Sci-Fi Dine in Restaurant or Hollywood Brown Derby?

If it was your first time at either of these restaurants, which would you choose?

• Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant

Votes: 51 86.4%
  • The Hollywood Brown Derby

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
The food is much, much, MUCH better at HBD, but I think everyone has to experience Sci-Fi at least once! It's the best themed restaurant at WDW, IMHO.

With young kids, I'd recommend Sci-Fi. I actually thought the food there was surprisingly good - I was expecting basically a slight step up from fast food, but the ingredients were all noticeably fresh and the food was all flavorful and delicious. Hollywood Brown Derby is more fine-dining style food, and while yes, it's much better than Sci-Fi, I still adore Sci-Fi. It's more fun, for sure, and the food and atmosphere are both more kid-friendly.

Thanks for all the awesome advice everyone! I would definitely prefer atmosphere for the kids so sounds like I will make Sci-Fi the priority and maybe try to fit in HBD somewhere if possible =)

We love the Brown Derby, but it is more of an elegant experience. Sci-Fi would be my choice given your situation!

Given your group and the fact that it's your first time, I'd say Sci-Fi--not the greatest food, but definitely a unique place especially for the kids. One thing, is your 3 year old at all stressed by dark places? Pretty dark in Sci-Fi.

I haven't eaten at Brown Derby, but my entire family LOVES Sci-Fi. I think because it is kind of dark and the movie is going on, our kids are very relaxed and quiet during the meal. I also just think it is so much fun to eat in the cars. We have enjoyed the food there each time too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter