your MNSSHP ticket will be voided. Almost all parties were sold out last year so your ticket can be returned to the "sales" pool.

If you purchase tickets to use in the future and to use now as generators...will Disney send the card media for tickets? Just wondering if I should return the magic bands I bought. I would prefer to have cards for the generator ones anyway.

If you purchase tickets to use in the future and to use now as generators...will Disney send the card media for tickets? Just wondering if I should return the magic bands I bought. I would prefer to have cards for the generator ones anyway.

I believe you can't return MagicBands.

If those won't work for you and you want to sell them let me know :)

She can't sell the cloned cards if she has (or will have) tickets on those profiles - as the buyer could access the tickets.

However, you can get used or "empty" cards on eBay for about $4 each.

She can't sell the cloned cards if she has (or will have) tickets on those profiles - as the buyer could access the tickets.

However, you can get used or "empty" cards on eBay for about $4 each.
SO if I got those "empty" cards off ebay there would be no pre set up like the MBs and linking them to phantom accts, correct? With the empty cards, just show up and use them?

If I have to keep them...no big deal. Biggest question is if they give a plastic card with the ticket when purchased.

Generally yes, but keep a sharp eye on a ticket purchase made on disneyworld.com. Disney is moving to paperless tickets - since you can access the entitlement with your MagicBand. If you're purchasing from Disney, you may only be given a "will call" option. You can still request cards when you stop at guest services - but they may not be mailed to you. Give Disney a call about the ticket purchase if it's unclear on the website.

SO if I got those "empty" cards off ebay there would be no pre set up like the MBs and linking them to phantom accts, correct? With the empty cards, just show up and use them?

If you buy a used ticket that's never been linked, you could go ahead and link the card to a phantom - but there's no real reason to do that - you're not going to be able to book FP, because the admission entitlement is gone. So you'd use the card for SDFP at a kiosk. A card will work at a kiosk whether or not it's been linked to a profile. That's not true of a MagicBand - it has to be linked first.

You can't really go wrong with a card on eBay. But you can go wrong with MagicBands on eBay - if they were stolen from a merchandise location or Disney Store, they're useless for SDFP.

Of course, this is on the first page of the thread. :)

Last edited:
If you buy a ticket that's never been linked, you could go ahead and link the card to a phantom - but there's no real reason to do that - you're not going to be able to book FP, because the admission entitlement is gone. So you'd use the card for SDFP at a kiosk. A card will work at a kiosk whether or not it's been linked to a profile. That's not true of a MagicBand - it has to be linked first.

I read the page and knew how to do all this with the magic band. You are much more vague on buying an old used card off ebay. I will not be getting extra bands. My question was only if I buy an expired ticket, is there any set up.

You can't really go wrong with a card on eBay. But you can go wrong with MagicBands on eBay - if they were stolen from a merchandise location or Disney Store, they're useless for SDFP.

Of course, this is on the first page of the thread. :) I read it.
-

Okay, I've read the main page and as much as I can, and didn't find the answer to this question. Sorry if it is buried somewhere. I know I can borrow a friend's magic bands (they have their own MDE), and use those for SDFP. But, can I use my sister's from our trip last year-she is listed on my MDE (not linked-I "manage" her), because she is not going this year. So, she is listed under my MDE, but she isn't going with us. And, if so, do I have to use her magic band, or could I use her ticket card instead for SDFP? Thanks!

Anyone know the answer to this? Thanks!

You can use either her card or her band. You'll also be able to see any SDFP's you make for her on your MDE since you manage her (but still not change them other than at a kiosk if no valid tickets). I frequently use cards from people I've bought tickets for and managed (my boys' girlfriends, grandparents, nieces & nephews) for SDFP.
I read the page and knew how to do all this with the magic band. You are much more vague on buying an old used card off ebay. I will not be getting extra bands. My question was only if I buy an expired ticket, is there any set up.

Easiest thing is to just use the cards at a kiosk, and take a picture of what you book. In that case, no set-up is needed. I know some people have said you can reassign cards without tickets remaining on them, but I've never had luck with this, even with people originally on my MDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter