• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Scooter Vendor Reviews

Which EVC rental vendor(s) have you used in pasts visits that you would most recommend to others?

• Total voters
Two out of the three times, we used Gold our pick up time was changed an hour or more . Got a text the day before. I do a leave room at 10:30. Scooter pickup at 11, Car service at 12, flight at 3. That way there is wiggle room all around. But not when I get a text the day before, pickup is now at noon.
There is no right or wrong, just personal comfort level. I figure the pickup guy is always somewhat dependent on earlier pick up clients being on time. It's easier on me to space things out.
Our pick up was 4:30 the day before we checked out, dinner in the hotel.
Car service 9:30am for 12:30pm flight. We'd rather have plenty of time at the airport than risk being rushed.

There is no right or wrong, just personal comfort level. I figure the pickup guy is always somewhat dependent on earlier pick up clients being on time. It's easier on me to space things out.
Our pick up was 4:30 the day before we checked out, dinner in the hotel.
Car service 9:30am for 12:30pm flight. We'd rather have plenty of time at the airport than risk being rushed.
We could only use a night before pick if we had a room close to lobby. Our last trip at AKL kidani we were almost at the end of the wing. It would have taken DH at least 30 mins to do that with only a rollator. It would be walk, rest, walk ,rest , and repeat a bunch times over. Every couple hundred feet, he would need stop to catch his breath.

Two out of the three times, we used Gold our pick up time was changed an hour or more . Got a text the day before. I do a leave room at 10:30. Scooter pickup at 11, Car service at 12, flight at 3. That way there is wiggle room all around. But not when I get a text the day before, pickup is now at noon.
I received a similar text from Gold a day or two before my pickup day. They only wanted to change the time to a half hour later, but I wasn't comfortable with having less time before my flight. I texted them back asking if they could do my original request time, and they were able to do so.

We could only use a night before pick if we had a room close to lobby. Our last trip at AKL kidani we were almost at the end of the wing. It would have taken DH at least 30 mins to do that with only a rollator. It would be walk, rest, walk ,rest , and repeat a bunch times over. Every couple hundred feet, he would need stop to catch his breath.
I certainly understand. We could never book a stay at Kidani due to it's size.
We try to get over there each visit though. Saana is a favorite.

I received a similar text from Gold a day or two before my pickup day. They only wanted to change the time to a half hour later, but I wasn't comfortable with having less time before my flight. I texted them back asking if they could do my original request time, and they were able to do so.

I’m pretty sure this is a request only. If you tell them it doesn’t work for you, they’ll come at the original time request.

We’ve gotten a couple texts like this the day before as well, asking if it was possible to change our time by 30 or 60 minutes. We’ve accepted and declined depending on our schedule. One was a 7:30a change to 8am, and DH didn’t mind because we were just packing up our room. Other times it mattered and they honored our existing request.

There is a good reason this happens with Gold. They let you pick whatever hour you want. Other vendors have you pick from a drop-down list of prescheduled times per resort, so say you’re staying at Beach Club, you’ll probably just get 3 time choices per day like 8am, 1pm, 6pm but it you’re staying at OKW it‘ll be 7:30am, noon, and 5pm.

But Gold Does not have a limited dropdown, you can put whatever time you want (within operational hours).

This convenience for the customer means a little more running around for them. So if driver Joe gets a schedule that requests BC at 9am and 10am, and OKW at 9:30am and 10:30am, he’ll try to see if anybody is willing to move time slightly so hopefully he can at least combine one or the other.

IMG_0607.jpeg

^Above is just 3 options for each resort.

Gold lets you pick whatever hour works best for you:

IMG_0608.png

Can they come inside the lobby? Apparently Gold cannot and has to meet you outside.
Replying to my own post. I did contact Walker yesterday and asked about delivery/location. They, too, drop and pickup outside the lobby - "right outside the lobby doors" she said. So it might be that Disney has started making all other vendors, other than their preferred, deliver outside rather than inside.

I know I witnessed a delivery a few years ago, and I think it was from Gold, where the renters waited inside, sitting comfortably in the lobby chairs and chatting with us, and the delivery guy drove their scooters right up to them. They were regular customers so didn't need instructions, and told us that they wouldn't rent from anyone else because they liked Gold so much.

Unfortunately, that's happened to me the last couple times I've rented from Gold Mobility. And the time before that, they changed my time to 1/2 an hour earlier. Then she showed up 15 minutes earlier than that, and texted me to find out where I was-45 minutes before the original time. But she didn't seem to mind. Also, it's good to know that I might be able to say that the change is inconvenient.

No we were at Beach Club.... got stuck in Epcot on a ride that went down while were in the middle of it..... recieved the text that the driver would be there at noon - like we had planned on - and when I told him that we SHOULD still make it in time, he texted that anything past noon would be an extra cost. We got there with one minute to spare... he was grumpy.

Don't get me wrong, I love the scooters with all the extras, but this just kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

EDIT: I'll probably go with them again for my April trip, but thought I'd ask if there were other vendors I didn't know about.
That is not normal for them and I would take it up with those above the person.

Unfortunately, that's happened to me the last couple times I've rented from Gold Mobility. And the time before that, they changed my time to 1/2 an hour earlier. Then she showed up 15 minutes earlier than that, and texted me to find out where I was-45 minutes before the original time. But she didn't seem to mind. Also, it's good to know that I might be able to say that the change is inconvenient.
I am guessing there were some communications issues, as we have never had that happen and I would definitely ask for someone higher up.

Last time I rented from Gold I made a last minute hotel change from All Stars to CSR. I forgot to tell them until a day before so I picked up the scooter from All Stars as was the original plan - I had my son drop me off there when I arrived. I had told them I moved resorts when all this happened - but they still scheduled the pickup for All Stars. I'm like...bro...I told you a week ago I moved hotels and only kept the pickup the same cause it was my fault it was so late. They were a bit snarky about it but they'd known at this point for a week I had changed hotels. I had to leave the ECV with the CSR bell services for them to get later cause they told me there was nothing they could do. I think they are having more trouble with pickup/dropoff times.

TLDR: if you change hotels - confirm and re-confirm they have noted the change

When we rented from Gold we were renting a house. They showed up exactly the time requested. They were great with communication and texted to keep us updated for both luck-up and drop-off.

We rented with Walker and would not rent from them again. Their customer service was good—arrived early and picked up outside our unit at OKW but the actual scooter was not good. The first broke down in HS and took forever getting it replaced. We had to actually exit the park with it to meet them. And the replacement barely held a charge for the day. Will definitely be renting from Gold for our next trip.

I changed my vote to incude the Disney Daily rentals also. In the past I have used them when I didn't need a scooter all the time. I could handle much of the day with walking and resting, but at some point, knowing I would have a long walk back to the bus, I would choose to get a scooter. I could have probably had someone push me back to the bus in a curtesey wheelchair but I don't remember them being that prevalent then.

So for someone who only needs one for the day, as an alternative, I would recommend a park ECV rental or a park wheelchair rental if there is someone in the party that can push them.

The Pros are that you can rent at the park and not have to worry about loading on bus or breaking a rental down for a car trunk, as well as not having to find a place to park it in your room.

The Cons are the price, ($65 +$20 deposit per day - more than a weekly rental from an outside vendor), as well as not having it for use outside the park, such as monorails, resorts, or off property. Also, if you don't rent it right away in the AM upon entry, they may run out - and there is no guarantee of getting one at a park you hop to. Plus that long walk back to the bus... :crazy2:

Last edited:
A lot of times they will ask several people, as they know some may have some flexibility and then they can work it out so that those with flexibility can adjust and those without can still have their original time.

In my most recent trip, my wife broke her ankle in the hotel parking lot the morning of day 3. She went to urgent care to get an x-ray while I took the girls to the park. After she was done, I called Buena Vista. They delivered to the Marriott World Center bell desk within 30 minutes of my call. I was able to leave it with the bell desk the afternoon we checked out for pick up the next morning. It was really convenient, and easy to get on short notice. I would definitely recommend them.

I was talking to Gold Mobility and they told me they do not leave their scooters at the bellstand at Loewe's Royal Pacific. Anyone have Universal hotel-specific experiences?

The drop down menu on the reservation page tells you which resorts require in person delivery and pick up. Gold uses the valet for delivery and pick up at Portofino Bay Hotel, personal experience.

Edited to add I think Hard Rock Hotel and Aventura Hotel also require in person delivery/ pickup

Last edited:
No we were at Beach Club.... got stuck in Epcot on a ride that went down while were in the middle of it..... recieved the text that the driver would be there at noon - like we had planned on - and when I told him that we SHOULD still make it in time, he texted that anything past noon would be an extra cost. We got there with one minute to spare... he was grumpy.
Waiting for you might have made him late for the next group of customers. Not good if the customer was going to the airport next.

No excuse for rudeness. The driver should have offered you a later time, maybe 30 minutes later, and you should have politely accepted. Alternatively ask if you could meet him at one of the other resorts in the area. The driver might have been going to YC or Boardwalk next.

I was talking to Gold Mobility and they told me they do not leave their scooters at the bellstand at Loewe's Royal Pacific. Anyone have Universal hotel-specific experiences?
I always use Walker Mobility and they have left it at the bellstand for me.

I always use Walker Mobility and they have left it at the bellstand for me.
DH was told that Gold Mobility implemented the policy because Bell Services at that particular hotel keeps messing up dramatically with things like loosing keys, giving people the wrong scooters, etc. I believe there are a couple of other hotels they have done this with too. It isn't the hotel that required it, it was Gold Mobility doing it to protect themselves and their customers.

Losing keys reminds me of the only time I rented a scooter that could be left at Bell Services. Please forgive me if I posted this earlier. We arrived at Bell Services at OKW and waited and waited for our scooter. Finally the attendant came back to tell us that he couldn't find the key, so we'd have to wait (longer than we had) while he'd find one that "worked". So we ended up waiting longer than we do if we meet the vendor. And someone after me would be without a key also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter