• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scooter Vendor Reviews

Which EVC rental vendor(s) have you used in pasts visits that you would most recommend to others?

• Total voters
DH was told that Gold Mobility implemented the policy because Bell Services at that particular hotel keeps messing up dramatically with things like loosing keys, giving people the wrong scooters, etc. I believe there are a couple of other hotels they have done this with too. It isn't the hotel that required it, it was Gold Mobility doing it to protect themselves and their customers.
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/places-to-stay/hard-rock-hotel#information-policies&
Universal Hotels preferred vendors; Buena Vista , scotterbug , apple and BP Mobility are the only vendors allowed to deliver on property.

Gold is able to work around written policy in most of the Universal Hotels. Gold is able to use valet instead of bell services in some hotels.

My guess is some hotels follow policy.

Last edited:
No we were at Beach Club.... got stuck in Epcot on a ride that went down while were in the middle of it..... recieved the text that the driver would be there at noon - like we had planned on - and when I told him that we SHOULD still make it in time, he texted that anything past noon would be an extra cost. We got there with one minute to spare... he was grumpy.

Don't get me wrong, I love the scooters with all the extras, but this just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

EDIT: I'll probably go with them again for my April trip, but thought I'd ask if there were other vendors I didn't know about.
Wow I’ve used Gold Mobility many times and I’ve never known them to charge extra if you need to change your delivery time and I’ve had to text them several times when my plane was delayed or luggage took an extra long time to get to baggage area and they were always happy to work with me to reschedule delivery.

I’m pretty sure this is a request only. If you tell them it doesn’t work for you, they’ll come at the original time request.

We’ve gotten a couple texts like this the day before as well, asking if it was possible to change our time by 30 or 60 minutes. We’ve accepted and declined depending on our schedule. One was a 7:30a change to 8am, and DH didn’t mind because we were just packing up our room. Other times it mattered and they honored our existing request.

There is a good reason this happens with Gold. They let you pick whatever hour you want. Other vendors have you pick from a drop-down list of prescheduled times per resort, so say you’re staying at Beach Club, you’ll probably just get 3 time choices per day like 8am, 1pm, 6pm but it you’re staying at OKW it‘ll be 7:30am, noon, and 5pm.

But Gold Does not have a limited dropdown, you can put whatever time you want (within operational hours).

This convenience for the customer means a little more running around for them. So if driver Joe gets a schedule that requests BC at 9am and 10am, and OKW at 9:30am and 10:30am, he’ll try to see if anybody is willing to move time slightly so hopefully he can at least combine one or the other.

View attachment 823670

^Above is just 3 options for each resort.

Gold lets you pick whatever hour works best for you:

View attachment 823671
People can't really think Gold is magically able to deliver and pick up all scooters exactly on the hour.

We are requesting an appropriate delivery window.

Gold states

Please allow +- 30 minutes when making delivery and pickup time requests.

You request a 10a delivery. The night before you may be asked if you prefer 9:50 or 10:20

I quoted one poster. I'm referring to a few other fans of Gold that create unreasonable assumptions and demands.

Yes Gold will try and accomodate unreasonable demands and requests

People can't really think Gold is magically able to deliver and pick up all scooters exactly on the hour.

We are requesting an appropriate delivery window.

Gold states

Please allow +- 30 minutes when making delivery and pickup time requests.

You request a 10a delivery. The night before you may be asked if you prefer 9:50 or 10:20

I quoted one poster. I'm referring to a few other fans of Gold that create unreasonable assumptions and demands.

Yes Gold will try and accomodate unreasonable demands and requests
Yes they do say +/- 30 minutes, but DH an I have never had to wait on Gold, but Gold has had to wait on us due to delayed flights before. But the answer is they will generally meet you at the time you specify.

Yes they do say +/- 30 minutes, but DH an I have never had to wait on Gold, but Gold has had to wait on us due to delayed flights before. But the answer is they will generally meet you at the time you specify.
A day or two in advance I'm given a choice of times, about 30 minutes apart, within the window. The times I've arrived early I contacted the driver and didn't have to wait very long.
Other posters have shared similar experiences.

Yes, if you're booking a slow time Gold might meet you on the hour.

Reasonable customers understand Gold can't possibly meet every customer exactly on the hour. A day or two an actual time is confirmed.

Yes, Gold accomodates unreasonable customers.

We have used Gold once, no issues…other than battery died while in DHS, but we had the plug. (This was back in 2020). Walker the last two times because it has better battery life, can easily go a full day, and you don’t need to cover it up if it rains. We usually stay offsite, but last trip was a split stay. So we had them drop off. At All Stars, then for pick up we were off site so just needed to drop it off at our connivence at the place the resort had. The Walker one is heavier, but we were still able to load it into an SUV.

We have used Gold once, no issues…other than battery died while in DHS, but we had the plug. (This was back in 2020
Gold scooters are typically good for 2 days. Typically the battery level only goes down a bar or 2 after one day. I once "charged" a scooter in a switch controlled outlet. It lasted 2.5 days.
A few posters have had battery issues with Walker.

That said I avoid companies I've had issues with and stick with companies I've had good luck with. Walker works you.

Gold scooters are typically good for 2 days. Typically the battery level only goes down a bar or 2 after one day. I once "charged" a scooter in a switch controlled outlet. It lasted 2.5 days.
A few posters have had battery issues with Walker.

That said I avoid companies I've had issues with and stick with companies I've had good luck with. Walker works you.
That hasn't been my experience, we have seen quicker battery usage as we both use scooters and don't need to go at walking speed. (I'm not saying we are unsafe, but there are times when no one is in front of us so we can zoom right along, like on the pathway from Hollywood Studios to Cresent Lake resorts, or from bus to park entrance).

We always need to charge overnight.

We always need to charge overnight
Scooters should be charged overnight. I didn't deliberately go a second day without charging.

My, intended, point....the scooter had more then enough battery life for one day.

Edited to add AK and the walkway around Crescent Lake, particularly to EPCOT, uses more battery then other locations

I know Gold claims to include extended-range batteries. I do believe they had trouble obtaining those batteries for quite a while post-covid. So YMMV as to whether you get a long-life battery or not.

For Gold, we did have the Go-Go Sport, so I’m sure that is why the batteries did not last as long as the Walker. We had to rent those as we had two people needing scooters and we’re staying off-property so had to be able to load them into a minivan …along with 7 passengers. So certainly if you are looking for something easier to load into a vehicle, I would go with that one. No concerns at all with the company. In fact, my moms husband bought his own Go-Go sport after that trip because he liked it so much and how convenient it was to load.

Walker can be loaded into a vehicle, but takes up more space and is much heavier. My mom likes the Pink scooters that Walker has as they stand out 🤣 & the fact that you don’t need to worry about covering up the console if it rains. I gave her the choice for upcoming trip of whether she wanted to go with the Gold Victory model or Walker, and she said she was happy with the Walker one, so to rent that (and she has chosen Pink again) (at least I won’t need to lift it this time! We are staying in property)

For Gold, we did have the Go-Go Sport, so I’m sure that is why the batteries did not last as long as the Walker. We had to rent those as we had two people needing scooters and we’re staying off-property so had to be able to load them into a minivan …along with 7 passengers. So certainly if you are looking for something easier to load into a vehicle, I would go with that one. No concerns at all with the company. In fact, my moms husband bought his own Go-Go sport after that trip because he liked it so much and how convenient it was to load.
Yes, I used to rent the Go-Go Sport, but last time they really emphasized to me how the battery wouldn't last as long as the next model up (forget the name). Since then, I've rented the Go-Go just once, when we needed to break it down and transport it a lot, and while it lasted just fine for me, I'll admit that it was a low key trip with less running around than usual.

Wow I didn’t know people disliked Scooterbug so much! My mom has only used them since 2016 and has had nothing but great experiences.

I know Gold claims to include extended-range batteries. I do believe they had trouble obtaining those batteries for quite a while post-covid. So YMMV as to whether you get a long-life battery or not.
They main issue they had was getting them for the GoGo Sport model, which may still be the case, although it isn't the batteries that are the issue, it was getting enough of the high capacity battery boxes. This is likely why they are overemphasizing that the batteries won't last as long in this model.

But they definitely have the extended batteries for the Victory model in every single unit now, there was a short time they had a small issue with getting them right after COVID, but then they found Interstate made an even higher capacity battery that fit and was available in the needed quantities, so now all of the Victory models are changed out.

Walker can be loaded into a vehicle, but takes up more space and is much heavier. My mom likes the Pink scooters that Walker has as they stand out 🤣 & the fact that you don’t need to worry about covering up the console if it rains. I gave her the choice for upcoming trip of whether she wanted to go with the Gold Victory model or Walker, and she said she was happy with the Walker one, so to rent that (and she has chosen Pink again) (at least I won’t need to lift it this time! We are staying in property)
For my GoGo Sport, DH changed the batteries out to Lifepo4 batteries using the high capacity battery box it came with and I get about a 20 mile range now. We bought my scooter used and it needed new batteries anyway, found some inexpensive Lithium Ion batteries on Amazon and they work great. But yeah, if they aren't Lithium Ion, they will not last as long as the Victory 10 or the one from Walker, even if they are the extended batteries generally.

Do people ever use the sun shades in the parks? They seem big and bulky to me but wondering if they help with the heat or if they are just a pain in the booty.

I've never used one, but I have seen a few in the parks. I'm not sure (but I could be wrong) that you can use one on Disney transportation... anyone know? I've often wondered how well they really work anyway, since they really depend on the angle of the sun.

Last edited:
After reading more on the website it says the sunshade is only for on property use. I suspect it won't fit in a car. I just watched a video with the Victory being disassembled and I really don't see how it will fit in the back of a minvan even though the website says it will. We need to be able to transport 6 people as well. Not sure how everyone/the scooter will fit.

After reading more on the website it says the sunshade is only for on property use. I suspect it won't fit in a car. I just watched a video with the Victory being disassembled and I really don't see how it will fit in the back of a minvan even though the website says it will. We need to be able to transport 6 people as well. Not sure how everyone/the scooter will fit.
We will be traveling with 7 and rented a van. One person will be getting an EVC and we are also wondering if we will be able to take the van, or if they will have to use disney transportation. Hopefully someone will have the answer for us.

I've never used one, but I have seen a few in the parks. I'm not sure (but I could be wrong) that you can use one on Disney transportation... anyone know? I've often wondered how well they really work anyway, since they really depend on the angle of the sun.
DH and I have both tried sunshades and found they don't really help and just get in the way. It is better to buy a stroller UV umbrella off of Amazon and clamp it to the handle bar (or elsewhere) of the scooter when needed. It does more to beat the heat when needed and can be removed when not needed. They aren't that expensive and you can use it at home too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter